The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


...I'd like to visit Gaza one day.

Feel free to talk about anything that you want.

Re: ...I'd like to visit Gaza one day.

Postby repulsewarrior » Thu Feb 01, 2024 2:55 am

Lordo wrote:Similarity between Ukraine war and Gaza is incredible.

1. Both aggressors are sponsored by America
2. Both are trying to ethnically cleans people and grab land belonging to others
3. Both are Nazis
4. Both signed an agreement they had no intention of keeping
5. Both can call a ceasefire any time they wish and they choose not to.

Interesting ain it?


...for the record, i think you are mistaken.
User avatar
repulsewarrior
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 13795
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:13 am
Location: homeless in Canada

Re: ...I'd like to visit Gaza one day.

Postby Lordo » Thu Feb 01, 2024 11:32 am

repulsewarrior wrote:
Lordo wrote:Similarity between Ukraine war and Gaza is incredible.

1. Both aggressors are sponsored by America
2. Both are trying to ethnically cleans people and grab land belonging to others
3. Both are Nazis
4. Both signed an agreement they had no intention of keeping
5. Both can call a ceasefire any time they wish and they choose not to.

Interesting ain it?


...for the record, i think you are mistaken.

With respect RW tell me which bits you disagree with?
By all means take them apart point by point.
User avatar
Lordo
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 21108
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: From the river to the sea, Palestine will be free. Walk on Swine walk on

Re: ...I'd like to visit Gaza one day.

Postby Lordo » Thu Feb 01, 2024 1:14 pm

Lets take first item. Are you saying Ukraine and Israel are not aggressors or that they are not sponsored by the Americans
User avatar
Lordo
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 21108
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: From the river to the sea, Palestine will be free. Walk on Swine walk on

Re: ...I'd like to visit Gaza one day.

Postby Robin Hood » Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:39 pm

Lordo wrote:Lets take first item. (RW) Are you saying Ukraine and Israel are not aggressors or that they are not sponsored by the Americans


Can I comment on that? :wink:

You cannot reply to that with a 'one liner', it is far too complex and like all these arguments it depends on where you start your time line! I don't think you can say 'the US started it' but in both cases they have certainly been responsible for the ramping up of the conflicts to the current level in both cases.

In Ukraine the interference started in earnest with US support for the Orange Revolution to destroy 'Russian' influence and then they were behind and orchestrated the Maidan uprising in 2014 and everything that came after it. For Israel it was ramped up in 1948 by the US that had been building up from the Mid 1800's. They backed the Zionists who had quietly embedded themselves in the US administration since WWI and the problem was the Zionists rather than the Jewish people. :roll:
Robin Hood
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 4263
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 7:18 pm
Location: Limassol

Re: ...I'd like to visit Gaza one day.

Postby Lordo » Thu Feb 01, 2024 5:01 pm

Robin Hood wrote:
Lordo wrote:Lets take first item. (RW) Are you saying Ukraine and Israel are not aggressors or that they are not sponsored by the Americans


Can I comment on that? :wink:

You cannot reply to that with a 'one liner', it is far too complex and like all these arguments it depends on where you start your time line! I don't think you can say 'the US started it' but in both cases they have certainly been responsible for the ramping up of the conflicts to the current level in both cases.

In Ukraine the interference started in earnest with US support for the Orange Revolution to destroy 'Russian' influence and then they were behind and orchestrated the Maidan uprising in 2014 and everything that came after it. For Israel it was ramped up in 1948 by the US that had been building up from the Mid 1800's. They backed the Zionists who had quietly embedded themselves in the US administration since WWI and the problem was the Zionists rather than the Jewish people. :roll:

Of course you can RH but I do feel if RW responded we would have got to where you got to in one post perhaps after a few posts. So clearly your post is more efficient than mine.
User avatar
Lordo
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 21108
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: From the river to the sea, Palestine will be free. Walk on Swine walk on

Re: ...I'd like to visit Gaza one day.

Postby Lordo » Thu Feb 01, 2024 9:53 pm

This is interesting. It seems the court agrees it is genocide but nit under it's jurisdiction to do anything about it. It is ICJ's though.

Afederal court in California has ruled that Israel’s military campaign in Gaza “plausibly” amounts to genocide, but dismissed a case aimed at stopping US military support for Israel as being outside the court’s jurisdiction.



https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/israel-s-campaign-in-gaza-plausibly-amounts-to-genocide-us-court-finds/ar-BB1hCGZj?ocid=entnewsntp&pc=U531&cvid=24a8f27c863f411a9f632b447ab07448&ei=12
User avatar
Lordo
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 21108
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: From the river to the sea, Palestine will be free. Walk on Swine walk on

Re: ...I'd like to visit Gaza one day.

Postby repulsewarrior » Fri Feb 02, 2024 9:32 am

Lordo wrote:
repulsewarrior wrote:
Lordo wrote:Similarity between Ukraine war and Gaza is incredible.

1. Both aggressors are sponsored by America
2. Both are trying to ethnically cleans people and grab land belonging to others
3. Both are Nazis
4. Both signed an agreement they had no intention of keeping
5. Both can call a ceasefire any time they wish and they choose not to.

Interesting ain it?


...for the record, i think you are mistaken.

With respect RW tell me which bits you disagree with?
By all means take them apart point by point.


1. Aggressors, are you comparing "Russians", (never mind "Ukrainians"; they are 'gone' now just like the "Greeks"), with "Jews"? And who are the "Americans", think carefully; and who are they rooting for?
2. Who are you talking about, really? The "Russians" the "Jews", the "Americans", or to bring it closer to home, the "Turks"?
3. Don't kid yourself Lordo, Nazis are everywhere, and they are a scourge wherever they are; but yes in that regard i will agree with you that there are Nazis who are "Jews".
4. ...and who has signed an agreement with the intention of keeping it? Those of us who would sign an agreement and keep it in any case are unnaturally torn apart by the mythic reality that "They" would have us believe, that 'we' are few.
5. Who tried to call a "ceasefire"; all these decades? Let's be serious, "They" hold the agenda, wherever there is this problem (it seems i am the only one left to remember when "it" was called The Problem), in any case it's 'us' the other half who will pay their (and these) costs; whether as Individuals, having defended Universal Principles for Freedom and Rights that go with a Human Condition, or, questioning these values without Liberty as Persons in affect "Forbidden" to associate.

Both Cyprus and Israel are very good examples of a Democracy under threat where it has been demonstrated again and again (over decades) that no extremists have ever won an overwhelming majority. (Particularly in Israel, (with its present situation) let us remember who Bibi really is, he has a lot of history and in any case his power is not on solid foundations to say the least.) It is for this reason Lordo, that i do not despair; perhaps i have more faith than you in Humanity. I believe in 'us' and the power of us as Hateful beings, yes, but (unlike you perhaps) not against each other, Lest we Forget, there are bigger enemies to focus upon like disease and hunger worth such ruthlessness. No, it is by kindness, reason, that what is prevailing as misery is overcome, by embracing such a future unknown, to "be" Loving, by changing intentions making changes, by overcoming the fear we have among 'us' and within ourselves, uniting, ending Ignorance ("This" plunder) as well.

...a BBF is good for Israel, a BBF is good for Palestine too, just like a BBF is good for Ukraine and, in Turkey, (some good examples); in Cyprus it should (have been) be easy because it is an island after-all and its population is (very) small.

...you are mistaken, like having picked a "side" from the stock that has been around for a while, selling it like "new", like in a bizarre where one can say anything to draw a buyers' attention, like "it" is better than "another" when in reality "they" are the same (actually for "both" hidden from the clients the one 'thing' feared the most in such a marketplace, which is Modern and more reasoned, what has the better pattern).
User avatar
repulsewarrior
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 13795
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:13 am
Location: homeless in Canada

Re: ...I'd like to visit Gaza one day.

Postby Lordo » Fri Feb 02, 2024 12:16 pm

repulsewarrior wrote:
Lordo wrote:
repulsewarrior wrote:
Lordo wrote:Similarity between Ukraine war and Gaza is incredible.

1. Both aggressors are sponsored by America
2. Both are trying to ethnically cleans people and grab land belonging to others
3. Both are Nazis
4. Both signed an agreement they had no intention of keeping
5. Both can call a ceasefire any time they wish and they choose not to.

Interesting ain it?


...for the record, i think you are mistaken.

With respect RW tell me which bits you disagree with?
By all means take them apart point by point.


1. Aggressors, are you comparing "Russians", (never mind "Ukrainians"; they are 'gone' now just like the "Greeks"), with "Jews"? And who are the "Americans", think carefully; and who are they rooting for?
I am not rooting for anybody RW, I am simply saying the Americans are the sponsors of both Zionists Nazis in Israel and Nazis in Ukraine
2. Who are you talking about, really? The "Russians" the "Jews", the "Americans", or to bring it closer to home, the "Turks"?
No ned to expand it, I am talking about the Zionists attack on the Palestinians since 1948 to this day and the Ukranian Nazis attack on the Russian speakers in the east long before the intervention of Russia.
3. Don't kid yourself Lordo, Nazis are everywhere, and they are a scourge wherever they are; but yes in that regard i will agree with you that there are Nazis who are "Jews".
No I am talking the Zionists who are on the whole secular and pretend to be Jewish and are implementing Nazi ideas
4. ...and who has signed an agreement with the intention of keeping it? Those of us who would sign an agreement and keep it in any case are unnaturally torn apart by the mythic reality that "They" would have us believe, that 'we' are few.
You are unnecessarily complicating the Issue. Ukrainians signed Minsk 1 and 2 agreement never intending to impellent it regarding the Eastern provinces and the Zionists signed the Oslo Agreement to work towards a two state solution and instead they went on a rampage of settlement building in the West Bank and flattened the idea.
5. Who tried to call a "ceasefire"; all these decades? Let's be serious, "They" hold the agenda, wherever there is this problem (it seems i am the only one left to remember when "it" was called The Problem), in any case it's 'us' the other half who will pay their (and these) costs; whether as Individuals, having defended Universal Principles for Freedom and Rights that go with a Human Condition, or, questioning these values without Liberty as Persons in affect "Forbidden" to associate.
Again no need to complicate things, both Israel and Ukraine can call for a ceasefire anytime they wish but refuse to do so now as we speak.

Both Cyprus and Israel are very good examples of a Democracy under threat where it has been demonstrated again and again (over decades) that no extremists have ever won an overwhelming majority. (Particularly in Israel, (with its present situation) let us remember who Bibi really is, he has a lot of history and in any case his power is not on solid foundations to say the least.) It is for this reason Lordo, that i do not despair; perhaps i have more faith than you in Humanity. I believe in 'us' and the power of us as Hateful beings, yes, but (unlike you perhaps) not against each other, Lest we Forget, there are bigger enemies to focus upon like disease and hunger worth such ruthlessness. No, it is by kindness, reason, that what is prevailing as misery is overcome, by embracing such a future unknown, to "be" Loving, by changing intentions making changes, by overcoming the fear we have among 'us' and within ourselves, uniting, ending Ignorance ("This" plunder) as well.
For a democracy to be under threat there has to be a democracy in the country. Israel is no democracy and certainly is not under threat for no reason. She has taken Palestinian and Syrian land and is hanging on to it since 1948. As to Cyprus, where is the democracy in Cyprus? Is the constitution in operation now? or has it been since 1963? Who is being delusional RW? Notice when they gave back Egypt their land there has been peace between them since. it's like magic ain't it?

...a BBF is good for Israel, a BBF is good for Palestine too, just like a BBF is good for Ukraine and, in Turkey, (some good examples); in Cyprus it should (have been) be easy because it is an island after-all and its population is (very) small.

BBF is good for any country that has more than one community in it's borders. It is Israel and Cyprus that will not accept it. No need to Expand this any further as every country in the world has land belonging to others.

...you are mistaken, like having picked a "side" from the stock that has been around for a while, selling it like "new", like in a bizarre where one can say anything to draw a buyers' attention, like "it" is better than "another" when in reality "they" are the same (actually for "both" hidden from the clients the one 'thing' feared the most in such a marketplace, which is Modern and more reasoned, what has the better pattern).
As I said before, I have not picked a side, I am telling it as it is. Tell me which bit is not so.
User avatar
Lordo
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 21108
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: From the river to the sea, Palestine will be free. Walk on Swine walk on

Re: ...I'd like to visit Gaza one day.

Postby Lordo » Sat Feb 03, 2024 12:55 am

Today America has attacked 85 sites in Syria and Iraq. They are behaving like the Zionists every day. We shall soon find out how many innocent civilians have been slaughtered by Double B.
User avatar
Lordo
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 21108
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: From the river to the sea, Palestine will be free. Walk on Swine walk on

Re: ...I'd like to visit Gaza one day.

Postby repulsewarrior » Sat Feb 03, 2024 9:50 am

Lordo wrote:Today America has attacked 85 sites in Syria and Iraq. They are behaving like the Zionists every day. We shall soon find out how many innocent civilians have been slaughtered by Double B.


...link(s) please Lordo; you should know better.
User avatar
repulsewarrior
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 13795
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:13 am
Location: homeless in Canada

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests