The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content

Cyprus 2008

Feel free to talk about anything that you want.

Postby xxNilxx » Thu Aug 28, 2008 2:45 am

Youtube was banned because of AKP party. Not the Kemalists.

Mrs Stella Grivas; what is your problem with homosexuals? Who cares if he is? It's not really an insult to say that someone is or isn't a homosexual, it's their sexual preference. Afterall, Makarious is homosexual too. :wink:
xxNilxx
Contributor
Contributor

Postby tessintrnc » Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:58 am

Zan, thank you for posting the pictures. Someone said that the local internet thingy was down yesterday so was "using" the Turkish one. I seem ok now!!! Thanks so much......

Tess
tessintrnc
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Postby denizaksulu » Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:01 am

xxNilxx wrote:Really nice pics Zan. Glad you enjoyed it.

Bu arada burasi neresi? >> http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=aVnW8AA

Looks like RizoKarpasia on the panhandle, on the way to the Apostolos Andreas Monastery. We had coffee there I think.

Am I right Zan? (I mean about the location)
denizaksulu
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby tessintrnc » Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:16 am

I've passed through there a couple of times, and going back to the Karpas on saturday for an overnight stay......Heaven!!! "The Oasis " has rooms right on the beach and make the most fabulous fish dinners!!
tessintrnc
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Postby denizaksulu » Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:12 am

As mentioned on earlier posts I visited my village. After visiting Connor of Varosha, I took a stroll down the road to visit the Mosque.

Lo and behold, it had vanished.

The rumours I had heard were in fact sadly true.
After 1963, we heard that it was pulled down and its stones were used in construction elsewhere. It could not have fallen down by itself as it was constructed of large blocks of stone and not mud bricks. There also was a half built minaret, built from the donations of TCs working abroad.

There goes the fallacy of Turkish religious places being untouched.

As I have often mentioned I condemn all destruction of properties whether TC or GC.

Now in its place is a little orchard. How quaint!

The hillock behind is the Strahala, behind which are our vineyards. They have since died and used as corn fields.

Last edited by denizaksulu on Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
denizaksulu
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby zan » Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:12 am

denizaksulu wrote:
xxNilxx wrote:Really nice pics Zan. Glad you enjoyed it.

Bu arada burasi neresi? >> http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=aVnW8AA

Looks like RizoKarpasia on the panhandle, on the way to the Apostolos Andreas Monastery. We had coffee there I think.

Am I right Zan? (I mean about the location)

I cannot remember the actual name of the village but but am sure you are right Deniz. The photo above gives you more clues xxNilsxx and thanks for the comments. There seems to be quite a few Greek restaurants on the way and I asked if there were such places in the South of TC origin but never got an answer. :wink:

Tess
You are most welcome.
zan
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor

Postby LENA » Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:15 am

We have places owned my TC Zan....mainly is kebab places (as far as I know at least)
LENA
Main Contributor
Main Contributor

Postby zan » Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:16 am

humanist wrote:Thanks for the pictures Zan, Hope you all had a great holiday :)

Thanks Humanist.
zan
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor

Postby zan » Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:17 am

LENA wrote:We have places owned my TC Zan....mainly is kebab places (as far as I know at least)

Thanks Lena.....I was beginning to think you guys were embarrassed by something :wink: :lol:
zan
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor

Postby zan » Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:25 am

denizaksulu wrote:As mentioned on earlier posts I visited my village. After visiting Connor of Varosha, I took a stroll down the road to visit the Mosque.

Lo and behold, it had vanished.

The rumours I had heard were in fact sadly true.
After 1963, we heard that it was pulled down and its stones were used in construction elsewhere. It could not have fallen down by itself as it was constructed of large blocks of stone and not mud bricks. There also was a half built minaret, built from the donations of TCs working abroad.

There goes the fallacy of Turkish religious places being untouched.

As I have often mentioned I condemn all destruction of properties whether TC or GC.

Now in its place is a little orchard. How quaint!

The hillock behind is the Strahala, behind which are our vineyards. They have since died and used as corn fields.

The rumour is it was slowly, stone by stone, stolen by migrant Turkish workers and smuggled over the border to make a Stone age like structure so they can sacrifice their first born children , along with cat, and make offerings to the Great Goat of Adana. Bastards!!!!! :lol:
zan
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat