The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


Question about CENSORSHIP

Anything related to the Internet, computers and technology in general.

Re: Question about CENSORSHIP

Postby Sotos » Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:03 am

The fact that Google is expected to equally promote its competitors from its own website just goes to show how strictly is watched. In the website for your browser do you promote other browsers? No, and nearly nobody does this. But Google Search is expected to be fair to all and it is held at much higher standards than others.

And what would you upload to your website??

You don't need a server to steal data, especially in your case with a handful of users. It would be nothing hard to open a backdoor, and then from your computer to have access to the systems of anybody currently online who has installed your browser. You claim that you hacked Youtube, but for something way simpler you are trying to present it as impossible :roll: And if you wanted a server, what would stop you of having one? Sure you can say that you will not do such thing, but why would anybody believe you when you are shown to be both a liar and somebody who doesn't mind violating the law?
User avatar
Sotos
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 11245
Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2005 2:50 am

Re: Question about CENSORSHIP

Postby Get Real! » Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:44 am

Sotos wrote:The fact that Google is expected to equally promote its competitors from its own website just goes to show how strictly is watched. In the website for your browser do you promote other browsers? No, and nearly nobody does this. But Google Search is expected to be fair to all and it is held at much higher standards than others.

And what would you upload to your website??

You don't need a server to steal data, especially in your case with a handful of users. It would be nothing hard to open a backdoor, and then from your computer to have access to the systems of anybody currently online who has installed your browser. You claim that you hacked Youtube, but for something way simpler you are trying to present it as impossible :roll: And if you wanted a server, what would stop you of having one? Sure you can say that you will not do such thing, but why would anybody believe you when you are shown to be both a liar and somebody who doesn't mind violating the law?

Google mines user data to feed its massive marketing ad-syndicates/schemes and for the last 3-4 years they also feed such data to the US government (coerced no doubt) which is building a “people database” of its own. So basically Google has a multi-billion dollar empire driven by all this data mining!

Now… what the fuck would I be mining user data for? Why would your surfing shopping/habits be interesting to me? :lol:

I already know what you’re doing all day… you’re on the CF talking shit!

But anyway… anyone concerned about open ports while using a browser can use software like this (a port checker) that monitors and notifies of the state of each port (open/closed and who is using it) while they surf.

You might want to try this yourself lest you discover some unpleasant surprises while running your corporate browsers… :wink:

https://www.advanced-port-scanner.com/

I have nothing to worry about. :)
User avatar
Get Real!
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 42235
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:25 am
Location: Nicosia

Re: Question about CENSORSHIP

Postby Paphitis » Thu Feb 21, 2019 2:08 pm

Sotos wrote:Get Real when he first started to talk:



:lol:
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 24303
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Re: Question about CENSORSHIP

Postby Paphitis » Thu Feb 21, 2019 3:07 pm

I move to impeach Get Real for being a Psefti!

The evidence is pretty damning.

GUILTY! :twisted:

Never before has the Cyprus Forum ever been affected by such debauchery! It's gonna take a long time to recover from this downward spiral slippery slope folks thanks to Get Real.

This is THUMBNAIL GATE! :twisted:
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 24303
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Re: Question about CENSORSHIP

Postby RichardB » Thu Feb 21, 2019 3:20 pm

Paphitis wrote:I move to impeach Get Real for being a Psefti!

The evidence is pretty damning.

GUILTY! :twisted:

Never before has the Cyprus Forum ever been affected by such debauchery! It's gonna take a long time to recover from this downward spiral slippery slope folks thanks to Get Real.

This is THUMBNAIL GATE! :twisted:


As a neutral total technophobe I should be the judge and will need to hear all the evidence before finding GR "Not Guilty"

And fining the rest of you (Sotos, Paphitis and the rest of you rats) for contempt of court
User avatar
RichardB
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 3511
Joined: Thu May 18, 2006 9:48 pm
Location: Blackpool/Lefkosia

Re: Question about CENSORSHIP

Postby Get Real! » Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:48 pm

Paphitis wrote:I move to impeach Get Real for being a Psefti!

The evidence is pretty damning.

GUILTY! :twisted:

Never before has the Cyprus Forum ever been affected by such debauchery! It's gonna take a long time to recover from this downward spiral slippery slope folks thanks to Get Real.

This is THUMBNAIL GATE! :twisted:

:lol:

Yes, I have bookmarked this thread to remind me of your stupidity Paphitis…

You burst into this new thread with guns blazing to defend criminal Google’s malpractices; by calling my blocking of their illegal evil servers “censorship”, and ended up getting another good lesson or two! :lol:

Welcome to GR’s online academy young Internet cadet! 8)
User avatar
Get Real!
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 42235
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:25 am
Location: Nicosia

Re: Question about CENSORSHIP

Postby Paphitis » Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:17 am

Get Real! wrote:
Paphitis wrote:I move to impeach Get Real for being a Psefti!

The evidence is pretty damning.

GUILTY! :twisted:

Never before has the Cyprus Forum ever been affected by such debauchery! It's gonna take a long time to recover from this downward spiral slippery slope folks thanks to Get Real.

This is THUMBNAIL GATE! :twisted:

:lol:

Yes, I have bookmarked this thread to remind me of your stupidity Paphitis…

You burst into this new thread with guns blazing to defend criminal Google’s malpractices; by calling my blocking of their illegal evil servers “censorship”, and ended up getting another good lesson or two! :lol:

Welcome to GR’s online academy young Internet cadet! 8)


You are now in contempt of court Get Real.

It's not enough that you expose us to a stupid browser that breaks the internet causing those who try it much anguish and pain, by censoring their arses. :lol:

Sotos is correct. Google at least has some standards and policies. You are a one man show no one cares about.

If Mozilla did what you are doing, Google and YouTube would sue their ass. That's because they have significant market share. You have maybe 20 odd users and they don't give a stuff. :lol:
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 24303
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Previous

Return to Internet, Computers and Technology

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests