The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


The Fall of Chy-na!

Everything related to politics in Cyprus and the rest of the world.

The Fall of Chy-na!

Postby Paphitis » Mon Nov 08, 2021 2:19 pm

The darkness over Chy-na from the war it started and is losing to Australia. :mrgreen:

Millions will die from the cold...It turns out, it was Chy-na reliant on Australia, than the other way round.

User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 31813
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Re: The Fall of Chy-na!

Postby repulsewarrior » Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:03 am



...Canada is a welcoming country; and this is bad according to the CCP.

An interesting video, the stats demonstrate how the world (not just Canada) was welcoming; but not anymore.

...indeed the Chinese people need and want the things that a country like Canada offers, there is no surprise in that. It is no surprise that Canadian cities support whole communities of Chinese Canadians, (as Persons not just as Individuals), their History in Canada is a long one; the CCP would have their People believe the opposite: fear of the brain drain, Chinese who feel better represented elsewhere.

...it may be that in the near future, Taiwain will be seen as a better representative of the Chinese as a People, the CCP it seems can barely keep control of their own representation, too busy crafting a narrative pleasing to themselves.
User avatar
repulsewarrior
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 12425
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:13 am
Location: homeless in Canada

Re: The Fall of Chy-na!

Postby CrookedRiverGuy » Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:41 am

Paphitis wrote:The darkness over Chy-na from the war it started and is losing to Australia. :mrgreen:

Millions will die from the cold...It turns out, it was Chy-na reliant on Australia, than the other way round.



Well, if only a slight percentage of your wishful thinking is true, the most horrifying part is that the world's welfare could be dependent on a nation that used two weeks to kick out one single Serbian intruder :lol:
User avatar
CrookedRiverGuy
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 712
Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:15 pm

Re: The Fall of Chy-na!

Postby Pyrpolizer » Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:33 pm

A ship "stranded" for 1 year (!!) at the Chinese port hoping the Chinese would change their mind and let it unload it's coal, looks like a ship of beggars to me. 8)

And in the end how many Australian ships were packed there waiting and waiting for months to unload their useless coal? Did I hear well, 45 ships? :lol: :lol: :lol:
User avatar
Pyrpolizer
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 12271
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:33 pm

Re: The Fall of Chy-na!

Postby Paphitis » Sat Jan 22, 2022 6:29 am

Pyrpolizer wrote:A ship "stranded" for 1 year (!!) at the Chinese port hoping the Chinese would change their mind and let it unload it's coal, looks like a ship of beggars to me. 8)

And in the end how many Australian ships were packed there waiting and waiting for months to unload their useless coal? Did I hear well, 45 ships? :lol: :lol: :lol:


These are big private companies like RIO TINTO and BHP. Their nettworth is bigger than the entire Cyprus GDP.

The cost of shipping is low compared to their cargo which would run in the tens of millions of dollars.

And these companies make billions in profit every year. They would have been waiting for redeployment to South Korea or Japan.

In the end, Chy-na took most of them and were charged for the wait time by the ship owners. China would be liable for transport costs because they ordered the shipments to begin with.

Or the coal would not be unloaded. When you are desperate, you get done, and at the time, China was having black outs of entire cities.

It just goes to show that when it comes to resources, Australia pretty much controls the lights and can hurt their production by a lot.
Last edited by Paphitis on Sat Jan 22, 2022 6:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 31813
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Re: The Fall of Chy-na!

Postby Paphitis » Sat Jan 22, 2022 6:37 am

CrookedRiverGuy wrote:
Paphitis wrote:The darkness over Chy-na from the war it started and is losing to Australia. :mrgreen:

Millions will die from the cold...It turns out, it was Chy-na reliant on Australia, than the other way round.



Well, if only a slight percentage of your wishful thinking is true, the most horrifying part is that the world's welfare could be dependent on a nation that used two weeks to kick out one single Serbian intruder :lol:


Sorry but I'm not quite with you here. How is the world's welfare dependent on whether Australia deported Djokovic or not?

I consider myself a Djokovic fan. Great player. I was never supportive of Australia's action. But Australia's actions were quite harsh as per usual when it comes to Border controls. When he landed, he was arrested and taken to an immigration prison till an Australian Federal Court ordered the AUSGov to release him. Even whilst released, it was always inevitable that AUSGov were going to deport him on Immigration Minister's discretional powers.

It appears to me they waited till very late Friday Afternoon for the Minister to exercise this power. When he did (the Minister is half Greek btw), Border Force were already at his Lawyers office wanting to take him to custody. Now he is trying to sue the Government. He will never be allowed back in Australia again.

There were another 2 players who were deported as well. but they got no media coverage.

To make matters worse for Djokovic, he may not be allowed two play at the French Open or Wimbledon neither. Now that is an incredible shame for such a great player...

In the end, Djokovic was very lucky the Fed Court heard his case at very short notice. It is not uncommon for people to be imprisoned for up to a year waiting for the asylum seeker case to be heard, which usually ends in tears for the vast majority who end up being deported.
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 31813
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Re: The Fall of Chy-na!

Postby Kikapu » Sat Jan 22, 2022 11:38 am

Paphitis wrote:
CrookedRiverGuy wrote:
Paphitis wrote:The darkness over Chy-na from the war it started and is losing to Australia. :mrgreen:

Millions will die from the cold...It turns out, it was Chy-na reliant on Australia, than the other way round.



Well, if only a slight percentage of your wishful thinking is true, the most horrifying part is that the world's welfare could be dependent on a nation that used two weeks to kick out one single Serbian intruder :lol:


Sorry but I'm not quite with you here. How is the world's welfare dependent on whether Australia deported Djokovic or not?

I consider myself a Djokovic fan. Great player. I was never supportive of Australia's action. But Australia's actions were quite harsh as per usual when it comes to Border controls. When he landed, he was arrested and taken to an immigration prison till an Australian Federal Court ordered the AUSGov to release him. Even whilst released, it was always inevitable that AUSGov were going to deport him on Immigration Minister's discretional powers.

It appears to me they waited till very late Friday Afternoon for the Minister to exercise this power. When he did (the Minister is half Greek btw), Border Force were already at his Lawyers office wanting to take him to custody. Now he is trying to sue the Government. He will never be allowed back in Australia again.

There were another 2 players who were deported as well. but they got no media coverage.

To make matters worse for Djokovic, he may not be allowed two play at the French Open or Wimbledon neither. Now that is an incredible shame for such a great player...

In the end, Djokovic was very lucky the Fed Court heard his case at very short notice. It is not uncommon for people to be imprisoned for up to a year waiting for the asylum seeker case to be heard, which usually ends in tears for the vast majority who end up being deported.

I don’t think Novak has a legal leg to stand on if he tries to sue the Australian government, because he has had his day(s) in court already and verdicts were rendered, unless there was malice against Novak by the Aussie Government.

If he tries to sue, he can have additional charges filed against him for making a false declaration on his entry documents. He can’t use the argument that his assistant crossed the wrong box. Ignorance is never a defense in these matters. Besides, what would Novak expects to gain by suing? If anything, it might do more harm for himself by exposing the fact that he did not have Covid, and even if he had, exposing others to the virus rather than quarantine himself. That may be a huge problem for his endorses to keep him around when they are paying Novak about $30 million a year because he is world‘s number 1, but not if he wants to be seen as a renegade!
User avatar
Kikapu
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 17477
Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2006 6:18 pm

Re: The Fall of Chy-na!

Postby Paphitis » Sat Jan 22, 2022 4:31 pm

Kikapu wrote:
Paphitis wrote:
CrookedRiverGuy wrote:
Paphitis wrote:The darkness over Chy-na from the war it started and is losing to Australia. :mrgreen:

Millions will die from the cold...It turns out, it was Chy-na reliant on Australia, than the other way round.



Well, if only a slight percentage of your wishful thinking is true, the most horrifying part is that the world's welfare could be dependent on a nation that used two weeks to kick out one single Serbian intruder :lol:


Sorry but I'm not quite with you here. How is the world's welfare dependent on whether Australia deported Djokovic or not?

I consider myself a Djokovic fan. Great player. I was never supportive of Australia's action. But Australia's actions were quite harsh as per usual when it comes to Border controls. When he landed, he was arrested and taken to an immigration prison till an Australian Federal Court ordered the AUSGov to release him. Even whilst released, it was always inevitable that AUSGov were going to deport him on Immigration Minister's discretional powers.

It appears to me they waited till very late Friday Afternoon for the Minister to exercise this power. When he did (the Minister is half Greek btw), Border Force were already at his Lawyers office wanting to take him to custody. Now he is trying to sue the Government. He will never be allowed back in Australia again.

There were another 2 players who were deported as well. but they got no media coverage.

To make matters worse for Djokovic, he may not be allowed two play at the French Open or Wimbledon neither. Now that is an incredible shame for such a great player...

In the end, Djokovic was very lucky the Fed Court heard his case at very short notice. It is not uncommon for people to be imprisoned for up to a year waiting for the asylum seeker case to be heard, which usually ends in tears for the vast majority who end up being deported.

I don’t think Novak has a legal leg to stand on if he tries to sue the Australian government, because he has had his day(s) in court already and verdicts were rendered, unless there was malice against Novak by the Aussie Government.

If he tries to sue, he can have additional charges filed against him for making a false declaration on his entry documents. He can’t use the argument that his assistant crossed the wrong box. Ignorance is never a defense in these matters. Besides, what would Novak expects to gain by suing? If anything, it might do more harm for himself by exposing the fact that he did not have Covid, and even if he had, exposing others to the virus rather than quarantine himself. That may be a huge problem for his endorses to keep him around when they are paying Novak about $30 million a year because he is world‘s number 1, but not if he wants to be seen as a renegade!


It's really sad to see this player self destruct in this way.

If he does what he says he will do, the AUSGov won't let him in for at least 3 years. And yes, they will put criminal charges on him and ban him for the rest of his life maybe. In the end, this is a battle Djokovic will not win. And even if he did, the AUSGov will not let him through the border under ministerial discretion by simply asserting he is a sfately risk to the community,

Djokovic really messed up here. Quite likely he never had covid at all in December, just found a Doctor to issue the certificate that he did. And even if that's not true and he did have covid, he was having close contact with others. It;s a lose lose scenario for him. On the one hand he committed fraud, and on the other hard he had blatant disregard for the safety of others.
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 31813
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Re: The Fall of Chy-na!

Postby Pyrpolizer » Sat Jan 22, 2022 10:37 pm

Paphitis wrote:These are big private companies like RIO TINTO and BHP. Their nettworth is bigger than the entire Cyprus GDP.

The cost of shipping is low compared to their cargo which would run in the tens of millions of dollars.

And these companies make billions in profit every year. They would have been waiting for redeployment to South Korea or Japan.

In the end, Chy-na took most of them and were charged for the wait time by the ship owners. China would be liable for transport costs because they ordered the shipments to begin with.

Or the coal would not be unloaded. When you are desperate, you get done, and at the time, China was having black outs of entire cities.

It just goes to show that when it comes to resources, Australia pretty much controls the lights and can hurt their production by a lot.


Had to Google search this.
Basically the issue was among 3 parties: the Australian mine, the Chinese importer (Mostly private, but some State owned too), and the ship owner. All of them protected by "force majeure" contractual clauses for damages or delays. On the other hand each one having contractual legal obligations. The ships got stranded because they had to deliver the cargo, or else the ship owner would have to pay it's value. In some cases the Australian mine would find another client and come to an agreement with the ship owner for the extra freight, plus an agreement with the Chinese importer to forfeit his own rights... In fact this is what happened with at least one of the ships.
The private Chinese importer pays for delays (demarruges) only when these occur after the ship starts unloading, therefore there's no way anyone of those to have paid anything.

It looks the Chinese's patience towards Australia reached it's limits, so here we are today, Australia looking to find new clients, and the Chinese looking to find new sources. Lose-lose situation.
User avatar
Pyrpolizer
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 12271
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:33 pm

Re: The Fall of Chy-na!

Postby Paphitis » Sat Jan 22, 2022 10:53 pm

Pyrpolizer wrote:
Paphitis wrote:These are big private companies like RIO TINTO and BHP. Their nettworth is bigger than the entire Cyprus GDP.

The cost of shipping is low compared to their cargo which would run in the tens of millions of dollars.

And these companies make billions in profit every year. They would have been waiting for redeployment to South Korea or Japan.

In the end, Chy-na took most of them and were charged for the wait time by the ship owners. China would be liable for transport costs because they ordered the shipments to begin with.

Or the coal would not be unloaded. When you are desperate, you get done, and at the time, China was having black outs of entire cities.

It just goes to show that when it comes to resources, Australia pretty much controls the lights and can hurt their production by a lot.


Had to Google search this.
Basically the issue was among 3 parties: the Australian mine, the Chinese importer (Mostly private, but some State owned too), and the ship owner. All of them protected by "force majeure" contractual clauses for damages or delays. On the other hand each one having contractual legal obligations. The ships got stranded because they had to deliver the cargo, or else the ship owner would have to pay it's value. In some cases the Australian mine would find another client and come to an agreement with the ship owner for the extra freight, plus an agreement with the Chinese importer to forfeit his own rights... In fact this is what happened with at least one of the ships.
The private Chinese importer pays for delays (demarruges) only when these occur after the ship starts unloading, therefore there's no way anyone of those to have paid anything.

It looks the Chinese's patience towards Australia reached it's limits, so here we are today, Australia looking to find new clients, and the Chinese looking to find new sources. Lose-lose situation.


The Australian Mines are RIO Tinto and BHP. One thing they get right is their contracts. No one has ever seen these companies struggle.

We know that the relationship between Australia and China is not good, just because Australia launched a globally sponsored investigation against China through the United Nations and WHO. A move supported by many countries.

And Sustralia stuck to its guns which makes me feel very proud of my country. Australia really is a country which does enjoy a lot of power and global clout which does not exactly align with the size of our wonderful country

Just like with Djokovic. Australia enforces it’s laws,

In the end, we have the global resources to power the entire planet with Coal, Lithium, Gas, and Uranium Yellow Cake. As such, China is reliant on Australia which is what they found out when they started the trade war and entire cities were being shut down from the electricity grid and their production collapsed causing a global shortage in smart phones and computer chips.

And when you have this power, Rio Tinto and BHP can name their price. And you can bet your house they didn’t lose a dime. And neither did the ships, because it’s really no problem ordering the ships to Japan which would have stockpiled it.
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 31813
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Next

Return to Politics and Elections

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests