The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


My uncle, just turned 103

Feel free to talk about anything that you want.

My uncle, just turned 103

Postby Paphitis » Sun May 24, 2020 6:20 pm

Yeh just had a moving chat with my uncle (Dad's brother). One of 9 siblings. Only 2 remain alive. The oldest, now 103, and the youngest (which I also spoke to).

I feel for the isolation these wonderful people are experiencing.

I need to get to Cyprus as soon as possible.

It seems that longevity is a feature on my dad's side of the Family. My YiaYia died at 103. My uncle looks as though he is going to beat her. he can still walk to kafeneio and live a fairly good life. Glad they are now open again in Cyprus.
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 29700
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Re: My uncle, just turned 103

Postby Get Real! » Sun May 24, 2020 6:26 pm

:shock: Are you saying you may well be on the CF until you’re 100? :?

Have mercy on us Paphitis... :(
User avatar
Get Real!
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 43550
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:25 am
Location: Nicosia

Re: My uncle, just turned 103

Postby Paphitis » Sun May 24, 2020 6:29 pm

Get Real! wrote::shock: Are you saying you may well be on the CF until you’re 100? :?

Have mercy on us Paphitis... :(


Haha! maybe....I hope so!

Now here is an interesting question. I wonder what the Cyprus form would be like when we are over 100 and still here! :lol:
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 29700
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Re: My uncle, just turned 103

Postby erolz66 » Sun May 24, 2020 6:36 pm

And people worry about suicide from lock down :lol:
erolz66
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 4321
Joined: Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:31 pm

Re: My uncle, just turned 103

Postby Get Real! » Sun May 24, 2020 6:38 pm

Paphitis wrote:
Get Real! wrote::shock: Are you saying you may well be on the CF until you’re 100? :?

Have mercy on us Paphitis... :(


Haha! maybe....I hope so!

Now here is an interesting question. I wonder what the Cyprus form would be like when we are over 100 and still here! :lol:

I imagine you’ll be running some super-gay browser under Windows 24, and a 167” screen... :?
User avatar
Get Real!
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 43550
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:25 am
Location: Nicosia

Re: My uncle, just turned 103

Postby Paphitis » Sun May 24, 2020 6:44 pm

Get Real! wrote:
Paphitis wrote:
Get Real! wrote::shock: Are you saying you may well be on the CF until you’re 100? :?

Have mercy on us Paphitis... :(


Haha! maybe....I hope so!

Now here is an interesting question. I wonder what the Cyprus form would be like when we are over 100 and still here! :lol:

I imagine you’ll be running some super-gay browser under Windows 24, and a 167” screen... :?


Probably right about Windows 24 or higher, or some other OS that has taken over. Things never remain stationary.

As for running browsers, I think I imagine myself probably being in Cyprus or Greece in retirement after my kids take over everything and run it responsibly.

Probably Greece if I can help it. I just feel like it's the most amazing little place in the world.
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 29700
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Re: My uncle, just turned 103

Postby Kikapu » Mon May 25, 2020 5:45 am

So coooooool. 8)

I feel like I am 2/3 the way already there.

I guess that was the easy part.

The remaining 1/3 the way might be a bit of a hill to climb however! :D
User avatar
Kikapu
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 16705
Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2006 6:18 pm

Re: My uncle, just turned 103

Postby Londonrake » Mon May 25, 2020 9:21 am

Some post-Saturday night mornings I feel like I've exceeded that record. :(
Londonrake
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 3114
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:19 pm
Location: ROC


Return to General Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest