The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content

Barack Obama is a War Criminal...

Everything related to politics in Cyprus and the rest of the world.

Postby Get Real! » Sat May 16, 2009 4:19 am

Obama's latest effort to conceal evidence of Bush era crimes
http://www.salon.com/opinion/greenwald/ ... index.html

Democrats Grow Uneasy Over Obama’s Hawkish Policies
http://news.antiwar.com/2009/05/14/unea ... -policies/

Obama to Revive Terror Tribunals
http://news.antiwar.com/2009/05/14/obam ... tribunals/

Obama Mulls ‘Indefinite Detention’ Without Trial for Detainees
http://news.antiwar.com/2009/05/14/obam ... detainees/

Rights Groups Slam Bid to Suppress Abuse Pics
http://original.antiwar.com/fisher/2009 ... buse-pics/

Afghan Villagers Describe Chaos of U.S. Strikes
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/05/15/world ... wanted=all
Get Real!
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby insan » Sat May 16, 2009 4:30 am

U just realized that he is not a defender of human rights and democracy? :lol: Who r partners in crime btw? Have ever racked ur brain why all of the US presidents r "war criminals"? If so, plz enlighten us. :)
insan
Main Contributor
Main Contributor

Postby Get Real! » Sat May 16, 2009 4:36 am

Insan, due to the fact that you’ve got the IQ of a three toed tree Sloth, you’re the last person on the planet I want to discuss anything with…
Get Real!
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby insan » Sat May 16, 2009 4:54 am

Get Real! wrote:Insan, due to the fact that you’ve got the IQ of a three toed tree Sloth, you’re the last person on the planet I want to discuss anything with…

I haven't asked a discussion with u... I've just clearly asked u to enlighten us abt what I've requested above. Thx for the compliments regarding my IQ. :lol:

Have a good day embryonic ape. :lol:
insan
Main Contributor
Main Contributor

Postby miltiades » Sat May 16, 2009 9:33 am

Its about time the allies take a tough action against these prehistoric Afghans , time is running out , Go Obama Go !!
miltiades
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor

Postby Talisker » Sat May 16, 2009 10:20 am

This war in Afghanistan is ridiculous, and even more so because recent history should have taught us that military might, such as the USSR had for their invasion back in 1979, does not guarantee victory in such an environment and dealing with the tribal system there. The Soviets lost more than 14,000 soldiers in their nine year war in Afghanistan, endured an undignified retreat, and, as far as I can surmise, achieved none of their long term objectives. The objectives of this current war are not clear to me (nor, I believe, to our soldiers, or possibly even our politicians).
Talisker
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Postby miltiades » Sat May 16, 2009 10:34 am

I think the objective is to establish an Afghan government with a well trained Afghan army that's able to maintain law and order in this lawless country .
Afghanistan presents a real threat to world peace by the fact that Al Qaeda along with other terrorists use it as a base for training and planning attacks against Western targets . Pakistan is also at risk and being a nuclear power presents a much more lethal risk to world peace. The Taliban must be defeated , the West can not possibly afford the consequences of a withdrawal without it's objectives achieved. The Russians failed , their objectives were somewhat different from those of the West presently.
I have many Afghans as customers , all are very decent and hardworking people , none wish to see their country in the hands of the Taliban monsters.
miltiades
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor

Postby Paphitis » Sat May 16, 2009 10:37 am

Talisker wrote:This war in Afghanistan is ridiculous, and even more so because recent history should have taught us that military might, such as the USSR had for their invasion back in 1979, does not guarantee victory in such an environment and dealing with the tribal system there. The Soviets lost more than 14,000 soldiers in their nine year war in Afghanistan, endured an undignified retreat, and, as far as I can surmise, achieved none of their long term objectives. The objectives of this current war are not clear to me (nor, I believe, to our soldiers, or possibly even our politicians).

The objective is to neutralise the Taliban and Al Qaeda from Afghanistan and Pakistan and to also build the Afghan Security Forces to such a point where they will be able to control and defend all of Afghanistan from Taliban and Al Qaeda threats.

I dare say that the Obama Administration might achieve a miraculous victory by capturing the Al Qaeda and Taliban leadership very soon. I am suspicious that the previous administration did not try hard enough in order to achieve other more sinister objections.
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor

Postby Talisker » Sat May 16, 2009 10:50 am

miltiades wrote:I think the objective is to establish an Afghan government with a well trained Afghan army that's able to maintain law and order in this lawless country .
Afghanistan presents a real threat to world peace by the fact that Al Qaeda along with other terrorists use it as a base for training and planning attacks against Western targets . Pakistan is also at risk and being a nuclear power presents a much more lethal risk to world peace. The Taliban must be defeated , the West can not possibly afford the consequences of a withdrawal without it's objectives achieved. The Russians failed , their objectives were somewhat different from those of the West presently.
I have many Afghans as customers , all are very decent and hardworking people , none wish to see their country in the hands of the Taliban monsters.

Actually I believe Pakistan is considered to be the base for Al Qaeda (if they have a base), and definitely the training ground. Western military intervention in Pakistan is surely unthinkable. The Taliban have, in my view, distinctly unsavoury ideals, but it is a completely different matter to be waging a war within a distant, albeit highly strategic, country to address their internal issues. Has it really been proven that the Taliban (Afghanistan-based) and Al Qaeda (a loose-knit international group of terrorists, without any great ideology other than to terrorise in the name of Islam) are inextricably linked?
Talisker
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Postby Talisker » Sat May 16, 2009 11:04 am

Paphitis wrote:
Talisker wrote:This war in Afghanistan is ridiculous, and even more so because recent history should have taught us that military might, such as the USSR had for their invasion back in 1979, does not guarantee victory in such an environment and dealing with the tribal system there. The Soviets lost more than 14,000 soldiers in their nine year war in Afghanistan, endured an undignified retreat, and, as far as I can surmise, achieved none of their long term objectives. The objectives of this current war are not clear to me (nor, I believe, to our soldiers, or possibly even our politicians).

The objective is to neutralise the Taliban and Al Qaeda from Afghanistan and Pakistan and to also build the Afghan Security Forces to such a point where they will be able to control and defend all of Afghanistan from Taliban and Al Qaeda threats.

I dare say that the Obama Administration might achieve a miraculous victory by capturing the Al Qaeda and Taliban leadership very soon. I am suspicious that the previous administration did not try hard enough in order to achieve other more sinister objections.

I've read some interesting books about wars in Afghanistan and one of the features of the warlord-led tribal system is the regular and strategic switching of allegiances. So what can appear to be government-loyal tribes and regions can become Taliban sympathisers depending on a variety of factors. The Taliban can in fact melt away and reconvene as it suits them. In my opinion military forces from the West only serve as a focus for Taliban sympathisers to repel the 'invaders'. There may be an idealistic objective to purge Al Qaeda and the Taliban, and to make Afghanistan a more stable country, but the very presence of our soldiers is in itself counterproductive if this only serves to make the various tribes combine (under our designation of 'The Taliban') to remove us from their land (as they did to the Soviets back in the 1980's).
Talisker
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Next

Return to Politics and Elections