The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


backstop

Everything related to politics in Cyprus and the rest of the world.

Re: backstop

Postby Lordo » Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:16 pm

Kikapu wrote:
Lordo wrote:how many pibol realise the similarity of the backstop with the treaty of guarantee. they are both an insurnance policy. if eu accepts that ireland requires and insurance policy, how can they deny another insurance policy to the tcs. after all insurance policy is what it is, it will only be used if needed.

why are the brits worried about an insurance policy?

should they not have highlighted this situation before the referendum. what do you expect for a couple inbred eaton graduates


TC’s insurance would be the EU, just as it is now in N. Ireland and Éire. What more can the TCs ask for? :wink:

if that s the case how come the irish are demanding an insurance policy, after all southern ireland will be in the eu right?
does that look like sufficent insurance not to demand a backstop?
User avatar
Lordo
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 21729
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: From the river to the sea, Palestine will be free. Walk on Swine walk on

Re: backstop

Postby Kikapu » Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:41 pm

Lordo wrote:
Kikapu wrote:
Lordo wrote:how many pibol realise the similarity of the backstop with the treaty of guarantee. they are both an insurnance policy. if eu accepts that ireland requires and insurance policy, how can they deny another insurance policy to the tcs. after all insurance policy is what it is, it will only be used if needed.

why are the brits worried about an insurance policy?

should they not have highlighted this situation before the referendum. what do you expect for a couple inbred eaton graduates


TC’s insurance would be the EU, just as it is now in N. Ireland and Éire. What more can the TCs ask for? :wink:

if that s the case how come the irish are demanding an insurance policy, after all southern ireland will be in the eu right?
does that look like sufficent insurance not to demand a backstop?

Yes but, the UK won’t be in the EU (maybe). However, the whole of Cyprus is already in the EU and will remain in the EU as long as we have a BBF. If on the other hand there is a 2 state solution where the south is in the EU and the north is not, then your suggestion would be more appropriate, or else, we get Trump to build a wall between the two states! :wink:
User avatar
Kikapu
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 18013
Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2006 6:18 pm

Re: backstop

Postby Lordo » Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:04 pm

Kikapu wrote:
Lordo wrote:
Kikapu wrote:
Lordo wrote:how many pibol realise the similarity of the backstop with the treaty of guarantee. they are both an insurnance policy. if eu accepts that ireland requires and insurance policy, how can they deny another insurance policy to the tcs. after all insurance policy is what it is, it will only be used if needed.

why are the brits worried about an insurance policy?

should they not have highlighted this situation before the referendum. what do you expect for a couple inbred eaton graduates


TC’s insurance would be the EU, just as it is now in N. Ireland and Éire. What more can the TCs ask for? :wink:

if that s the case how come the irish are demanding an insurance policy, after all southern ireland will be in the eu right?
does that look like sufficent insurance not to demand a backstop?

Yes but, the UK won’t be in the EU (maybe). However, the whole of Cyprus is already in the EU and will remain in the EU as long as we have a BBF. If on the other hand there is a 2 state solution where the south is in the EU and the north is not, then your suggestion would be more appropriate, or else, we get Trump to build a wall between the two states! :wink:

why would the north not be in the eu. al the tcs have eu passports. eu has no choice but to accept by international law. they will just demand a border between troc and terggy and there is the sea to help out with that one anyway. why are gcs worried about an insurance policy after all it is being offered by a nato country.
User avatar
Lordo
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 21729
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: From the river to the sea, Palestine will be free. Walk on Swine walk on

Re: backstop

Postby Kikapu » Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:50 pm

Lordo wrote:
Kikapu wrote:
Lordo wrote:
Kikapu wrote:
Lordo wrote:how many pibol realise the similarity of the backstop with the treaty of guarantee. they are both an insurnance policy. if eu accepts that ireland requires and insurance policy, how can they deny another insurance policy to the tcs. after all insurance policy is what it is, it will only be used if needed.

why are the brits worried about an insurance policy?

should they not have highlighted this situation before the referendum. what do you expect for a couple inbred eaton graduates


TC’s insurance would be the EU, just as it is now in N. Ireland and Éire. What more can the TCs ask for? :wink:

if that s the case how come the irish are demanding an insurance policy, after all southern ireland will be in the eu right?
does that look like sufficent insurance not to demand a backstop?

Yes but, the UK won’t be in the EU (maybe). However, the whole of Cyprus is already in the EU and will remain in the EU as long as we have a BBF. If on the other hand there is a 2 state solution where the south is in the EU and the north is not, then your suggestion would be more appropriate, or else, we get Trump to build a wall between the two states! :wink:

why would the north not be in the eu. al the tcs have eu passports. eu has no choice but to accept by international law. they will just demand a border between troc and terggy and there is the sea to help out with that one anyway. why are gcs worried about an insurance policy after all it is being offered by a nato country.

The only reason the TCs have a European citizenship and Passports, is through the RoC. If there is a two state solutions, the RoC will retain it’s position as a EU member state and the north would become an independent sovereign state under trnc, who has never been an EU member state and nor will it ever. The only question that will remain to solve is, what happens to the TCs as citizens of the RoC. If the RoC can revoke most, if not all TCs as RoC citizens, hence EU citizens, then the TCs would then become only the citizens of the trnc and no longer citizens of the RoC and no longer citizens of the EU until if and when the trnc can negotiate to become a EU member state. Good luck that getting an approval from the RoC and Greece, not to mention the rest of the EU members since they know Turkey would use the EU state trnc to manipulate the EU. I believe the TCs born in Cyprus before 1974 May have a case with the ECHR for them to retain their RoC citizenship, hence retain their EU citizenship. It is what is agreed to during the negotiations to form two state agreements.
User avatar
Kikapu
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 18013
Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2006 6:18 pm

Re: backstop

Postby Lordo » Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:24 pm

we'll cross that bridge when we come to it shall we, first let gcs accept an independent tc state and the rest will resolve itself.
User avatar
Lordo
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 21729
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: From the river to the sea, Palestine will be free. Walk on Swine walk on

Re: backstop

Postby B25 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:34 pm

Lordo wrote:we'll cross that bridge when we come to it shall we, first let gcs accept an independent tc state and the rest will resolve itself.


In your fucking dreams matey!

If the crossing points and the green line BS setup is good enough for the corrupt EU then they can apply the same logic to Irelend N and S.
User avatar
B25
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 6543
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:03 pm
Location: ** Classified **

Re: backstop

Postby Kikapu » Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:46 pm

Lordo wrote:we'll cross that bridge when we come to it shall we, first let gcs accept an independent tc state and the rest will resolve itself.

Well, I don’t think there will be a bridge to cross anywhere at anytime, because the RoC has no interest in having a two state solution as it serves no purpose for it except to lose 1/3 of the island indefinitely to Turkey and neither would Turkey would want to see a two independent states in Cyprus since Turkey wants to control the whole island through a negotiated settlement like the Annan Plan. All in all, don’t wait for a two state solution as it is not going to happen. Just ask the Palestinians on how their two state prospects are going?
User avatar
Kikapu
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 18013
Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2006 6:18 pm

Re: backstop

Postby Lordo » Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:47 pm

Kikapu wrote:
Lordo wrote:we'll cross that bridge when we come to it shall we, first let gcs accept an independent tc state and the rest will resolve itself.

Well, I don’t think there will be a bridge to cross anywhere at anytime, because the RoC has no interest in having a two state solution as it serves no purpose for it except to lose 1/3 of the island indefinitely to Turkey and neither would Turkey would want to see a two independent states in Cyprus since Turkey wants to control the whole island through a negotiated settlement like the Annan Plan. All in all, don’t wait for a two state solution as it is not going to happen. Just ask the Palestinians on how their two state prospects are going?

it was you who suggested it, make your mind up.
User avatar
Lordo
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 21729
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: From the river to the sea, Palestine will be free. Walk on Swine walk on

Re: backstop

Postby Lordo » Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:49 pm

B25 wrote:
Lordo wrote:we'll cross that bridge when we come to it shall we, first let gcs accept an independent tc state and the rest will resolve itself.


In your fucking dreams matey!

If the crossing points and the green line BS setup is good enough for the corrupt EU then they can apply the same logic to Irelend N and S.

wash de madder you not like it? its for your own good. you will be safe from that nasty big bad terggish woolf.
User avatar
Lordo
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 21729
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: From the river to the sea, Palestine will be free. Walk on Swine walk on

Re: backstop

Postby Lordo » Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:53 pm

this reminds me of ibrahim aziz, who never left his village even in 193 never mind 74. remained in the groc all his life but was not allowed to vote in elections becasue he was terggish cypriot. so much for eu protecting his rights, he had to take groc to eu court and it took many years before eu felt he was wronged and awarded him costs and punished groc for 1000 euros.

if thats the kind of insurance eu gives us they know what to do with it. i feel sorry for the migrants who are bonded in groc and are treated no better than slaves.they are not evensecond or third class citizens.
User avatar
Lordo
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 21729
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: From the river to the sea, Palestine will be free. Walk on Swine walk on

PreviousNext

Return to Politics and Elections

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest