The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


MrH, this is what other more educated young TCs think!

How can we solve it? (keep it civilized)

Postby MrH » Thu Nov 27, 2008 5:01 pm

CBBB and GR,

Let's call it a day then.
User avatar
MrH
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 1090
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:18 pm
Location: London

Postby CBBB » Thu Nov 27, 2008 5:12 pm

MrH wrote:CBBB and GR,

Let's call it a day then.


OK, it's Thursday.

I await your refutaion of this, as you obviously don't know what day it is.
User avatar
CBBB
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 11520
Joined: Tue May 20, 2008 1:15 pm
Location: Centre of the Universe

Postby denizaksulu » Thu Nov 27, 2008 5:36 pm

Mr H. Todays Kibris newspaper refers to 'the handing over of' previously Greek Cypriot owned land to a certain category of people. What is your opinion about this? Do you think this is right during the current round of negotiations? I am mindful that some of the recipients have been waiting for their 'Kocan/title deeds' for the last 21 years. Is this delay in any way in the expectation of a decent settlement between the two sides? or is it pure inefficiency of the northern administration.

Your views would be appreciated.

Regards

DenizAksulu
User avatar
denizaksulu
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 36077
Joined: Thu May 10, 2007 11:04 am

Postby zan » Thu Nov 27, 2008 7:53 pm

denizaksulu wrote:Mr H. Todays Kibris newspaper refers to 'the handing over of' previously Greek Cypriot owned land to a certain category of people. What is your opinion about this? Do you think this is right during the current round of negotiations? I am mindful that some of the recipients have been waiting for their 'Kocan/title deeds' for the last 21 years. Is this delay in any way in the expectation of a decent settlement between the two sides? or is it pure inefficiency of the northern administration.

Your views would be appreciated.

Regards

DenizAksulu


I can't remember the exact details but a little while ago some GCs were complaining about not getting title deeds for over 12 years....From the "RoC".........That is supposedly without the border problems...... :lol:
User avatar
zan
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 16213
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2005 8:55 pm

Postby zan » Thu Nov 27, 2008 7:54 pm

Get Real! wrote:Ayse, I honestly can’t think of a better description of the status of our friendship other than inform that you’re as interesting to GR as the rear end of a constipated Baboon.


No Shit!!!!

(Sorry! I couldn't resist)
User avatar
zan
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 16213
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2005 8:55 pm

Postby MrH » Thu Nov 27, 2008 8:57 pm

Denizaksulu Wrote:
Mr H. Todays Kibris newspaper refers to 'the handing over of' previously Greek Cypriot owned land to a certain category of people. What is your opinion about this? Do you think this is right during the current round of negotiations? I am mindful that some of the recipients have been waiting for their 'Kocan/title deeds' for the last 21 years. Is this delay in any way in the expectation of a decent settlement between the two sides? or is it pure inefficiency of the northern administration.

Your views would be appreciated.

Regards

DenizAksulu



Well, to be honest, I strongly believe that the entire issue of Kocan/Title Deeds of pre-owned Greek/ or Turkish Cypriot properties should be dealt with under a "Balance Sheet" proposal only as part of an overall United Nations Agreement to the Cyprus issue. Individual cases that are settled outside UN parameters should not be advocated in any way. For instance, I vote entirely for "Compensation and Exchange" of property as part of a Two State formula, where the handing over of title deeds based on individual "Pocket" cases will ultimately confuse the entire Cyprus Solution process, thus cause long-term conflicting issues if an overall agreement is reached.

My reasoning is purely based around the idea of seeking a UN Two-State formula, and the obvious illusion that the Greek Cypriots somehow strongly believe that they are entitled to more property and land rights than the Turkish Cypriots. Again, it all depends how far in history you look, whether it is 1983, 1974, 1963, 1960 or 1878! The Question of property and who really had original rights to ownership of land, such as the MARAS belonging to the VAKIFLAR and not the assumed GCs, can be argued forever!

The property issue is a very messy kettle of fish Denizaksulu, which is why I prefer a CLEAN-BREAK! TWO Republic State Solution, like Yugoslavia or even Czech/Slovak Model of seeking a solution.
User avatar
MrH
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 1090
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:18 pm
Location: London

Postby denizaksulu » Thu Nov 27, 2008 10:11 pm

zan wrote:
denizaksulu wrote:Mr H. Todays Kibris newspaper refers to 'the handing over of' previously Greek Cypriot owned land to a certain category of people. What is your opinion about this? Do you think this is right during the current round of negotiations? I am mindful that some of the recipients have been waiting for their 'Kocan/title deeds' for the last 21 years. Is this delay in any way in the expectation of a decent settlement between the two sides? or is it pure inefficiency of the northern administration.

Your views would be appreciated.

Regards

DenizAksulu


I can't remember the exact details but a little while ago some GCs were complaining about not getting title deeds for over 12 years....From the "RoC".........That is supposedly without the border problems...... :lol:


I know about the south. I have been trying for nearly three years and no joy. I even had to pay taxes from 1963.
User avatar
denizaksulu
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 36077
Joined: Thu May 10, 2007 11:04 am

Postby halil » Thu Nov 27, 2008 10:52 pm

denizaksulu wrote:
zan wrote:
denizaksulu wrote:Mr H. Todays Kibris newspaper refers to 'the handing over of' previously Greek Cypriot owned land to a certain category of people. What is your opinion about this? Do you think this is right during the current round of negotiations? I am mindful that some of the recipients have been waiting for their 'Kocan/title deeds' for the last 21 years. Is this delay in any way in the expectation of a decent settlement between the two sides? or is it pure inefficiency of the northern administration.

Your views would be appreciated.

Regards

DenizAksulu


I can't remember the exact details but a little while ago some GCs were complaining about not getting title deeds for over 12 years....From the "RoC".........That is supposedly without the border problems...... :lol:


I know about the south. I have been trying for nearly three years and no joy. I even had to pay taxes from 1963.


Deniz ,
u can apply to ECHR ...... like people of the Yagmuralan village .....

Kutlay Erk also opened the case against ROC for his father lost in 1964 .

More people are applying now . Also friends from Denia (denya) village are applied to ECHR about their houses which they left in 1964 like u .
halil
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8804
Joined: Fri Mar 09, 2007 2:21 pm
Location: nicosia

Postby Nikitas » Thu Nov 27, 2008 10:54 pm

"such as the MARAS belonging to the VAKIFLAR and not the assumed GCs, can be argued forever!"

You are a clot! The title deeds issued by the British were based on the land registry and cadastres left by the Ottomans. Are you suggesting that the British too were in cahoots with GCs to give land to GCs in Famagusta?

Why did you not raise this issue at any time from 1878 till 1974?

You piece of garbage!
Nikitas
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 7419
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 2:49 pm

Postby denizaksulu » Thu Nov 27, 2008 10:55 pm

halil wrote:
denizaksulu wrote:
zan wrote:
denizaksulu wrote:Mr H. Todays Kibris newspaper refers to 'the handing over of' previously Greek Cypriot owned land to a certain category of people. What is your opinion about this? Do you think this is right during the current round of negotiations? I am mindful that some of the recipients have been waiting for their 'Kocan/title deeds' for the last 21 years. Is this delay in any way in the expectation of a decent settlement between the two sides? or is it pure inefficiency of the northern administration.

Your views would be appreciated.

Regards

DenizAksulu


I can't remember the exact details but a little while ago some GCs were complaining about not getting title deeds for over 12 years....From the "RoC".........That is supposedly without the border problems...... :lol:


I know about the south. I have been trying for nearly three years and no joy. I even had to pay taxes from 1963.


Deniz ,
u can apply to ECHR ...... like people of the Yagmuralan village .....

Kutlay Erk also opened the case against ROC for his father lost in 1964 .

More people are applying now . Also friends from Denia (denya) village are applied to ECHR about their houses which they left in 1964 like u .



Thank you Halil. I am a relatively new applicant. I am advised to be patient.
User avatar
denizaksulu
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 36077
Joined: Thu May 10, 2007 11:04 am

PreviousNext

Return to Cyprus Problem

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest