The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


The US Election Thread: Trump Lives Matter

Everything related to politics in Cyprus and the rest of the world.

Re: The US Election Thread: Trump Lives Matter

Postby Kikapu » Fri Mar 19, 2021 8:09 pm

Maximus wrote:CNN, the "fake news" channel are hemorrhaging 1 million views a day. Their viewership is down 50% since Trump left office.

Same as twitter, people were only logging in for Trumps tweets.

Both of these organizations loved to hate him and now that "they" have got rid of him, they are going to live to regret it.

Reminds me of a saying, be careful what you wish for.

Yes, since the election, and same for Fox News also.

The election was like having sex. Once orgasm has been reached, then quietly fall asleep. :lol:
User avatar
Kikapu
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 16351
Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2006 6:18 pm

Re: The US Election Thread: Trump Lives Matter

Postby repulsewarrior » Fri Mar 19, 2021 9:11 pm



"...the Hallmark of our Leadership", what Blinken says.

Those who think that Biden is but a puppet are mistaken.

There is no man alive who is better equipped to unify the Senate and Congress, "enough", to get things done; he has been doing exactly this his whole life.

...what makes a Trumpist think that "their" President is that much younger? In four years, do they think he won't be Biden's age today? New blood Biden has plenty. Indeed, it is as it should be; if he lives or dies, is not important.

...ratings are down, for News, generally speaking i imagine. What can be said is that Trump as President drew greater ratings (for all of them (and many more)). Imagine he "won" the greatest Presidential victory, more votes than any other President before him, and yet Biden won having more votes than him, and the electoral college that's needed. The People it seems, care. And as a result, as Americans, they are confronting the fact that their divisive nature serves neither.

...interesting times, i am very hopeful.
User avatar
repulsewarrior
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 10305
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:13 am
Location: homeless in Canada

Re: The US Election Thread: Trump Lives Matter

Postby Londonrake » Fri Mar 19, 2021 9:25 pm

repulsewarrior wrote:"...the Hallmark of our Leadership", what Blinken says.

Those who think that Biden is but a puppet are mistaken.

There is no man alive who is better equipped to unify the Senate and Congress, "enough", to get things done; he has been doing exactly this his whole life.

...what makes a Trumpist think that "their" President is that much younger? In four years, do they think he won't be Biden's age today? New blood Biden has plenty. Indeed, it is as it should be; if he lives or dies, is not important.

...ratings are down, for News, generally speaking i imagine. What can be said is that Trump as President drew greater ratings (for all of them (and many more)). Imagine he "won" the greatest Presidential victory, more votes than any other President before him, and yet Biden won having more votes than him, and the electoral college that's needed. The People it seems, care. And as a result, as Americans, they are confronting the fact that their divisive nature serves neither.

...interesting times, i am very hopeful.


Not much research shows that Biden's been on the wrong side of just about every foreign policy decision for the past 40 years.

Despite all the rhetoric Biden isn't unifying. There's a concerted effort, directed from Washington, throughout all state organs to purge "Racist" "Sexist" "White supremacists". That's a poor euphemism for Trump supporters. It has the makings of an - at least cultural - civil war. You're throwing petrol on the embers.

Again - why keep going on about Trump? The man's gone. He's an ex parrot.
Londonrake
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 2854
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:19 pm
Location: ROC

Re: The US Election Thread: Trump Lives Matter

Postby Londonrake » Fri Mar 19, 2021 9:26 pm

Kikapu wrote:
Londonrake wrote:I earlier said that Biden was obviously a decent human being. That's certainly not an accolade I would reserve for Donald Trump.

Politics of course is much about sustaining a high profile. When it comes to Trump IMHO you - and millions of "get even" people just like you - are daily doing just that. Your efforts on this forum are a macrocosm.

If nature doesn't intervene and the man comes back to bite in 2024 - I will of course remind you. :wink: :D

Being an American citizen, we can only see things differently. It is just the way it is. It is also not about getting even, but rather, not to forget so that it can never happen again. It does not reach to the same level as other world events in history which must never be forgotten either, which is why we still talk about it today so it is not forgotten.

In Chaos Theory, it is the tiny things. “A butterfly flaps its wings in the Amazonian jungle, and subsequently a storm ravages half of Europe”. :wink:

After all, how else would Trump have lost the election, someone well known throughout the world and had also served as president for 4 years? :wink:


Sorry - you would force me to use the "O" word again there. :wink:
Londonrake
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 2854
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:19 pm
Location: ROC

Re: The US Election Thread: Trump Lives Matter

Postby Londonrake » Fri Mar 19, 2021 10:21 pm

Biden boarding Airforce One today. From the rabidly left wing Guardian.

It's a bit heartbreaking to watch this stuff but - despite the protective denial - I think unfortunately we're going to see a lot more of it.

There's a 15 second nause ad before:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/vid ... -one-video

.
Londonrake
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 2854
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:19 pm
Location: ROC

Re: The US Election Thread: Trump Lives Matter

Postby Kikapu » Fri Mar 19, 2021 10:43 pm

Londonrake wrote:Biden boarding Airforce One today. From the rabidly left wing Guardian.

It's a bit heartbreaking to watch this stuff but - despite the protective denial - I think unfortunately we're going to see a lot more of it.

There's a 15 second nause ad before:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/vid ... -one-video

.

The idiot was showboating by jogging up the steps and tripped.

Nothing to do with his ability to walk up the steps in a reasonable manner.
User avatar
Kikapu
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 16351
Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2006 6:18 pm

Re: The US Election Thread: Trump Lives Matter

Postby Londonrake » Fri Mar 19, 2021 10:52 pm

Did you get the bit about protective denial?

There's going to be a regular diet of this stuff. :(
Londonrake
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 2854
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:19 pm
Location: ROC

Re: The US Election Thread: Trump Lives Matter

Postby repulsewarrior » Sat Mar 20, 2021 12:03 am

Londonrake wrote:
repulsewarrior wrote:"...the Hallmark of our Leadership", what Blinken says.

Those who think that Biden is but a puppet are mistaken.

There is no man alive who is better equipped to unify the Senate and Congress, "enough", to get things done; he has been doing exactly this his whole life.

...what makes a Trumpist think that "their" President is that much younger? In four years, do they think he won't be Biden's age today? New blood Biden has plenty. Indeed, it is as it should be; if he lives or dies, is not important.

...ratings are down, for News, generally speaking i imagine. What can be said is that Trump as President drew greater ratings (for all of them (and many more)). Imagine he "won" the greatest Presidential victory, more votes than any other President before him, and yet Biden won having more votes than him, and the electoral college that's needed. The People it seems, care. And as a result, as Americans, they are confronting the fact that their divisive nature serves neither.

...interesting times, i am very hopeful.


Not much research shows that Biden's been on the wrong side of just about every foreign policy decision for the past 40 years.

Despite all the rhetoric Biden isn't unifying. There's a concerted effort, directed from Washington, throughout all state organs to purge "Racist" "Sexist" "White supremacists". That's a poor euphemism for Trump supporters. It has the makings of an - at least cultural - civil war. You're throwing petrol on the embers.

Again - why keep going on about Trump? The man's gone. He's an ex parrot.


...you may be referring to this subject,

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2 ... joe-biden/

...anyone may set fire to these embers; civil war, yes this is the risk, with what causes them to burn: living in denial, that America changes bettering itself.

Trump is the subject of much news; while the wheels of Justice may turn slowly, (unstoppable they are), give them time.
User avatar
repulsewarrior
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 10305
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:13 am
Location: homeless in Canada

Re: The US Election Thread: Trump Lives Matter

Postby Paphitis » Sat Mar 20, 2021 10:24 pm

Kikapu wrote:
Londonrake wrote:
From my - distant - perspective it seems to be the case that Trump isn’t in the freezer because (the Royal) you won’t put him there.


I think you have this all back-to-front LR. It is not up to me to put Trump in the freezer, but rather, it is up to Trump to put himself in the freezer. As long as he is out of the freezer, he is a fair game to crap on him.

Actually, Trump is one of those controversial figures that there are no places for him to hide. For all the lies he has told regarding the election (I don’t care about his private life lies) and an instigator for the storming of the Capitol building on the very day it would finalize his constitutional departure from power where lives were lost and a hit on the American Democratic process, he should be vilified every minute of his life, especially if he still wants to be involved in politics. Many will defend him for all the “good” he has done would be like defending a wife beater, that he only does it once a week and that he is charming and a good provider the rest of the time.


You all created Trump and the media ensures he is not in the freezer.

And the other thing. I think the Democrats have shot themselves in the foot. The Americans voted for Biden as POTUS. I don’t think it will play out well for them if he handballs over to Camela in the short term or even half way.

He in my view has to see the full term.

Either way, they will lose the 2024 race based on what is happening and the fact they can’t even get Biden to address the people.

He looks like a Fidel Castro in his final years.

I’m sympathetic actually to Biden’s worsening health. But the fact of the matter is, the GOP is going to be gaining a lot of political mileage exploiting that if he stays. And if Harris cones in, they will exploit that as well. So a lose lose situation for Democrats and a win win scenario for GOP here.

And extremely fertile ground for a Trump return.
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 28766
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Re: The US Election Thread: Trump Lives Matter

Postby Paphitis » Sat Mar 20, 2021 10:35 pm

The Democrats are not fit for the office of POTUS right now.

They stuffed up big time as they didn’t even have the candidates befitting the Office.

They should have waited for 2024.

But now the GOP has a genuine opportunity to win 2024 abd they will be there potentially to at least 2032. Even if it’s Trump for one term, the GOP isn’t short of talent and has the people to continue on from Pence to Tucker and everything in between.
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 28766
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Politics and Elections

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests