The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content

ONLY GREEK CYPRIOTS VOTE

How can we solve it? (keep it civilized)

WHOSE VIEWS DO YOU SUPPORT FOR A SOLUTION TO THE CYPRUS PROBLEM: MILTIADES' OR GET REAL'S ?

Poll ended at Sun May 18, 2008 8:19 pm

Miltiades
50%
Get Real
50%

Total votes : 36

Postby miltiades » Thu May 22, 2008 5:01 pm

Paphitis wrote:
miltiades wrote:
Paphitis wrote:
miltiades wrote:
Nikitas wrote:Being peaceful means not taking the fight to others. Being wise means being ready in case others bring the fight to you.

Spot on Nikitas !

I would of thought Turkey DID bring the fight to us in 74. :? :? :?

So if we wake up and decide to defend ourselves we are within our rights.

Does it then mean that we attack Turkey right now and at the same time deal with the 40 thousand Turkish troops as well as re enforcements and of course dealing with the settlers , around 140 thousand or perhaps more . Let us presume that we do so and that we defeat the Turkish army in Cyprus while at the same time penetrating deep into Southern Turkey . We win the war , Turkey is then forced to surrender , and we then still have to deal with not only some of the forty thousand Turkish troops that supposedly have surrender to our superior military power but also the settlers and of course the Turkish Cypriots , while at the same time we ground all of our flying Pigs !

:lol: :lol:

I do not feel the need to answer your stupid questions.

Come again with something intelligent and I will give you an intelligent answer.

You have now descended to lunacy!

Have now descended to lunacy , precisely what I think of the prospect of war against Turkey , but then I'm not as intelligent as you who thinks that war might be , or rather it is the only option to sort the Cyprob out !!
Paphitis , let me once again state my position. War is out of the question as the means for liberating the occupied parts , why ? because war will not
only fail to liberate an inch of the occupied land it will also create the biggest dystrophy after the 1974 invasion. We can defend the RoC but not against a full scale war against Turkey . Our viable and wise options are the political means at our disposal and not least our EU credentials. So pack this nonsense up and fight as I do the political front.
miltiades
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor

Postby Paphitis » Thu May 22, 2008 5:08 pm

miltiades wrote:
Paphitis wrote:
miltiades wrote:
Paphitis wrote:
miltiades wrote:
Nikitas wrote:Being peaceful means not taking the fight to others. Being wise means being ready in case others bring the fight to you.

Spot on Nikitas !

I would of thought Turkey DID bring the fight to us in 74. :? :? :?

So if we wake up and decide to defend ourselves we are within our rights.

Does it then mean that we attack Turkey right now and at the same time deal with the 40 thousand Turkish troops as well as re enforcements and of course dealing with the settlers , around 140 thousand or perhaps more . Let us presume that we do so and that we defeat the Turkish army in Cyprus while at the same time penetrating deep into Southern Turkey . We win the war , Turkey is then forced to surrender , and we then still have to deal with not only some of the forty thousand Turkish troops that supposedly have surrender to our superior military power but also the settlers and of course the Turkish Cypriots , while at the same time we ground all of our flying Pigs !

:lol: :lol:

I do not feel the need to answer your stupid questions.

Come again with something intelligent and I will give you an intelligent answer.

You have now descended to lunacy!

Have now descended to lunacy , precisely what I think of the prospect of war against Turkey , but then I'm not as intelligent as you who thinks that war might be , or rather it is the only option to sort the Cyprob out !!
Paphitis , let me once again state my position. War is out of the question as the means for liberating the occupied parts , why ? because war will not
only fail to liberate an inch of the occupied land it will also create the biggest dystrophy after the 1974 invasion. We can defend the RoC but not against a full scale war against Turkey . Our viable and wise options are the political means at our disposal and not least our EU credentials. So pack this nonsense up and fight as I do the political front.

There you go again. Taking things out of context.

And you are a very misguided individual. Good luck with the political war that we have been fighting for 34 years. It has got us nowhere and the current talks are also on the brink.

And if you study the military balance on Cyprus you would realise that the balance favours CNG provided the enemy has no supply line from Turkey.

I have had enough in discussing this with you as we seem to be going around in circles.

Lets just agree to disagree and move on.

Bye
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor

Postby repulsewarrior » Thu May 22, 2008 5:52 pm

...from a position of strength, one defines their demands, in an adversarial politic.

miltiades is suggesting that it is possible to break this viscious cycle, with a debate which seeks in its resolution, our realisation that in Principal we are not enemies, we are this island's dwellers, and in acts, a demonstration of our desire to unite in war against our own Ignorance, to better ourselves, against the enemies, Hunger, Disease, and Disaster.

GR is more brash, and practical, who in this debate represents the status quo.

that said, my comment again would be that there exists an equlibrium, which having a dynamic, moves.

neither can sustain themselves alone, it seems a Law of Nature, (but the politics can change itself), and they find their function within a wider system. yet:

you choose,

by acts alone does this machination work.
repulsewarrior
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor

Previous

Return to Cyprus Problem