The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


new peace plan being reported on simerini

How can we solve it? (keep it civilized)

Re: new peace plan being reported on simerini

Postby Jerry » Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:14 pm

Lordo wrote:
SKI-preo wrote:If a plan does not allow me to return to my village and I am given compensation I will buy "the Jericho" . See pentadaktylos in the background(Pseudo flag removed by photoshop)?



Thankyou.


anyone who wishes to return to their land would have been able to even under annan. you are stuck in the past. you think that everybody would want to. But people leave their village for education and never return. that is a fact so certainly there is no way 60,000 would want to return.

well in the annan plan 100,000 would return under the gc administration. 40,000 would be able to return under tc administartion and 20,000 would get only compensation and compulsory purchase of their land. I woul leave that bit open and allow all 60,000 who wish to return to be able to subject to a who ever have their land compulorily purchased for government projects.

you had the plan in front of you and you crapped on it. it showd to the world who really is against peace in cyprus. and you let tukey off the hook too. erdogan is very thnakful for your no vote he was banking on it and you alled him to cash it.

well done my friends.



The AP was illegal, it gave the guarantor powers the right to intervene with military force, the body that drew up the plan ignored its own Charter. Where else on this earth has one State been granted the "right" to invade another.

From Article 2:-

3.All Members shall settle their international disputes by peaceful means in such a manner that international peace and security, and justice, are not endangered.
4.All Members shall refrain in their international relations from the threat or use of force against the territorial integrity or political independence of any state, or in any other manner inconsistent with the Purposes of the United Nations
Jerry
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 4715
Joined: Mon May 29, 2006 12:29 pm
Location: UK

Re: new peace plan being reported on simerini

Postby potassium » Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:01 pm

4)property issue will be mostly solved thru payement


With what money? Monopoly money?
potassium
Member
Member
 
Posts: 112
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:54 pm

Re: new peace plan being reported on simerini

Postby Kikapu » Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:03 pm

Lordo wrote:
anyone who wishes to return to their land would have been able to even under annan. you are stuck in the past. you think that everybody would want to. But people leave their village for education and never return. that is a fact so certainly there is no way 60,000 would want to return.

well in the annan plan 100,000 would return under the gc administration. 40,000 would be able to return under tc administartion and 20,000 would get only compensation and compulsory purchase of their land. I woul leave that bit open and allow all 60,000 who wish to return to be able to subject to a who ever have their land compulorily purchased for government projects.

you had the plan in front of you and you crapped on it. it showd to the world who really is against peace in cyprus. and you let tukey off the hook too. erdogan is very thnakful for your no vote he was banking on it and you alled him to cash it.

well done my friends.


:lol: :lol: :lol:

Once again you are cherry picking all the nice soundbites from the AP 2004 out of 9000+ pages full of landmines for Cypriots and Cyprus, not to mention the cherry pickings you have done were not even the reality, but often the myth. :roll:

You are a classic case of someone who is a Penny Wise and a Pound Foolish! :D

On a personal note, Lordo, is there a reason why you are choosing to write your posts in rubbish English. You haven't gone completely senile since last year when you were under your other nick, have you :?:
User avatar
Kikapu
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 17488
Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2006 6:18 pm

Re: new peace plan being reported on simerini

Postby repulsewarrior » Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:22 pm

...there has to be one State. Cyprus, its Heritance is too valuable to be dismissed. Cyprus has never been divided, it is an island after-all.

let us not forget that we will be dead soon enough and that what is natural is change. so let us imagine in two hundred years, or one hundred years or fifty, to be realistic. if you imagine a population of twelve million, i'll agree; do the math. do you imagine a population by demographics quite different, scary huh? embrace the future, you may resist, but you will fail thinking that time stops; and that things are perfect the way they are.

...Cyprus needs a perfect government if you will. it must serve its Citizens, without any discrimination or distinction, all are equals. it must be able to express and demonstrate the will of this People toward Universal Principals having the aim to better them. and yet this expression of an Identity is not enough because we are Individuals, but not only, as Persons we seek Self-Representation as well. Bicommunal is not new, and such a course in Cyprus serves a very complex ethnography, it is up to the Greeks, indeed, they are an overwhelming majority, to decide what course Cyprus shall take, and representing themselves internally through a Constituency, does not prevent them, as Cypriots, their voice within a greater whole.

the debate is flawed, it serves the interests of the Nationalists amongst us who would foresake anything else, other than their own Community interests. this vision is better served within their respective Communities, if in the infrastructure they provide, it accomodates accordingly the minorities living amongst them. The State, on the other hand, should neither be Greek or Turkish, it is Cypriot.

you want peace...

...where is the Greek Constituency?
User avatar
repulsewarrior
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 12448
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:13 am
Location: homeless in Canada

Re: new peace plan being reported on simerini

Postby Lordo » Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:48 am

Jerry wrote:
Lordo wrote:
SKI-preo wrote:If a plan does not allow me to return to my village and I am given compensation I will buy "the Jericho" . See pentadaktylos in the background(Pseudo flag removed by photoshop)?



Thankyou.


anyone who wishes to return to their land would have been able to even under annan. you are stuck in the past. you think that everybody would want to. But people leave their village for education and never return. that is a fact so certainly there is no way 60,000 would want to return.

well in the annan plan 100,000 would return under the gc administration. 40,000 would be able to return under tc administartion and 20,000 would get only compensation and compulsory purchase of their land. I woul leave that bit open and allow all 60,000 who wish to return to be able to subject to a who ever have their land compulorily purchased for government projects.

you had the plan in front of you and you crapped on it. it showd to the world who really is against peace in cyprus. and you let tukey off the hook too. erdogan is very thnakful for your no vote he was banking on it and you alled him to cash it.

well done my friends.



The AP was illegal, it gave the guarantor powers the right to intervene with military force, the body that drew up the plan ignored its own Charter. Where else on this earth has one State been granted the "right" to invade another.

From Article 2:-

3.All Members shall settle their international disputes by peaceful means in such a manner that international peace and security, and justice, are not endangered.
4.All Members shall refrain in their international relations from the threat or use of force against the territorial integrity or political independence of any state, or in any other manner inconsistent with the Purposes of the United Nations

you are now being silly. it was accepted by un and eu. who are you kidding my friend.
User avatar
Lordo
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 18457
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: softalar, banana republic

Re: new peace plan being reported on simerini

Postby repulsewarrior » Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:39 am

..was it Lordo? Annan 5 was unread on the day of the referendum. would (did) you vote for something so unclear?
User avatar
repulsewarrior
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 12448
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:13 am
Location: homeless in Canada

Re: new peace plan being reported on simerini

Postby Jerry » Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:14 am

Lordo wrote:
Jerry wrote:
Lordo wrote:
SKI-preo wrote:If a plan does not allow me to return to my village and I am given compensation I will buy "the Jericho" . See pentadaktylos in the background(Pseudo flag removed by photoshop)?



Thankyou.


anyone who wishes to return to their land would have been able to even under annan. you are stuck in the past. you think that everybody would want to. But people leave their village for education and never return. that is a fact so certainly there is no way 60,000 would want to return.

well in the annan plan 100,000 would return under the gc administration. 40,000 would be able to return under tc administartion and 20,000 would get only compensation and compulsory purchase of their land. I woul leave that bit open and allow all 60,000 who wish to return to be able to subject to a who ever have their land compulorily purchased for government projects.

you had the plan in front of you and you crapped on it. it showd to the world who really is against peace in cyprus. and you let tukey off the hook too. erdogan is very thnakful for your no vote he was banking on it and you alled him to cash it.

well done my friends.



The AP was illegal, it gave the guarantor powers the right to intervene with military force, the body that drew up the plan ignored its own Charter. Where else on this earth has one State been granted the "right" to invade another.

From Article 2:-

3.All Members shall settle their international disputes by peaceful means in such a manner that international peace and security, and justice, are not endangered.
4.All Members shall refrain in their international relations from the threat or use of force against the territorial integrity or political independence of any state, or in any other manner inconsistent with the Purposes of the United Nations

you are now being silly. it was accepted by un and eu. who are you kidding my friend.

:idea:

Hardly a reasoned response Lordo, is that the best you can do. The international community wanted the Cyprus problem settled regardless of universally accepted principles. The UN and others ignored the normal rules in much the same way as they ignore the fact that Turkey illegally occupies and is colonising Cyprus. Its called double standards, if you are important to the West, and in particular the US, you can get away with murder (ask the Israelis) but as Lyndon Johnson said "Cyprus is a flea"- so who cares.
Jerry
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 4715
Joined: Mon May 29, 2006 12:29 pm
Location: UK

Re: new peace plan being reported on simerini

Postby Lordo » Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:09 pm

jerry i think you belong to the we will give him a fair trial and then hang him.

i dont think you have the hang of this international relations, negotiations and agreements lark thingy.

let me explain.

you ellect a leader. the leader represents your interest in the negotiations. you have international constitutional lawyers advising both leaders as to the legality of their position. they creat a 10,000 page document as an agreement which can only be understood by layers. you have the un and the eu representatives as well as greece saying it is a good agreement. it is not perfect by any means but it certainly would have been on the right lines for future peace and prosperity. The above only applies to the tc representative.

now lets look at what happens if you are a gc.
you elect a person who pays lip service to peace but has no intention of negotiating. he deliberate negotiates to make the plan as unacceptable as possible. does not ask for territory he knew he would get back. promises that he would support the agreement and then goes on tv crying and begging people to vote against it, as there will be better agreement round the corner. the eu representative wants to interject during the campaigning because even my chicken in the pot who is about to become magarina bulli can see the cypriot people being taken for a ride is refused air time to express his concern about the the way the campaign is being handled by the media and the government. you then have the foreign minister running around licking the frnch and reussian pimps arses to block the resolution regarding the annan plan at the un. and walla you come out clean as a white sheet.

na so bo gadi isasdin sandon golon bu iyen do shonin do vragin dje shesdigen. mavroyeriom namini bas din kellendus.
User avatar
Lordo
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 18457
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: softalar, banana republic

Re: new peace plan being reported on simerini

Postby Jerry » Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:04 pm

Lordo wrote:jerry i think you belong to the we will give him a fair trial and then hang him.

i dont think you have the hang of this international relations, negotiations and agreements lark thingy.

let me explain.

you ellect a leader. the leader represents your interest in the negotiations. you have international constitutional lawyers advising both leaders as to the legality of their position. they creat a 10,000 page document as an agreement which can only be understood by layers. you have the un and the eu representatives as well as greece saying it is a good agreement. it is not perfect by any means but it certainly would have been on the right lines for future peace and prosperity. The above only applies to the tc representative.

now lets look at what happens if you are a gc.
you elect a person who pays lip service to peace but has no intention of negotiating. he deliberate negotiates to make the plan as unacceptable as possible. does not ask for territory he knew he would get back. promises that he would support the agreement and then goes on tv crying and begging people to vote against it, as there will be better agreement round the corner. the eu representative wants to interject during the campaigning because even my chicken in the pot who is about to become magarina bulli can see the cypriot people being taken for a ride is refused air time to express his concern about the the way the campaign is being handled by the media and the government. you then have the foreign minister running around licking the frnch and reussian pimps arses to block the resolution regarding the annan plan at the un. and walla you come out clean as a white sheet.

na so bo gadi isasdin sandon golon bu iyen do shonin do vragin dje shesdigen. mavroyeriom namini bas din kellendus.



"International constitutional lawyers " who are prepared to ignore their own laws in the interests of expediency, how credible are they? As for the actual plan, there were five versions, modified at Turkey's insistence and each one progressively worse for the GCs.

Nothing to say about "legalising" Turkey's right to interfere in a sovereign country then Lordo?

Thank you for your kind words in your ultimate sentence, you are obviously more fluent in Greek than the lazy English crap you spout.
Jerry
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 4715
Joined: Mon May 29, 2006 12:29 pm
Location: UK

Re: new peace plan being reported on simerini

Postby Lordo » Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:20 pm

repulsewarrior wrote:..was it Lordo? Annan 5 was unread on the day of the referendum. would (did) you vote for something so unclear?


it was negotiated over decades. it was also agreed by both parties that if there was areas of non-agreement the un was going to find the middle ground between them. i am afraid there comes a time when you say enough is enough thats the best we reach now. otherwise you and up like a pup chasing his own tail. gurubedos likes that game.

having voted for the representative one has to accept their decision. and move on. if you aexpected 1 millin people to read a 10,000 page document before you offered it to the vote i suspect you would wait about a million years.

you don't need to read the document. you read the salient points of compromise, gains and losses. it was supported by the un eu greece. you carry on chasing the tail all you like the game is over.
User avatar
Lordo
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 18457
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: softalar, banana republic

PreviousNext

Return to Cyprus Problem

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests