The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


Paphitis reckons he's having "fun" on the Internet...

Feel free to talk about anything that you want.

Re: Paphitis reckons he's having "fun" on the Internet...

Postby Get Real! » Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:49 pm

Pyrpolizer wrote:Just a question GR:
I assume you use your Classic browser to log in here. Does it remember your nick and password or you have to enter it every time?

:shock: Is that a serious question? :lol:
User avatar
Get Real!
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 42192
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:25 am
Location: Nicosia

Re: Paphitis reckons he's having "fun" on the Internet...

Postby Paphitis » Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:30 pm

Pyrpolizer wrote:Just a question GR:
I assume you use your Classic browser to log in here. Does it remember your nick and password or you have to enter it every time?


He blocks Google servers completely Pyro.

therefore, you can't even log into a YouTube account. Such is the paranoia of the man! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Same with his password management. You have to save each one individually from memory. As long as it isn't a server he doesn't like that it, such as Google for instance. :lol:
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 23452
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Re: Paphitis reckons he's having "fun" on the Internet...

Postby Get Real! » Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:37 pm

Paphitis wrote:
Pyrpolizer wrote:Just a question GR:
I assume you use your Classic browser to log in here. Does it remember your nick and password or you have to enter it every time?

He blocks Google servers completely Pyro.

therefore, you can't even log into a YouTube account. Such is the paranoia of the man! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Same with his password management. You have to save each one individually from memory. As long as it isn't a server he doesn't like that it, such as Google for instance. :lol:

It’s all in the bible mate… 8)



Psalms 139:49 And the Lord commanded… “Place thy hands over thy keyboard and I, your almighty God, will guide thee!”

And GR placed his hands over the keyboard and lo and behold a rush of energy came upon him. One thousand and one lines he typed during the first evening and before long script flowed in all directions.

And it came to pass that GR had completed God’s browser and the Lord saw what GR had done and said that it was good.

And the Lord blessed the first year of its making and called it the Classic year, and woe unto any man, woman, or child who rejects God’s work!

And the Lord said… “Let no man, woman, or child surf the net lest they be shielded from the prince of the underworld with God’s browser”

And the apostle Peter saw the browser and said that it was good. And all the people of the land rejoiced after receiving God’s generous gift.
User avatar
Get Real!
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 42192
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:25 am
Location: Nicosia

Re: Paphitis reckons he's having "fun" on the Internet...

Postby Pyrpolizer » Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:46 pm

Get Real! wrote:
Paphitis wrote:
Pyrpolizer wrote:Just a question GR:
I assume you use your Classic browser to log in here. Does it remember your nick and password or you have to enter it every time?

He blocks Google servers completely Pyro.

therefore, you can't even log into a YouTube account. Such is the paranoia of the man! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Same with his password management. You have to save each one individually from memory. As long as it isn't a server he doesn't like that it, such as Google for instance. :lol:

It’s all in the bible mate… 8)



Psalms 139:49 And the Lord commanded… “Place thy hands over thy keyboard and I, your almighty God, will guide thee!”

And GR placed his hands over the keyboard and lo and behold a rush of energy came upon him. One thousand and one lines he typed during the first evening and before long script flowed in all directions.

And it came to pass that GR had completed God’s browser and the Lord saw what GR had done and said that it was good.

And the Lord blessed the first year of its making and called it the Classic year, and woe unto any man, woman, or child who rejects God’s work!

And the Lord said… “Let no man, woman, or child surf the net lest they be shielded from the prince of the underworld with God’s browser”

And the apostle Peter saw the browser and said that it was good. And all the people of the land rejoiced after receiving God’s generous gift.


Does the classic have a button to call God to type my passwords and nicks? :lol: :lol:
Seriously you have to look at the practicality of things.
For example you could have a button that would call a personal database file containing nicks and passwords from "my documents".
User avatar
Pyrpolizer
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 9907
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:33 pm

Re: Paphitis reckons he's having "fun" on the Internet...

Postby Get Real! » Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:10 pm

Pyrpolizer wrote:Does the classic have a button to call God to type my passwords and nicks? :lol: :lol:
Seriously you have to look at the practicality of things.
For example you could have a button that would call a personal database file containing nicks and passwords from "my documents".

You’ll have to do it yourself one-off unfortunately.

Problem is… unlike bookmarks/favorites there’s no standard when it comes to how user accounts are kept. Every browser has its own method so automating this is an absolute nightmare. Some browsers have done it for a few competitors I’m aware, and good for them.

I would definitely consider however adding comma-delimited imports of user accounts. I might just do that actually… :?
User avatar
Get Real!
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 42192
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:25 am
Location: Nicosia

Re: Paphitis reckons he's having "fun" on the Internet...

Postby Pyrpolizer » Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:44 pm

Get Real! wrote:
Pyrpolizer wrote:Does the classic have a button to call God to type my passwords and nicks? :lol: :lol:
Seriously you have to look at the practicality of things.
For example you could have a button that would call a personal database file containing nicks and passwords from "my documents".

You’ll have to do it yourself one-off unfortunately.

Problem is… unlike bookmarks/favorites there’s no standard when it comes to how user accounts are kept. Every browser has its own method so automating this is an absolute nightmare. Some browsers have done it for a few competitors I’m aware, and good for them.

I would definitely consider however adding comma-delimited imports of user accounts. I might just do that actually… :?


You could do it by providing the user with a right click sub menu titled "get my user name/password". All browsers need you to type something while you are inside an input box. Better 2 clicks rather than having to remember and then type things. Just a suggestion...
User avatar
Pyrpolizer
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 9907
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:33 pm

Re: Paphitis reckons he's having "fun" on the Internet...

Postby Get Real! » Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:22 am

Pyrpolizer wrote:
Get Real! wrote:
Pyrpolizer wrote:Does the classic have a button to call God to type my passwords and nicks? :lol: :lol:
Seriously you have to look at the practicality of things.
For example you could have a button that would call a personal database file containing nicks and passwords from "my documents".

You’ll have to do it yourself one-off unfortunately.

Problem is… unlike bookmarks/favorites there’s no standard when it comes to how user accounts are kept. Every browser has its own method so automating this is an absolute nightmare. Some browsers have done it for a few competitors I’m aware, and good for them.

I would definitely consider however adding comma-delimited imports of user accounts. I might just do that actually… :?


You could do it by providing the user with a right click sub menu titled "get my user name/password". All browsers need you to type something while you are inside an input box. Better 2 clicks rather than having to remember and then type things. Just a suggestion...

I’m not sure I follow… I’ve been talking about IMPORTING user accounts (multiple) into my browser’s “Site Memberships” module, while you seem to be talking about the actual moment where the details are auto-entered by the browser but I already have that sorted. Mine is fully automated.

The only problem is for first time users who have to enter their membership details in the "Site Memberships" module one-time.
User avatar
Get Real!
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 42192
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:25 am
Location: Nicosia

Re: Paphitis reckons he's having "fun" on the Internet...

Postby Paphitis » Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:22 am

Pyrpolizer wrote:
Get Real! wrote:
Paphitis wrote:
Pyrpolizer wrote:Just a question GR:
I assume you use your Classic browser to log in here. Does it remember your nick and password or you have to enter it every time?

He blocks Google servers completely Pyro.

therefore, you can't even log into a YouTube account. Such is the paranoia of the man! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Same with his password management. You have to save each one individually from memory. As long as it isn't a server he doesn't like that it, such as Google for instance. :lol:

It’s all in the bible mate… 8)



Psalms 139:49 And the Lord commanded… “Place thy hands over thy keyboard and I, your almighty God, will guide thee!”

And GR placed his hands over the keyboard and lo and behold a rush of energy came upon him. One thousand and one lines he typed during the first evening and before long script flowed in all directions.

And it came to pass that GR had completed God’s browser and the Lord saw what GR had done and said that it was good.

And the Lord blessed the first year of its making and called it the Classic year, and woe unto any man, woman, or child who rejects God’s work!

And the Lord said… “Let no man, woman, or child surf the net lest they be shielded from the prince of the underworld with God’s browser”

And the apostle Peter saw the browser and said that it was good. And all the people of the land rejoiced after receiving God’s generous gift.


Does the classic have a button to call God to type my passwords and nicks? :lol: :lol:
Seriously you have to look at the practicality of things.
For example you could have a button that would call a personal database file containing nicks and passwords from "my documents".


If you want practicality Pyro, then the Classic just isn't for you mate.

Unless all you do on the internet is come to Cyprus Forum.

You can't even log in to places like YouTube. Which is incredibly stupid. What else will you not be able to log into?
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 23452
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Re: Paphitis reckons he's having "fun" on the Internet...

Postby Paphitis » Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:26 am

Pyrpolizer wrote:
Get Real! wrote:
Pyrpolizer wrote:Does the classic have a button to call God to type my passwords and nicks? :lol: :lol:
Seriously you have to look at the practicality of things.
For example you could have a button that would call a personal database file containing nicks and passwords from "my documents".

You’ll have to do it yourself one-off unfortunately.

Problem is… unlike bookmarks/favorites there’s no standard when it comes to how user accounts are kept. Every browser has its own method so automating this is an absolute nightmare. Some browsers have done it for a few competitors I’m aware, and good for them.

I would definitely consider however adding comma-delimited imports of user accounts. I might just do that actually… :?


You could do it by providing the user with a right click sub menu titled "get my user name/password". All browsers need you to type something while you are inside an input box. Better 2 clicks rather than having to remember and then type things. Just a suggestion...


There are browsers out there that recognize the web page and identify your username and password and they populate the field automatically without typing anything. All you need to do is press ENTER.

Mozilla, Opera, Vivaldi and Safari have password keychains now.

And of course you can switch it off for certain websites too. You can configure. the right click method is old hat.

Get Real is only making a browser to fit his own needs, and that means blocking all Google servers which is very odd. In other words, let's switch the internet off. Yes there are other search engines, but in my experience Google offers substantive products and great search results, especially when you are looking for something in your area. For people with concerns, it is better to switch between Duck Duck Go and Google. But if you have real concerns or are borderline paranoid, there are other options like Tor out there. You searches are via a middle server. the disadvantage here is that the web browsing is slow.

Get Real would be better served to join an open source community such as Mozilla Firefox. This community have built a browser that is very capable of being private but they don't go stupid and switch everything off and ban google servers. They leave that up to the user.

Even Google's biggest critics use Google services but they use them on their terms. There will be a day when you need to find a business and need to rely on Google. So unless you are going to remain in your own Tseri bubble, Get Real's one size fits all isn't a good fit for 99.99% of people.
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 23452
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Re: Paphitis reckons he's having "fun" on the Internet...

Postby Get Real! » Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:27 am

Paphitis wrote:You can't even log in to places like YouTube. Which is incredibly stupid. What else will you not be able to log into?

Just watch the videos and shut up Paphitis… why the hell anyone would want to log onto Utube is beyond me! Only gay prima donnas wanna log on there! :lol:

Paphitis wrote:There are browsers out there that recognize the web page and identify your username and password and they populate the field automatically without typing anything. All you need to do is press ENTER.

:roll: The Classic is the most automated when it comes to logons; no need to press the enter key. You open CF as an example, and your details have already populated in a flash! :lol:

Paphitis wrote:Get Real is only making a browser to fit his own needs, and that means blocking all Google servers which is very odd. In other words, let's switch the internet off.

You'll thank me later... :)

Paphitis wrote:Yes there are other search engines, but in my experience Google offers substantive...

:? Who says you can’t search on Google Search? I even have them on my search menu!

Paphitis wrote:This community have built a browser that is very capable of being private but they don't go stupid and switch everything off and ban google servers.

What do you know about "private browsers" re Paphiti? Do you honestly think you've got the technical know-how to determine which browser is "private" and which isn't? Come on stop dreaming... :roll: :lol:

Paphitis wrote:Get Real's one size fits all isn't a good fit for 99.99% of people.

There's nothing out there more configurable and programmable than the Classic... you just don't understand enough about software and computers to arrive at informed conclusions.


Overall, you’re posting lies and stupidities re Paphiti... you’re just so incompetent in the computer world that you resort to assumptions to soften the blow of your shortcomings! :lol:
User avatar
Get Real!
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 42192
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:25 am
Location: Nicosia

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest