The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


anti-semitism in labour

Everything related to politics in Cyprus and the rest of the world.

Re: anti-semitism in labour

Postby Robin Hood » Mon Dec 09, 2019 8:07 pm

Getting back to the OP ................. :roll:
Paphitis:
Oh and talking about lies hey....well here is the leaked report which has been filed with the ECHR.

You Corbynistas are an absolute disgrace to support such vitriol against innocent people and members of your Labour Movement just because they are JEWISH.

This is just another reason why Labour is going to get demolished.

https://www.scribd.com/document/4383670 ... o-the-EHRC

And yes, IT IS ANTI-ANTISEMITISM alright.

I actually read this ..... all 53 Pages! I doubt you did and if you did you didn’t understand it?

My conclusion is, that apart from a few nasty remarks by individuals, most of which were dealt with by the Party, most of the JLM complaints are only possible if the IHRA definition, and all eleven examples of 'antisemitism' are applied ...... and most of them are not anti-Semitic as they include remarks made about Zionists, Zionism, bankers, media etc and of course, any criticism of Israel. I have no problem with agreeing their concept of anti-Semitism ......... it’s the examples that make it an all encompassing statement that distorts that basic concept. Try reading this:

https://www.holocaustremembrance.com/working-definition-antisemitism

A fundamental principal held by Labour and by Corbyn personally, is that there is no place for anti-Semitism in the Labour movement or for any form of racism based on race, religion, ethnicity, colour or creed.

So explain why it is necessary for a separate 'Jewish' movement within the Labour party, The Jewish Labour Movement, that is explicitly and exclusively for Jews? Anti-Semitism is already covered within the rules of the Labour movement and designed to resist racism and the Party does take action against anti-Semitism. The JLV organisation can therefore only be for the protection of the Zionists and their interests NOT protection for the Jewish people living in the UK. If you like, JLV are (or would like to be) a mini version of AIPAC which virtually rules every political aspect of what goes on in the US. :o

So this exclusive movement creates a ‘special’ environment. But it is not for Jews, as they are already protected, but clearly for the insidious covert inclusion of protection for Zionism and cover for Israeli crimes under the same umbrella and all promoted as anti-Semitism ..... which, contrary to you, I do not believe exists in any significant extent within the Labour Party.

The whole MSM attack on ‘anti-Semitic’ Labour is purely political, as I have remarked before, as the principals of a socialist Labour Party is a threat to Elite/Zionist/Israeli interests, that all hide behind Judaism to protect their own interests but only succeed in giving Jews a 'bad name'! :x
Robin Hood
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 3865
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 7:18 pm
Location: Limassol

Re: anti-semitism in labour

Postby Paphitis » Tue Dec 10, 2019 12:43 am

Robin Hood wrote:Getting back to the OP ................. :roll:
Paphitis:
Oh and talking about lies hey....well here is the leaked report which has been filed with the ECHR.

You Corbynistas are an absolute disgrace to support such vitriol against innocent people and members of your Labour Movement just because they are JEWISH.

This is just another reason why Labour is going to get demolished.

https://www.scribd.com/document/4383670 ... o-the-EHRC

And yes, IT IS ANTI-ANTISEMITISM alright.

I actually read this ..... all 53 Pages! I doubt you did and if you did you didn’t understand it?

My conclusion is, that apart from a few nasty remarks by individuals, most of which were dealt with by the Party, most of the JLM complaints are only possible if the IHRA definition, and all eleven examples of 'antisemitism' are applied ...... and most of them are not anti-Semitic as they include remarks made about Zionists, Zionism, bankers, media etc and of course, any criticism of Israel. I have no problem with agreeing their concept of anti-Semitism ......... it’s the examples that make it an all encompassing statement that distorts that basic concept. Try reading this:

https://www.holocaustremembrance.com/working-definition-antisemitism

A fundamental principal held by Labour and by Corbyn personally, is that there is no place for anti-Semitism in the Labour movement or for any form of racism based on race, religion, ethnicity, colour or creed.

So explain why it is necessary for a separate 'Jewish' movement within the Labour party, The Jewish Labour Movement, that is explicitly and exclusively for Jews? Anti-Semitism is already covered within the rules of the Labour movement and designed to resist racism and the Party does take action against anti-Semitism. The JLV organisation can therefore only be for the protection of the Zionists and their interests NOT protection for the Jewish people living in the UK. If you like, JLV are (or would like to be) a mini version of AIPAC which virtually rules every political aspect of what goes on in the US. :o

So this exclusive movement creates a ‘special’ environment. But it is not for Jews, as they are already protected, but clearly for the insidious covert inclusion of protection for Zionism and cover for Israeli crimes under the same umbrella and all promoted as anti-Semitism ..... which, contrary to you, I do not believe exists in any significant extent within the Labour Party.

The whole MSM attack on ‘anti-Semitic’ Labour is purely political, as I have remarked before, as the principals of a socialist Labour Party is a threat to Elite/Zionist/Israeli interests, that all hide behind Judaism to protect their own interests but only succeed in giving Jews a 'bad name'! :x


No you are right, I didn't read it as I don't have the time but I did read a couple of pages here and there.

And there are many striking things I found. The Jewish Labour Movement, a movement that is or at least was very much on side with the Labour Party representing over 2500 Jewish members and supporters of the Labour Party has made some very striking allegations which for me and for every other person I know, equates to anti-antisemitism.

They have gone to the point of plodding with the ECHR and have statements from members within the Labour Party.

These Jewish members have every right to air their grievances against this racism and abuse like everyone else. They have the same Human Rights as anyone else.

The matter is now before the ECHR and the allegations are serious and point to institutional anti-antisemitism.

This does not appear to be dumb founded to me so don't shoot the messenger. The allegations have come from people who are very much Labour supporters. From Zionists probably who have backed the Labour Party and dedicated their lives to the Labour Movement.

It's very damning.

You say that the Labour Party has dealt with it. The only way to deal with such debauchery is ZERO TOLERANCES. Forget theat the target of the vitriol is Jewish for a second. They could be Southern Europeans, Blacks or Middle Eastern. Any racism against any groups no matter who by such nasty individuals should be met with immediate expulsion of the perpetrators and report them to police.

Only then can the Labour Party shield itself and say they are serious about tackling these issues. Lip service isn't enough I'm afraid.

Nw compare this to the Tories who do not have such issues for now. If they did, and they were revealed to the public, then the Tories as well should expel those responsible and report them to the police.

Threatening members and their families with violence is a police matter imo. Such threats in the political sphere must be taken as serious.

Racism does exist unfortunately and it is thriving and in the cut and thrust of politics it is more evident.
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 27226
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Re: anti-semitism in labour

Postby Lordo » Wed Dec 11, 2019 5:57 pm

now i have not heard from the good rabbi about anti-semetism in america but just in case he does not understand what it means, here is a prime example in a country where the president's son-in-law and advisor is jewish. so clearly may be he is right, there is no anti-semetism in ameriga.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-50747374
User avatar
Lordo
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 14200
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: softalar, banana republic

Re: anti-semitism in labour

Postby cyprusgrump » Wed Dec 11, 2019 6:04 pm

Lordo wrote:now i have not heard from the good rabbi about anti-semetism in america but just in case he does not understand what it means, here is a prime example in a country where the president's son-in-law and advisor is jewish. so clearly may be he is right, there is no anti-semetism in ameriga.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-50747374



BorDoh wrote:It is worse somewhere else so it doesn't matter what Labour do...


:roll:
User avatar
cyprusgrump
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8180
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2005 4:35 pm
Location: Pissouri, Cyprus

Re: anti-semitism in labour

Postby Lordo » Wed Dec 11, 2019 6:18 pm

cyprusgrump wrote:
Lordo wrote:now i have not heard from the good rabbi about anti-semetism in america but just in case he does not understand what it means, here is a prime example in a country where the president's son-in-law and advisor is jewish. so clearly may be he is right, there is no anti-semetism in ameriga.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-50747374



BorDoh wrote:It is worse somewhere else so it doesn't matter what Labour do...


:roll:

naaaa itis not worse somewhere ese you silly arse. there itis real, here it is created by the zionists because they can't stand the idea that a person who supports palastenians is about to become pm. i mean thats a first right. have we ever had a pm that was not friendly with israel? why the fak do we have to be friends with the zionists. we hate all the racists so why should we like zionists who are essentially racists.


here is finklstein to tell you about anti-semetism in the labour party.

User avatar
Lordo
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 14200
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: softalar, banana republic

Re: anti-semitism in labour

Postby cyprusgrump » Wed Dec 11, 2019 6:32 pm

Lordo wrote:
cyprusgrump wrote:
Lordo wrote:now i have not heard from the good rabbi about anti-semetism in america but just in case he does not understand what it means, here is a prime example in a country where the president's son-in-law and advisor is jewish. so clearly may be he is right, there is no anti-semetism in ameriga.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-50747374



BorDoh wrote:It is worse somewhere else so it doesn't matter what Labour do...


:roll:

naaaa itis not worse somewhere ese you silly arse. there itis real, here it is created by the zionists because they can't stand the idea that a person who supports palastenians is about to become pm. i mean thats a first right. have we ever had a pm that was not friendly with israel? why the fak do we have to be friends with the zionists. we hate all the racists so why should we like zionists who are essentially racists.


here is finklstein to tell you about anti-semetism in the labour party.




Dishonest, semi-literate swill produced for self-consumption only. Far too stupid to convince anyone with the remotest grip on the facts (or reality). :roll:

It’s not that you’re full of shit, Bordo. It’s that you’re so stupid about being full of shit. :wink:
User avatar
cyprusgrump
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8180
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2005 4:35 pm
Location: Pissouri, Cyprus

Re: anti-semitism in labour

Postby Lordo » Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:06 pm

cyprusgrump wrote:
Lordo wrote:
cyprusgrump wrote:
Lordo wrote:now i have not heard from the good rabbi about anti-semetism in america but just in case he does not understand what it means, here is a prime example in a country where the president's son-in-law and advisor is jewish. so clearly may be he is right, there is no anti-semetism in ameriga.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-50747374



BorDoh wrote:It is worse somewhere else so it doesn't matter what Labour do...


:roll:

naaaa itis not worse somewhere ese you silly arse. there itis real, here it is created by the zionists because they can't stand the idea that a person who supports palastenians is about to become pm. i mean thats a first right. have we ever had a pm that was not friendly with israel? why the fak do we have to be friends with the zionists. we hate all the racists so why should we like zionists who are essentially racists.


here is finklstein to tell you about anti-semetism in the labour party.




Dishonest, semi-literate swill produced for self-consumption only. Far too stupid to convince anyone with the remotest grip on the facts (or reality). :roll:

It’s not that you’re full of shit, Bordo. It’s that you’re so stupid about being full of shit. :wink:

did you understand a single verd ze professori said? what are you? a stupid kant.
User avatar
Lordo
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 14200
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: softalar, banana republic

Re: anti-semitism in labour

Postby Paphitis » Thu Dec 12, 2019 1:20 am

Lordo wrote:
cyprusgrump wrote:
Lordo wrote:
cyprusgrump wrote:
Lordo wrote:now i have not heard from the good rabbi about anti-semetism in america but just in case he does not understand what it means, here is a prime example in a country where the president's son-in-law and advisor is jewish. so clearly may be he is right, there is no anti-semetism in ameriga.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-50747374



BorDoh wrote:It is worse somewhere else so it doesn't matter what Labour do...


:roll:

naaaa itis not worse somewhere ese you silly arse. there itis real, here it is created by the zionists because they can't stand the idea that a person who supports palastenians is about to become pm. i mean thats a first right. have we ever had a pm that was not friendly with israel? why the fak do we have to be friends with the zionists. we hate all the racists so why should we like zionists who are essentially racists.


here is finklstein to tell you about anti-semetism in the labour party.




Dishonest, semi-literate swill produced for self-consumption only. Far too stupid to convince anyone with the remotest grip on the facts (or reality). :roll:

It’s not that you’re full of shit, Bordo. It’s that you’re so stupid about being full of shit. :wink:

did you understand a single verd ze professori said? what are you? a stupid kant.


From Russia Today. :lol:

Even more reason to vote against Labour!
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 27226
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Re: anti-semitism in labour

Postby Robin Hood » Thu Dec 12, 2019 5:44 pm

Paphitis

From Russia Today. :lol: Even more reason to vote against Labour!

Instead of forming your opinions from sources you know will echo the same propaganda as you do, maybe you should broaden your view of the news and consider other’s views? :roll:

If you have ever watched RT the one big difference between it and the Western media is that you will find very few anti-Western stories on RT. The fact is that they tend not to criticise the West ........ they just point out the parts of the news the MSM misses out when they create their stories for the ‘headline-scanning-masses’ to soak up, which is why you are so badly informed....... not to mention your being a rabid ‘anti-Russian’!
Jeremy Corbyn faces Russiagate smear campaign before UK vote

December 11, 2019 "Information Clearing House" - Just before British elections, the UK’s military-intelligence apparatus is smearing Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn with evidence-free Russiagate allegations. NATO-funded “researchers” are claiming that leaked documents publicized by Corbyn that exposed secret US-UK talks over the British health service are in fact the result of a Russian disinformation campaign. The Russia-baiting against Corbyn comes as the Labour leader also faces an ongoing campaign to smear him with fake charges of anti-Semitism. The Grayzone’s Max Blumenthal discusses the British and US government-tied forces behind the anti-Corbyn effort, and how Bernie Sanders could be next.

Aaron Maté: Those of us on the Left who have been critical of Russiagate have long warned that it will be used to attack progressives and progressive values. In the US, we’ve seen that with attempts to tie Bernie Sanders, Jill Stein, Tulsi Gabbard, and other dissident voices to Russian influence. And now in Britain we are seeing perhaps one of the most blatant cases of Russia-baiting to date. Just days before British elections, the UK’s military-intelligence apparatus is smearing Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn with evidence-free allegations. This latest attempt began after Corbyn publicized leaked documents exposing secret talks between Britain’s Conservative government and the US to privatize Britain’s National Health Service (NHS) as part of the Brexit deal. The revelation undermined the claim of Prime Minister Boris Johnson – who is Corbyn’s opponent — that the NHS was not up for negotiation.

Jeremy Corbyn: We’ve now got evidence that under Boris Johnson, the NHS is on the table and will be up for sale. The U.S. is demanding that our NHS is on the table in negotiations for a toxic deal. It’s already being talked about in secret. That could lead to runaway privatization of our health service. Mega-corporations see Johnson’s alliance with Trump as a chance to make billions from the illness and sickness of people in this country.

http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/52690.htm


Note that the criticism in the next one is about the broadened definition of Anti-Semitism (IHRA)’ ........ which is why ‘antisemitism’ (The broader version) is used to define the new so called anti-Semitism in the Labour party! Revert to the original description and the EHIC claims against Corbyn and Labour cannot be considered as anti-Semitic!
Rights groups slam Trump's plan to sign anti-Semitism order

Critics say expected executive order will violate free speech rights and unfairly target the BDS movement. By Jihan Abdalla

December 11, 2019 "Information Clearing House" - Palestinian groups, free speech advocates and liberal Jewish organisations blasted, on Wednesday, US President Donald Trump's plan to reportedly sign an executive order that would threaten to withhold federal funding from educational institutions that fail to combat a broadened definition of anti-Semitism.

According to the New York Times, which first reported the plan, the Trump administration is expected to effectively redefine Judaism as a race or nationality. It will also direct the Department of Education to consider the State Department's definition of anti-Semitism when evaluating complaints of discrimination under Title VI of the 1964 Civil Rights Act, which prohibits discrimination "on the ground of race, colour or national origin" but not religion.

The State Department's working definition of anti-Semitism, initially adopted by the International Holocaust Remembrance Alliance, has long been criticised as being overly broad. It defines "anti-Semitism is a certain perception of Jews, which may be expressed as hatred toward Jews." It also says manifestations of anti-Semitism "might include the targeting of the state of Israel, conceived as a Jewish collectivity" but "criticism of Israel similar to that levelled against any other country cannot be regarded as anti-Semitic."

http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/52694.htm


If you want to find out what is really going on you need to look at the story from different aspects ...... not just the one that 'clicks' with you. :roll:
Robin Hood
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 3865
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 7:18 pm
Location: Limassol

Re: anti-semitism in labour

Postby Paphitis » Thu Dec 12, 2019 6:14 pm

Sorry RH, but I don't read anything from the criminal Pootin mouthpiece from Russia known as RT. I don't care what they have to say or who they support because its propaganda and fake news.

It's also against my religion!

I will look at various Greek Media outlets, Euronews, DW, Guardian, Telegraph, The Australian, WP, NYT, The Age, and many other private small time vloggers to give me perspective, but I would never touch RT with a 10 foot pole from a country that equals Turkey in terms of press freedom and also because the Russian State is responsible for murdering dozens of journalists that did not toe the line.

Russia just does not have the press freedom and press pluralism we enjoy in the west.

Russia is probably on par with the likes of Turkey. 2 peas in a pod!

The UK has a far better freedom of the press and much greater press pluralism by a factor of 100! To compare the Russian media to anything we have in the west is actually an insult to our intelligence.

Plus you are one to talk. You seem to only post links from sources that you agree with - the links you post are an absolute joke, whereas I actually do read many sources I may not agree with - such as the Guardian and other outlets like them. Outlets which enjoy the freedoms the UK provides and which just do not exist in Russia no matter how you want to dice it.

I have no problem with reading articles I don't agree with and I will always still support those outlets and their right to say or push a viewpoint different to my own, because we are real democracies in the West with complete human rights, and freedom of the press.
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 27226
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Previous

Return to Politics and Elections

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests