The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


Russian “Democracy”

Everything related to politics in Cyprus and the rest of the world.

Russian “Democracy”

Postby Londonrake » Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:22 pm

Russian government resigns as Putin plans future https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-51120166

Pitter, patter. Pitter, patter.............. :lol:
Londonrake
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 1891
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:19 pm
Location: ROC

Re: Russian “Democracy”

Postby Robin Hood » Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:08 am

Now for the reality ............

Now why would any sensible country want to see the end of a Presidency with this record of achievement, even if he did decide to allow the Office of President to have no limit to the number of terms the elected President could serve? The official release does not even mention this as an intent, in fact he is taking power from the Presidency and giving it to The Dumma ...... only the BBC and the MSM follow this hypothetical 'power grab' as the primary intent. :roll:

That is tantamount to getting rid of the CEO of a very successful Company, who personally made it an overwhelming success, just so that another person could have their turn to be the Boss.

Now twenty years later, how did Putin do it?
Reality .......

Twenty years ago a not very well-known Vladimir Putin published an essay "Russia at the turn of the millennium". It was printed in Nezavisimaya Gazeta and at the Russian government website. The only copy that I can find on the Net in English now is here but I will be referring to the official English translation and Russian text that I downloaded at the time.

Putin had been Prime Minister for about five months and, when Yeltsin resigned the day after the publication of this essay, he became Acting President. Since that day his team has been running Russia. It is reasonable to regard this essay as his program and, on its twenty-year anniversary, appropriate to see how well he (and his team - it's not a one-man operation) have done.

https://www.sott.net/article/427096-Now-twenty-years-later-how-did-Putin-do-it

As an afterword, given the repetitive scare stories about the return of Stalin, here's what Putin said about the Soviet period (Note: this is the official English translation; it takes some liberties with the original but is true to the spirit).

"For almost three-fourths of the outgoing century Russia lived under the sign of the implementation of the communist doctrine. It would be a mistake not to see and, even more so, to deny the unquestionable achievements of those times. But it would be an even bigger mistake not to realise the outrageous price our country and its people had to pay for that Bolshevist experiment. What is more, it would be a mistake not to understand its historic futility. Communism and the power of Soviets did not make Russia a prosperous country with a dynamically developing society and free people. Communism vividly demonstrated its inaptitude for sound self-development, dooming our country to a steady lag behind economically advanced countries. It was a road to a blind alley, which is far away from the mainstream of civilisation."



..... and all the West can come up with to counter him is Donald and Boris! :lol: :lol: :lol: No contest? :roll:
Robin Hood
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 3730
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 7:18 pm
Location: Limassol

Re: Russian “Democracy”

Postby Londonrake » Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:29 pm

Well, there’s a surprise.

In rushes the forum’s resident useful idiot. Armed with support from an opinion shop, faithfully parroting absolutely every edict that’s come out of Russia/Iran/Syria/N Korea for the past 10 years - as opposed to those who can’t “think outside the box”. :lol:

Putin, who’s held absolute power (aka dictator) for 20 years, intends to change the Russian constitution in order to continue beyond the current statutory 2024 date. The Duma will overrule it of course. :lol:

Nothing wrong with that. :roll:

What a total, predictable wanker you are. :lol:
Londonrake
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 1891
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:19 pm
Location: ROC

Re: Russian “Democracy”

Postby cyprusgrump » Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:44 pm

Londonrake wrote:Well, there’s a surprise.

In rushes the forum’s resident useful idiot. Armed with support from an opinion shop, faithfully parroting absolutely every edict that’s come out of Russia/Iran/Syria/N Korea for the past 10 years - as opposed to those who can’t “think outside the box”. :lol:

Putin, who’s held absolute power (aka dictator) for 20 years, intends to change the Russian constitution in order to continue beyond the current statutory 2024 date. The Duma will overrule it of course. :lol:

Nothing wrong with that. :roll:

What a total, predictable wanker you are. :lol:



Tea >>> keyboard :lol:
User avatar
cyprusgrump
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 7708
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2005 4:35 pm
Location: Pissouri, Cyprus

Re: Russian “Democracy”

Postby yialousa1971 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:46 pm

Londonrake wrote:Russian government resigns as Putin plans future https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-51120166

Pitter, patter. Pitter, patter.............. :lol:


Those who believe in the so called modern “Democracy” two party system are morons.

Image
User avatar
yialousa1971
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 6043
Joined: Sat Aug 30, 2008 2:55 pm
Location: With my friends on the Cyprus forum

Re: Russian “Democracy”

Postby yialousa1971 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:56 pm

:D Looks like Vladimir is on the right track. :mrgreen:
President of Russia Vladimir Putin: Members of the Federation Council, State Duma deputies, fellow Russians,

............................


Second, I suggest formalising at the constitutional level the obligatory requirements for those who hold positions of critical significance for national security and sovereignty. More precisely, the heads of the constituent entities, members of the Federation Council, State Duma deputies, the prime minister and his/her deputies, federal ministers, heads of federal agencies and judges should have no foreign citizenship or residence permit or any other document that allows them to live permanently in a foreign state.

The goal and mission of state service is to serve the people, and those who enter this path must know that by doing this they inseparably connect their lives with Russia and the Russian people without any assumptions and allowances.

Requirements must be even stricter for presidential candidates. I suggest formalising a requirement under which presidential candidates must have had permanent residence in Russia for at least 25 years and no foreign citizenship or residence permit and not only during the election campaign but at any time before it too.
User avatar
yialousa1971
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 6043
Joined: Sat Aug 30, 2008 2:55 pm
Location: With my friends on the Cyprus forum

Re: Russian “Democracy”

Postby repulsewarrior » Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:09 am



...the richest man in the world?
User avatar
repulsewarrior
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8842
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:13 am
Location: homeless in Canada

Re: Russian “Democracy”

Postby Robin Hood » Fri Jan 17, 2020 7:42 am

yialousa1971 wrote::D Looks like Vladimir is on the right track. :mrgreen:
President of Russia Vladimir Putin: Members of the Federation Council, State Duma deputies, fellow Russians,

............................


Second, I suggest formalising at the constitutional level the obligatory requirements for those who hold positions of critical significance for national security and sovereignty. More precisely, the heads of the constituent entities, members of the Federation Council, State Duma deputies, the prime minister and his/her deputies, federal ministers, heads of federal agencies and judges should have no foreign citizenship or residence permit or any other document that allows them to live permanently in a foreign state.

The goal and mission of state service is to serve the people, and those who enter this path must know that by doing this they inseparably connect their lives with Russia and the Russian people without any assumptions and allowances.

Requirements must be even stricter for presidential candidates. I suggest formalising a requirement under which presidential candidates must have had permanent residence in Russia for at least 25 years and no foreign citizenship or residence permit and not only during the election campaign but at any time before it too.


But of course the US is a Democracy ..... so it couldn't possibly happen there! :lol:

If this restriction, and it is a perfectly sound one, was applied in the US Constitution, the Senate and the Congress would be empty. An estimated 80%+ of the members of these esteemed government institutions are dual US/Israeli citizens ..... it is virtually a requirement for the job. Whilst applicants going for seats have to declare almost everything else about themselves when standing for Office, the one thing they do not have to declare is that they hold dual Nationality! :roll:

I wonder how many are of dual US/Russian Nationality? :lol: :lol:
Robin Hood
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 3730
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 7:18 pm
Location: Limassol

Re: Russian “Democracy”

Postby CBBB » Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:41 am

Robin Hood wrote:
yialousa1971 wrote::D Looks like Vladimir is on the right track. :mrgreen:
President of Russia Vladimir Putin: Members of the Federation Council, State Duma deputies, fellow Russians,

............................


Second, I suggest formalising at the constitutional level the obligatory requirements for those who hold positions of critical significance for national security and sovereignty. More precisely, the heads of the constituent entities, members of the Federation Council, State Duma deputies, the prime minister and his/her deputies, federal ministers, heads of federal agencies and judges should have no foreign citizenship or residence permit or any other document that allows them to live permanently in a foreign state.

The goal and mission of state service is to serve the people, and those who enter this path must know that by doing this they inseparably connect their lives with Russia and the Russian people without any assumptions and allowances.

Requirements must be even stricter for presidential candidates. I suggest formalising a requirement under which presidential candidates must have had permanent residence in Russia for at least 25 years and no foreign citizenship or residence permit and not only during the election campaign but at any time before it too.


But of course the US is a Democracy ..... so it couldn't possibly happen there! :lol:

If this restriction, and it is a perfectly sound one, was applied in the US Constitution, the Senate and the Congress would be empty. An estimated 80%+ of the members of these esteemed government institutions are dual US/Israeli citizens ..... it is virtually a requirement for the job. Whilst applicants going for seats have to declare almost everything else about themselves when standing for Office, the one thing they do not have to declare is that they hold dual Nationality! :roll:

I wonder how many are of dual US/Russian Nationality? :lol: :lol:


This is a couple of years old, but it doesn't look like 80%+ to me, or am I using fake maths?

https://conservative-headlines.org/89-o ... th-israel/
User avatar
CBBB
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 11513
Joined: Tue May 20, 2008 1:15 pm
Location: Centre of the Universe

Re: Russian “Democracy”

Postby Paphitis » Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:24 pm

CBBB wrote:
Robin Hood wrote:
yialousa1971 wrote::D Looks like Vladimir is on the right track. :mrgreen:
President of Russia Vladimir Putin: Members of the Federation Council, State Duma deputies, fellow Russians,

............................


Second, I suggest formalising at the constitutional level the obligatory requirements for those who hold positions of critical significance for national security and sovereignty. More precisely, the heads of the constituent entities, members of the Federation Council, State Duma deputies, the prime minister and his/her deputies, federal ministers, heads of federal agencies and judges should have no foreign citizenship or residence permit or any other document that allows them to live permanently in a foreign state.

The goal and mission of state service is to serve the people, and those who enter this path must know that by doing this they inseparably connect their lives with Russia and the Russian people without any assumptions and allowances.

Requirements must be even stricter for presidential candidates. I suggest formalising a requirement under which presidential candidates must have had permanent residence in Russia for at least 25 years and no foreign citizenship or residence permit and not only during the election campaign but at any time before it too.


But of course the US is a Democracy ..... so it couldn't possibly happen there! :lol:

If this restriction, and it is a perfectly sound one, was applied in the US Constitution, the Senate and the Congress would be empty. An estimated 80%+ of the members of these esteemed government institutions are dual US/Israeli citizens ..... it is virtually a requirement for the job. Whilst applicants going for seats have to declare almost everything else about themselves when standing for Office, the one thing they do not have to declare is that they hold dual Nationality! :roll:

I wonder how many are of dual US/Russian Nationality? :lol: :lol:


This is a couple of years old, but it doesn't look like 80%+ to me, or am I using fake maths?

https://conservative-headlines.org/89-o ... th-israel/


The USA is to be congratulated on allowing this and in my opinion it is a marker of true democracy that dual citizens are allowed to hold high office there.

In Australia, you are not allowed to have dual citizenship and be a Member of Parliament (Federal) or a Senator. Just recently, a dual citizen of NZ was forced to resign from parliament. Also, 2 other MPs were forced to resign because they were dual Australian/British citizens. And another MP was forced to resign because they were entitled to dual citizenship and did not send a letter renouncing those rights from the other country.

Which in effect prohibits millions of Aussies from holding high office. For example, all migrants are forbidden from holding office, and all their children are also precluded from holding office in Australia because they may be citizens or entitled to citizenship from other countries. That means no Brit, no American, No Greek, and no Cypriots can hold office. Only those with no connection whatsoever to another country can hold office.

I am not allowed to hold office in Australia unless I send a letter to the RoC surrendering and renouncing all citizenship rights to Cyprus. Same with my wife and children.

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-n ... ineligible

So the USA is fairer in allowing migrant US citizens to hold office.

You see, it's easy to take pot shots at the USA but let me ask this.

Is the US system fairer or is the Australian system fairer? Which is more democratic? The Australian System or the US system?

I'm not one to bag Australia because I love Australia dearly. It's the best country in the world. It's better than the US in my opinion, but in this case I think the US has trumps over Australia, and should be congratulated as once again setting a very high benchmark in civil rights and democracy.

there are so many things the yanks have that they should be proud of in my opinion. Bill of Rights being one of those things. Ultimate freedom and the ultimate democracy. Certainly shits all over Russia. And those who disagree can go live there but I bet they will be back in a flash.
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 25608
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm


Return to Politics and Elections

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests