The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


Souvla technology

Anything related to the Internet, computers and technology in general.

Re: Souvla technology

Postby kurupetos » Fri Oct 02, 2020 11:15 am

Oceanside50 wrote:Where can one buy the be of these bad boys?

Call Mr Panikkos: 99 543881
User avatar
kurupetos
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 18855
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:46 pm
Location: Cyprus

Re: Souvla technology

Postby Paphitis » Fri Oct 02, 2020 12:41 pm

kurupetos wrote:
Oceanside50 wrote:Where can one buy the be of these bad boys?

Call Mr Panikkos: 99 543881


I’ll show you my Foukou when I finish it off.

It’s basically a Foukou on steroids that isn’t only able to do Cyprus Souvla for breakfast, but roast an entire pig or lamb at the same time, kalamaristika style.

We have big parties at my house and I’m getting ready for the New Years Party like never before. Biggest party ever with lots of guests, booze and food and dipping in the pool to the wee hours. We should be done by 4am. Oh and very loud music. So the neighbours are probably not gonna be too happy. 2 neighbours on the invite list. My across the road neighbor, an Aussie married to a Polish girl isn’t gonna know what hit him! The other neighbor is Greek so he has a chance of surviving the ordeal. :D

Mr Panikos Goukou is just a little toy! :lol: I’ll buy one for my Sin to practice on so he can get his Foukou licence. Might double up as a good breakfast Foukou! 8)

Δεν παίζει ο Παφίτης!
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 29629
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Re: Souvla technology

Postby Kikapu » Fri Oct 02, 2020 1:03 pm

Paphitis wrote:
kurupetos wrote:
Oceanside50 wrote:Where can one buy the be of these bad boys?

Call Mr Panikkos: 99 543881


I’ll show you my Foukou when I finish it off.

It’s basically a Foukou on steroids that isn’t only able to do Cyprus Souvla for breakfast, but roast an entire pig or lamb at the same time, kalamaristika style.

We have big parties at my house and I’m getting ready for the New Years Party like never before. Biggest party ever with lots of guests, booze and food and dipping in the pool to the wee hours. We should be done by 4am. Oh and very loud music. So the neighbours are probably not gonna be too happy. 2 neighbours on the invite list. My across the road neighbor, an Aussie married to a Polish girl isn’t gonna know what hit him! The other neighbor is Greek so he has a chance of surviving the ordeal. :D

Mr Panikos Goukou is just a little toy! :lol: I’ll buy one for my Sin to practice on so he can get his Foukou licence. 8)


Couple of months ago there was a bottle of wine, some chocolates and a note left at mine and other neighbours mail boxes letting us know that there would be a large wedding party at a boat club along the river just few hundred meters from where we live, informing us that it may get a little noisy at late hours on a Friday night. That is the Swiss for you for being very courteous. :D

Now, you could do the same with your neighbours too. :idea:
User avatar
Kikapu
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 16670
Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2006 6:18 pm

Re: Souvla technology

Postby Paphitis » Fri Oct 02, 2020 1:12 pm

Kikapu wrote:
Paphitis wrote:
kurupetos wrote:
Oceanside50 wrote:Where can one buy the be of these bad boys?

Call Mr Panikkos: 99 543881


I’ll show you my Foukou when I finish it off.

It’s basically a Foukou on steroids that isn’t only able to do Cyprus Souvla for breakfast, but roast an entire pig or lamb at the same time, kalamaristika style.

We have big parties at my house and I’m getting ready for the New Years Party like never before. Biggest party ever with lots of guests, booze and food and dipping in the pool to the wee hours. We should be done by 4am. Oh and very loud music. So the neighbours are probably not gonna be too happy. 2 neighbours on the invite list. My across the road neighbor, an Aussie married to a Polish girl isn’t gonna know what hit him! The other neighbor is Greek so he has a chance of surviving the ordeal. :D

Mr Panikos Goukou is just a little toy! :lol: I’ll buy one for my Sin to practice on so he can get his Foukou licence. 8)


Couple of months ago there was a bottle of wine, some chocolates and a note left at mine and other neighbours mail boxes letting us know that there would be a large wedding party at a boat club along the river just few hundred meters from where we live, informing us that it may get a little noisy to late hours on a Friday night. That is the Swiss for you for being very courteous. :D

Now, you could do the same with your neighbours too. :idea:


Yes we are always courteous with all of them.

Some you never see because they are always busy. I don’t think they will complain but we are willing to invite most of them anyway as there will be plenty of food anyway. There is an old lady which we are happy to put food at her door. But the poor dear is very old and might have a heart attack.

Basically it will be for the family. Outlaws, brother in law and wife with their kids, koumbaro and family, his brother and family, Koumbaro from NZ, and a Christmas party for our tradesmen (mostly Aussies and some Greeks, Serbs, a Croat, an English Englishmen as in actually from England, and a Puerto Rican.

Might let some of the other neighbours come actually because they might get upset for not getting an invite.

They should be warned though because Koumbaro is a bit full on. Will try and put him on a leash.

So we have kids, a swimming pool, too much food, loud music, Zivania, scotch, wine, and Koumbato. What could go wrong?
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 29629
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Re: Souvla technology

Postby Paphitis » Fri Oct 02, 2020 1:41 pm

The cops better not come is all I got to say.

I might have to look into the Covid rules so the SS Gestapo don’t pay us a visit.
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 29629
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Re: Souvla technology

Postby Kikapu » Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:13 pm

Paphitis wrote:
Kikapu wrote:
Paphitis wrote:
kurupetos wrote:
Oceanside50 wrote:Where can one buy the be of these bad boys?

Call Mr Panikkos: 99 543881


I’ll show you my Foukou when I finish it off.

It’s basically a Foukou on steroids that isn’t only able to do Cyprus Souvla for breakfast, but roast an entire pig or lamb at the same time, kalamaristika style.

We have big parties at my house and I’m getting ready for the New Years Party like never before. Biggest party ever with lots of guests, booze and food and dipping in the pool to the wee hours. We should be done by 4am. Oh and very loud music. So the neighbours are probably not gonna be too happy. 2 neighbours on the invite list. My across the road neighbor, an Aussie married to a Polish girl isn’t gonna know what hit him! The other neighbor is Greek so he has a chance of surviving the ordeal. :D

Mr Panikos Goukou is just a little toy! :lol: I’ll buy one for my Sin to practice on so he can get his Foukou licence. 8)


Couple of months ago there was a bottle of wine, some chocolates and a note left at mine and other neighbours mail boxes letting us know that there would be a large wedding party at a boat club along the river just few hundred meters from where we live, informing us that it may get a little noisy to late hours on a Friday night. That is the Swiss for you for being very courteous. :D

Now, you could do the same with your neighbours too. :idea:


Yes we are always courteous with all of them.

Some you never see because they are always busy. I don’t think they will complain but we are willing to invite most of them anyway as there will be plenty of food anyway. There is an old lady which we are happy to put food at her door. But the poor dear is very old and might have a heart attack.

Basically it will be for the family. Outlaws, brother in law and wife with their kids, koumbaro and family, his brother and family, Koumbaro from NZ, and a Christmas party for our tradesmen (mostly Aussies and some Greeks, Serbs, a Croat, an English Englishmen as in actually from England, and a Puerto Rican.

Might let some of the other neighbours come actually because they might get upset for not getting an invite.

They should be warned though because Koumbaro is a bit full on. Will try and put him on a leash.

So we have kids, a swimming pool, too much food, loud music, Zivania, scotch, wine, and Koumbato. What could go wrong?


Does that mean Covid social distancing restrictions are now lifted where you are?
User avatar
Kikapu
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 16670
Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2006 6:18 pm

Re: Souvla technology

Postby Paphitis » Fri Oct 02, 2020 4:44 pm

Kikapu wrote:
Paphitis wrote:
Kikapu wrote:
Paphitis wrote:
kurupetos wrote:
Oceanside50 wrote:Where can one buy the be of these bad boys?

Call Mr Panikkos: 99 543881


I’ll show you my Foukou when I finish it off.

It’s basically a Foukou on steroids that isn’t only able to do Cyprus Souvla for breakfast, but roast an entire pig or lamb at the same time, kalamaristika style.

We have big parties at my house and I’m getting ready for the New Years Party like never before. Biggest party ever with lots of guests, booze and food and dipping in the pool to the wee hours. We should be done by 4am. Oh and very loud music. So the neighbours are probably not gonna be too happy. 2 neighbours on the invite list. My across the road neighbor, an Aussie married to a Polish girl isn’t gonna know what hit him! The other neighbor is Greek so he has a chance of surviving the ordeal. :D

Mr Panikos Goukou is just a little toy! :lol: I’ll buy one for my Sin to practice on so he can get his Foukou licence. 8)


Couple of months ago there was a bottle of wine, some chocolates and a note left at mine and other neighbours mail boxes letting us know that there would be a large wedding party at a boat club along the river just few hundred meters from where we live, informing us that it may get a little noisy to late hours on a Friday night. That is the Swiss for you for being very courteous. :D

Now, you could do the same with your neighbours too. :idea:


Yes we are always courteous with all of them.

Some you never see because they are always busy. I don’t think they will complain but we are willing to invite most of them anyway as there will be plenty of food anyway. There is an old lady which we are happy to put food at her door. But the poor dear is very old and might have a heart attack.

Basically it will be for the family. Outlaws, brother in law and wife with their kids, koumbaro and family, his brother and family, Koumbaro from NZ, and a Christmas party for our tradesmen (mostly Aussies and some Greeks, Serbs, a Croat, an English Englishmen as in actually from England, and a Puerto Rican.

Might let some of the other neighbours come actually because they might get upset for not getting an invite.

They should be warned though because Koumbaro is a bit full on. Will try and put him on a leash.

So we have kids, a swimming pool, too much food, loud music, Zivania, scotch, wine, and Koumbato. What could go wrong?


Does that mean Covid social distancing restrictions are now lifted where you are?


Pretty much!

We have zero community transmission, and no COVID cases here in a city with a population of 1.4 million (Adelaide).

Brisbane is the same as well.

No COVID restrictions other than:
1. Restrictions on international travel.

Everything is open. You can’t stand at any bar or pub though. I know, it’s ridiculous.

There is social distancing. But you can have 1 person per 2 square meters.

The problem was only in Melbourne where it got out of control but now they are down to about 10 new cases per day. Sydney as about the same.

But it’s Melbourne that has the big restrictions. Freedom of movement is restricted still, everything is pretty much shut and under lock down till 27th of October.

There is now a bubble between all of Australia and NZ but Victoria is excluded from the bubble.

Aviation is picking up as well with steady increases. Hopefully up to 50% within a month. I know there is a scramble with checks atm. I did mine recently as well.

But it will take 12 months to get everyone up and running.
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 29629
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Re: Souvla technology

Postby Get Real! » Fri Oct 02, 2020 4:50 pm

Paphitis wrote:We have zero community transmission, and no COVID cases here in a city with a population of 1.4 million (Adelaide).

Brisbane is the same as well.

Shut up… because the last time you made such claims Australia went from 100 dead to 1000 dead in the space of like two months!
User avatar
Get Real!
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 43528
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:25 am
Location: Nicosia

Re: Souvla technology

Postby Paphitis » Fri Oct 02, 2020 4:53 pm

We still have international flights though. Only carrying Australian citizens coming home. And picking up freight and leaving. Not allowed to leave the country unless you have a bloody good reason and approved by the Government. So can’t go to Greece or Cyprus or anywhere.

I however would be allowed to go to the States if my employer called me up and if I declare to DFAT I am a US resident. But then it’s hard coming back to Australia.
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 29629
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Re: Souvla technology

Postby Paphitis » Fri Oct 02, 2020 4:57 pm

Get Real! wrote:
Paphitis wrote:We have zero community transmission, and no COVID cases here in a city with a population of 1.4 million (Adelaide).

Brisbane is the same as well.

Shut up… because the last time you made such claims Australia went from 100 dead to 1000 dead in the space of like two months!


We do have zero community transmission.

We only have 2 Covid sufferers in hospital who just arrived from overseas. We knew they were carriers but they were allowed in because they are Australians. When they got here, they were taken away to an isolation and infectious disease ward and have no access to anyone other than their medical careers.

We are among the lowest in the world even with Melbournes blow out. And it was snuffed our very quickly aka South Korean style.

It’s you that has a big problem in Cyprus. We are ok in Australia in terms of COVID and are living as per normal in most parts except Melbourne.
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 29629
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Internet, Computers and Technology

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest