The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


Turkey shoots down a Russian jet

Everything related to politics in Cyprus and the rest of the world.

Re: Turkey shoots down a Russian jet

Postby Sotos » Tue Nov 24, 2015 2:26 pm

Lordo wrote:
GreekIslandGirl wrote:
Sotos wrote:Nuke them!!! ;) Joking aside, I think Russia should react in a peaceful way. Just end any gas dealings with the Turks, put embargo on Turkish products in Russia and end direct flights of commercial aircraft from Russia to Turkey. The effects on Turkey will be us bad as if they were hit by a nuke.


Russia need only *immobilize* the Turkish Air Force. That would do nicely ...

what difference would that make, even if terggish soldiers were fighting with spears they would still defeat you.


How are you going to defeat nukes with spears? If Putin wanted he could make you all evaporate.
User avatar
Sotos
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 10642
Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2005 2:50 am

Re: Turkey shoots down a Russian jet

Postby umit07 » Tue Nov 24, 2015 2:34 pm

Paphitis wrote:As if the Germans and Dutch are gonna let you sell your potatoes and kolokasi to the Russians! :lol:


Very true.

:lol:
User avatar
umit07
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 2073
Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2007 1:02 pm

Re: Turkey shoots down a Russian jet

Postby Paphitis » Tue Nov 24, 2015 2:36 pm

Sotos wrote:
Lordo wrote:
GreekIslandGirl wrote:
Sotos wrote:Nuke them!!! ;) Joking aside, I think Russia should react in a peaceful way. Just end any gas dealings with the Turks, put embargo on Turkish products in Russia and end direct flights of commercial aircraft from Russia to Turkey. The effects on Turkey will be us bad as if they were hit by a nuke.


Russia need only *immobilize* the Turkish Air Force. That would do nicely ...

what difference would that make, even if terggish soldiers were fighting with spears they would still defeat you.


How are you going to defeat nukes with spears? If Putin wanted he could make you all evaporate.


Oh now now Sotos!

I promised to not mention the Cold War! :lol:
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 20971
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Re: Turkey shoots down a Russian jet

Postby Sotos » Tue Nov 24, 2015 2:55 pm

umit07 wrote:
Paphitis wrote:As if the Germans and Dutch are gonna let you sell your potatoes and kolokasi to the Russians! :lol:


Very true.

:lol:


The embargo on sales of agriculture products to Russia is placed by Russia and not by EU. Paphitis is just talking crap as always and then you say "Very True" while being equally clueless ;)
User avatar
Sotos
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 10642
Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2005 2:50 am

Re: Turkey shoots down a Russian jet

Postby Paphitis » Tue Nov 24, 2015 2:59 pm

Sotos wrote:
umit07 wrote:
Paphitis wrote:As if the Germans and Dutch are gonna let you sell your potatoes and kolokasi to the Russians! :lol:


Very true.

:lol:


The embargo on sales of agriculture products to Russia is placed by Russia and not by EU. Paphitis is just talking crap as always and then you say "Very True" while being equally clueless ;)


As if we are worried about Russian Embargoes! :lol:

We introduced the embargoes because of Ukraine and MH17. But let's say the Russians did! Who cares really! We just know not to trade with the Russians because there are plenty of others to trade with so who needs them? Now the Turks shot down a Russian Aircraft. Put an embargo on Turkey! I mean do you really think anyone cares? 8)

The coalition wants an embargo between Russia and Turkey. The Australians, Dutch and Germans would be egging Turkey on! 8)
Last edited by Paphitis on Tue Nov 24, 2015 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 20971
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Re: Turkey shoots down a Russian jet

Postby GreekIslandGirl » Tue Nov 24, 2015 3:02 pm

Lordo wrote:
GreekIslandGirl wrote:
Sotos wrote:Nuke them!!! ;) Joking aside, I think Russia should react in a peaceful way. Just end any gas dealings with the Turks, put embargo on Turkish products in Russia and end direct flights of commercial aircraft from Russia to Turkey. The effects on Turkey will be us bad as if they were hit by a nuke.


Russia need only *immobilize* the Turkish Air Force. That would do nicely ...

what difference would that make, even if terggish soldiers were fighting with spears they would still defeat you.


Well, the spears are what your 300,000 imported burly Anatolian settlers will be carrying for you, but why station 40,000 Turkish-NUTTY troops to keep hold of a tiny island like Cyprus if you were so unafraid of us?
User avatar
GreekIslandGirl
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8945
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:03 am

Re: Turkey shoots down a Russian jet

Postby Sotos » Tue Nov 24, 2015 3:04 pm

Paphitis wrote:
Sotos wrote:
umit07 wrote:
Paphitis wrote:As if the Germans and Dutch are gonna let you sell your potatoes and kolokasi to the Russians! :lol:


Very true.

:lol:


The embargo on sales of agriculture products to Russia is placed by Russia and not by EU. Paphitis is just talking crap as always and then you say "Very True" while being equally clueless ;)


As if we are worried about Russian Embargoes! :lol:

We introduced the embargoes because of Ukraine and MH17. But let's say the Russians did! Who cares really! We just know not to trade with the Russians because there are plenty of others to trade with so who needs them? Now the Turks shot down a Russian Aircraft. Put an embargo on Turkey! I mean do you really think anyone cares? 8)


We care: Cyprus hopes to end Russian embargo and the Turks care as well. Just ending tourism from Russia to Turkey and redirecting most of them to Greece and Cyprus can have a significant impact (positive for us, negative for the Turks)
User avatar
Sotos
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 10642
Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2005 2:50 am

Re: Turkey shoots down a Russian jet

Postby Get Real! » Tue Nov 24, 2015 3:05 pm

A Turkish pilot made a very stupid mistake and now Turkey will pay a heavy price for this stupidity.

The question now is when and what exactly…

:lol: :lol: :lol:


Brace yourselves Turks... :)
Last edited by Get Real! on Tue Nov 24, 2015 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Get Real!
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 40376
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:25 am
Location: Nicosia

Re: Turkey shoots down a Russian jet

Postby umit07 » Tue Nov 24, 2015 3:07 pm

Sotos wrote:
umit07 wrote:
Paphitis wrote:As if the Germans and Dutch are gonna let you sell your potatoes and kolokasi to the Russians! :lol:


Very true.

:lol:


The embargo on sales of agriculture products to Russia is placed by Russia and not by EU. Paphitis is just talking crap as always and then you say "Very True" while being equally clueless ;)


I'm laughing at your would be exports, Turkey has a huge trade volume with the Russians, importing billions of dollars worth of gas. ohh Russian and Turkey a

The vested interests of both Russia and Turkey are too interwind, whilst I expect a reaction I think the Russian retaliation will not be direct but rather by proxy.
User avatar
umit07
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 2073
Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2007 1:02 pm

Re: Turkey shoots down a Russian jet

Postby GreekIslandGirl » Tue Nov 24, 2015 3:09 pm

Get Real! wrote:A Turkish pilot made a very stupid mistake and now Turkey will pay a heavy price for this stupidity.

The question now is when and what exactly…

:lol: :lol: :lol:


Brace yourselves Turks... :)


Don't you think the best way for Russia to avoid turning this into a NATO-conflict is to hit Turkey in the occupied regions of Cyprus?

NATO cannot say a thing, then. :)
User avatar
GreekIslandGirl
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8945
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:03 am

PreviousNext

Return to Politics and Elections

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests