The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


Kiakpu: a Kibrea really told the police downunder to FO

Feel free to talk about anything that you want.

Re: Kiakpu: a Kibrea really told the police downunder to FO

Postby boomerang » Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:35 am

just so we are clear of the law in victoria...

https://www.legalaid.vic.gov.au/find-legal-answers/police-powers-and-your-rights/speaking-to-police

this is not a matter knowing the law...the cop was a dumb ass...he could have asked her to pull over and given her a fine...
and another and another if she continued...police have been issuing fines all along...
User avatar
boomerang
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 7312
Joined: Sat May 14, 2005 5:56 am

Re: Kiakpu: a Kibrea really told the police downunder to FO

Postby Paphitis » Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:22 pm

boomerang wrote:just so we are clear of the law in victoria...

https://www.legalaid.vic.gov.au/find-legal-answers/police-powers-and-your-rights/speaking-to-police

this is not a matter knowing the law...the cop was a dumb ass...he could have asked her to pull over and given her a fine...
and another and another if she continued...police have been issuing fines all along...


Yeh but there seems to be a movement of COVID deniers that are really giving the police a hard time...like that women that went into Bunnings in Melbourne without a mask. The staff told her to put one on before entering and she went into tirade mode and police had to attend. When the police attended, she started to unleash on the cops.

They gave her a fine of $200 for not wearing a mask. But she kept saying stuff like she doesn't recognize their authority and so on and she asked for their names and badge numbers (which they gave her) and threatened to sue them individually.

Same with this young lady. I actually feel sorry for her and hope she is ok even though she was a bit of a prat. The reason is, the media released her identity and the public have been arseholes. I actually fear for her because people are cruel. To me, she is just a young silly girl. But at the end of the day, doesn't deserve the vitriol she is getting. As a result, I think the courts whould be lenient and careful not to ruin a young girl's life. Just teach her a small lesson and give her a fine and good behavior bond perhaps. That's presuming she is guilty of something which only the courts can decide.

I think the police have the right to ask for ID and your address at one of the check points under the State of Emergency rules because of COVID. They got no choice Boomers otherwise it's going to get out of control if it isn't already and that is going to be devastating for everyone economically, with our jobs, businesses, and of course the health impacts and death.

Some people are not cooperating. you guys over in Melbourne are in deep shit. The way it's going, you will have over a thousand new cases per day. Sydney might be next. Hopefully the other states don't follow suit but COVID could be incubating as we speak.
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 26906
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Re: Kiakpu: a Kibrea really told the police downunder to FO

Postby Paphitis » Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:39 pm

Kikapu wrote:There are people who call themselves “sovereign citizens” which they take it to mean that the laws do not apply to them and get themselves into trouble with the police. The irony is, this is how the police act, like a “sovereign citizen” and a smart person who know their rights can turn the tables on the cops. We must support all those people who challenge any authority which goes beyond their official authorities when applying the law, because, after all they are meant to be upholding the law and not break them or impose their will on the citizens unlawfully. When you are within the law, you must challenge these cunts who try to abuse your rights knowingly because they have been getting away with it for years, but in recent years, they are being checked with videos and the cunt cops don’t like it.

There are good cops too, but many do not intervene when bad cops act like cunts so that they are not labeled breaking the “thin blue line brotherhood ”. Keeping police accountable should be everyone’s duty, therefore, when challenging the police authority, do so by not breaking the law yourself. Sure some are falsely arrested and abused by the police, but for the most part, charges are dropped by the district attorney or the courts. Sometimes it even becomes a case law as the case was with Turner vs. Driver in the Federal appeals court. Turner was the auditor and Driver was the police sergeant who had violated Turner’s rights. I wish well for those in Australia challenging the authorities as long as they do so within the law.





yes that is the movement I am talking about. they call themselves sovereign citizens and they have done their homework. They have leaders that have studied the law, but they actually misinterpret it a lot. They are in effect barking up the wrong tree.

They are also extremely arrogant from the outset and quite rude. I don't believe it is necessary to treat cops like that, or challenge them when they ask for ID at a COVID Road Block. They don't like doing this far more than us having to pull over. And we certainly don't like to be restricted in our homes for 6 weeks like in Melbourne. But the police officers have the same restrictions as the rest of us. They are not allowed out of their homes unless it's to go to work, do some shopping or get some exercise.

I think there are many more bad people just being very arrogant, which is unnecessary than there are bad cops.

I've gone through a few check points at airports, up until 2 weeks ago when I lost my currency and am therefore stood down again until I get checked. Never found the cops rude or arrogant. They just ask for reason of travel and your papers. Yes it isn't pleasant like it use to be but we all understand why. You answer their 2 questions, provide ID and your letter from employer. Then you line up for a temperature check and another 2 or 3 questions - do you have a temperature, have you lost your sense of small and/or taste, do you have difficulty breathing? They take your temperature, they may lecture you about isolating and that's it. You're on your way.
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 26906
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Re: Kiakpu: a Kibrea really told the police downunder to FO

Postby Tim Drayton » Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:55 pm

Comment by Peter Hitchens on the latest assault on fundamental rights and freedoms in Australia, followed by an interesting thread:

https://twitter.com/ClarkeMicah/status/ ... 4632348672
User avatar
Tim Drayton
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8678
Joined: Sat Jul 21, 2007 1:32 am
Location: Limassol/Lemesos

Re: Kiakpu: a Kibrea really told the police downunder to FO

Postby Paphitis » Mon Aug 03, 2020 3:05 pm

Tim Drayton wrote:Comment by Peter Hitchens on the latest assault on fundamental rights and freedoms in Australia, followed by an interesting thread:

https://twitter.com/ClarkeMicah/status/ ... 4632348672


Yes but they have a catastrophe in the making in Victoria. The way things are going, if the spread isn't somehow reduced from current levels, Melbourne is well on its way to being a global hotspot. Not quite there yet. A month ago, they were getting single digit numbers. Now, 700 per day. All in the one city of Melbourne.

Restrictions or no restrictions, you want want to take precautions getting out of your front gate.

Over the borders, COVID has virtually been eliminated or in single digits.

What else do you want them to do?
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 26906
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Re: Kiakpu: a Kibrea really told the police downunder to FO

Postby Tim Drayton » Mon Aug 03, 2020 3:32 pm

Paphitis wrote:
Tim Drayton wrote:Comment by Peter Hitchens on the latest assault on fundamental rights and freedoms in Australia, followed by an interesting thread:

https://twitter.com/ClarkeMicah/status/ ... 4632348672


Yes but they have a catastrophe in the making in Victoria. The way things are going, if the spread isn't somehow reduced from current levels, Melbourne is well on its way to being a global hotspot. Not quite there yet. A month ago, they were getting single digit numbers. Now, 700 per day. All in the one city of Melbourne.

Restrictions or no restrictions, you want want to take precautions getting out of your front gate.

Over the borders, COVID has virtually been eliminated or in single digits.

What else do you want them to do?


All because seven people died, three aged in their 70's, two in their 80's and one in their 90's?
User avatar
Tim Drayton
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8678
Joined: Sat Jul 21, 2007 1:32 am
Location: Limassol/Lemesos

Re: Kiakpu: a Kibrea really told the police downunder to FO

Postby Paphitis » Wed Aug 05, 2020 3:04 am

Tim Drayton wrote:
Paphitis wrote:
Tim Drayton wrote:Comment by Peter Hitchens on the latest assault on fundamental rights and freedoms in Australia, followed by an interesting thread:

https://twitter.com/ClarkeMicah/status/ ... 4632348672


Yes but they have a catastrophe in the making in Victoria. The way things are going, if the spread isn't somehow reduced from current levels, Melbourne is well on its way to being a global hotspot. Not quite there yet. A month ago, they were getting single digit numbers. Now, 700 per day. All in the one city of Melbourne.

Restrictions or no restrictions, you want want to take precautions getting out of your front gate.

Over the borders, COVID has virtually been eliminated or in single digits.

What else do you want them to do?


All because seven people died, three aged in their 70's, two in their 80's and one in their 90's?


They have had something like 100 deaths in 10 days. Exponential growth in Melbourne right now. In fact, it’s gone ballistic. Melbourne’s numbers are worse than what they were for all of Australia in the first wave.

It’s definitely a big concern.

But I understand the other side of the argument. Another 250,000 people will lose their jobs. That aside from the 250,000 previously. Lives will be destroyed. People’s futures wiped out. People losing their businesses, homes and who will fall below poverty. This is the other side of it which scares me more than the virus itself.

Just the other day, I heard a statistic on Sky News. This is Australia’s Fox News. They are not typical of the normal media. For starters, they seem to be Trump supporters. Talk about going against the grain. I watch them because they inform on matters the MSM will not dare.

In the month of April, Australia had 500 more deaths. About 20 of those were from COVID. The other 400 odd, were suicides.

They went on to say that Australia’s suicide rate will increase by 1500 people. But no one talks about it apart from non mainstream outlets. We have only had about 250 actual COVID deaths, but we have more due to suicide.

So yeh, that’s the other side of it. And because of this cost, I don’t like restrictions. But this is the path Australia wants to take so we have to cooperate and stop the spread like we have done before. If we can’t, then I’m afraid, life has to go back to normal for everyone, and go down the herd immunity path.
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 26906
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Previous

Return to General Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests