The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


Understanding the Ukraine situation for Sclerotics

Everything related to politics in Cyprus and the rest of the world.

Understanding the Ukraine situation for Sclerotics

Postby Get Real! » Wed Jun 29, 2022 10:23 pm

I’ll start this thread by first giving credit to our former contributor Bananiot, who coined and often used the term “sclerotics” to perfectly describe the hard-headed fools who seemed to suffer from scleroses of the brain, and were thus unable to comprehend a given political situation.

So this thread is for the severe Sclerotics out there who are unable to comprehend right from wrong, with respect to the Ukrainian situation and Russia’s actions.

However, I won’t be doing the talking in this thread since I’m already heavily involved in the “official” Ukraine thread, so I figured I’ll let someone else have a try and will thus pass the responsibility to a young and very talented pastor who hails from Australia, is of some Asian descend, and has a very good head on his shoulders as you’ll soon discover.

So dear Sclerotics, meet the talented pastor Cioccolanti who seems an expert on dealing with Sclerotics…


Oh and don’t let his "religious leaning" fool you… this guy is all politics!








User avatar
Get Real!
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 48333
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:25 am
Location: Nicosia

Re: Understanding the Ukraine situation for Sclerotics

Postby Maximus » Wed Jun 29, 2022 10:54 pm

did you really just post 2.5 hours worth of videos and accuse people of not being able to comprehend the rights and the wrongs, without stating the rights and wrongs from Russia and Ukraine?
Maximus
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 7535
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:23 pm

Re: Understanding the Ukraine situation for Sclerotics

Postby Get Real! » Wed Jun 29, 2022 11:00 pm

Maximus wrote:did you really just post 2.5 hours worth of videos and accuse people of not being able to comprehend the rights and the wrongs, without stating the rights and wrongs from Russia and Ukraine?

:? I don’t understand your argument.
User avatar
Get Real!
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 48333
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:25 am
Location: Nicosia

Re: Understanding the Ukraine situation for Sclerotics

Postby Maximus » Wed Jun 29, 2022 11:02 pm

Get Real! wrote:
Maximus wrote:did you really just post 2.5 hours worth of videos and accuse people of not being able to comprehend the rights and the wrongs, without stating the rights and wrongs from Russia and Ukraine?

:? I don’t understand your argument.


I didnt understand yours either. and since you wont be doing any talking we are kind of stuck. :lol:
Maximus
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 7535
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:23 pm

Re: Understanding the Ukraine situation for Sclerotics

Postby Get Real! » Wed Jun 29, 2022 11:05 pm

Maximus wrote:
Get Real! wrote:
Maximus wrote:did you really just post 2.5 hours worth of videos and accuse people of not being able to comprehend the rights and the wrongs, without stating the rights and wrongs from Russia and Ukraine?

:? I don’t understand your argument.


I didnt understand yours either. and since you wont be doing any talking we are kind of stuck. :lol:

Those that are stuck should give pastor Cioccolanti a chance to clear things up for them, if they have the time.
User avatar
Get Real!
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 48333
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:25 am
Location: Nicosia

Re: Understanding the Ukraine situation for Sclerotics

Postby Maximus » Wed Jun 29, 2022 11:07 pm

Get Real! wrote:
Maximus wrote:
Get Real! wrote:
Maximus wrote:did you really just post 2.5 hours worth of videos and accuse people of not being able to comprehend the rights and the wrongs, without stating the rights and wrongs from Russia and Ukraine?

:? I don’t understand your argument.


I didnt understand yours either. and since you wont be doing any talking we are kind of stuck. :lol:

Those that are stuck should give pastor Cioccolanti a chance to clear things up for them, if they have the time.


Forget about him, I am interested in the summary. You must have watched it all already.

So what are the rights and wrongs of Ukraine and Russia?
Maximus
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 7535
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:23 pm

Re: Understanding the Ukraine situation for Sclerotics

Postby Get Real! » Wed Jun 29, 2022 11:13 pm

Maximus wrote:
Get Real! wrote:
Maximus wrote:
Get Real! wrote:
Maximus wrote:did you really just post 2.5 hours worth of videos and accuse people of not being able to comprehend the rights and the wrongs, without stating the rights and wrongs from Russia and Ukraine?

:? I don’t understand your argument.


I didnt understand yours either. and since you wont be doing any talking we are kind of stuck. :lol:

Those that are stuck should give pastor Cioccolanti a chance to clear things up for them, if they have the time.

Forget about him, I am interested in the summary. You must have watched it all already.

So what are the rights and wrongs of Ukraine and Russia?

Cioccolanti, taps into his common sense; or utilizes WISDOM if you prefer, so as to make informed and correct decisions with respect to the Ukraine conflict.

Following the logic he lays out in this video, one can benefit in their decision making too.

If you love logic you're gonna love Cioccolanti.
User avatar
Get Real!
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 48333
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:25 am
Location: Nicosia

Re: Understanding the Ukraine situation for Sclerotics

Postby Lordo » Thu Jun 30, 2022 12:58 am

This reminds me of 1987 when I actually did my military service for 6 weeks in Cyprus and paid some money to be allowed to visit Cyprus and not be forced to do 2 years.

At the time the Iran-Iraq war was at its worst as over a million people died in that war. One evening the camp Imam decided to give us a lecture about god. So I asked him which side god was and his answer surprised me because he said both sides.

Make that what you will.
User avatar
Lordo
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 21729
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: From the river to the sea, Palestine will be free. Walk on Swine walk on

Re: Understanding the Ukraine situation for Sclerotics

Postby repulsewarrior » Thu Jun 30, 2022 6:59 am

Lordo wrote:This reminds me of 1987 when I actually did my military service for 6 weeks in Cyprus and paid some money to be allowed to visit Cyprus and not be forced to do 2 years.

At the time the Iran-Iraq war was at its worst as over a million people died in that war. One evening the camp Imam decided to give us a lecture about god. So I asked him which side god was and his answer surprised me because he said both sides.

Make that what you will.


Lordo, did you kill anyone? Did you look forward to killing anyone? Did you see godless things and remain silent? These are the questions you must ask yourself, to find the answer to that one.

And who is God that we may serve him, is in the knowing that he may reward and he may forgive.

...your Imam spoke well, because it is, the Truth.

Any man that uses God to justify Hate is a charlatan.

...God is a compass, (the way) it does not swing this way or that for the hand that is holding it. Finding a path, and going off it, is the way of life isn't it? Intentions count; and God expects this accountability.

Have we evolved from the mythic hysteria of Authoritarian Leaders: Lest we Forget? Such enemies worth fighting fester like Disease and Hunger, and our Ignorance only helps them grow as we continue to fight each other.

...such as it is with "Scleroticis", choosing "sides" is not so easy. God is personal, between the notion and each everything; there is one choice actually, it is neither.
User avatar
repulsewarrior
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 14055
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:13 am
Location: homeless in Canada

Re: Understanding the Ukraine situation for Sclerotics

Postby Get Real! » Thu Jun 30, 2022 7:14 am

repulsewarrior wrote:Lordo, did you kill anyone? Did you look forward to killing anyone? Did you see godless things and remain silent? These are the questions you must ask yourself, to find the answer to that one.

And who is God that we may serve him, is in the knowing that he may reward and he may forgive.

...your Imam spoke well, because it is, the Truth.

Any man that uses God to justify Hate is a charlatan.

...God is a compass, (the way) it does not swing this way or that for the hand that is holding it. Finding a path, and going off it, is the way of life isn't it? Intentions count; and God expects this accountability.

Have we evolved from the mythic hysteria of Authoritarian Leaders: Lest we Forget? Such enemies worth fighting fester like Disease and Hunger, and our Ignorance only helps them grow as we continue to fight each other.

...such as it is with "Scleroticis", choosing "sides" is not so easy. God is personal, between the notion and each everything; there is one choice actually, it is neither.

You are the undisputed champion of nonsense! :lol:
User avatar
Get Real!
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 48333
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:25 am
Location: Nicosia

Next

Return to Politics and Elections

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests