The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


the world is a changing

Feel free to talk about anything that you want.

Re: the world is a changing

Postby Londonrake » Fri May 03, 2019 2:10 pm

Kikapu wrote:
Lordo wrote:does anybody know if 747s can land in larnaca cause they now can in errrrrrrr can.

what a welcoming sight


What was the company who you say flew B-747 into the north?


Air America? :lol:
Londonrake
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 1424
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:19 pm
Location: ROC

Re: the world is a changing

Postby Paphitis » Fri May 03, 2019 3:04 pm

Londonrake wrote:
Kikapu wrote:
Lordo wrote:does anybody know if 747s can land in larnaca cause they now can in errrrrrrr can.

what a welcoming sight


What was the company who you say flew B-747 into the north?


Air America? :lol:


Con Air! :lol:
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 24303
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Re: the world is a changing

Postby Kikapu » Fri May 03, 2019 3:13 pm

Londonrake wrote:
Kikapu wrote:
Lordo wrote:does anybody know if 747s can land in larnaca cause they now can in errrrrrrr can.

what a welcoming sight


What was the company who you say flew B-747 into the north?


Air America? :lol:

Never heard of it. It must be some obscure charter company that has wet leasing.

Any idea where the flight operates from to the north?
User avatar
Kikapu
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 14066
Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2006 6:18 pm

Re: the world is a changing

Postby Paphitis » Fri May 03, 2019 3:16 pm

Kikapu wrote:
Londonrake wrote:
Kikapu wrote:
Lordo wrote:does anybody know if 747s can land in larnaca cause they now can in errrrrrrr can.

what a welcoming sight


What was the company who you say flew B-747 into the north?


Air America? :lol:

Never heard of it. It must be some obscure charter company that has wet leasing.

Any idea where the flight operates from to the north?


He was joking.

I doubt an American Charter company will use ercan because if they did, their insurance would be void and they would have violated international law by entering Cyprus through an illegal port. Americans wouldn't do that. I know a lot of people give the Yanks some stick here, but they are actually big sticklers for the rules.

I have heard that it was the Americans that upgraded the runway so that their military planes can use it but I have never seen any evidence of the US Military ever using Ercan or Lefkoniko. That could very well be a possibility. But they will be hitting their heads over that one now.

US Military has however used both Larnaca, and Paphos, and they have also used Akrotiri many times as well.

Only Turkish registered planes use Ercan, because they have Turkish Insurance underwriters. Other countries could get round that but then there are issues over using an illegal port that is unrecognized by their Government.

Can you imagine if an American B747 crashed at ercan? The Insurance company would have a field day and walk away instantly.

Also Air America = NSA/CIA. US Government.
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 24303
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Re: the world is a changing

Postby Kikapu » Fri May 03, 2019 3:38 pm

Paphitis wrote:
Kikapu wrote:
Londonrake wrote:
Kikapu wrote:
Lordo wrote:does anybody know if 747s can land in larnaca cause they now can in errrrrrrr can.

what a welcoming sight


What was the company who you say flew B-747 into the north?


Air America? :lol:

Never heard of it. It must be some obscure charter company that has wet leasing.

Any idea where the flight operates from to the north?


He was joking.

I doubt an American Charter company will use ercan because if they did, their insurance would be void and they would have violated international law by entering Cyprus through an illegal port. Americans wouldn't do that. I know a lot of people give the Yanks some stick here, but they are actually big sticklers for the rules.

I have heard that it was the Americans that upgraded the runway so that their military planes can use it but I have never seen any evidence of the US Military ever using Ercan or Lefkoniko. That could very well be a possibility. But they will be hitting their heads over that one now.

US Military has however used both Larnaca, and Paphos, and they have also used Akrotiri many times as well.

Only Turkish registered planes use Ercan, because they have Turkish Insurance underwriters. Other countries could get round that but then there are issues over using an illegal port that is unrecognized by their Government.

Can you imagine if an American B747 crashed at ercan? The Insurance company would have a field day and walk away instantly.


Air America does not need to be an American Company per se but some obscure chartering Company from bum fuck Egypt, but I get your post.
User avatar
Kikapu
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 14066
Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2006 6:18 pm

Re: the world is a changing

Postby Paphitis » Fri May 03, 2019 3:43 pm

Kikapu wrote:
Air America does not need to be an American Company per se but some obscure chartering Company from bum fuck Egypt, but I get your post.


Air America can also be a CIA or NSA grey flight.

That is the call sign they would use in the old days. Probably no one knows what the NSA and CIA use today. from what I understand, they use random call-signs and even foreign registrations.

It is possible that the Americans can use these illegal ports for their Grey Flights. But yet again, these Grey Flights also use Athens International so don't really understand why they need Ercan or Lefkoniko.

I know plane-spotters use to try tracking these Grey Flights when the yanks were transporting international terrorists all over the world to their final destination in Cuba. America tried very hard to disguise these flights and often they would be all white with no livery and no registration markings either.

I seen a photo of an alleged Air America landing at Larnaca. I don't know if it was legit or not. There is always a lot of mystery surrounding these flights and many conspiracy theories too and a lot of nonsense too.
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 24303
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Re: the world is a changing

Postby repulsewarrior » Sat May 04, 2019 12:36 am

...and that runway extension at so called Ercan, was that the one built over the dead bodies of disappeared?
User avatar
repulsewarrior
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8514
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:13 am
Location: homeless in Canada

Re: the world is a changing

Postby Paphitis » Sat May 04, 2019 2:03 am

repulsewarrior wrote:...and that runway extension at so called Ercan, was that the one built over the dead bodies of disappeared?


Wouldn't surprise me RW.
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 24303
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Re: the world is a changing

Postby Maximus » Sun May 05, 2019 1:48 pm

B25 wrote:
Paphitis wrote:If I was in charge I would issue warrants for their arrests and lodge with INTERPOL because they are all ILLEGAL ALIENS!

All these people should be arrested if they attempt to cross the Green Line (especially the Scots and Russians), fingerprinted, take DNA samples and deported as illegals. They should never be allowed entry into the RoC ever again. Be like the USA.

You fuck around over there and you are done for.

In fact, since we are working with Scotland Yard, I think it’s time to bring in some American Border and Homeland Security consultants to help us

These people flying into Ercan could be terrorists as well. You never know. I think we need to be very careful and start arresting people at the Green Line because they haven’t been vetted as they entered illegally.

You wouldn’t be so smug then you occupying thieving traitor pig!

We need Trump badly


Paphiti, if only, but our politicians are spineless pricks who themselves probably use the illegal airport to save a few pennies. Lampron na tous kapsi. Crossing points should close now, let us see how smug the MFs TCs are living solely under Turkeys regime. They don't know how good they got it that's why akaman glossa, gmt to keraton tous.


That just about sums it up.

Some people are sitting smug about Turkish illegal violations in Cyprus.

But the world is changing.

I am reading in some newspapers that the EU is about to respond with appropriate action if Turkey continues violating Cyprus EEZ.

“We urgently call on Turkey to show restraint, respect the sovereign rights of Cyprus in its exclusive economic zone and refrain from any such illegal action to which the European Union will respond appropriately and in full solidarity with Cyprus,” Mogherini said.

Furthermore, I believe there are things going on behind the scenes because Cyprus has issued radio warnings to the Turkish drill ships in her EEZ.

“You are conducting illegal operations in the exclusive economic zone and the continental shelf of the Republic of Cyprus. Your actions are violating the international law and maritime safety procedures and you are committing serious criminal offences under the laws of the Republic of Cyprus. Any individuals and companies working and/or providing services, assisting and soliciting to support the illegal actions of ‘Fatih’ are violating the rights of the Republic of Cyprus, international law and maritime safety procedures Therefore, it is noted, they will face all consequences according to European and international law and an international arrest warrant will be issued against them. We hereby demand to immediately cease your illegal actions."

I dont know why they limit this response to just the drilling. This should be extended to the northern territories as a well.

Any Turk or Turkish Cypriot, any third country national aiding and abetting Turkeys illegalities in Cyprus, including promoting tourism or selling property in the occupied areas should be arrested.

Its time Turkey and the apartheid mentality in the north ended or face legal and economic consequences for the ongoing violation of Cyprus.

I see Turkish sanctions and arrest warrants coming.

A few plane loads of Tourists wont compensate for the mess to Turkeys economy.

its past time Turkey got out of Cyprus and took her ' sick people' with her.

F****** degenerates, apartheid'ists and racketeers should face the legal consequences of their actions in Cyprus the minute they step foot in the EU.

Cyprus and the EU is not for you (at all) if you think you can cherry pick what applies and does not apply to you.........
Maximus
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 4912
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:23 pm

Re: the world is a changing

Postby repulsewarrior » Mon May 06, 2019 3:17 am

...slowly but surely Erdogan is drawing himself and Turkey into a fight for the supremacy of this sea.

We can hope as Cypriots, small as we are as a Nation, those against Turkey's endeavour, will see in Cyprus a value something much more than its size and population. Indeed, without Cyprus, Turkey wins. But Turkey's hostile activity can only galvanise the opinion that, if only for Cyprus, Turkey threatens them all.
User avatar
repulsewarrior
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8514
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:13 am
Location: homeless in Canada

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests