The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


Question about CENSORSHIP

Anything related to the Internet, computers and technology in general.

Question about CENSORSHIP

Postby Paphitis » Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:39 pm

If a browser prevented you from logging into let's say YouTube, or a Google Account, does this amount to censorship?

You will not be able to subscribe to YouTube, and download their movies and documentaries etc.
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 23709
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Re: Question about CENSORSHIP

Postby Get Real! » Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:48 pm

Paphitis wrote:You will not be able to subscribe to YouTube, and download their movies and documentaries etc.

The Classic is the ONLY browser that let's you download videos without even becoming a member there...

All those extra arrows on the screen (see image below) are injected EXTRA FUNCTIONALITY!


Orange = Watch with no ads or watch blocked video
Red = Download as video
Blue = Download as audio

:lol: :lol: :lol:

DLUTUBE.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
Get Real!
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 42235
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:25 am
Location: Nicosia

Re: Question about CENSORSHIP

Postby Paphitis » Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:59 pm

You can watch free content, but you can't log in and you can't subscribe to the paid content. YouTube is just another version of Netflix now. This is where people are getting their online entertainment and stream movies from. They are providing a service similar to Netflix, Hulu, and Amazon.

You are basically denying this service to your users.
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 23709
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Re: Question about CENSORSHIP

Postby Get Real! » Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:01 pm

Paphitis wrote:You can watch free content, but you can't log in and you can't subscribe to the paid content. YouTube is just another version of Netflix now. This is where people are getting their online entertainment and stream movies from. They are providing a service similar to Netflix, Hulu, and Amazon.

You are basically denying this service to your users.

Poor Paphitis… he has to create gay U-tube accounts to grab audio/videos! :cry: :lol:
User avatar
Get Real!
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 42235
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:25 am
Location: Nicosia

Re: Question about CENSORSHIP

Postby Paphitis » Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:03 pm

Get Real! wrote:
Paphitis wrote:You can watch free content, but you can't log in and you can't subscribe to the paid content. YouTube is just another version of Netflix now. This is where people are getting their online entertainment and stream movies from. They are providing a service similar to Netflix, Hulu, and Amazon.

You are basically denying this service to your users.

Poor Paphitis… he has to create gay U-tube accounts to grab audio/videos! :cry: :lol:


Well, I paid them a couple of bucks to watch Sicario because I didn't get to finish it on a Commercial Flight.

You can't do that with your browser.

I tries Netflix and Stan and they didn't have the movie I wanted but YouTube has EVERYTHING!
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 23709
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Re: Question about CENSORSHIP

Postby Get Real! » Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:15 pm

Paphitis wrote:
Get Real! wrote:
Paphitis wrote:You can watch free content, but you can't log in and you can't subscribe to the paid content. YouTube is just another version of Netflix now. This is where people are getting their online entertainment and stream movies from. They are providing a service similar to Netflix, Hulu, and Amazon.

You are basically denying this service to your users.

Poor Paphitis… he has to create gay U-tube accounts to grab audio/videos! :cry: :lol:


Well, I paid them a couple of bucks to watch Sicario because I didn't get to finish it on a Commercial Flight.

You can't do that with your browser.

I tries Netflix and Stan and they didn't have the movie I wanted but YouTube has EVERYTHING!

It’s a shame you don’t know any JavaScript or you could use the “horrible” Classic Browser to scrape paid videos from Youtube, that others (read suckers like Paphitis) have to pay… :cry:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
User avatar
Get Real!
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 42235
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:25 am
Location: Nicosia

Re: Question about CENSORSHIP

Postby Paphitis » Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:18 pm

Get Real! wrote:
Paphitis wrote:
Get Real! wrote:
Paphitis wrote:You can watch free content, but you can't log in and you can't subscribe to the paid content. YouTube is just another version of Netflix now. This is where people are getting their online entertainment and stream movies from. They are providing a service similar to Netflix, Hulu, and Amazon.

You are basically denying this service to your users.

Poor Paphitis… he has to create gay U-tube accounts to grab audio/videos! :cry: :lol:


Well, I paid them a couple of bucks to watch Sicario because I didn't get to finish it on a Commercial Flight.

You can't do that with your browser.

I tries Netflix and Stan and they didn't have the movie I wanted but YouTube has EVERYTHING!

It’s a shame you don’t know any JavaScript or you could use the “horrible” Classic Browser to scrape paid videos from Youtube, that others (read suckers like Paphitis) have to pay… :cry:

:lol: :lol: :lol:


Bullshit you can scrape paid content.

Show us!
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 23709
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Re: Question about CENSORSHIP

Postby Get Real! » Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:22 pm

Paphitis wrote:Bullshit you can scrape paid content.

Show us!

Give me a page (link) where you usually select paid videos (I mean before the credit card payment stage) and watch my programming power in the Classic. :)
User avatar
Get Real!
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 42235
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:25 am
Location: Nicosia

Re: Question about CENSORSHIP

Postby Paphitis » Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:26 pm

Get Real! wrote:
Paphitis wrote:Bullshit you can scrape paid content.

Show us!

Give me a page (link) where you usually select paid videos (I mean before the credit card payment stage) and watch my programming power in the Classic. :)


What, can't you get it yourself? :lol:

Here you go then:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-NklXKwVJc
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 23709
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Re: Question about CENSORSHIP

Postby Get Real! » Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:31 pm

Paphitis wrote:
Get Real! wrote:
Paphitis wrote:Bullshit you can scrape paid content.

Show us!

Give me a page (link) where you usually select paid videos (I mean before the credit card payment stage) and watch my programming power in the Classic. :)


What, can't you get it yourself? :lol:

Here you go then:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-NklXKwVJc

Easy as pie... you sure this is member-paid video? This was too easy! :lol:

sicario.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
Get Real!
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 42235
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:25 am
Location: Nicosia

Next

Return to Internet, Computers and Technology

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests