The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


A novel catalyst for the Cyprus solution

Propose and discuss specific solutions to aspects of the Cyprus Problem

1. Do you think this school could exist in the current situation? 2. Do you think it could expedite a political settlement to the Cyprus problem even if that means the settlement would occur 10-15 years after the school's opening?

Poll ended at Wed Sep 05, 2007 4:43 am

1. Yes 2. Yes
10
29%
1. Yes 2. No
11
31%
1. No 2. No
11
31%
1. No 2. Yes
3
9%
 
Total votes : 35

Re: A novel catalyst for the Cyprus solution

Postby Sotos » Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:43 pm

MR-from-NG wrote:
Sotos wrote:I see you put a lot of time into this, but your whole concept is wrong, at least for Cyprus. The problem here is a problem of conflicting interests. Turkey promises to the TCs territory and powers which neither belong to them nor they deserve, and while GCs are willing to compromise, what the Turkish side is demanding is way too much to be accepted. For the past 15 years we had so called "Confident Building Measures", which they had ZERO positive effect because the root cause is not lack of confidence but conflicting interests.

Yes, confidence building measures. The TC's are at risk each time they cross the border south. If you're lucky you'll get away with slashed tyres and a broken windscreen. On a bad day you could end up badly beaten needing a visit to the local hospital. And we can all be confident not a single person will be questioned or arrested. I'm inclined to think the perpetrators would even get a pat on the back. Confidence Building Measures?.......... .My arse!!!!!!


Lies lies lies from you again. Many 1000s of TCs cross to the free areas on a daily basis and such incidents are maybe 5-6 per year. Considering that you are illegally occupying our lands and because of this we are at a cease fire of a war, I would say that is extremely low. But anyway, what you say just proves my point: Those measures have ZERO effect. So instead of more such crap that don't work, I suggest to end all current useless Confidence Building Measures and close all crossings to the north.
User avatar
Sotos
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 11118
Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2005 2:50 am

Re: A novel catalyst for the Cyprus solution

Postby Paphitis » Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:39 pm

MR-from-NG wrote:
Sotos wrote:I see you put a lot of time into this, but your whole concept is wrong, at least for Cyprus. The problem here is a problem of conflicting interests. Turkey promises to the TCs territory and powers which neither belong to them nor they deserve, and while GCs are willing to compromise, what the Turkish side is demanding is way too much to be accepted. For the past 15 years we had so called "Confident Building Measures", which they had ZERO positive effect because the root cause is not lack of confidence but conflicting interests.

Yes, confidence building measures. The TC's are at risk each time they cross the border south. If you're lucky you'll get away with slashed tyres and a broken windscreen. On a bad day you could end up badly beaten needing a visit to the local hospital. And we can all be confident not a single person will be questioned or arrested. I'm inclined to think the perpetrators would even get a pat on the back. Confidence Building Measures?.......... .My arse!!!!!!


What total fabrication and lies.

The RoC is one of the safest countries in the world, even for a TC. Cypriots do not engage in such activities. Sorry.
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 23260
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Re: A novel catalyst for the Cyprus solution

Postby MR-from-NG » Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:04 pm

Paphitis wrote:
MR-from-NG wrote:
Sotos wrote:I see you put a lot of time into this, but your whole concept is wrong, at least for Cyprus. The problem here is a problem of conflicting interests. Turkey promises to the TCs territory and powers which neither belong to them nor they deserve, and while GCs are willing to compromise, what the Turkish side is demanding is way too much to be accepted. For the past 15 years we had so called "Confident Building Measures", which they had ZERO positive effect because the root cause is not lack of confidence but conflicting interests.

Yes, confidence building measures. The TC's are at risk each time they cross the border south. If you're lucky you'll get away with slashed tyres and a broken windscreen. On a bad day you could end up badly beaten needing a visit to the local hospital. And we can all be confident not a single person will be questioned or arrested. I'm inclined to think the perpetrators would even get a pat on the back. Confidence Building Measures?.......... .My arse!!!!!!


What total fabrication and lies.

The RoC is one of the safest countries in the world, even for a TC. Cypriots do not engage in such activities. Sorry.

Come on re bafidi. Even Sotos is saying ONLY 5-6 attacks a year. ONLY, fuck me. I don't think I need say anything else.........ONLY 5-6 A YEAR?
MR-from-NG
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 2842
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2006 4:58 pm

Re: A novel catalyst for the Cyprus solution

Postby Paphitis » Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:06 pm

MR-from-NG wrote:
Paphitis wrote:
MR-from-NG wrote:
Sotos wrote:I see you put a lot of time into this, but your whole concept is wrong, at least for Cyprus. The problem here is a problem of conflicting interests. Turkey promises to the TCs territory and powers which neither belong to them nor they deserve, and while GCs are willing to compromise, what the Turkish side is demanding is way too much to be accepted. For the past 15 years we had so called "Confident Building Measures", which they had ZERO positive effect because the root cause is not lack of confidence but conflicting interests.

Yes, confidence building measures. The TC's are at risk each time they cross the border south. If you're lucky you'll get away with slashed tyres and a broken windscreen. On a bad day you could end up badly beaten needing a visit to the local hospital. And we can all be confident not a single person will be questioned or arrested. I'm inclined to think the perpetrators would even get a pat on the back. Confidence Building Measures?.......... .My arse!!!!!!


What total fabrication and lies.

The RoC is one of the safest countries in the world, even for a TC. Cypriots do not engage in such activities. Sorry.

Come on re bafidi. Even Sotos is saying ONLY 5-6 attacks a year. ONLY, fuck me. I don't think I need say anything else.........ONLY 5-6 A YEAR?


At these levels, after hundreds of thousands of visitors from the illegal occupied areas, it is just random crime. You can not say that there is any systematic targeting of TCs because that isn't the case at all.
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 23260
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Re: A novel catalyst for the Cyprus solution

Postby MR-from-NG » Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:16 pm

Paphitis wrote:
MR-from-NG wrote:
Paphitis wrote:
MR-from-NG wrote:
Sotos wrote:I see you put a lot of time into this, but your whole concept is wrong, at least for Cyprus. The problem here is a problem of conflicting interests. Turkey promises to the TCs territory and powers which neither belong to them nor they deserve, and while GCs are willing to compromise, what the Turkish side is demanding is way too much to be accepted. For the past 15 years we had so called "Confident Building Measures", which they had ZERO positive effect because the root cause is not lack of confidence but conflicting interests.

Yes, confidence building measures. The TC's are at risk each time they cross the border south. If you're lucky you'll get away with slashed tyres and a broken windscreen. On a bad day you could end up badly beaten needing a visit to the local hospital. And we can all be confident not a single person will be questioned or arrested. I'm inclined to think the perpetrators would even get a pat on the back. Confidence Building Measures?.......... .My arse!!!!!!


What total fabrication and lies.

The RoC is one of the safest countries in the world, even for a TC. Cypriots do not engage in such activities. Sorry.

Come on re bafidi. Even Sotos is saying ONLY 5-6 attacks a year. ONLY, fuck me. I don't think I need say anything else.........ONLY 5-6 A YEAR?


At these levels, after hundreds of thousands of visitors from the illegal occupied areas, it is just random crime. You can not say that there is any systematic targeting of TCs because that isn't the case at all.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
MR-from-NG
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 2842
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2006 4:58 pm

Re: A novel catalyst for the Cyprus solution

Postby Paphitis » Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:37 pm

MR-from-NG wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


Don't embarrass yourself any further.

If 600,000 TCs cross each year, and it is far more than that, then the ratio of any incidence is 0.00001

This is far too random and extremely rare.
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 23260
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Re: A novel catalyst for the Cyprus solution

Postby MR-from-NG » Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:09 am

Paphitis wrote:
MR-from-NG wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


Don't embarrass yourself any further.

If 600,000 TCs cross each year, and it is far more than that, then the ratio of any incidence is 0.00001

This is far too random and extremely rare.

Hade re bafidi. Sotos gave a random figure of 5-6. I can tell you without a shadow of a doubt that the attacks are no less than a dozen or two a month. I know because it is discussed frequently within the TC community. Not all attacks are reported to the police or the media but they do take place. It is not me that's embarrassing myself, on the contrary it is you and your community doing exactly this by sticking your heads in the sand. At least Sotos had the balls to say the TC's are getting attacked because they deserve it. Man up and follow in Sotos' footsteps.
MR-from-NG
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 2842
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2006 4:58 pm

Re: A novel catalyst for the Cyprus solution

Postby Get Real! » Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:48 am

I now regret not beating up MR-from-NG when he crossed over to Ledra Street for lunch in one of our early forum get-togethers… I would’ve given him some real statistics to play with! :lol:
User avatar
Get Real!
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 42068
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:25 am
Location: Nicosia

Re: A novel catalyst for the Cyprus solution

Postby MR-from-NG » Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:55 am

Get Real! wrote:I now regret not beating up MR-from-NG when he crossed over to Ledra Street for lunch in one of our early forum get-togethers… I would’ve given him some real statistics to play with! :lol:

:lol: :lol: I wasn't quite sure what to expect on that day. I did whisper in Iceman's ear that I thought you were giving me dirty looks and you looked angry and was I due a beating? He assured me there was northing to fear that he had his Uzi hidden in his underpants. :lol: :lol:

GR, a beating from my favourite GC would have been an honour my friend :wink:
MR-from-NG
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 2842
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2006 4:58 pm

Re: A novel catalyst for the Cyprus solution

Postby Sotos » Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:28 am

MR-from-NG wrote:
Paphitis wrote:
MR-from-NG wrote:
Sotos wrote:I see you put a lot of time into this, but your whole concept is wrong, at least for Cyprus. The problem here is a problem of conflicting interests. Turkey promises to the TCs territory and powers which neither belong to them nor they deserve, and while GCs are willing to compromise, what the Turkish side is demanding is way too much to be accepted. For the past 15 years we had so called "Confident Building Measures", which they had ZERO positive effect because the root cause is not lack of confidence but conflicting interests.

Yes, confidence building measures. The TC's are at risk each time they cross the border south. If you're lucky you'll get away with slashed tyres and a broken windscreen. On a bad day you could end up badly beaten needing a visit to the local hospital. And we can all be confident not a single person will be questioned or arrested. I'm inclined to think the perpetrators would even get a pat on the back. Confidence Building Measures?.......... .My arse!!!!!!


What total fabrication and lies.

The RoC is one of the safest countries in the world, even for a TC. Cypriots do not engage in such activities. Sorry.

Come on re bafidi. Even Sotos is saying ONLY 5-6 attacks a year. ONLY, fuck me. I don't think I need say anything else.........ONLY 5-6 A YEAR?


5 - 6 a year for minor things. Beatings are probably 5-6 in total for the whole 15 years since the gates opened. Compare that number to the other causes that result in somebody damaging another's car / property, or somebody being beaten up, and you will see that such things happen a lot for many different reasons, but when it is about GC/TC situation it is front-page news as if this is such a huge deal.
User avatar
Sotos
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 11118
Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2005 2:50 am

PreviousNext

Return to Cyprus Problem Solution Proposals

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests