The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


life on the dark side

Everything related to politics in Cyprus and the rest of the world.

life on the dark side

Postby Lordo » Sun Jun 23, 2019 12:49 pm

so things in the dark side are going well. exports down and imports up by 343 million euros deficit. thats just the increase not the actual loss. my word things are definately going well. why have groc started extracting gas so far. have they actually started to drill for extraction yet?

http://www.cna.org.cy/WebNews-en.aspx?a=f8f06e6274004e53a7d785f8854830ef
User avatar
Lordo
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 12252
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: softalar, banana republic

Re: life on the dark side

Postby Kikapu » Sun Jun 23, 2019 12:54 pm

Lordo wrote:so things in the dark side are going well. exports down and imports up by 343 million euros deficit. thats just the increase not the actual loss. my word things are definately going well. why have groc started extracting gas so far. have they actually started to drill for extraction yet?

http://www.cna.org.cy/WebNews-en.aspx?a=f8f06e6274004e53a7d785f8854830ef


It will all change in a few years when the Gas & Oil Exports would hit $10 Billion a year.
User avatar
Kikapu
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 13937
Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2006 6:18 pm

Re: life on the dark side

Postby Lordo » Sun Jun 23, 2019 1:27 pm

i say old man your figures are crap as per usual. 10 billion a year my left foot and i would include xerodjehalo's foot in to the bargain, and him belonging to the yeti family thats a lot of left foot.

try 9 billion over 18 year period and yu wil be closer to the mark assuming that they actually deliver what they promise and of course the oil companies are notorious for exagurating what they deliver and most of the time they do not actually deliver one tenth of what they originally claim.

enjoy.

https://www.middleeastmonitor.com/20190607-cyprus-signs-9bn-contract-with-israel-to-extract-gas/


<<<<<<< Cyprus will earn $9.3 billion over 18 years thanks to the exploitation of the Aphrodite gas field under a renegotiated contract with Dutch-British Shell, US-based Noble, and Israeli company Delek, the Energy Minister for Cyprus, announced.

George Lakkotrypis told reporters that the reworking of the production contract guaranteed Cyprus an average annual income of $520 million over the life of the gas field.

“We believe it is a good contract under the current circumstances as it will allow the Republic of Cyprus to earn significant commercial revenues estimated at more than $9 billion throughout 18 years of the well’s production.”>>>>>>>>>
User avatar
Lordo
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 12252
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: softalar, banana republic

Re: life on the dark side

Postby Kikapu » Sun Jun 23, 2019 1:31 pm

Lordo wrote:i say old man your figures are crap as per usual. 10 billion a year my left foot and i would include xerodjehalo's foot in to the bargain, and him belonging to the yeti family thats a lot of left foot.

try 9 billion over 18 year period and yu wil be closer to the mark assuming that they actually deliver what they promise and of course the oil companies are notorious for exagurating what they deliver and most of the time they do not actually deliver one tenth of what they originally claim.

enjoy.

https://www.middleeastmonitor.com/20190607-cyprus-signs-9bn-contract-with-israel-to-extract-gas/


<<<<<<< Cyprus will earn $9.3 billion over 18 years thanks to the exploitation of the Aphrodite gas field under a renegotiated contract with Dutch-British Shell, US-based Noble, and Israeli company Delek, the Energy Minister for Cyprus, announced.

George Lakkotrypis told reporters that the reworking of the production contract guaranteed Cyprus an average annual income of $520 million over the life of the gas field.

“We believe it is a good contract under the current circumstances as it will allow the Republic of Cyprus to earn significant commercial revenues estimated at more than $9 billion throughout 18 years of the well’s production.”>>>>>>>>>


Your above figures a very correct, Lordo, but that is ONLY from the first well. There could be as many as 13 wells, not counting all the wells which Turkey will find gas for the RoC to collect the monies from.
User avatar
Kikapu
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 13937
Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2006 6:18 pm

Re: life on the dark side

Postby Lordo » Sun Jun 23, 2019 1:55 pm

come now thats not what you claimed, you claimed the figure which was based on that report but your attention to detail left a lot to be desired. as to other wells, well all i can say is one pig flying in the air is as good as 13.


User avatar
Lordo
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 12252
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: softalar, banana republic

Re: life on the dark side

Postby Maximus » Sun Jun 23, 2019 1:59 pm

Well turkey has spent what, half of that already and she’s found nothing.

Shes going to spend what, the other half on gunboat diplomacy to get it and she’s found nothing.

She going to lose what, 20x that from eu sanctions to get it and she’s found nothing.

She’s going to spend how much building a gas pipeline or an lng plant and she won’t even be able to sell it because it will be sanctioned, stolen gas.

The biggest finds are in the south.

Turkey has embarked on another sunk cost fallacy and the uncalculating irrational tc won’t get naught, not even an angouri.

But turkeys might fly...
Maximus
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 4788
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:23 pm

Re: life on the dark side

Postby Kikapu » Sun Jun 23, 2019 2:23 pm

Lordo wrote:come now thats not what you claimed, you claimed the figure which was based on that report but your attention to detail left a lot to be desired. as to other wells, well all i can say is one pig flying in the air is as good as 13.]


I made the claim of potential $100Billion over the next 20 years few days ago with you Lordo, once all the wells are working. That is just for the Gas, Oil will add more, perhaps just as much, totaling $200 Billion over 20 years. Turkey’s contribution will be an extra bonus, or shall I say, extra “turkey gravy”. :D
User avatar
Kikapu
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 13937
Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2006 6:18 pm

Re: life on the dark side

Postby repulsewarrior » Sun Jun 23, 2019 9:21 pm

Maximus wrote:Well turkey has spent what, half of that already and she’s found nothing.

Shes going to spend what, the other half on gunboat diplomacy to get it and she’s found nothing.

She going to lose what, 20x that from eu sanctions to get it and she’s found nothing.

She’s going to spend how much building a gas pipeline or an lng plant and she won’t even be able to sell it because it will be sanctioned, stolen gas.

The biggest finds are in the south.

Turkey has embarked on another sunk cost fallacy and the uncalculating irrational tc won’t get naught, not even an angouri.

But turkeys might fly...


...well said.

Like the water and the electricity, money was not spent to quench thirst or bring light; quite the opposite.
User avatar
repulsewarrior
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8440
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:13 am
Location: homeless in Canada

Re: life on the dark side

Postby Lordo » Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:04 pm

lets fsace it if they don't find anything where they are digging they will move till they find some and still if they don't find anything they will take what you boys have found. its the terggish way just like they did in 74. they dismatled all the factories in the north and took them to terggy just like all the farm machinery too. they did not take any pigs though and the donkeys, they left them to you. they had standards.
User avatar
Lordo
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 12252
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: softalar, banana republic


Return to Politics and Elections

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests