The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


La La Land

Everything related to politics in Cyprus and the rest of the world.

La La Land

Postby Lordo » Thu Jul 08, 2021 9:09 pm

We have reached new hights in the La La Land. Our beloved chancellor has today said that the reason why we were able to manage the pandemic is because we had very strong economy due the conservative policies. And we did this at the same time as reducing child poverty.
lets have a look at the facts shall we.

The national debt of UK was 1,030 Billion pounds in 2010 and 9 years of conservative rule pushed it up to 1,800 billion before the pandemic hit.
In 2019 alone the government borrowed 300 billion to balance the books. This he calls strong economics performance and claims that it was this that enable him to pay the furlough in 2020. Under what they term "Quantitative Easing" the Bank of England alone has bought 875 billion pounds worth of government bonds. Of course, we have now reached 2.5 Trillion not counting the pensions in the future. When you put them in the pot too it becomes4.8 trillion.

In the meantime, he has just announced he will cut Universal credit for 6 million people by 20 pounds a week to help people. He defended the cut - and said he’d made a conscious choice to press ahead with it at the same time as sending money to schemes to help people into work. Despite 37% of Universal Credit claimants already having a job, he concluded: “I believe that is the right way to help people - especially as the economy is now reopening and businesses are reopening, hiring people, we can see that in the data.

There is 1.5 million people in the UK who are already destitute even before the 20 pound a week cut. In the meantime he came on to the radio announcing he has pushed minimum wage to 8.91 an hour. That is a whole 19 pence per hour extra. And of course there is our beloved BoZo who is claiming that his wages are not enough to live on.

BoZo gets £81,932 for being an MP and is entitled to an additional £79,469 for his role as PM.
On top of this total of £161,401, the Prime Minister has the use of 10 Downing Street and country estate Chequers while in post.
This means the Prime Minister can earn, by rent, on any personal property not needed while they use these official residences.
The Prime Minister can avoid the costs of running a vehicle too, because like all ministers, they have the use of an official car.
He can also receive royalties on any books he has written.

I just do not understand how he can cope.

And of course there is poor Maxi baby worried about Turkey's national debt of 35% of GDP.

Aaaaaaaany way, rant over, I feel so much better now.
User avatar
Lordo
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 15643
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: softalar, banana republic

Re: La La Land

Postby Maximus » Fri Jul 09, 2021 9:45 am

I am not worried,

Let me know when half the population cant afford onions and potatoes.
Maximus
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 6332
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:23 pm

Re: La La Land

Postby Lordo » Fri Jul 09, 2021 12:12 pm

Maximus wrote:I am not worried,

Let me know when half the population cant afford onions and potatoes.

in a country like uk, 1,5 million people are destitute. 6 million are working and have to rely on universal credit and it is being cut. We have 4.7% unemployment today which is 3,8 million people unemplyed and once the furlough comes to an end we it will be probaply double as there are 11 million on furlough.

This is one of the richest countries on earth, but never mind.
User avatar
Lordo
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 15643
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: softalar, banana republic

Re: La La Land

Postby Maximus » Sat Jul 10, 2021 10:09 am

So is the UK bankrupt then?
Maximus
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 6332
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:23 pm

Re: La La Land

Postby Lordo » Sat Jul 10, 2021 1:27 pm

Maximus wrote:So is the UK bankrupt then?

You need to define the meaning of the word.

I suspect if your outgoings are more than your income you are bankrupt.

UK GDP is 2.8 Trillion
UK debt is 2.5 Trillion and growing by the day

So no not yet but its heading that way. By the end of the year if we find ourselves in debt above 2,8 billion, financially we are. In any case the GDP is coming down while the debt is rising every day.

There are 2200 food banks in the UK. 2.5 million people had to use food banks last year because they could not afford basic food. It gives an indication of the situation we are in.
User avatar
Lordo
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 15643
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: softalar, banana republic

Re: La La Land

Postby Get Real! » Sat Jul 10, 2021 1:37 pm

Lordo wrote:You need to define the meaning of the word.

Little Bordo, you claim to "believe in science" but does science believe in you?

:lol: :lol: :lol:
User avatar
Get Real!
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 43568
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:25 am
Location: Nicosia

Re: La La Land

Postby Lordo » Sat Jul 10, 2021 1:48 pm

Get Real! wrote:
Lordo wrote:You need to define the meaning of the word.

Little Bordo, you claim to "believe in science" but does science believe in you?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Gavole, who told you science has any belief?
Have you been to church again?
Its about time you stopped the visitations to the priest.

He no good for youuuuuuuuuuuu.
User avatar
Lordo
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 15643
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: softalar, banana republic

Re: La La Land

Postby Get Real! » Sat Jul 10, 2021 1:52 pm

Lordo wrote:
Get Real! wrote:
Lordo wrote:You need to define the meaning of the word.

Little Bordo, you claim to "believe in science" but does science believe in you?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Gavole, who told you science has any belief?
Have you been to church again?
Its about time you stopped the visitations to the priest.

He no good for youuuuuuuuuuuu.

Little Bordo, never bite off more than you can chew!

I hope you’ve learned a lesson today lest your misery continues.
User avatar
Get Real!
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 43568
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:25 am
Location: Nicosia

Re: La La Land

Postby Lordo » Sat Jul 10, 2021 1:57 pm

Get Real! wrote:
Lordo wrote:
Get Real! wrote:
Lordo wrote:You need to define the meaning of the word.

Little Bordo, you claim to "believe in science" but does science believe in you?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Gavole, who told you science has any belief?
Have you been to church again?
Its about time you stopped the visitations to the priest.

He no good for youuuuuuuuuuuu.

Little Bordo, never bite off more than you can chew!

I hope you’ve learned a lesson today lest your misery continues.


May I be so bold as to enquire what rank did you serve in the army?

BTW stop giving us clues abour life. I begining to feel sorry lifing in such misery.

User avatar
Lordo
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 15643
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: softalar, banana republic

Re: La La Land

Postby Get Real! » Sat Jul 10, 2021 2:06 pm

I was a sergeant who later got demoted due to a couple of AWOLs.

As a corporal, I was then made “sergeant major” because the existing sergeants were too stupid to take on the role.

And then later I was demoted again to private due to further AWOLs.

You see I had a weakness with women… I couldn’t stay in for too long without some freedom and I kept paying the price for it.

In my days it was hard getting leave because there were too few of us and too many outposts to man, so...
User avatar
Get Real!
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 43568
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:25 am
Location: Nicosia

Next

Return to Politics and Elections

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests