The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


All roads eventually lead to Cyprus...

Feel free to talk about anything that you want.

Re: All roads eventually lead to Cyprus...

Postby Paphitis » Sun Sep 09, 2018 4:11 pm

Really? You were continuously going on about semantics. My point was purely in regards to the onerous claims that a 95 year old diver dived down to 41 m for 44 mnutes.

My point was that in order for him to do that, he would have required specialist equipment and training - which is of course extremely true.

There is no chance in hell that this man could have achieved what CM claimed he did without at the very least have a severe case of the bends, and quite possiby even end up dead. That was my point.

Now, if for instance you wanted to correct me on my incorrect statements pertaining to Nitrox, then what you should have done is come in here and said "excuse me Paphitis, but as a professional diver" which you claim to be, and of course I am not, your statement about Nitrox is incorrect and dangerous, rather than carry on all half baked and even calling me an idiot which you did on a few occasions. I would have taken that into account as a mature adult that I am, but it really is a pity that you are anything but.
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 22302
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Re: All roads eventually lead to Cyprus...

Postby cyprusgrump » Sun Sep 09, 2018 4:42 pm

Paphitis wrote:Really? You were continuously going on about semantics. My point was purely in regards to the onerous claims that a 95 year old diver dived down to 41 m for 44 mnutes.

My point was that in order for him to do that, he would have required specialist equipment and training - which is of course extremely true.

There is no chance in hell that this man could have achieved what CM claimed he did without at the very least have a severe case of the bends, and quite possiby even end up dead. That was my point.

Now, if for instance you wanted to correct me on my incorrect statements pertaining to Nitrox, then what you should have done is come in here and said "excuse me Paphitis, but as a professional diver" which you claim to be, and of course I am not, your statement about Nitrox is incorrect and dangerous, rather than carry on all half baked and even calling me an idiot which you did on a few occasions. I would have taken that into account as a mature adult that I am, but it really is a pity that you are anything but.


Hahahahaha! :lol:

Look, the point was that somebody that supposedly holds a PADI Advanced certificate should have realised in a second that that 41m/44mins didn't happen and a one second Google confirmed it. In the same way anybody with a PPL would have realised that your C172 story was bullshit.

The author of the article, the restaurant reviewer and general dogsbody (he probably drives the delivery van too!) clearly made a typo!

In spite of all the evidence to the contrary you continue to claim that the CM has somehow made a deliberately inaccurate claim about this dive - they didn't.

Paphitis wrote:Now, if for instance you wanted to correct me on my incorrect statements pertaining to Nitrox, then what you should have done is..."


But I did do that, time and time and time again... I provided detailed explanations, links and even produced the Nitrox dive tables and yet you still insisted that he should have used Nitrox. You were wrong.

Here, page 15

Paphitis wrote:I saw the tables, and they prove what I have been saying all along.

Nitrox allows divers to stay down at deeper depths and for longer periods.


Even after explaining it in detail from my very first post, posting the dive tables, posting links to articles explaining where you were wrong you STILL insisted that Nitrox was an appropriate mix. You were wrong.
User avatar
cyprusgrump
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 6626
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2005 4:35 pm
Location: Pissouri, Cyprus

Re: All roads eventually lead to Cyprus...

Postby Paphitis » Sun Sep 09, 2018 4:54 pm

No you didn't. You behaved arrogantly and you were quite insulting.

You came in and said from the outset that my nonsense was the reason why you started posting.

I don't mind you starting to post and I don't mind being corrected about Nitrox but it is the manner in which you did that which was a bit onerous.

As for my post, it was a general statement about the claims made in CM which I took as being very onerous and incorrect.
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 22302
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Re: All roads eventually lead to Cyprus...

Postby cyprusgrump » Sun Sep 09, 2018 5:03 pm

Paphitis wrote:No you didn't. You behaved arrogantly and you were quite insulting.

You came in and said from the outset that my nonsense was the reason why you started posting.

I don't mind you starting to post and I don't mind being corrected about Nitrox but it is the manner in which you did that which was a bit onerous.

As for my post, it was a general statement about the claims made in CM which I took as being very onerous and incorrect.



Awwwww.... Poor potty-mouth Paphitis, was the big bad boy nasty to you? :lol:

Perhaps if you don't like being insulted you should refrain from pretending that you know anything whatsoever about the subject under discussion and posting utter bollox like this...

Paphitis wrote:Well it's very odd there Cap because they are claiming 41m. He would have needed a special Nitrox mix to pull that off and at this man's age it would be bordering on insanity.

Without the Nitrox mix, his blood would have the effervescence of a Coca Cola drink and he would either be in a decompression chamber or dead.


...and then repeating the same thing time and time again even after ample evidence that you are completely wrong is presented to you...? :roll:

Just a thought. :wink:
User avatar
cyprusgrump
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 6626
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2005 4:35 pm
Location: Pissouri, Cyprus

Re: All roads eventually lead to Cyprus...

Postby Paphitis » Sun Sep 09, 2018 5:04 pm

See there you go again.

Which just goes to show who the real idiot is!

I wasn't wrong at all. I was completely right and on song. All you were doing is prattling on about semantics pertaining to Nitrox, but my point was about the claims contained in the CM article and I am completely correct about it.

Gosh aren't you a nasty piece of work.
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 22302
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Re: All roads eventually lead to Cyprus...

Postby cyprusgrump » Sun Sep 09, 2018 5:35 pm

Paphitis wrote:See there you go again.

Which just goes to show who the real idiot is!

I wasn't wrong at all. I was completely right and on song. All you were doing is prattling on about semantics pertaining to Nitrox, but my point was about the claims contained in the CM article and I am completely correct about it.

Gosh aren't you a nasty piece of work.


But you are wrong Paphitis... :lol:

The CM article is clearly a typo (or if you prefer a misunderstanding) by the guy that normally reviews restaurants... :roll:

Any sensible diver would have immediately realised his mistake (conflating total dive time with bottom time), and either moved on or checked the facts on-line.

It is only you that seems to be obsessed with this CM article. Like it is some bizarre conspiracy theory to get the general public to run down to the beach and die trying to replicate it... :roll:

And as I said before, if you don't like being insulted you should refrain from pretending that you know anything whatsoever about the subject under discussion and posting utter bollox (about Nitrox)...

And if you think I really am a 'nasty piece of work' you can stop replying to me... :roll:

However...

I think we have established you were totally wrong on Nitrox... :wink:

And I think that we have also established that your continued ranting and raving about the article was somewhat without point as you have already dismissed your own argument... :wink:

Paphitis wrote:Oh for crying out loud. It was just a comment I made on a forum because of the 44 minutes at 41m claim by CM.

It really isn't such a big deal. The fact of the matter is this, the CM was incorrect to publish such a statement. Whether it's out of ignorance (no excuse) or deliberate, I have no clue.

But I was a bit taken aback from it.


You're on the drink aren't you...? :lol:
User avatar
cyprusgrump
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 6626
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2005 4:35 pm
Location: Pissouri, Cyprus

Re: All roads eventually lead to Cyprus...

Postby Cap » Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:50 pm

Bringing the Green and Loggerhead turtle back from extinction...

'Cyprus' Turtle Conservation Efforts Pay Off as Population Triples!'
https://www.thequint.com/videos/news-vi ... nservation (watch video)

https://cyprus-mail.com/2018/08/20/cons ... r-turtles/

https://phys.org/news/2018-08-endangere ... eback.html

https://www.greenmatters.com/news/2018/ ... -comeback-
User avatar
Cap
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 6935
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2007 12:55 pm
Location: Cypriot Empire

Previous

Return to General Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests