The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


bank deposits

Feel free to talk about anything that you want.

bank deposits

Postby johnny1 » Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:27 am

i hope that the cypriots are not gonan just sit by like goats and do nothign about whats happening with our money being stolen from our accounts.
wasnt there a guarantee on the first 100,000?will we get our money back that will be stolen ..once banks start to make a profit?
i just dont understand why i/we have to pay because of soem bastards bad management...why should we have to pay there mistakes while they get there fat bonuses.
if there will be any demonstrations anywhere..please let me know...

http://www.centralbank.gov.cy/nqcontent ... 58&lang=en

http://www.cssda.gov.cy/cssda/cssda.nsf ... enDocument
johnny1
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 211
Joined: Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:26 am

Re: bank deposits

Postby CBBB » Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:32 am

Would you prefer that the local banks just didn't open on Tuesday, or ever again?
User avatar
CBBB
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 11493
Joined: Tue May 20, 2008 1:15 pm
Location: Centre of the Universe

Re: bank deposits

Postby kurupetos » Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:50 am

The House of Representatives may not ratify the agreement. :!:
User avatar
kurupetos
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 18458
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:46 pm
Location: Cyprus

Re: bank deposits

Postby Maximus » Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:02 am

johnny1 wrote:i hope that the cypriots are not gonan just sit by like goats and do nothign about whats happening with our money being stolen from our accounts.
wasnt there a guarantee on the first 100,000?will we get our money back that will be stolen ..once banks start to make a profit?


If you sell the shares at a better price at some point in the future then you will make a return. alternatively, risk losing more from Tuesday and welcome taking on a major headache trying to get any of it back..
Maximus
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 4427
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:23 pm

Re: bank deposits

Postby kurupetos » Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:44 am

Maximus wrote:
johnny1 wrote:i hope that the cypriots are not gonan just sit by like goats and do nothign about whats happening with our money being stolen from our accounts.
wasnt there a guarantee on the first 100,000?will we get our money back that will be stolen ..once banks start to make a profit?


If you sell the shares at a better price at some point in the future then you will make a return.

I reckon this may happen in 2598. :lol:
User avatar
kurupetos
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 18458
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:46 pm
Location: Cyprus

Re: bank deposits

Postby Maximus » Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:46 am

kurupetos wrote:
Maximus wrote:
johnny1 wrote:i hope that the cypriots are not gonan just sit by like goats and do nothign about whats happening with our money being stolen from our accounts.
wasnt there a guarantee on the first 100,000?will we get our money back that will be stolen ..once banks start to make a profit?


If you sell the shares at a better price at some point in the future then you will make a return.

I reckon this may happen in 2598. :lol:


:lol:
Maximus
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 4427
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:23 pm

Re: bank deposits

Postby johnny1 » Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:23 am

Sue their ass:

EU Charter of Fundamental Rights, article 17:

1. Everyone has the right to own, use, dispose of and bequeath his or her lawfully acquired possessions. No one may be deprived of his or her possessions, except in the public interest and in the cases and under the conditions provided for by law, subject to fair compensation being paid in good time for their loss. The use of property may be regulated by law insofar as is necessary for the general interest.
johnny1
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 211
Joined: Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:26 am

Re: bank deposits

Postby CBBB » Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:10 am

Doesn't that make income tax illegal?
User avatar
CBBB
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 11493
Joined: Tue May 20, 2008 1:15 pm
Location: Centre of the Universe

Re: bank deposits

Postby johnny1 » Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:16 am

oh come on...this was done over a long weekend..wss decided on a saturday...and it hasnt even been voted in yet..but bank accounts have been frozen already..thats illegal already....
johnny1
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 211
Joined: Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:26 am

Re: bank deposits

Postby observer » Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:19 am

CBBB wrote:Doesn't that make income tax illegal?

If only!
I think the phrase 'in the public interest' covers the government.
observer
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 1666
Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2006 10:21 am

Next

Return to General Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests