The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content

YOUR ''ANNAN PLAN''

How can we solve it? (keep it civilized)

Postby cannedmoose » Fri Jun 24, 2005 2:31 pm

Agios Amvrosios wrote: Don't stir the shit couse they'll come and get you from your bed late at night when your fucking your girlfriend/boyfriend or wife and take you with a pillow case over your head while your still in your undies and electroshock your testicles.

Sounds like an average night at Main_Source's house...
cannedmoose
Main Contributor
Main Contributor

Postby magikthrill » Sat Jun 25, 2005 9:52 pm

this thread as well as being a less frequent poster makes me realize that the problem can only be solved with a fair and permanent partition.

everyone talks about international donors like they everyone is willing to poor money into Cyprus. We are not talking aobut a few million Euro here.

So my house is taken, then I have to negotiate about taking it back and then I have to negotiate as to how much I will pay for you to keep it. double you tee ef mate?

bizonality that limits the right of return for all refugees (TCs given first priotiy then GCs since they were removed first) is not only unnecessary but also a form of apartheid.

i go back to 20%-80% partition. And if TCs owned only 17% of the land pre 74 well, hey, the 3% will be a gift from the GCs. It's time to spread this information to the masses instead of misinformed bull crap.
magikthrill
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Postby metecyp » Sun Jun 26, 2005 6:02 pm

bizonality that limits the right of return for all refugees (TCs given first priotiy then GCs since they were removed first) is not only unnecessary but also a form of apartheid.

1- Bizonality doesn't not only affect GCs. There will be TCs who won't return to the south due to bizonality.
2- It's not that easy to conclude that bizonality is not necessary.
3- In my opinion, bizonality is necessary because it provides the safety that TCs desire and it's the most realistic setting for a solution after 31 years of seperation.
4- The aim of bizonality is to create an environment where the majority of Cypriots feels safe and secure. The aim is not to deprive anyone's human rights. The fact that some of refugees' human rights will be violated for the greater good does not make bizonality a form of apartheid.
5- There's no party, not even GC leadership, that talks about a non-bizonal solution nowadays. Therefore, let's not waste our time by talking about other solution types because they ain't happenning.
metecyp
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Postby Piratis » Sun Jun 26, 2005 6:49 pm

1. what should happen to the homes illegaly occupied?

The legal owner should have the choice of either keeping his property or selling it. In some cases positive motives should be given for selling the property. (e.g. the state to pay an additional amount to the legal owner as a motivation to sell his property)

2. where would the evicted people live?

In their homes. Either the original ones, or the ones they bought by selling their original homes.

3. what language should be taught in schools?

Greek, English and Turkish. Each student will choose a "major" language, and he/she will be taught the other two languages as secondary languages.

4. should schools be 'mixed'?

yes, but is not absolutely necessary.

5. should Cyprus become liKe USA and opperate a State system with a Central Government

Federation with a strong central government was a huge compromise for the GCs. It is time TCs make a similar compromise so they will "meet" GCs in the middle, and they should stop being maximalists by asking for disguised partition (e.g. Annan plan).

6. should EU be involved with running of Cyprus

EU will be involved anyways, like it is the case with all member states. However we can have EU involved a bit more in the initial stages until everything gets stable.

7. What would the flag be?

It should be a flag without blue or red, without crosses and moons etc. It should be a Cyprus flag, like the very good one we have now.

8. how do you stop the past turning into violence?

By making people equal, with no racism and separate nationalisms, and with the full and strict application of human rights and laws.
Piratis

Postby Dhavlos » Mon Jun 27, 2005 10:41 pm

people talk about bizonality....what about a multi-zonal solution?

After all, TC villages are in the south too...it would be unfair for these people to have to live in a GC 'zone' especially if there is a large population in a particular area.

Lets hear peoples thoughts.... would a multizonal solution be better than a bizonal?...it would allow people to go back to their villages more freely than before, for both sides, GC and TC.

I found this map on a cypriot government website...
sorry its really big...but if you were to group villages, and make them zones, that have considerable devolved powers, almost like scotland......could that sort of thing work at all?

Dhavlos

Postby Yiannis » Tue Jun 28, 2005 12:40 am

Nice map.

Is multi-zonal concept tried anywhere else in the world though?
In my opinion we might as well go back to the 1960 constitution rather than having a multi-zonal solution.
Yiannis
Contributor
Contributor

Postby detailer » Tue Jun 28, 2005 12:08 pm

Yiannis wrote:Nice map.

Is multi-zonal concept tried anywhere else in the world though?
In my opinion we might as well go back to the 1960 constitution rather than having a multi-zonal solution.

Yiannis,

Why insisting on something which took US to the disasters?
detailer
Contributor
Contributor

Postby detailer » Tue Jun 28, 2005 12:11 pm

Dhavlos,

Most of TC don't have any intention to return their properties in south.

I am sorry but you should be aware of that.
detailer
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Yiannis » Tue Jun 28, 2005 7:27 pm

I didnt insist on anything re, what i meant is that it is as hard to implement as the 1960 constitution.
Yiannis
Contributor
Contributor

Postby MicAtCyp » Tue Jun 28, 2005 9:13 pm

wrote: Most of TC don't have any intention to return their properties in south

They can do whatever they like as long as they don't live in properties that don't belong to them
MicAtCyp
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

PreviousNext

Return to Cyprus Problem