The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


what a u turn

Everything related to politics in Cyprus and the rest of the world.

Re: what a u turn

Postby GreekIslandGirl » Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:11 pm

supporttheunderdog wrote:
GreekIslandGirl wrote:
supporttheunderdog wrote:
GreekIslandGirl wrote:
DrCyprus wrote:Lordo is just posting this to tell us that not only Turkey is fucked up.

Just like he posts about native Americans to tell us how "it's not only Turks who commit genocides so it's ok".


Oh yes, this is the sort of displacement behaviour STUD exhibits with his incessant fake news on Greece's imminent decline whilst making no comment on what has actually declined - the UK!


So .................... Greek ........................... Greek .................... Grexit ........

......why .................. Greek ..................... Grexit?

What.................... Greece ........................ bailout.?

Oh ................................ Greeks .....

In ........................................ Greece ................................

[Finally, here it is :P ] ............ Brexit.

The ................. Greece ............... greece ..................... Cyprus!


:lol:


Laughing at your own unfunny comments?

You .............. Grexit...

You ................. GREEK ............... GRREK .................. Grexit,.,...............GREECE, .................. Grexit,...................... Golden Shower, Golden Dawn, ........................ Greece ........



What's funny is how you simply stepped into demonstrating your sickness and clear obsession! (Even on a thread that's 100% about the UK's problems.)

See, this is what happens when you forego facts for lies. :wink: Lexical stagnation.
User avatar
GreekIslandGirl
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8906
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:03 am

Re: what a u turn

Postby Tim Drayton » Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:35 am

Quite honestly, since Rupert Murdoch has dictated the result of every poll in the UK since 1979, and, surprise surprise - he's supporting the Tories (the only time he will support Labour is if it is headed by a Tory infiltrator like Blair, as shown in the image below in case you have forgotten) - why not save the money and just let Murdoch call the result. Heaven knows, the UK is going to need every penny it has as it negotiates the road towards Brexit, which will call for a huge army of highly paid consultants many of whom will apparently have to be foreign because there aren't enough people in the UK with the required skills and experience (slightly ironic don't you think given this is the result of a campaign that was based on shameless racism and xenophopia and hollow claims such as 'Jobs for the Brits' - heard about the new 'Barista visa' scheme being mooted so that EU nationals will still be able to come and do the jobs in bars and restaurants that the Brits don't want to do?) as we toe the line dictated by Murdoch and a couple of other press magnates and negotiate our way to oblivion outside the world's largest trade block in a continent that is rapidly integrating and of which, by fact of geography, the UK is a part. Never mind, the British offshore tax havens used by multi-billionare tax cheats like Murdoch will remain beyond the touch of the EU so he will be all right, and since he is not a British citizen and does not even live in the country, why should he care if the UK is turned into a basket case?

Image
User avatar
Tim Drayton
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8226
Joined: Sat Jul 21, 2007 1:32 am
Location: Limassol/Lemesos

Re: what a u turn

Postby supporttheunderdog » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:55 am

GreekIslandGirl wrote:
supporttheunderdog wrote:
Laughing at your own unfunny comments?

You .............. Grexit...

You ................. GREEK ............... GRREK .................. Grexit,.,...............GREECE, .................. Grexit,...................... Golden Shower, Golden Dawn, ........................ Greece ........



What's funny is how you simply stepped into demonstrating your sickness and clear obsession! (Even on a thread that's 100% about the UK's problems.)

See, this is what happens when you forego facts for lies. :wink: Lexical stagnation.


Wrong: It ceased to be thread
GreekIslandGirl wrote:that's 100% about the UK's problems
when you effectively trolled the thread and tried to troll me when YOU said
GreekIslandGirl wrote:Oh yes, this is the sort of displacement behaviour STUD exhibits with his incessant fake news on Greece's imminent decline whilst making no comment on what has actually declined - the UK!
when YOU gratuitously both Named me and sought to run straw man argument based upon your delusions of my position on Grexit.

If you had not opened that door I would not have commented.

As to the Phrase "imminent decline"? Fact: Greece has declined already - unemployment up from from 7% in 2008 to 24% or so in 2017 - ( a factor of about 300%) GDP Down in the same period from 29876.52 to 22573.42 ( fall of about 24%) : Yes Britain will likely suffer from Brexit but has one hell of way to go to match that. You however are in denial about the fact that related to this decline there is a bail out program in Greece and discussion in GREECE by GREEKS about Grexit AND THAT MIGHT CONTINUE WHETHER I DISCUSS IT OR NOT. , and where if there is Grexit, it may well get even worse.

See, this is what happens when YOU forego facts for lies.You have sewed, I will reap!
User avatar
supporttheunderdog
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8085
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:03 pm
Location: limassol

Re: what a u turn

Postby DT. » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:11 am

supporttheunderdog wrote:
GreekIslandGirl wrote:
supporttheunderdog wrote:
Laughing at your own unfunny comments?

You .............. Grexit...

You ................. GREEK ............... GRREK .................. Grexit,.,...............GREECE, .................. Grexit,...................... Golden Shower, Golden Dawn, ........................ Greece ........



What's funny is how you simply stepped into demonstrating your sickness and clear obsession! (Even on a thread that's 100% about the UK's problems.)

See, this is what happens when you forego facts for lies. :wink: Lexical stagnation.


Wrong: It ceased to be thread
GreekIslandGirl wrote:that's 100% about the UK's problems
when you effectively trolled the thread and tried to troll me when YOU said
GreekIslandGirl wrote:Oh yes, this is the sort of displacement behaviour STUD exhibits with his incessant fake news on Greece's imminent decline whilst making no comment on what has actually declined - the UK!
when YOU gratuitously both Named me and sought to run straw man argument based upon your delusions of my position on Grexit.

If you had not opened that door I would not have commented.

As to the Phrase "imminent decline"? Fact: Greece has declined already - unemployment up from from 7% in 2008 to 24% or so in 2017 - ( a factor of about 300%) GDP Down in the same period from 29876.52 to 22573.42 ( fall of about 24%) : Yes Britain will likely suffer from Brexit but has one hell of way to go to match that. You however are in denial about the fact that related to this decline there is a bail out program in Greece and discussion in GREECE by GREEKS about Grexit AND THAT MIGHT CONTINUE WHETHER I DISCUSS IT OR NOT. , and where if there is Grexit, it may well get even worse.

See, this is what happens when YOU forego facts for lies.You have sewed, I will reap!


Getting a lot of sexual tension from you two.. :?
User avatar
DT.
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 12171
Joined: Sun Nov 12, 2006 8:34 pm
Location: Lefkosia

Re: what a u turn

Postby supporttheunderdog » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:35 am

DT. wrote:
supporttheunderdog wrote:
GreekIslandGirl wrote:
supporttheunderdog wrote:
Laughing at your own unfunny comments?

You .............. Grexit...

You ................. GREEK ............... GRREK .................. Grexit,.,...............GREECE, .................. Grexit,...................... Golden Shower, Golden Dawn, ........................ Greece ........



What's funny is how you simply stepped into demonstrating your sickness and clear obsession! (Even on a thread that's 100% about the UK's problems.)

See, this is what happens when you forego facts for lies. :wink: Lexical stagnation.


Wrong: It ceased to be thread
GreekIslandGirl wrote:that's 100% about the UK's problems
when you effectively trolled the thread and tried to troll me when YOU said
GreekIslandGirl wrote:Oh yes, this is the sort of displacement behaviour STUD exhibits with his incessant fake news on Greece's imminent decline whilst making no comment on what has actually declined - the UK!
when YOU gratuitously both Named me and sought to run straw man argument based upon your delusions of my position on Grexit.

If you had not opened that door I would not have commented.

As to the Phrase "imminent decline"? Fact: Greece has declined already - unemployment up from from 7% in 2008 to 24% or so in 2017 - ( a factor of about 300%) GDP Down in the same period from 29876.52 to 22573.42 ( fall of about 24%) : Yes Britain will likely suffer from Brexit but has one hell of way to go to match that. You however are in denial about the fact that related to this decline there is a bail out program in Greece and discussion in GREECE by GREEKS about Grexit AND THAT MIGHT CONTINUE WHETHER I DISCUSS IT OR NOT. , and where if there is Grexit, it may well get even worse.

See, this is what happens when YOU forego facts for lies.You have sewed, I will reap!


Getting a lot of sexual tension from you two.. :?


:lol: :lol: :lol:
User avatar
supporttheunderdog
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8085
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:03 pm
Location: limassol

Re: what a u turn

Postby kurupetos » Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:30 pm

Lordo wrote:
DrCyprus wrote:Lordo is just posting this to tell us that not only Turkey is fucked up.

Just like he posts about native Americans to tell us how "it's not only Turks who commit genocides so it's ok".

i would keep my day job if i was you bubble, mind reader you are not.

You only have a night job, kuz... :lol:
User avatar
kurupetos
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 17723
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:46 pm
Location: Cyprus

Re: what a u turn

Postby Londonrake » Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:37 pm

GreekIslandGirl wrote:Oh yes, this is the sort of displacement behaviour STUD exhibits with his incessant fake news on Greece's imminent decline whilst making no comment on what has actually declined - the UK!


If you could take a short break from throwing self-perceived, smart assed insults at people. Would you be kind enough to define "declined"?

Better than forecast growth (IMF updated projection). Better actually than the USA, Germany, Japan and France.

Employment at a record high.

Interest rates cut to a record low.

House prices soaring.

The FTSE at record highs.

I'm just confused about your concept of the UK "declining".Image

Come on, be honest, you never actually look into any of this stuff, do you? Far too much trouble. It's all just constant one-liner remarks. :wink:
Londonrake
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 601
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:19 pm
Location: ROC

Re: what a u turn

Postby DT. » Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:21 pm

Londonrake wrote:
GreekIslandGirl wrote:Oh yes, this is the sort of displacement behaviour STUD exhibits with his incessant fake news on Greece's imminent decline whilst making no comment on what has actually declined - the UK!


If you could take a short break from throwing self-perceived, smart assed insults at people. Would you be kind enough to define "declined"?

Better than forecast growth (IMF updated projection). Better actually than the USA, Germany, Japan and France.

Employment at a record high.

Interest rates cut to a record low.

House prices soaring.

The FTSE at record highs.

I'm just confused about your concept of the UK "declining".Image

Come on, be honest, you never actually look into any of this stuff, do you? Far too much trouble. It's all just constant one-liner remarks. :wink:


With inflation hitting 1.6% and a GDP growth @ 1.4% I'd be cautious on what I call growth...weaker pound is gonna make things interesting.
User avatar
DT.
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 12171
Joined: Sun Nov 12, 2006 8:34 pm
Location: Lefkosia

Re: what a u turn

Postby Londonrake » Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:54 pm

DT. wrote:
Londonrake wrote:
GreekIslandGirl wrote:Oh yes, this is the sort of displacement behaviour STUD exhibits with his incessant fake news on Greece's imminent decline whilst making no comment on what has actually declined - the UK!


If you could take a short break from throwing self-perceived, smart assed insults at people. Would you be kind enough to define "declined"?

Better than forecast growth (IMF updated projection). Better actually than the USA, Germany, Japan and France.

Employment at a record high.

Interest rates cut to a record low.

House prices soaring.

The FTSE at record highs.

I'm just confused about your concept of the UK "declining".Image

Come on, be honest, you never actually look into any of this stuff, do you? Far too much trouble. It's all just constant one-liner remarks. :wink:


With inflation hitting 1.6% and a GDP growth @ 1.4% I'd be cautious on what I call growth...weaker pound is gonna make things interesting.


You at least have an informed position. She just pontificates on subjects without - as far as I can ascertain from looking at back posts - ever offering anything factual to counter a POV. First blood. :wink:
Londonrake
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 601
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:19 pm
Location: ROC

Re: what a u turn

Postby supporttheunderdog » Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:09 am

There is a thread elswhere about the value of the pound, which has lost about 5% of its value since June 2016. The Daily Express trumpets every small rise as the pound "soaring", in particular sgainst the Euro, bur ignores the fact that it is all relative and often represent a relative weakness and temporary fall in the value of the other currency rather than a real increase in the strength in the pound.

I sm trying to work out if plotiing against the IMF SDR, (XDR) which a basket of sorts, may give a better indication.

I can btw recall the pound at about the usd 2.4 figure, then dropping to about usd 2 and then the 1.60 mark, then say 1.30, and so on,.

As for tge general election and the UTurn....Theresa May is no Maggie, aka "TINA" , the lady who was not for turning, and a week is a long time in politics.

Her weak point is in fact morelikely the NHS....where the Brexiters loudly trumped the cash that was available if Britain left... But as we know has not msterialised.,
User avatar
supporttheunderdog
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8085
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:03 pm
Location: limassol

PreviousNext

Return to Politics and Elections

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest