The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


The DOCUMENTARY "MEMORIES"

How can we solve it? (keep it civilized)

Re: The DOCUMENTARY "MEMORIES"

Postby Viewpoint » Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:26 pm

Piratis wrote:
Viewpoint wrote:
Piratis wrote:"MR-from-NG", Sotos and most of us were not even born when the Turkish Cypriots (with the support of UK and Turkey) were initiating an inter-communal conflict in the 50s with the aim to create an excuse to partition Cyprus. Unity means to respect each other, and in democratic countries unity means to respect the democratic choices of your compatriots even when you disagree with them.

For most TCs any kind of even the slightest unity is something that is seen as a compromise, not an ideal. Are you any different than the majority of the population of your community?

You call Sotos names for suggesting that 100.000 TCs (at most) should be moved from Cyprus as the solution of the Cyprus Problem, but at the same time you don't seem to have a problem with the ethnic cleansing of 200.000 GCs, as long as this serves your own interests.

I think that after all these decades it is more than clear that no solution will be found by peaceful means. What we want is a trully united and free island, democratic without any racist discriminations, while what you want is one or another form of partition where ethnic cleansing is legalized, with 1/3rd of Cyprus declared officially Turkish.

Creating hatred between the two communities was and continues to be the aim of the Turkish side. Neither Sotos nor anybody else woke up one day and said "Hey, lets hate the Turks". The hatred is something you won with your own actions. If you don't want to be hated then all you have to do is to end the criminal illegal actions against Greek Cypriots. At the very least you could come out and say clearly that you do not support the crimes of Turkey and the TC leadership against Cyprus, in which case no GC will hate you personally. But I remember you telling us than in 1974 you "fucked our mothers", so I think it is quite obvious what you support and you are in no position to give lessons to Sotos or anybody else.


We all know what your idea of unity is that's giving Cyprus to Greece, so you are not exactly the right person to going around preaching about hatred as it was people like you that upset the equilibrium and caused the division we have today... thank you.


On the contrary VP what we wanted was even more unity, a kind of unity that was supported by the vast majority of the population, just like our union with EU more recently. Instead of respecting the democratic choices of the Cypriot people you went around killing people and burring down shops and homes of innocent civilians trying to undemocratically impose your own will by force.

Do you think that Cyprus should do whatever the Turks/TCs want instead of what the Cypriot people democratically decide? Do you think that whenever the Turks/TCs disagree with the democratic choices of the Cypriot they have the right to butcher Cypriots and impose their will by force?


Piratis you still dont get it do you, the fact that you dont know the difference between joining a union like the EU and becoming part of another country only shows your ignorance and that you will never accumalate the wisdom to resolve what is necessary to solve the problem in your own mind let alone in reality.

Throughout history we have seen that if a major part of the population is forced to do something against their will be a revolt they will uprise and fight back for survival, thats exactly what the TCs did and still do today. The continued division is as much your fault as it is ours rejection of the one and only solution put to referendum is international recognition of this fact, you cannot erase this however much you lie and rubbish the AP.

What you have to really think hard about is do you really want to unite, are you intentions to dominate or to share equally and what are you willing to do to win the TCs over to your side and to keep them there?
User avatar
Viewpoint
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 25214
Joined: Sun Feb 20, 2005 2:48 pm
Location: Nicosia/Lefkosa

Re: The DOCUMENTARY "MEMORIES"

Postby Piratis » Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:18 am

Viewpoint wrote:
Piratis wrote:
Viewpoint wrote:
Piratis wrote:"MR-from-NG", Sotos and most of us were not even born when the Turkish Cypriots (with the support of UK and Turkey) were initiating an inter-communal conflict in the 50s with the aim to create an excuse to partition Cyprus. Unity means to respect each other, and in democratic countries unity means to respect the democratic choices of your compatriots even when you disagree with them.

For most TCs any kind of even the slightest unity is something that is seen as a compromise, not an ideal. Are you any different than the majority of the population of your community?

You call Sotos names for suggesting that 100.000 TCs (at most) should be moved from Cyprus as the solution of the Cyprus Problem, but at the same time you don't seem to have a problem with the ethnic cleansing of 200.000 GCs, as long as this serves your own interests.

I think that after all these decades it is more than clear that no solution will be found by peaceful means. What we want is a trully united and free island, democratic without any racist discriminations, while what you want is one or another form of partition where ethnic cleansing is legalized, with 1/3rd of Cyprus declared officially Turkish.

Creating hatred between the two communities was and continues to be the aim of the Turkish side. Neither Sotos nor anybody else woke up one day and said "Hey, lets hate the Turks". The hatred is something you won with your own actions. If you don't want to be hated then all you have to do is to end the criminal illegal actions against Greek Cypriots. At the very least you could come out and say clearly that you do not support the crimes of Turkey and the TC leadership against Cyprus, in which case no GC will hate you personally. But I remember you telling us than in 1974 you "fucked our mothers", so I think it is quite obvious what you support and you are in no position to give lessons to Sotos or anybody else.


We all know what your idea of unity is that's giving Cyprus to Greece, so you are not exactly the right person to going around preaching about hatred as it was people like you that upset the equilibrium and caused the division we have today... thank you.


On the contrary VP what we wanted was even more unity, a kind of unity that was supported by the vast majority of the population, just like our union with EU more recently. Instead of respecting the democratic choices of the Cypriot people you went around killing people and burring down shops and homes of innocent civilians trying to undemocratically impose your own will by force.

Do you think that Cyprus should do whatever the Turks/TCs want instead of what the Cypriot people democratically decide? Do you think that whenever the Turks/TCs disagree with the democratic choices of the Cypriot they have the right to butcher Cypriots and impose their will by force?


Piratis you still dont get it do you, the fact that you dont know the difference between joining a union like the EU and becoming part of another country only shows your ignorance and that you will never accumalate the wisdom to resolve what is necessary to solve the problem in your own mind let alone in reality.

Throughout history we have seen that if a major part of the population is forced to do something against their will be a revolt they will uprise and fight back for survival, thats exactly what the TCs did and still do today. The continued division is as much your fault as it is ours rejection of the one and only solution put to referendum is international recognition of this fact, you cannot erase this however much you lie and rubbish the AP.

What you have to really think hard about is do you really want to unite, are you intentions to dominate or to share equally and what are you willing to do to win the TCs over to your side and to keep them there?


The very existence of your minority in Cyprus is a result of forcefully making our island part of the Ottoman empire. Was the 100% of Cypriots who didn't want to be under Turkish rule not a "major part of the population", but your 18% minority is?

The fact Viewpoint is that we had every right to democratically decide the destiny of our own island, and there is no excuse for attacking us and starting the conflict. Just like we lived under Ottoman or British rule we would be part of the Greek state, which is what the vast majority of Cypriots wanted. There was no threat to your survival and there would be no casualties for any side if you had not attacked us trying to undemocratically impose your own terms on Cyprus.

The Annan plan was a partition plan and it is now null and void. Your minority can be like every other minority in Cyprus and every other minority in every other democratic country. If you thought you can blackmail us and force us to accept anything less than democracy, freedom and justice you are very mistaken.
User avatar
Piratis
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 12261
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2004 11:08 pm

Re: The DOCUMENTARY "MEMORIES"

Postby repulsewarrior » Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:41 am

...in the purest sense Piratis your argument is sound.

in the sense that Bicommunal has no clear meaning, a "Turkish" idea or not, our responsibility is to the rest of Mankind, as Individuals, to demonstrate something we design for ourselves, as Cypriots, which enriches the world because it can be held in high esteem and emulated. futuristically, i am proposing to go beyond what is the Truth, and what vp resists so fondly, something where Cyprus in two hundred years sustains itself, perhaps in a desert of global warming with a population quite different in demographics and size. i repeat myself, there is a Cypriot Republic, and there is a Turkish Constituency, where is the Greek Constituency? (and why not Armenian, Maronite, and Latin Constituencies as well.)

where vp ignores a Federal Government, i say, where is the Greek state? consider that, my suggestion, because it solves both vp and your anxieties.
User avatar
repulsewarrior
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 12224
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:13 am
Location: homeless in Canada

Re: The DOCUMENTARY "MEMORIES"

Postby Viewpoint » Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:29 am

Piratis you conveniently forget that back in history there was no democracy size or numbers didnt matter it was who ever won or lost. The same happened in 1974 you followed your idiotic dream to turn the island into Greece against the will of a substantial minority and LOST big time in fact 37% of the island forever. You yourself say that in 2012 you are willing to take up arms and fight for wjat you believe is right but this not necessarily mean you are going to win n fact you havemore chnace of losing the whole island this time because you are that stupid.

Now I dont know how far this will go with a man who thinks becoming part of the EU or Greece is the same thing but you have to face the reality before you, the island is physically divided and will remain that way until something radical happens to entice both sides into wanting to unite, but until that time arrives you can keep on harping on about the past and swings in power but the fact you can count on is that you will remain south and I north.
User avatar
Viewpoint
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 25214
Joined: Sun Feb 20, 2005 2:48 pm
Location: Nicosia/Lefkosa

Re: The DOCUMENTARY "MEMORIES"

Postby Piratis » Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:23 am

Viewpoint wrote:Piratis you conveniently forget that back in history there was no democracy size or numbers didnt matter it was who ever won or lost. The same happened in 1974 you followed your idiotic dream to turn the island into Greece against the will of a substantial minority and LOST big time in fact 37% of the island forever. You yourself say that in 2012 you are willing to take up arms and fight for wjat you believe is right but this not necessarily mean you are going to win n fact you havemore chnace of losing the whole island this time because you are that stupid.

Now I dont know how far this will go with a man who thinks becoming part of the EU or Greece is the same thing but you have to face the reality before you, the island is physically divided and will remain that way until something radical happens to entice both sides into wanting to unite, but until that time arrives you can keep on harping on about the past and swings in power but the fact you can count on is that you will remain south and I north.


Good that you at least admit that what you did in 1974 was the same as what you had done "back in history" and that for you democracy never mattered.

Since for you it is just about "who wins or losses" in wars and principles such as democracy are irrelevant, then it is obvious that the only way to liberate our island and restore human rights is by winning a war against you. You leave no other alternative for achieving freedom for Cyprus and restoring the human rights of Cypriots.

Sooner or later the time that we will have the means to liberate our island will income. We might not be able to liberate our island now but neither you are able to legitimize the pseudo-state you declared on our lands. And if you are not able to do this now (in some of the worst times for Hellenism) you never will.
User avatar
Piratis
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 12261
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2004 11:08 pm

Re: The DOCUMENTARY "MEMORIES"

Postby Viewpoint » Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:19 pm

Piratis wrote:
Viewpoint wrote:Piratis you conveniently forget that back in history there was no democracy size or numbers didnt matter it was who ever won or lost. The same happened in 1974 you followed your idiotic dream to turn the island into Greece against the will of a substantial minority and LOST big time in fact 37% of the island forever. You yourself say that in 2012 you are willing to take up arms and fight for wjat you believe is right but this not necessarily mean you are going to win n fact you havemore chnace of losing the whole island this time because you are that stupid.

Now I dont know how far this will go with a man who thinks becoming part of the EU or Greece is the same thing but you have to face the reality before you, the island is physically divided and will remain that way until something radical happens to entice both sides into wanting to unite, but until that time arrives you can keep on harping on about the past and swings in power but the fact you can count on is that you will remain south and I north.


Good that you at least admit that what you did in 1974 was the same as what you had done "back in history" and that for you democracy never mattered.

Since for you it is just about "who wins or losses" in wars and principles such as democracy are irrelevant, then it is obvious that the only way to liberate our island and restore human rights is by winning a war against you. You leave no other alternative for achieving freedom for Cyprus and restoring the human rights of Cypriots.

Sooner or later the time that we will have the means to liberate our island will income. We might not be able to liberate our island now but neither you are able to legitimize the pseudo-state you declared on our lands. And if you are not able to do this now (in some of the worst times for Hellenism) you never will.


Again you show the same bloody mindedness which reconfirms your ignorance and blindness, the major of countries were formed up power struggle and war so dont come the macho with us it wont work, plus 1974 was history and you were hardly promoting democracy human rights and unity...more like selling us out to the GCs by discriminating and persecuting TCs.

You can start a war whenever you wish just as you did in 1974 but this does not guarantee a win just like 1974 which could also result in 100% land loss just as you lost 37% in 1974. Some people never learn and the GCs head these people.
User avatar
Viewpoint
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 25214
Joined: Sun Feb 20, 2005 2:48 pm
Location: Nicosia/Lefkosa

Re: The DOCUMENTARY "MEMORIES"

Postby Piratis » Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:20 am

Viewpoint wrote:
Piratis wrote:
Viewpoint wrote:Piratis you conveniently forget that back in history there was no democracy size or numbers didnt matter it was who ever won or lost. The same happened in 1974 you followed your idiotic dream to turn the island into Greece against the will of a substantial minority and LOST big time in fact 37% of the island forever. You yourself say that in 2012 you are willing to take up arms and fight for wjat you believe is right but this not necessarily mean you are going to win n fact you havemore chnace of losing the whole island this time because you are that stupid.

Now I dont know how far this will go with a man who thinks becoming part of the EU or Greece is the same thing but you have to face the reality before you, the island is physically divided and will remain that way until something radical happens to entice both sides into wanting to unite, but until that time arrives you can keep on harping on about the past and swings in power but the fact you can count on is that you will remain south and I north.


Good that you at least admit that what you did in 1974 was the same as what you had done "back in history" and that for you democracy never mattered.

Since for you it is just about "who wins or losses" in wars and principles such as democracy are irrelevant, then it is obvious that the only way to liberate our island and restore human rights is by winning a war against you. You leave no other alternative for achieving freedom for Cyprus and restoring the human rights of Cypriots.

Sooner or later the time that we will have the means to liberate our island will income. We might not be able to liberate our island now but neither you are able to legitimize the pseudo-state you declared on our lands. And if you are not able to do this now (in some of the worst times for Hellenism) you never will.


Again you show the same bloody mindedness which reconfirms your ignorance and blindness, the major of countries were formed up power struggle and war so dont come the macho with us it wont work, plus 1974 was history and you were hardly promoting democracy human rights and unity...more like selling us out to the GCs by discriminating and persecuting TCs.

You can start a war whenever you wish just as you did in 1974 but this does not guarantee a win just like 1974 which could also result in 100% land loss just as you lost 37% in 1974. Some people never learn and the GCs head these people.


First of all in 1974 it is you who started the war with the Turkish invasion. This is true for every other war and conflict in Cyprus.

Just remember that the war you started in 1974 is not over. What we have now is cease fire, not peace. So you will have no right to complain when the north part of Cyprus will be liberated from the foreign invaders, regardless if this will happen in 1 year, 10 or 100.
User avatar
Piratis
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 12261
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2004 11:08 pm

Re: The DOCUMENTARY "MEMORIES"

Postby Viewpoint » Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:10 am

Piratis wrote:
Viewpoint wrote:
Piratis wrote:
Viewpoint wrote:Piratis you conveniently forget that back in history there was no democracy size or numbers didnt matter it was who ever won or lost. The same happened in 1974 you followed your idiotic dream to turn the island into Greece against the will of a substantial minority and LOST big time in fact 37% of the island forever. You yourself say that in 2012 you are willing to take up arms and fight for wjat you believe is right but this not necessarily mean you are going to win n fact you havemore chnace of losing the whole island this time because you are that stupid.

Now I dont know how far this will go with a man who thinks becoming part of the EU or Greece is the same thing but you have to face the reality before you, the island is physically divided and will remain that way until something radical happens to entice both sides into wanting to unite, but until that time arrives you can keep on harping on about the past and swings in power but the fact you can count on is that you will remain south and I north.


Good that you at least admit that what you did in 1974 was the same as what you had done "back in history" and that for you democracy never mattered.

Since for you it is just about "who wins or losses" in wars and principles such as democracy are irrelevant, then it is obvious that the only way to liberate our island and restore human rights is by winning a war against you. You leave no other alternative for achieving freedom for Cyprus and restoring the human rights of Cypriots.

Sooner or later the time that we will have the means to liberate our island will income. We might not be able to liberate our island now but neither you are able to legitimize the pseudo-state you declared on our lands. And if you are not able to do this now (in some of the worst times for Hellenism) you never will.


Again you show the same bloody mindedness which reconfirms your ignorance and blindness, the major of countries were formed up power struggle and war so dont come the macho with us it wont work, plus 1974 was history and you were hardly promoting democracy human rights and unity...more like selling us out to the GCs by discriminating and persecuting TCs.

You can start a war whenever you wish just as you did in 1974 but this does not guarantee a win just like 1974 which could also result in 100% land loss just as you lost 37% in 1974. Some people never learn and the GCs head these people.


First of all in 1974 it is you who started the war with the Turkish invasion. This is true for every other war and conflict in Cyprus.

Just remember that the war you started in 1974 is not over. What we have now is cease fire, not peace. So you will have no right to complain when the north part of Cyprus will be liberated from the foreign invaders, regardless if this will happen in 1 year, 10 or 100.


In 1974 your perverted religious leader invited Turkey here, refer to UN speach so your obviously brainwashed on this issue and cannot see further than your nose.

You can continue 1974 all you want but the fact remains you do not have or will ever have the power to take the north this is another myth fed to weak brained people like yourself who follow the standard GC shit fed to you at school, in the press or by your dopey incompetent leaders.
User avatar
Viewpoint
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 25214
Joined: Sun Feb 20, 2005 2:48 pm
Location: Nicosia/Lefkosa

Re: The DOCUMENTARY "MEMORIES"

Postby repulsewarrior » Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:01 am

In 1974 your perverted religious leader invited Turkey here, refer to UN speech so your obviously brainwashed on this issue and cannot see further than your nose.


...here you lie, let alone exaggerated, all right thinking people expected a Guarantor for Cyprus, not an invading army with malice in mind. i ask you, since you are so righteous, why has the rest of the world treated you so badly for so long; favouring, as you might say, the Greeks.

...perhaps your perspective is distorted, too busy fighting "Greeks" as a "Turk", instead of fighting for a place to live quite different, called Cyprus.

it's a little twisted to hypothesise that Makarios was to the end a staunch Greek wanting "enosis", when it is the "Greeks" who betrayed him more than once, and when the Cypriot People did not support the coup, lasting two days, restoring the order of their Republic instead.
User avatar
repulsewarrior
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 12224
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:13 am
Location: homeless in Canada

Previous

Return to Cyprus Problem

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests