The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


Limitarianism

Everything related to politics in Cyprus and the rest of the world.

Limitarianism

Postby Lordo » Tue Feb 06, 2024 11:30 am

We have had all sorts of political systems from Communism to Capitalism and everything in between but it seems very few if any have worked. Every country in the world is in debt and people are starving all over the world. One of the reasons why it does not work is the fact that Capitalism stops anything against its own interest. Perhaps what is needed is its wings to be clipped.

We have minimum wage why not also have maximum wage?
Why not have maximum profit any corporation can make?

We have billionaires holding onto wealth while people around the world are starving. It is wrong which ever way you look at it.

https://www.theguardian.com/books/2024/jan/21/limitarianism-the-case-against-extreme-wealth-ingrid-robeyns-extract
User avatar
Lordo
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 21582
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: From the river to the sea, Palestine will be free. Walk on Swine walk on

Re: Limitarianism

Postby cyprusgrump » Tue Feb 06, 2024 3:47 pm

Lordo wrote:We have had all sorts of political systems from Communism to Capitalism and everything in between but it seems very few if any have worked. Every country in the world is in debt and people are starving all over the world. One of the reasons why it does not work is the fact that Capitalism stops anything against its own interest. Perhaps what is needed is its wings to be clipped.

We have minimum wage why not also have maximum wage?
Why not have maximum profit any corporation can make?

We have billionaires holding onto wealth while people around the world are starving. It is wrong which ever way you look at it.

https://www.theguardian.com/books/2024/jan/21/limitarianism-the-case-against-extreme-wealth-ingrid-robeyns-extract



I suppose if you don't have an ounce of ambition in your body and believe the World owes you a living those arguments make sense...

... for the rest of us, not so much. :wink:

Thank goodness ambitious entrepreneurs have given us the amazing things we have today and not the serfdom you seem to aspire to. :roll:
User avatar
cyprusgrump
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8470
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2005 4:35 pm
Location: Pissouri, Cyprus

Re: Limitarianism

Postby Lordo » Tue Feb 06, 2024 4:35 pm

Before my SwineCunt friends attack me on the idea that it is the entrepreneurial spirit that gives us the advances we have in the Swinelands, lets knock it on the head.

Lets see now.

Who was the person that designed the jet engine which made a huge difference to our world? Was it an entrepreneur? Like fuck it was.
Shiiiiiit it was Frank Whittle an air force pilot that designed it and the military took it off him and sold it cheaply to the capitalists.

Internet was the next invention. Lets see now who was the entrepreneur who designed the Internet?
Shiiiiiiiiit it was Tim Burners Lee who was working for University at the time. so still not an entrepreneur in sight. Bur some how the Swine managed to get hold of it and charge for access to it despite the inventor's wishes that it should be free to the people.

Lets look at a more recent activity like Astra-Zenica vaccine. Which great entrepreneur designed that?
Shiiiit man not an entrepreneur in sight. It was Prof. Sarah Gilbert.

So before we attack, lets have some facts shall we?

All the entrepreneur do is monetise it once its relevance is established. If we had half a decent socilaist government they would be able to do that too but it is against the Swine's religion to stop wealthy from being more wealthy.

One of the most disgusting aspects of the NHS is how the drug suppliers are allowed to charge 9.65 per prescription to the NHS for a packet of aspirins to be given to patients.

It really is not rocket science. If we have a minimum wage level why can we not have maximum wage levels. A third of the world is starving and 1% of the world have enough that will last them millions of years. It serves no practical purpose what so ever.

So my SwineCunt friends, roll it up and I do believe you know exactly what to do with it.

Enjoy
User avatar
Lordo
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 21582
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: From the river to the sea, Palestine will be free. Walk on Swine walk on

Re: Limitarianism

Postby Robin Hood » Tue Feb 06, 2024 5:09 pm

LORDO
One of the reasons why it does not work is the fact that Capitalism stops anything against its own interest. Perhaps what is needed is its wings to be clipped.


With that statement I can agree!

It needs a re-think as to how it is applied. The current system has all the benefits going to the capitalist! I AM in favour of capitalism as it is incentive driven (at least in principal) ..... the harder you work, the better the idea, the more effort you put into it, then the greater the reward. Seems a sensible enough philosophy?

Where current capitalism goes wrong (IMO) is that once you reach the limits of your own ability, you then employ others. You are then exploiting their abilities to feather YOUR nest often without them getting a proper reward on the same basis as the capitalist gets theirs. Their efforts increases the business owners wealth and this so often becomes exploitation.

So why not a self regulating capitalism?

Obviously this is an off-the-cuff idea but let us assume you start as a one-man-band? You work your socks off for 24 hours a day, seven days a week? It is quite reasonable that you deserve to keep all you make. My suggestion would be that your reward should be ‘calculated’ !

You get a salary as the owner, you get dividends as the only share holder and you get a bonus as the only employee. Whatever you make is still ALL yours.

Now you take on an employee to increase your wealth making capacity!

You get a salary as the owner but limited to say 5 times the average of all employees. After paying the salaries and covering the running costs what is left is PROFIT.

So you split the profit into ........ 33% to the owner, 33% shared between the share holder(s) and the remaining 33% shared between the two employees.

As the owner you get 33% of the profits, as the only share holder you get another 33% but as one of two employees you get only half of the remaining 33%, the other half goes to your employee.

The employee will work harder and, if he/she is well rewarded, they will increase your overall profits. If the employee then knows the harder he works, the bigger the profits and the more he earns the harder he will work not just for you but for your mutual benefit.

The more employees you have the greater the profits and the knowledge of that will ensure you do not employ people who are under productive and it will be your existing employees that will ensure that doesn’t happen, as a ‘bad-apple’ or unnecessary employees doing a non-job will reduce their income as well as yours.

To me that seems like CAPITALISM FOR ALL that, if properly legislated, will be of benefit to all those that work for the owner without abandoning the concept of capitalism. It also stops the exploitation of the employees by ruthless self serving employers and eliminates strikes led by Unions. The stability in industry means everybody wins in the long run? :wink:
Robin Hood
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 4339
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 7:18 pm
Location: Limassol

Re: Limitarianism

Postby cyprusgrump » Tue Feb 06, 2024 5:14 pm

Lordo wrote:Before my SwineCunt friends attack me on the idea that it is the entrepreneurial spirit that gives us the advances we have in the Swinelands, lets knock it on the head.

Lets see now.

Who was the person that designed the jet engine which made a huge difference to our world? Was it an entrepreneur? Like fuck it was.
Shiiiiiit it was Frank Whittle an air force pilot that designed it and the military took it off him and sold it cheaply to the capitalists.

Internet was the next invention. Lets see now who was the entrepreneur who designed the Internet?
Shiiiiiiiiit it was Tim Burners Lee who was working for University at the time. so still not an entrepreneur in sight. Bur some how the Swine managed to get hold of it and charge for access to it despite the inventor's wishes that it should be free to the people.

Lets look at a more recent activity like Astra-Zenica vaccine. Which great entrepreneur designed that?
Shiiiit man not an entrepreneur in sight. It was Prof. Sarah Gilbert.

So before we attack, lets have some facts shall we?

All the entrepreneur do is monetise it once its relevance is established. If we had half a decent socilaist government they would be able to do that too but it is against the Swine's religion to stop wealthy from being more wealthy.

One of the most disgusting aspects of the NHS is how the drug suppliers are allowed to charge 9.65 per prescription to the NHS for a packet of aspirins to be given to patients.

It really is not rocket science. If we have a minimum wage level why can we not have maximum wage levels. A third of the world is starving and 1% of the world have enough that will last them millions of years. It serves no practical purpose what so ever.

So my SwineCunt friends, roll it up and I do believe you know exactly what to do with it.

Enjoy


'Facts' to you are like Kryptonite to Superman - you shudder away from them and make up your own that support your fantasy World view... :roll:

You should actually read up on Frank Whittle* and his invention - you might learn something... :wink:

What a mong... :?


* I sold my ¼ share in a Piper Arrow to Frank Whittle's son - very interesting man and BA pilot. Great stories about his father.
User avatar
cyprusgrump
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8470
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2005 4:35 pm
Location: Pissouri, Cyprus

Re: Limitarianism

Postby cyprusgrump » Tue Feb 06, 2024 5:21 pm

Robin Hood wrote:LORDO
One of the reasons why it does not work is the fact that Capitalism stops anything against its own interest. Perhaps what is needed is its wings to be clipped.


With that statement I can agree!

It needs a re-think as to how it is applied. The current system has all the benefits going to the capitalist! I AM in favour of capitalism as it is incentive driven (at least in principal) ..... the harder you work, the better the idea, the more effort you put into it, then the greater the reward. Seems a sensible enough philosophy?

Where current capitalism goes wrong (IMO) is that once you reach the limits of your own ability, you then employ others. You are then exploiting their abilities to feather YOUR nest often without them getting a proper reward on the same basis as the capitalist gets theirs. Their efforts increases the business owners wealth and this so often becomes exploitation.

So why not a self regulating capitalism?

Obviously this is an off-the-cuff idea but let us assume you start as a one-man-band? You work your socks off for 24 hours a day, seven days a week? It is quite reasonable that you deserve to keep all you make. My suggestion would be that your reward should be ‘calculated’ !

You get a salary as the owner, you get dividends as the only share holder and you get a bonus as the only employee. Whatever you make is still ALL yours.

Now you take on an employee to increase your wealth making capacity!

You get a salary as the owner but limited to say 5 times the average of all employees. After paying the salaries and covering the running costs what is left is PROFIT.

So you split the profit into ........ 33% to the owner, 33% shared between the share holder(s) and the remaining 33% shared between the two employees.

As the owner you get 33% of the profits, as the only share holder you get another 33% but as one of two employees you get only half of the remaining 33%, the other half goes to your employee.

The employee will work harder and, if he/she is well rewarded, they will increase your overall profits. If the employee then knows the harder he works, the bigger the profits and the more he earns the harder he will work not just for you but for your mutual benefit.

The more employees you have the greater the profits and the knowledge of that will ensure you do not employ people who are under productive and it will be your existing employees that will ensure that doesn’t happen, as a ‘bad-apple’ or unnecessary employees doing a non-job will reduce their income as well as yours.

To me that seems like CAPITALISM FOR ALL that, if properly legislated, will be of benefit to all those that work for the owner without abandoning the concept of capitalism. It also stops the exploitation of the employees by ruthless self serving employers and eliminates strikes led by Unions. The stability in industry means everybody wins in the long run? :wink:


I take it you have never taken the risk, started a business, put your house on the line, worked 24/7 for years without holidays, employed people, etc? :roll:

You (and Bordo) might have a different view of being so generous with the rewards of your risk and hard work if you had. :?

You might wonder why you were only 'allowed' to keep 33% of the profit while people who have never taken a risk in their lives and expect to work 9-5 five days a week plus annual leave, sick pay, maternity benefits, etc. should get to share the rest. :wink:
User avatar
cyprusgrump
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8470
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2005 4:35 pm
Location: Pissouri, Cyprus

Re: Limitarianism

Postby Robin Hood » Tue Feb 06, 2024 6:28 pm

cyprusgrump wrote:
I take it you have never taken the risk, started a business, put your house on the line, worked 24/7 for years without holidays, employed people, etc? :roll:

You (and Bordo) might have a different view of being so generous with the rewards of your risk and hard work if you had. :?

You might wonder why you were only 'allowed' to keep 33% of the profit while people who have never taken a risk in their lives and expect to work 9-5 five days a week plus annual leave, sick pay, maternity benefits, etc. should get to share the rest. :wink:


You are just the sort of 'capitalist' that gives CAPITALISM such a bad name! It's all about you and what you feel YOU are entitled to! No thought at all for those that helped you get what you felt YOU deserved. :roll:
Robin Hood
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 4339
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 7:18 pm
Location: Limassol

Re: Limitarianism

Postby Lordo » Tue Feb 06, 2024 7:12 pm

Capitalism is not about rewarding people for their hard work or rewarding people with ideas. Capitalism is like a leach, without a body they cannot survive. If it stayed at the personal level, it would not be so sad but it goes far beyond that.

Capitalists first of all go to the poorest countries on earth to manufacture their products as cheap as possible and even then they do not pay their workers a living wage in their own country. They than distribute in Swineland without paying these workers a living wage.

This is how SwineCunts like Bezos have become so wealthy. They suck the blood of the working class everywhere.

You cannot leave the regulation to them to self regulate. It's like allowing a tiger to roam free in the middle of London and telling it to self regulate and not eat any people. Like the capitalists they salivate at any opportunity.
User avatar
Lordo
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 21582
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: From the river to the sea, Palestine will be free. Walk on Swine walk on

Re: Limitarianism

Postby Maximus » Tue Feb 06, 2024 7:40 pm

More bs anti-capitalism, pro-communism threads from the pleb that immigrated to western democracies for a better life.
Maximus
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 7521
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:23 pm

Re: Limitarianism

Postby cyprusgrump » Tue Feb 06, 2024 9:10 pm

Robin Hood wrote:
cyprusgrump wrote:
I take it you have never taken the risk, started a business, put your house on the line, worked 24/7 for years without holidays, employed people, etc? :roll:

You (and Bordo) might have a different view of being so generous with the rewards of your risk and hard work if you had. :?

You might wonder why you were only 'allowed' to keep 33% of the profit while people who have never taken a risk in their lives and expect to work 9-5 five days a week plus annual leave, sick pay, maternity benefits, etc. should get to share the rest. :wink:


You are just the sort of 'capitalist' that gives CAPITALISM such a bad name! It's all about you and what you feel YOU are entitled to! No thought at all for those that helped you get what you felt YOU deserved. :roll:



That'll be 'no' then...? :lol:

Another mong who has absolutely no idea of the benefits of capitalism or the risk/reward from starting and growing a successful business... :roll:
User avatar
cyprusgrump
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8470
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2005 4:35 pm
Location: Pissouri, Cyprus

Next

Return to Politics and Elections

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest