The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content

Ferry bad news for "TRNC"

How can we solve it? (keep it civilized)

Postby Kikapu » Fri Nov 23, 2007 9:18 pm

Get Real! wrote:
Kikapu wrote: The service is only running once a week with ONLY 20 people aboard and the 40,000 Turkish troops cant handle these 20 persons at the arriving port. Talk about a complete incompetence by the "TRNC's" authority. Well, with this kind of track record not being able to handle 20 persons arriving once a week, then it's about time to put a stop to wanting to having Direct Flights.

You mean its about time to put a stop to wanting to run a "state" altogether!

That was already the case 24 years ago GR.!!!
Kikapu
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor

Postby Get Real! » Fri Nov 23, 2007 9:30 pm

Kikapu wrote:
Get Real! wrote:
Kikapu wrote: The service is only running once a week with ONLY 20 people aboard and the 40,000 Turkish troops cant handle these 20 persons at the arriving port. Talk about a complete incompetence by the "TRNC's" authority. Well, with this kind of track record not being able to handle 20 persons arriving once a week, then it's about time to put a stop to wanting to having Direct Flights.

You think not being able to manage 20 passengers in a little boat is bad?

Consider this...

The last time they had a total blackout they ordered a new generator (I think from Germany) and when it arrived at the dock they realized they didn’t have a crane powerful enough to hoist it out of the cargo ship! :roll:

So how did they solve the problem? Well, you’d think they’d try to arrange the ship to drop it off at Larnaca or something so that the RoC could hoist it out and transport it for them but no… they sent it right back and ordered a smaller one! :lol:
Get Real!
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Kikapu » Fri Nov 23, 2007 9:36 pm

Get Real! wrote:
Kikapu wrote:
Get Real! wrote:

You think not being able to manage 20 passengers in a little boat is bad?

Consider this...

The last time they had a total blackout they ordered a new generator (I think from Germany) and when it arrived at the dock they realized they didn’t have a crane powerful enough to hoist it out of the cargo ship! :roll:

So how did they solve the problem? Well, you’d think they’d try to arrange the ship to drop it off at Larnaca or something so that the RoC could hoist it out and transport it for them but no… they sent it right back and ordered a smaller one! :lol:

That's funny.....sad, but funny.!!

Don't tell me.........the blackout lasted for another 2 months, right.!!
Kikapu
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor

Postby humanist » Fri Nov 23, 2007 9:57 pm

GR how do you know all this stuff? ;) :)
humanist
Main Contributor
Main Contributor

Postby Get Real! » Fri Nov 23, 2007 10:13 pm

humanist wrote:GR how do you know all this stuff? ;) :)

Living here and seeking out local news helps... :) You could fill up a book with such "TRNC" comedy acts!

Do you know how many Turkish Cypriots they find hanging off power poles/lines charcoaled who tried to tap into "free" power? :roll:
Get Real!
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby humanist » Fri Nov 23, 2007 10:19 pm

Why don't they want to pay for their electricity? they all appear to have lots of money and huge homes.
humanist
Main Contributor
Main Contributor

Postby Kikapu » Fri Nov 23, 2007 10:28 pm

Get Real! wrote:

Living here and seeking out local news helps... :) You could fill up a book with such "TRNC" comedy acts!

Do you know how many Turkish Cypriots they find hanging off power poles/lines charcoaled who tried to tap into "free" power? :roll:

That just reminded of my childhood GR.

Living in Kucuk Kaymakli, around 7 years old, I stood on the window sill to try and push a wire over the window shutters. How the hell did I know, it was electricity wire. Let me tell you, the electricity would not let me go. I just could not release my hands from the power line, and the only way I was able to because I just slipped off the window sill and landed on my butt. It was on the ground floor. I never till today ever told my mother, as to what happened that day.

Honest GR, I was not trying to steal anyones electricity. :lol:
Kikapu
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor

Postby Get Real! » Sat Nov 24, 2007 1:42 am

Kikapu wrote:
Get Real! wrote:

That just reminded of my childhood GR.

Living in Kucuk Kaymakli, around 7 years old, I stood on the window sill to try and push a wire over the window shutters. How the hell did I know, it was electricity wire. Let me tell you, the electricity would not let me go. I just could not release my hands from the power line, and the only way I was able to because I just slipped off the window sill and landed on my butt. It was on the ground floor. I never till today ever told my mother, as to what happened that day.

Honest GR, I was not trying to steal anyones electricity. :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
What a sad, touching, and amazing story!

I am very honored that you shared with us something your mother doesn't know but should! :lol:

I'm sure glad you survived it... :)
Get Real!
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Viewpoint » Sat Nov 24, 2007 2:15 am

Kikapu wrote:
Viewpoint wrote:
I agreed with Kifeas has he cleverly incorporated a veto right for TCs when matters were sensative and could result in the TCs being effected negatively.

VP, what the hell are you talking about. You wanted safeguards in voting and Kifeas gave you one, so that you have a say so in your communities future and decision making. Where exactly does Kifeas's Plan effect the TC's in a negative way.

This is the formula crated by Kifeas, also known as "Kifeas's Plan" for POWER sharing in a Parliamentary system.

Quote:
If we have a house of 100 members (80 GCs plus 20 TCs) and decisions are taken on simple majority, it means that at least any 51 members out of the above 100 members will have to approve it. However, in order to qualify as simple majority, at least 4 (or 6) of the votes must come (included in the 51 votes needed) from the 20 TCs (20% or 30% of the TC members,) and at least 16 (or 24) of the votes must come from (included in the 51votes needed) from the 80 GCs.

For example we can have the following combination for simple majority to qualify.
I take a special case example that needs 30% minimum from each side.

Case 1:
6 TCs plus 45 GCs equals 51 /100. (Qualifies)

Case 2:
20 TCs plus 31 GCs equals 51 /100. (Qualifies)

Case 3:
5 TCs plus 46 GCs equals 51 /100 (it doesn’t qualify)

Case 4:
1 TC plus 80 GCs equals 81 /100 (it doesn’t qualify)

Read my quote again I agree with Kifeas on his proposals, what are you going on about?
Viewpoint
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor

Postby boomerang » Sat Nov 24, 2007 2:25 am

Viewpoint wrote:
Kikapu wrote:
Viewpoint wrote:
I agreed with Kifeas has he cleverly incorporated a veto right for TCs when matters were sensative and could result in the TCs being effected negatively.

VP, what the hell are you talking about. You wanted safeguards in voting and Kifeas gave you one, so that you have a say so in your communities future and decision making. Where exactly does Kifeas's Plan effect the TC's in a negative way.

This is the formula crated by Kifeas, also known as "Kifeas's Plan" for POWER sharing in a Parliamentary system.

Quote:
If we have a house of 100 members (80 GCs plus 20 TCs) and decisions are taken on simple majority, it means that at least any 51 members out of the above 100 members will have to approve it. However, in order to qualify as simple majority, at least 4 (or 6) of the votes must come (included in the 51 votes needed) from the 20 TCs (20% or 30% of the TC members,) and at least 16 (or 24) of the votes must come from (included in the 51votes needed) from the 80 GCs.

For example we can have the following combination for simple majority to qualify.
I take a special case example that needs 30% minimum from each side.

Case 1:
6 TCs plus 45 GCs equals 51 /100. (Qualifies)

Case 2:
20 TCs plus 31 GCs equals 51 /100. (Qualifies)

Case 3:
5 TCs plus 46 GCs equals 51 /100 (it doesn’t qualify)

Case 4:
1 TC plus 80 GCs equals 81 /100 (it doesn’t qualify)

Read my quote again I agree with Kifeas on his proposals, what are you going on about?

why then you continue to post crap?
boomerang
Main Contributor
Main Contributor

PreviousNext

Return to Cyprus Problem