The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


Snake - what kind?

Ask any specific question related to Cyprus.

Snake - what kind?

Postby CrookedRiverGuy » Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:52 pm

What kind is this?

20190713_184245.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
CrookedRiverGuy
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 387
Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:15 pm

Re: Snake - what kind?

Postby Londonrake » Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:17 pm

I think it’s a cat snake.

You go first though, :lol:
Londonrake
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 1258
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:19 pm
Location: ROC

Re: Snake - what kind?

Postby repulsewarrior » Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:27 pm

python.
User avatar
repulsewarrior
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8440
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:13 am
Location: homeless in Canada

Re: Snake - what kind?

Postby CrookedRiverGuy » Sun Jul 14, 2019 5:54 am

Londonrake wrote:I think it’s a cat snake.

You go first though, :lol:



Thanks, I guess you're right! Not supposed to be venomous to humans though
User avatar
CrookedRiverGuy
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 387
Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:15 pm

Re: Snake - what kind?

Postby Londonrake » Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:37 am

CrookedRiverGuy wrote:
Londonrake wrote:I think it’s a cat snake.

You go first though, :lol:



Thanks, I guess you're right! Not supposed to be venomous to humans though


Yep, yep. You’ll be just fine. :wink: :lol:
Londonrake
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 1258
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:19 pm
Location: ROC

Re: Snake - what kind?

Postby Lordo » Sun Jul 14, 2019 12:46 pm

look at its tail, if it is short and stubby, it looks like goufi which is very poisonous.
User avatar
Lordo
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 12252
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: softalar, banana republic

Re: Snake - what kind?

Postby CrookedRiverGuy » Sun Jul 14, 2019 2:58 pm

Lordo wrote:look at its tail, if it is short and stubby, it looks like goufi which is very poisonous.



What's a goufi? I read up a little and understood the only really venomous one was the blunt nosed viper?
User avatar
CrookedRiverGuy
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 387
Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:15 pm

Re: Snake - what kind?

Postby miltiades » Sun Jul 14, 2019 5:16 pm

A koufi roughly translated is a snake. It's not, to my knowledge, a particular specie, it refers to all types of snakes.
User avatar
miltiades
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 17315
Joined: Thu Apr 13, 2006 10:01 pm

Re: Snake - what kind?

Postby Lordo » Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:30 pm

CrookedRiverGuy wrote:
Lordo wrote:look at its tail, if it is short and stubby, it looks like goufi which is very poisonous.



What's a goufi? I read up a little and understood the only really venomous one was the blunt nosed viper?

the blunt nosed viper in cyprus is known as goufi. in griik sheepriot terms goufi means deaf. for some reason they are known as that.

we have a saying "goufi na se grousi."
User avatar
Lordo
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 12252
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: softalar, banana republic

Re: Snake - what kind?

Postby kurupetos » Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:13 am

Lordo wrote:
CrookedRiverGuy wrote:
Lordo wrote:look at its tail, if it is short and stubby, it looks like goufi which is very poisonous.



What's a goufi? I read up a little and understood the only really venomous one was the blunt nosed viper?

the blunt nosed viper in cyprus is known as goufi. in griik sheepriot terms goufi means deaf. for some reason they are known as that.

we have a saying "goufi na se grousi."

Dongolosu nakkasi... :mrgreen:
User avatar
kurupetos
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 18758
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:46 pm
Location: Cyprus

Next

Return to Cyprus Questions and Answers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests