The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


Netanyahu to go on trial

Everything related to politics in Cyprus and the rest of the world.

Re: Netanyahu to go on trial

Postby cyprusgrump » Sun May 24, 2020 5:07 pm

erolz66 wrote:
cyprusgrump wrote:I'm shocked, (shocked I tells ya!) that you didn't use the Posts Per Day statistics... :roll:

...and shocked you didn't mention I've been a member 8 years longer than you... :roll:

Not shocked really of course, this is just another example of your selective posting and obfuscation that riddles almost everything you put on here! :lol:


Shooting fish in a barrel.

I simply used my latest ID for expediency and convenience to make my point even though if I used all my consecutive ID's then my case would have been even STRONGER on the very stats you say I am manipulating by selection lol. Still just so you can see how even more wrong your are here are the stats

erolz
Joined:Mon Aug 02, 2004 6:00 pm
Total posts:2414
(0.28% of all posts / 0.42 posts per day)

erolz3
Total posts:435
(0.05% of all posts / 0.11 posts per day)

erolz66
Total posts:3716
(0.42% of all posts / 1.57 posts per day)


Over all three ID's
Total posts:6565
(0.25% of all posts / 0.7 posts per day) (adding three above together and / 3)
Total mentions of Israel in my posts across all three IDs - 13

So in FACT I have been posting here LONGER than you, have mentioned Israel the same number of times as you (13) and 115 times less than Paphitis who also joined AFTER me. My average % of 'all posts' across my 3 consecutive ID's is lower than yours and my average of posts per day is ALSO lower than yours. And Londonrake's. And Paphitis.

These are the facts.

So what we really see here, rather than an example of how I use numbers selectively to suit my case is in fact is how you will avoid the point being made when it does not suit you, to make up spurious excuses as to why your are ignoring the point being made because the point being made shows just how badly wrong you were and are and you inability to accept how wrong you were and are.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:



ErLoLolz66 makes more posts per day than me. FACT.

Get over yourself...

You really could start an argument in an empty room couldn't you...? :roll:

...perhaps with one of your multiple personas... :lol:
User avatar
cyprusgrump
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8182
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2005 4:35 pm
Location: Pissouri, Cyprus

Re: Netanyahu to go on trial

Postby erolz66 » Sun May 24, 2020 5:09 pm

For the hard of understanding MY point was and is

When someone attacks a poster for being the 'forum expert' using a specific example of Israel or attacks them for ' spending, it seems, hours every day, devoted to' the forum and the plain facts show that the person being accused is no worse or is in fact better than the accusers and 115 better than another forum poster that the attackers ignore entirely, you can be pretty dam sure the attacks are NOT about the thing they claim to be about but ARE just about the attackers having it in for a given poster.

It is not rocket science.
Last edited by erolz66 on Sun May 24, 2020 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
erolz66
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 4158
Joined: Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:31 pm

Re: Netanyahu to go on trial

Postby cyprusgrump » Sun May 24, 2020 5:11 pm

And just a reminder of your original point...

erolz66 wrote:Forum stats

erolz66 - (0.42% of all posts)
cyprusgrump - (0.91% of all posts)
Londonrake - (0.25% of all posts) - if only the forum counted how many of those were nothing more than ad hominem attacks or jokes ;)
Paphitis - (3.03% of all posts)


See, you just make it up as you go along... :roll:

It isn't Rocket Science ErLolz... :wink:
User avatar
cyprusgrump
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8182
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2005 4:35 pm
Location: Pissouri, Cyprus

Re: Netanyahu to go on trial

Postby erolz66 » Sun May 24, 2020 5:17 pm

cyprusgrump wrote:ErLoLolz66 makes more posts per day than me. FACT.

Get over yourself...


This after your claim Sweden is not showing highest deaths per head of population and accusations that I selectively take the numbers that suit and your talk of my need to look up hypocrisy. :lol:

cyprusgrump wrote:...perhaps with one of your multiple personas... :lol:


From day one I have posted here and in fact on every forum I have ever used using a shortened version of my real world singular identity and have never hidden who I really am and have NEVER posted using a ID that seeks to obscure what I say from my real world identity or any previous IDs I may have used before on the forum or any other. Something few others can lay claim to hey CG ?

GR are you out there ? You are forum expert on such things I think, have you ever seen a poster so thoroughly crushed in such a short series of posts on this forum ? :lol:

Maybe CG, just maybe , if you were not so far up yourself you might not walk in to such embarrassing situations by throwing around accusations against anyone who dares to disagree with you too much ;)
erolz66
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 4158
Joined: Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:31 pm

Re: Netanyahu to go on trial

Postby erolz66 » Sun May 24, 2020 5:20 pm

cyprusgrump wrote:And just a reminder of your original point...


A standard tactic of those with little to no real argument. Tell the other person what their point is. It's call straw man arguing. You are a forum expert in terms of degree and frequency.
erolz66
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 4158
Joined: Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:31 pm

Re: Netanyahu to go on trial

Postby cyprusgrump » Sun May 24, 2020 5:23 pm

erolz66 wrote:
cyprusgrump wrote:ErLoLolz66 makes more posts per day than me. FACT.

Get over yourself...


This after your claim Sweden is not showing highest deaths per head of population and accusations that I selectively take the numbers that suit and your talk of my need to look up hypocrisy. :lol:

cyprusgrump wrote:...perhaps with one of your multiple personas... :lol:


From day one I have posted here and in fact on every forum I have ever used using a shortened version of my real world singular identity and have never hidden who I really am and have NEVER posted using a ID that seeks to obscure what I say from my real world identity or any previous IDs I may have used before on the forum or any other. Something few others can lay claim to hey CG ?

GR are you out there ? You are forum expert on such things I think, have you ever seen a poster so thoroughly crushed in such a short series of posts on this forum ? :lol:

Maybe CG, just maybe , if you were not so far up yourself you might not walk in to such embarrassing situations by throwing around accusations against anyone who dares to disagree with you too much ;)



Embarrassing...?

You made this claim: -

erolz66 wrote:Forum stats

erolz66 - (0.42% of all posts)
cyprusgrump - (0.91% of all posts)
Londonrake - (0.25% of all posts) - if only the forum counted how many of those were nothing more than ad hominem attacks or jokes ;)
Paphitis - (3.03% of all posts)


And you were proven wrong.

You also made the Sweden claim and were proven wrong...

You also tried to hide the suicide figures by a Straw Man argument but were wrong...

Need I go on...?

Every post is straw man or obfuscation (or both), selective facts, over and over...

Yet you claim to be 'the seeker of truth'... :roll:

What a joke you are! :lol:

I'm off out to dinner with friends* BTW, feel free to argue with one of your multiple personalities while I am gone... :wink:














* you probably need to look that up, try Google. 8)
User avatar
cyprusgrump
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8182
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2005 4:35 pm
Location: Pissouri, Cyprus

Re: Netanyahu to go on trial

Postby Get Real! » Sun May 24, 2020 5:32 pm

Londonrake wrote:You know, I appreciate you stand like a colossus over this - “your” - forum. Spending, it seems, hours every day, devoted to it. However, you’re not obliged to pass comment on every post. You always have the option to take yourself away. Or words to that effect.

Erol is correct… no point in starting a thread to post a link unless you’ve got something relevant to say about it.

And no need to showcase your bitchy streak when you’ve been rightly corrected!
User avatar
Get Real!
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 43129
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:25 am
Location: Nicosia

Re: Netanyahu to go on trial

Postby Get Real! » Sun May 24, 2020 5:38 pm

Londonrake wrote:Ahh, but you're not being fair. He didn't say you posted a lot on Israel but more inferred you regard yourself as the expert on every subject you broach. Seems fair enough a comment to me.

I did wonder about the stats actually. Perhaps I've got it wrong but your's seem to work out at less than two posts a day. That's patently ridiculous. Two an hour would be more realistic. You never seem out of here.

"Ad hominem". Yep, calling a spade a spade and isn't that what you just did? :wink: As far as jokes are concerned - you don't seem to do much in the way of humour. Which, given also the inordinate amount of time you spend in here, gives the impression that you're a bit of a sad and lonely person, seeking solace and a modicum of respect in the ephemeral world of social media. A particularly small bit of it.

Fish in a barrel? Do you really think that? Again, it adds weight to my view that to you it's all about winning the argument rather than the subject. Shooting others down, that is, bludgeoning them with post after post until they expire of exasperation. Or "stubbornness", which you seem to regard as a virtue. I don't actually feel shot down and doubt GR or Paphitis does, either.

You do have a hang up about smileys. Among the others that is.

Erol is in fact perfect forum material; knowledgeable, argumentative, stubborn, persistent, relentless, hair splitting, etc, etc... :lol:
User avatar
Get Real!
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 43129
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:25 am
Location: Nicosia

Re: Netanyahu to go on trial

Postby erolz66 » Sun May 24, 2020 5:53 pm

cyprusgrump wrote:
You made this claim: -

erolz66 wrote:Forum stats

erolz66 - (0.42% of all posts)
cyprusgrump - (0.91% of all posts)
Londonrake - (0.25% of all posts) - if only the forum counted how many of those were nothing more than ad hominem attacks or jokes ;)
Paphitis - (3.03% of all posts)


And you were proven wrong.


Those stats are entirely 100 % correct. That is fact

When I posted them to refute Londonrake's claim that I seem to spend hours every day devoted to the forum - you then accused me, having already ignored being proven WRONG re your FIRST accusation against me being an 'Israeli Politics' forum expert, of ' selective posting and obfuscation that riddles almost everything you put on here' because I did not ALSO post 'Posts Per Day statistics' AND wrongly claiming you had been a member here 8 years longer than me.

So I then posted the very stats YOU asked for and implied I had NOT used because they did not suit and lo and behold they show even more how wrong both your and Londonrake's attacks against me were than the original 'selective' FACTS I first posted.

cyprusgrump wrote:You also made the Sweden claim and were proven wrong...


My facts about Sweden were not wrong if you take the time period I was using. They were wrong if you took the time period you were using. My facts in this case proved you wrong what ever time period you take and yet you still tried to argue that just taking your selective time period you were not wrong. The first figures I put up proved you and londonrake were attacking me for things that at worse I was not worse than you at and at best considerably better at and was over 8 to 100 times better than Paphitis at. The second figures, over the total time period of all my contributions here (like taking Sweden's year to date figures), I put up under your attack that I was using 'selective figures' proved you even MORE wrong.

And some here say I have a problem being able to accept when I am wrong :lol: :lol: :lol:

Just about everything,if not everything you accuse me off CG, including hypocrisy, you plainly and demonstrably do to a greater degree than me and with more frequency than me as far as I am concerned. I would be surprised if that was not as clear to many other people as it is to me.

Shooting fish in a barrel.
erolz66
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 4158
Joined: Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:31 pm

Re: Netanyahu to go on trial

Postby Londonrake » Sun May 24, 2020 5:55 pm

Get Real! wrote:
Londonrake wrote:You know, I appreciate you stand like a colossus over this - “your” - forum. Spending, it seems, hours every day, devoted to it. However, you’re not obliged to pass comment on every post. You always have the option to take yourself away. Or words to that effect.

Erol is correct… no point in starting a thread to post a link unless you’ve got something relevant to say about it.

And no need to showcase your bitchy streak when you’ve been rightly corrected!


You’re right. I Took it the wrong way and apologise.

Generally, I will treat people as they do me. I think E does have a problem in accepting the fact he’s wrong on some things. FWIW
Londonrake
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 2700
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:19 pm
Location: ROC

PreviousNext

Return to Politics and Elections

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests