The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


The war against Syria

Everything related to politics in Cyprus and the rest of the world.

Re: The war against Syria

Postby Robin Hood » Wed May 15, 2019 1:57 pm

LR:
Yes, I do actually read this stuff - honest - and concede.

Ok, accepted as intended! :o :wink:
The essence of what you contemptously and so widely call "propaganda" though, the real stuff anyway, is something that was refined by the BBC during WW2. What you broadcast/publish is on the whole faithful to fact and usually material not available to your target audience. People naturally tend to come to rely upon it as a source of "the truth". Even more so, if they're already heavily biased, as is the case here. Then ....................................you slip in the other 10%.

You first need to define propaganda? :roll:

Whether it is left or right, true or false, pro/anti ..... it is something that is propagated based on a one sided view. What I have always said is that once you look at both sides of the story you can then make a reasoned assessment. If I only ever looked at extreme anti-Western sites ..... then I don’t have a reasoned view, I am biased toward what I have read. But, strange as it may seem I often read MSM first, where it applies,(.....say the Daily Mail) and if the story looks interesting and on a subject I have views on, I will look to see what the ‘other sites’ say.

The skeleton is the same in virtually all cases only the skin is different. But when you start delving through the entrails you start picking up all the bits that the MSM story does not reveal. This is such a case! The MSM has ignored this leaked paper from within OPCW completely. IMO: The greater probability is that it is true ...... why, because it is from people who were actually there and did the engineering survey.

Why do I accept that rather than the fact the MSM has ignored this document, so it cannot be true? Because of the sources the MSM use for their version ..... The White Helmets and Bellingcat, both of whom are financed to the tune of several million a year by the US/UK/EU governments, so they are totally biased. Both also have a proven history of telling blatant lies which are inevitably exposed weeks/months after the event and no longer news worthy for the MSM.
Again, please show me any MoA articles critical of Russia/Syria/Iran/North Korea/Venezuela. If it were truly an unbiased and objective source then, surely............... Of course though - it's anything but.

NO ..... you are applying your bias! I don’t speak Russian, so I don’ read Russian MSM! The same applies to the other countries you mention but I am sure that Putin is criticised as is Assad and the Ayatollah’s ........ I agree that, going by what I read about North Korea, criticism is ‘verboten’ and attracts the ultimate penalty.

I can honestly say that if you look at the foreign policies enacted by the US and their allies and compare those with the known actions of Russia/Iran/China over the last 20 years, as far as I can see, none of the three have any reason to be condemned. They have not crossed their borders to attack anybody in that time, except for Russia in Georgia which was right on their border, a responsive action and as was conformed by investigations by the UN and the EU. I don’t think you could justify saying that about US/UK/NATO/Israel and their wars are in general thousands of miles from their own borders ....... If the US attacked Canada or vice-versa it would at least be on their own doorstep? But to send three Carrier battle groups thousands of miles into an already unstable theatre and announce sending another 120.000 troops to add to the 35,000 already in the region ..... that is deliberate provocation and can only be described as a threat to any chance of peace.

So the reason I don’t run down these countries as I do with the actions of the west is because I do not believe, based on ALL available evidence, that they are guilty of crimes against International Law, The UN Charter or International Conventions.
Why are we being so nice today? Do you think that perhaps there might just be a pork chop involved?

Try the Spare Ribs! I am always nice ..... until someone winds me up! :wink: :x
Robin Hood
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 3495
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 7:18 pm
Location: Limassol

Re: The war against Syria

Postby Robin Hood » Wed May 15, 2019 2:06 pm

repulsewarrior wrote:...thanks RH.

the stuff i could not get anywhere else; what makes this Forum so valuable to readers like me following this topic now for years,
it will make for interesting reading in the years to come.

Freedom for Syria, Freedom for Syrians, all that comes to mind with much sadness.


IMO: What should now happen is an investigation into the OPCW and the way they have handled it. If this leaked document is found to be genuine and it was ignored by the OPCW to create a story more conducive to the US allies thinking, then heads should roll!. This event could well have triggered a war just like Saddam's WMD did in Iraq. :x
Last edited by Robin Hood on Wed May 15, 2019 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Robin Hood
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 3495
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 7:18 pm
Location: Limassol

Re: The war against Syria

Postby Londonrake » Wed May 15, 2019 3:08 pm

Robin Hood wrote:NO ..... you are applying your bias! I don’t speak Russian, so I don’ read Russian MSM! The same applies to the other countries you mention but I am sure that Putin is criticised as is Assad and the Ayatollah’s ........ I agree that, going by what I read about North Korea, criticism is ‘verboten’ and attracts the ultimate penalty.


I don't want to clog up this Syrian thread. TBH, it's not really an area which attracts much of my interest. Nor do I wish to get into an ever deepening discussion - dragged down into the grass roots of semantics/minutae (mmm - that sounds familiar :wink: ). My repeated - over many years - point is entirely valid, nevertheless. The sites you offer as backing for your posts are not in any sense of the words independent, balanced or objective. The fact that some few dozen or so post there from different sources (well, maybe :? ) doesn't confer independence if they all offer material of a similar ilk. If you have an anti-West view then they're places that you go in order to find articles and opinions supporting that stance. It reinforces my perception though of how lucky we are to live in the West, the freedoms we routinely enjoy, that people are able to go about these publishing activities - as indeed do we - from within, secure in the knowledge they need have no fears regarding the sort of retribution which they’d surely attract elsewhere in the world.

Moreover - and I sorry, I have to use a bad word here - to glibly insist that a vast array of sources are non-admissible for a sweeping (and IMHO illogical to the point of nonsensical) reason, whilst conversely claiming places like informationclearinghouse/blacklistednews/MoonofAlabama/Saker are balanced founts of the real truth .................. well, it's hypocritical and I submit that nobody with a clutch of working brain cells would be suckered into going there. Unless of course, that's where they wanted to be.

I'm sure, despite your comment, that you know full well (admit it or not) that if you attempted to criticise people like Putin/Rohani, et al in their countries national media you'd be a complete idiot and toast. However, in the West you can, largely speaking, slag-off just about any politician without fear of possibly very serious consequences - and they do! :lol: There will never be Watergate/MP's expenses type scandals in those countries. To the unblinkered that's an obvious, whether you speak Russian, Persian, Korean, Chinese or not.

So, how about we leave this aside and you go freely about the business of updating people on what's actually been going on in Syria? Without any worrying over the possibility of some state thugs knocking on your door at 3am. :wink:

Spare ribs you say? Mmmmm, sounds good.:D
Londonrake
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 1259
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:19 pm
Location: ROC

Re: The war against Syria

Postby repulsewarrior » Wed May 15, 2019 6:54 pm

...news is news, good to have it all, than none. Nothing is Black and White, this is clear. Indeed, 'we' are lucky.

...as for Assad, he is not the people. Freedom for Syrians, and Liberty; Peace would be nice, they don't deserve this.

Indeed the wheels turn slowly, on the political affairs of countries. Though the truth is always revealed one hopes, how is it possible to know?

...keep looking.
User avatar
repulsewarrior
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8440
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:13 am
Location: homeless in Canada

Re: The war against Syria

Postby Londonrake » Wed May 15, 2019 8:09 pm

repulsewarrior wrote:...news is news, good to have it all, than none. Nothing is Black and White, this is clear. Indeed, 'we' are lucky.

...as for Assad, he is not the people. Freedom for Syrians, and Liberty; Peace would be nice, they don't deserve this.

Indeed the wheels turn slowly, on the political affairs of countries. Though the truth is always revealed one hopes, how is it possible to know?

...keep looking.


I'm glad you've had the nonce not to fall for some of the stuff that's been floated on forums about the Assads. Even so far as suggesting that Bashir is a "democrat" and a leader beloved of his people (it's all down to the "embedded" evil rebels you see). The Assad family have a lot of blood on their hands. The best argument for their continued dominance seems to be "Look what happened after Saddam went."
Londonrake
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 1259
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:19 pm
Location: ROC

Re: The war against Syria

Postby Robin Hood » Thu May 16, 2019 1:00 am

Londonrake wrote:
repulsewarrior wrote:...news is news, good to have it all, than none. Nothing is Black and White, this is clear. Indeed, 'we' are lucky.

...as for Assad, he is not the people. Freedom for Syrians, and Liberty; Peace would be nice, they don't deserve this.

Indeed the wheels turn slowly, on the political affairs of countries. Though the truth is always revealed one hopes, how is it possible to know?

...keep looking.


I'm glad you've had the nonce not to fall for some of the stuff that's been floated on forums about the Assads. Even so far as suggesting that Bashir is a "democrat" and a leader beloved of his people (it's all down to the "embedded" evil rebels you see). The Assad family have a lot of blood on their hands. The best argument for their continued dominance seems to be "Look what happened after Saddam went."


15/5/19 – 4:08M - "I don't want to clog up this Syrian thread. TBH, it's not really an area which attracts much of my interest. Nor do I wish to get into an ever deepening discussion - dragged down into the grass roots of semantics/minutae.So, how about we leave this aside and you go freely about the business of updating people on what's actually been going on in Syria? "

Well ..... that didn’t last long! :roll: But it wasn’t your fault .... you just stumbled back into it? :wink:

Are you sure you are getting the true picture from your sources? This is a great observation by RT and sooooo true! God help the US and its partners if they ‘stumble’ into a war with Russia/China over Iran ..... triggered by stumbling, like they have stumbled/tripped/got dragged/sucked/slid into wars everywhere else ...... and only avoided it in Syria because of Putin’s foolish tolerance of US’s accidental ‘...... didn’t really want to get involved!’ excuses! :x

https://www.rt.com/usa/459429-us-media-language-war-propaganda/?utm_source=Newsletter&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=Email

..... and here's why ....as explained by MoA:

https://www.moonofalabama.org/2019/05/the-lunacy-of-waging-a-war-on-iran-which-china-and-russia-would-win.html#more
Robin Hood
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 3495
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 7:18 pm
Location: Limassol

Re: The war against Syria

Postby Londonrake » Thu May 16, 2019 8:26 am

Sorry. I'm unable to respond.

I've got to put my makeup on. :D :wink:
Londonrake
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 1259
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:19 pm
Location: ROC

Re: The war against Syria

Postby Robin Hood » Fri May 17, 2019 6:41 am

Whether you accept the source and/or the author ..... the message is from the OPCW Directorate!

It would seem that by their actions OPCW have confirmed the leaked document is indeed authentic. No doubt after an ‘investigation’ there will be a ‘cover up’ because the implications damage the narrative promulgated by western MSM from the very start of this conflict!

CONFIRMED: Chemical Weapons Assessment Contradicting Official Syria Narrative Is Authentic - Caitlin Johnstone

The Organization for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons (OPCW) has begun responding to queries by the press about a leaked document which contradicts official OPCW findings on an alleged chemical weapons attack last year in Douma, Syria. The prepared statement they’ve been using in response to these queries confirms the authenticity of the document.


This should be a major news headline all around the world, but of course it is not. As of this writing the mass media have remained deathly silent about the document despite its enormous relevance to an international headline story last year which occupied many days of air time. It not only debunks a major news story that had military consequences, it casts doubt on a most esteemed international independent investigative body and undermines the fundamental assumptions behind many years of western reporting in the area. People get lazy about letting the media tell them what’s important and they assume if it’s not in the news, it’s not a big deal. This is a big deal, this is a major story and it is going unreported, which makes the media’s silence a part of the story as well.

https://caitlinjohnstone.com/2019/05/17/confirmed-chemical-weapons-assessment-contradicting-official-syria-narrative-is-authentic/



Personally, I agree with her assessment of the situation. It does and has to, call into question all the other OPCW reports! But the people will never know about this because the media will keep a cap on it. :x
Robin Hood
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 3495
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 7:18 pm
Location: Limassol

Re: The war against Syria

Postby Robin Hood » Sun May 19, 2019 7:24 pm

So, will there be an independent investigation and charges against those if found guilty? :(

It would be easier to set up a Hot-Dog stand in Mecca! Nothing will come of this, it will be shoved under the carpet because the MSM are not reporting the story and most people will be left believing the 14th April attack by the US and its allies was legitimate ......... because they know no differently! :roll:

Suppressed OPCW finding war crime likely perpetrated by US/UK/France against Syria on 14 April-2018. - The Duran

On May 13th, Tim Hayward of the Working Group on Syria made public on his website an utterly damning document that had been suspiciously excluded from the final investigative report by the Organization for Prohibition of Chemical Weapons (OPCW) regarding the U.S.-and-allied allegation that on 7 April 2018 the Syrian Government had Sarin-attacked residents in its town of Douma and had killed a large number of non-combatants.

Seven days after that alleged incident, the U.S. and two of its allies, UK and France, massively missile-invaded Syria on April 14th, in alleged international ‘response’ to that alleged national war-crime on the part of Syria’s Government. It now turns out that that alleged national war-crime was totally staged by America’s own proxy-soldiers, Islamic terrorists who were trying to overthrow Syria’s Government, and so the attack against Syria on 14 April 2018 by U.S., UK and France, constitutes an international war-crime, an unequivocal violation of the U.N.’s Charter.

https://theduran.com/suppressed-opcw-finding-war-crime-likely-perpetrated-by-u-s-against-syria-on-14-april-2018/
Robin Hood
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 3495
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 7:18 pm
Location: Limassol

Re: The war against Syria

Postby repulsewarrior » Mon May 27, 2019 2:02 am

329,000 Syrians returned home in wake of Turkish ops: Interior Minister
http://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/329-00 ... ter-143726


Turkey sends weapons to Syrian rebels facing Russian-backed assault: Syrian sources
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-syri ... SKCN1SV0FA
User avatar
repulsewarrior
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8440
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:13 am
Location: homeless in Canada

PreviousNext

Return to Politics and Elections

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests