The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


bank deposits

Feel free to talk about anything that you want.

Re: bank deposits

Postby johnny1 » Wed May 01, 2013 5:13 pm

johnny1
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 211
Joined: Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:26 am

Re: bank deposits

Postby cyprusgrump » Thu May 02, 2013 2:13 pm

I understand that the rules changed again yesterday (May 1st).

Now you can only transfer €2,000 per month from a notice account....

It was originally €60,000 per month (for a joint account), then changed to €5,000 per account... and now €2,000.

If your cash is in a notice account look forward to living off €500 per week.
User avatar
cyprusgrump
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8413
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2005 4:35 pm
Location: Pissouri, Cyprus

Re: bank deposits

Postby Smiler Brian » Wed May 08, 2013 10:42 pm

I have a laiki account, now down to a few euro as i have still been able to transfer money to others using the electronic banking. My question is - how do i get an account in another bank without coming to Cyprus? Or can i deposit money in the laiki bank from another bank or would i just lose it?
User avatar
Smiler Brian
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 340
Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2007 7:17 pm

Re: bank deposits

Postby CBBB » Thu May 09, 2013 6:21 am

Smiler Brian wrote:I have a laiki account, now down to a few euro as i have still been able to transfer money to others using the electronic banking. My question is - how do i get an account in another bank without coming to Cyprus? Or can i deposit money in the laiki bank from another bank or would i just lose it?


Your account will be transferred to Bank of Cyprus and you will be sent the new details.
User avatar
CBBB
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 11521
Joined: Tue May 20, 2008 1:15 pm
Location: Centre of the Universe

Re: bank deposits

Postby Smiler Brian » Thu May 09, 2013 8:44 am

Cheers CBBB
User avatar
Smiler Brian
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 340
Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2007 7:17 pm

Re: bank deposits

Postby cyprusgrump » Thu May 09, 2013 11:46 am

Just had a run-in with the bank manager over the new rules governing removing money from a notice account...

These new rules by the way are not mentioned in the official releases about capital controls.

The Bank Manager said "It is not your money, it is our money."
User avatar
cyprusgrump
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8413
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2005 4:35 pm
Location: Pissouri, Cyprus

Re: bank deposits

Postby johnny1 » Thu May 09, 2013 1:40 pm

really the bank manager told you that?which bank is that and why would he tell such a thing?
johnny1
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 211
Joined: Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:26 am

Re: bank deposits

Postby cyprusgrump » Thu May 09, 2013 1:46 pm

johnny1 wrote:really the bank manager told you that?which bank is that and why would he tell such a thing?



Bank of Cyprus - Pissouri Branch.

He claims that as the cash is in a 90-day account it is his rather than ours... Apart from the €2,000 per month of it we are able to access of course or the 20% of it we are able to access after the 'notice' period (the remaining 80% being theirs again for another enforced notice period of course)... :evil:
User avatar
cyprusgrump
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8413
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2005 4:35 pm
Location: Pissouri, Cyprus

Re: bank deposits

Postby Oceanside50 » Thu May 09, 2013 3:49 pm

If these capital controls that are in force today in Cyprus, been conducted 20 years ago, Cyprus would have been turned upside down.
Oceanside50
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 2292
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:45 pm

Re: bank deposits

Postby Get Real! » Thu May 09, 2013 3:56 pm

CBBB wrote:
Smiler Brian wrote:I have a laiki account, now down to a few euro as i have still been able to transfer money to others using the electronic banking. My question is - how do i get an account in another bank without coming to Cyprus? Or can i deposit money in the laiki bank from another bank or would i just lose it?


Your account will be transferred to Bank of Cyprus and you will be sent the new details.

Haven't they done that yet? :?
User avatar
Get Real!
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 48333
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:25 am
Location: Nicosia

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest