The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


example of a shitty country

Everything related to politics in Cyprus and the rest of the world.

example of a shitty country

Postby Lordo » Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:46 am

https://cyprus-mail.com/2019/07/14/the-inexplicable-pardons-that-led-to-events-of-74/?utm_source=projectagora&utm_medium=contentdiscovery


if this is not an example of a shitty country i do not know what is.

never mind the shitty stuff that went on before 1974, lets have a look at the stuff that happened since.
1. Brigadier Demetris Ioannides, the ‘invisible dictator’ who ordered the coup against Makarios was imprisoned for his participation in the April 21, 1967 coup in Greece and for moral instigation of manslaughter in connection with the crushing of the 1973 uprising at the Athens Polytechnic. In other words, his conviction had nothing to do with the coup in Cyprus.

2. Constantinos Kombokis was the commander of commando units that during the coup captured the presidential palace. He left the army in 1975 with the rank of colonel – no harm, no foul.

3. Brigadier Michael Georgitsis, the highest-ranking Greek officer in Cyprus during the coup and the invasion, also left the army in 1975 without any consequences. No harm, no foul again.

4. The same applied to other coupists from Greece – Korkondzelos, Danos, Katsadimas etc.

if this does not describe a shitty country i do not know what does. and before the usual suspect start saying go to terggy, yiu can fuck off too. you go to griiiis if you want to the cypriots belong in cyprus.
User avatar
Lordo
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 21729
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: From the river to the sea, Palestine will be free. Walk on Swine walk on

Re: example of a shitty country

Postby repulsewarrior » Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:51 pm

...no comment on the "TRNC"; it is even shittier, but not a country.
User avatar
repulsewarrior
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 14055
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:13 am
Location: homeless in Canada

Re: example of a shitty country

Postby Sotos » Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:18 pm

I am not going to waste any of my time on Cyprus Mail and Koumoullis.

Cyprus is nowhere as "shitty" as Turkey or the pseudo state, and the Turks are responsible for a lot of the shit that happened and still happens to Cyprus. If the Turks had never occupied Cyprus and we had avoided 4 centuries of Ottoman oppression and the problems that the Turkish minority and Turkey has been creating to Cyprus thereafter, then Cyprus would have been way better today.
User avatar
Sotos
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 11357
Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2005 2:50 am

Re: example of a shitty country

Postby Maximus » Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:08 pm

Sotos wrote:I am not going to waste any of my time on Cyprus Mail and Koumoullis.


Opposing opinions are from Pseudo patriots, yet they try to present themselves as the “voice” of the real Cypriots.

What I don’t get and find strange is why they accommodate foreign imperial nationalist designs in Cyprus. That makes themselves the pseudo patriots.

They are anti their own nationalists, but appease and pander to the view of the foreign nationalist.

Like bordo here, calls himself a Cypriot but is domiciled in an illegal shitty “Turkish Republic”.

Like, how are you not already in “Turkey”? :roll:
Maximus
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 7535
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:23 pm

Re: example of a shitty country

Postby Sotos » Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:13 pm

Cyprus Mail is sponsored by the British and serves the British interests in Cyprus.

From Wikipedia:

In its early years the Cyprus Mail was the main rival to The Cyprus Times (also known as The Times of Cyprus) another English language newspaper founded in Cyprus during the period of British rule. At that time the Cyprus Mail was widely seen to be to the political right of the more socially liberal Cyprus Times, especially in its tendency to oppose Enosis i.e. union with Greece.[5] Due to this opposition to Enosis, it was widely disliked by Greek Cypriots, and circulated mainly among the British colonial administrative and military personnel.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyprus_Mail

So nothing really changed. It is still widely disliked by Greek Cypriots and supported by foreigners.
User avatar
Sotos
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 11357
Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2005 2:50 am

Re: example of a shitty country

Postby Lordo » Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:36 pm

repulsewarrior wrote:...no comment on the "TRNC"; it is even shittier, but not a country.

thats why it escapes the lable of being a shitty country but make no mistake, trnc is not shittier. trnc have not had a coup with murder of hundreds of tcs and nobody brought to justice. when it comes to killing their own kind gcs have superiority on that and when it comes to killing the other side the same again. tcs did not kill women an children of whole villages.

so i am afraid griis and sheeprus are the winners of this here race to be the shittiest country on earth.
User avatar
Lordo
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 21729
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: From the river to the sea, Palestine will be free. Walk on Swine walk on

Re: example of a shitty country

Postby Lordo » Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:39 pm

Maximus wrote:
Sotos wrote:I am not going to waste any of my time on Cyprus Mail and Koumoullis.


Opposing opinions are from Pseudo patriots, yet they try to present themselves as the “voice” of the real Cypriots.

What I don’t get and find strange is why they accommodate foreign imperial nationalist designs in Cyprus. That makes themselves the pseudo patriots.

They are anti their own nationalists, but appease and pander to the view of the foreign nationalist.

Like bordo here, calls himself a Cypriot but is domiciled in an illegal shitty “Turkish Republic”.

Like, how are you not already in “Turkey”? :roll:

what is it you don't get. perhaps i can help you. in 1963 when the tcs were forced into enclaves and road blocks were set with even baby milk being prevented from distribution it was pointed to makarios your loving leader that terggy is helping them and it will give terggy a lot of control in years to come. i don't suppose you know what his reply was. i will not make it easy for you, so go ahead you find it out for yourself asshole. then you may have your answere you are seeking

in the meantime was there something said that was not true asshole.
they murdered their own kind and not even got a trial.
how about that.
lets face it your kind has made heaven into hell. enjoy.
User avatar
Lordo
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 21729
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: From the river to the sea, Palestine will be free. Walk on Swine walk on

Re: example of a shitty country

Postby repulsewarrior » Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:32 am

...you don't have to go back that far Sotos, just the Modern Age is far enough to see that (in affect, the "TRNC",) Turkey has not even accepted the Treaty of Lausanne, let alone moved on from there.

The world has evolved, from then, to understand, Freedom, to mean that there exists a responsibility of Individuals to a larger Family, Humankind. That as Persons, there is Liberty, when as Individuals we trust and respect each other, that as such recognising our diversity is a wealth to be celebrated, an ethnosphere, to be even cared for.

"Turkishness", (and "Greekness"), exclude what ever is not "them". And, "this" must stop.

Cyprus is an example of a shitty country, exactly because of its dysfunction. The Cypriot is not well represented politically, because it is "Greeks" and "Turks" who hold the Agenda to the Problem.

I can say though, at least, that Cyprus is a better country than most because of journalists like Koumoullis, that he exists and has the opportunity to write such a hard piece (for "Greeks") to read without fear, already says a lot. We should admit wrongs; some do. That the People do not riot in the streets against it enraged, (and in denial), that there is no "Leader" to suggest that, that, would be a good thing, also says a lot. Indeed, these are facts, bitter truths, Justice denied, hard to admit because it is shameful; that this dialog is possible about it, is an amazing thing, never mind Freedom of the Press, even an open Web is not permitted in some countries.
User avatar
repulsewarrior
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 14055
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:13 am
Location: homeless in Canada

Re: example of a shitty country

Postby Lordo » Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:38 am

repulsewarrior wrote:...you don't have to go back that far Sotos, just the Modern Age is far enough to see that (in affect, the "TRNC",) Turkey has not even accepted the Treaty of Lausanne, let alone moved on from there.

The world has evolved, from then, to understand, Freedom, to mean that there exists a responsibility of Individuals to a larger Family, Humankind. That as Persons, there is Liberty, when as Individuals we trust and respect each other, that as such recognising our diversity is a wealth to be celebrated, an ethnosphere, to be even cared for.

"Turkishness", (and "Greekness"), exclude what ever is not "them". And, "this" must stop.

Cyprus is an example of a shitty country, exactly because of its dysfunction. The Cypriot is not well represented politically, because it is "Greeks" and "Turks" who hold the Agenda to the Problem.

I can say though, at least, that Cyprus is a better country than most because of journalists like Koumoullis, that he exists and has the opportunity to write such a hard piece (for "Greeks") to read without fear, already says a lot. We should admit wrongs; some do. That the People do not riot in the streets against it enraged, (and in denial), that there is no "Leader" to suggest that, that, would be a good thing, also says a lot. Indeed, these are facts, bitter truths, Justice denied, hard to admit because it is shameful; that this dialog is possible about it, is an amazing thing, never mind Freedom of the Press, even an open Web is not permitted in some countries.

where does it say that everytime somebody writes a piece about gcs or griiks they have to balance it with what happens anywhere else. what stupid pills have pibol taken today.
User avatar
Lordo
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 21729
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: From the river to the sea, Palestine will be free. Walk on Swine walk on

Re: example of a shitty country

Postby repulsewarrior » Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:51 am

Lordo wrote:
repulsewarrior wrote:...no comment on the "TRNC"; it is even shittier, but not a country.

thats why it escapes the lable of being a shitty country but make no mistake, trnc is not shittier. trnc have not had a coup with murder of hundreds of tcs and nobody brought to justice. when it comes to killing their own kind gcs have superiority on that and when it comes to killing the other side the same again. tcs did not kill women an children of whole villages.

so i am afraid griis and sheeprus are the winners of this here race to be the shittiest country on earth.


...the territories in Cyprus illegally occupied is far shittier, unless of course if you are "Turk", and an elite, "they" make private beaches for you.

Can you say asiktir?

...of course your "Turks'' did not go out to find the "Greeks" who did the killing, for Justice to be seen; they just went out and killed some more villagers. You say ''gcs have superiority'', is that an apology for the behaviour of "tc"s? Cowards both the same if you ask me.
User avatar
repulsewarrior
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 14055
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:13 am
Location: homeless in Canada

Next

Return to Politics and Elections

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests