The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


Things that make you cry.

Feel free to talk about anything that you want.

Re: Things that make you cry.

Postby Kikapu » Tue Feb 11, 2020 3:15 pm

MR-from-NG wrote:
Kikapu wrote:For me, one of the most “tear jerking” movie scenes is in the almost ending of “The Bridges of Madison County”, when Meryl Streep is trying to build courage to jump out of her husband’s pickup truck into Clint Eastwood’s pickup truck stopped in front of them at a red light in a pouring rain after their 4 days of romance while the husband and their two teenagers were away. No matter how many times I have seen that movie, (many many times) tears come pouring down.

I don't remember seeing that film but I'll never forget the scene where Liam Neeson is beating himself up for buying a new car and regretting not saving more lives with the money he spent on it in Schindler's List. I totally lost control and cried until I had no tears left.

At this scene where the husband’s pickup truck is behind Eastwood’s at the red light and when the light changes to green, Eastwood still sitting there and after few seconds the husband comments “what is he waiting for” as Merly Streep knows too well what he is waiting for as she reaches for the car’s door handle to open the door, but she doesn’t. After few honks by the husband, Eastwood makes a left turn and drives off as Streep follows it with her eyes through the back window of the pickup and starts to cry herself, but the husband has no idea why as he asks her what’s wrong.

MR, you got to see this movie. I’m sure your wife will too enjoy it. Don’t forget the box of Kleenex! :D
User avatar
Kikapu
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 14460
Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2006 6:18 pm

Re: Things that make you cry.

Postby MR-from-NG » Tue Feb 11, 2020 3:48 pm

Kikapu wrote:
MR-from-NG wrote:
Kikapu wrote:For me, one of the most “tear jerking” movie scenes is in the almost ending of “The Bridges of Madison County”, when Meryl Streep is trying to build courage to jump out of her husband’s pickup truck into Clint Eastwood’s pickup truck stopped in front of them at a red light in a pouring rain after their 4 days of romance while the husband and their two teenagers were away. No matter how many times I have seen that movie, (many many times) tears come pouring down.

I don't remember seeing that film but I'll never forget the scene where Liam Neeson is beating himself up for buying a new car and regretting not saving more lives with the money he spent on it in Schindler's List. I totally lost control and cried until I had no tears left.

At this scene where the husband’s pickup truck is behind Eastwood’s at the red light and when the light changes to green, Eastwood still sitting there and after few seconds the husband comments “what is he waiting for” as Merly Streep knows too well what he is waiting for as she reaches for the car’s door handle to open the door, but she doesn’t. After few honks by the husband, Eastwood makes a left turn and drives off as Streep follows it with her eyes through the back window of the pickup and starts to cry herself, but the husband has no idea why as he asks her what’s wrong.

MR, you got to see this movie. I’m sure your wife will too enjoy it. Don’t forget the box of Kleenex! :D

I will make a note of that Kicks. My wife will definitely be up for it. She always chooses to watch films that end up in tears where as I choose films to be entertained and laugh. :oops:
MR-from-NG
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 3141
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2006 4:58 pm

Re: Things that make you cry.

Postby Maximus » Tue Feb 11, 2020 6:37 pm

MR-from-NG wrote:
Maximus wrote::lol:

she doesn't want to see you sobbing like a 14 year old girl.

:lol: :lol: Come on Max, man up and tell us what gets your tears running :lol: :lol: And please do not politicise this thread :lol:


Well, in my opinion, its not very manly to cry.

I dont know but what I do know is that you should do it without letting anyone see you, except for maybe at a funeral.

I know what you mean about music though. Music carries a certain vibration and energy that can resonate in so many ways and strike certain cords with your emotions.
Maximus
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 5156
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:23 pm

Re: Things that make you cry.

Postby Kikapu » Tue Feb 11, 2020 7:03 pm

Maximus wrote:
MR-from-NG wrote:
Maximus wrote::lol:

she doesn't want to see you sobbing like a 14 year old girl.

:lol: :lol: Come on Max, man up and tell us what gets your tears running :lol: :lol: And please do not politicise this thread :lol:


Well, in my opinion, its not very manly to cry.

I dont know but what I do know is that you should do it without letting anyone see you, except for maybe at a funeral.

I know what you mean about music though. Music carries a certain vibration and energy that can resonate in so many ways and strike certain cords with your emotions.

It has nothing to do about gender. It is purely an emotional thing, either something one might relate to a similar personal experience, or just get sucked into the flow of the movie. Not too complicated. :D
User avatar
Kikapu
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 14460
Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2006 6:18 pm

Re: Things that make you cry.

Postby Maximus » Tue Feb 11, 2020 7:06 pm

yeah I get that.

male or female, they are both human with emotions but try crying in front of a women and see how quickly you turn her off.

Cry in public under the wrong circumstances and see how quickly you will be criticized or judged as a man.

Thats all I am saying.
Maximus
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 5156
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:23 pm

Re: Things that make you cry.

Postby cyprusgrump » Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:07 pm

MR-from-NG wrote:Since there's not much happening on here and not much discussed on the Cyprus issue I thought I'd start a thread on things that get my salty waters running.

I just took a drive to Muswell Hill to check on the progress of a car I'm having re-upholstered. On my return I heard a song and I just couldn't hold back the tears.

here's a list of things that get me in this embarrassing state.

Anything on TV about Ayrton Senna, Otis Redding, J.F Kennedy and Elvis will get my tears flowing. On radio the song "Still In Love With You" by Thin Lizzy will get me crying too. I have a CD of Thin Lizzy in every car I own, if I'm in the car with my wife and this song comes up my wife will immediately skip to the next track as she knows what it will do to me.

I wonder if you go through such emotions with certain things and if you could share it on here?


What a gayer... :roll:

The foul-mouthed ruffian of the forum turns out to be a cry-baby... :lol:
User avatar
cyprusgrump
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 7745
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2005 4:35 pm
Location: Pissouri, Cyprus

Re: Things that make you cry.

Postby Kikapu » Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:45 am

MR-from-NG wrote:
Kikapu wrote:
MR-from-NG wrote:
Kikapu wrote:For me, one of the most “tear jerking” movie scenes is in the almost ending of “The Bridges of Madison County”, when Meryl Streep is trying to build courage to jump out of her husband’s pickup truck into Clint Eastwood’s pickup truck stopped in front of them at a red light in a pouring rain after their 4 days of romance while the husband and their two teenagers were away. No matter how many times I have seen that movie, (many many times) tears come pouring down.

I don't remember seeing that film but I'll never forget the scene where Liam Neeson is beating himself up for buying a new car and regretting not saving more lives with the money he spent on it in Schindler's List. I totally lost control and cried until I had no tears left.

At this scene where the husband’s pickup truck is behind Eastwood’s at the red light and when the light changes to green, Eastwood still sitting there and after few seconds the husband comments “what is he waiting for” as Merly Streep knows too well what he is waiting for as she reaches for the car’s door handle to open the door, but she doesn’t. After few honks by the husband, Eastwood makes a left turn and drives off as Streep follows it with her eyes through the back window of the pickup and starts to cry herself, but the husband has no idea why as he asks her what’s wrong.

MR, you got to see this movie. I’m sure your wife will too enjoy it. Don’t forget the box of Kleenex! :D

I will make a note of that Kicks. My wife will definitely be up for it. She always chooses to watch films that end up in tears where as I choose films to be entertained and laugh. :oops:


Don’t worry, this film has lots of laughing moments too. Ok, no more giveaways! :D
User avatar
Kikapu
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 14460
Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2006 6:18 pm

Re: Things that make you cry.

Postby MR-from-NG » Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:23 pm

Kikapu wrote:
MR-from-NG wrote:
Kikapu wrote:
MR-from-NG wrote:
Kikapu wrote:For me, one of the most “tear jerking” movie scenes is in the almost ending of “The Bridges of Madison County”, when Meryl Streep is trying to build courage to jump out of her husband’s pickup truck into Clint Eastwood’s pickup truck stopped in front of them at a red light in a pouring rain after their 4 days of romance while the husband and their two teenagers were away. No matter how many times I have seen that movie, (many many times) tears come pouring down.

I don't remember seeing that film but I'll never forget the scene where Liam Neeson is beating himself up for buying a new car and regretting not saving more lives with the money he spent on it in Schindler's List. I totally lost control and cried until I had no tears left.

At this scene where the husband’s pickup truck is behind Eastwood’s at the red light and when the light changes to green, Eastwood still sitting there and after few seconds the husband comments “what is he waiting for” as Merly Streep knows too well what he is waiting for as she reaches for the car’s door handle to open the door, but she doesn’t. After few honks by the husband, Eastwood makes a left turn and drives off as Streep follows it with her eyes through the back window of the pickup and starts to cry herself, but the husband has no idea why as he asks her what’s wrong.

MR, you got to see this movie. I’m sure your wife will too enjoy it. Don’t forget the box of Kleenex! :D

I will make a note of that Kicks. My wife will definitely be up for it. She always chooses to watch films that end up in tears where as I choose films to be entertained and laugh. :oops:


Don’t worry, this film has lots of laughing moments too. Ok, no more giveaways! :D

Mentioned it to my wife and it's already on our "to watch list". Thanks Kicks :wink:
MR-from-NG
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 3141
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2006 4:58 pm

Re: Things that make you cry.

Postby MR-from-NG » Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:25 pm

cyprusgrump wrote:
MR-from-NG wrote:Since there's not much happening on here and not much discussed on the Cyprus issue I thought I'd start a thread on things that get my salty waters running.

I just took a drive to Muswell Hill to check on the progress of a car I'm having re-upholstered. On my return I heard a song and I just couldn't hold back the tears.

here's a list of things that get me in this embarrassing state.

Anything on TV about Ayrton Senna, Otis Redding, J.F Kennedy and Elvis will get my tears flowing. On radio the song "Still In Love With You" by Thin Lizzy will get me crying too. I have a CD of Thin Lizzy in every car I own, if I'm in the car with my wife and this song comes up my wife will immediately skip to the next track as she knows what it will do to me.

I wonder if you go through such emotions with certain things and if you could share it on here?


What a gayer... :roll:

The foul-mouthed ruffian of the forum turns out to be a cry-baby... :lol:

:lol: :lol: Why you coffin dodging senile cunt :lol: :lol:
I wonder how many times you cried during your time in the army? Unless of course you were in the kitchen preparing real soldiers meals :lol: :lol:
MR-from-NG
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 3141
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2006 4:58 pm

Re: Things that make you cry.

Postby cyprusgrump » Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:52 pm

MR-from-NG wrote:
cyprusgrump wrote:
MR-from-NG wrote:Since there's not much happening on here and not much discussed on the Cyprus issue I thought I'd start a thread on things that get my salty waters running.

I just took a drive to Muswell Hill to check on the progress of a car I'm having re-upholstered. On my return I heard a song and I just couldn't hold back the tears.

here's a list of things that get me in this embarrassing state.

Anything on TV about Ayrton Senna, Otis Redding, J.F Kennedy and Elvis will get my tears flowing. On radio the song "Still In Love With You" by Thin Lizzy will get me crying too. I have a CD of Thin Lizzy in every car I own, if I'm in the car with my wife and this song comes up my wife will immediately skip to the next track as she knows what it will do to me.

I wonder if you go through such emotions with certain things and if you could share it on here?


What a gayer... :roll:

The foul-mouthed ruffian of the forum turns out to be a cry-baby... :lol:

:lol: :lol: Why you coffin dodging senile cunt :lol: :lol:
I wonder how many times you cried during your time in the army? Unless of course you were in the kitchen preparing real soldiers meals :lol: :lol:



I'd give a pithy reply - but I'd be worried that you'd burst into tears! :lol: :lol: :lol:
User avatar
cyprusgrump
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 7745
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2005 4:35 pm
Location: Pissouri, Cyprus

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest