The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


news: nine candidates will run for President

Everything related to politics in Cyprus and the rest of the world.

Re: news: nine candidates will run for President

Postby repulsewarrior » Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:39 pm

...i remember. Cyprus is temporary, the Flag of Cyprus is a rag. To some this is true; "Greek", or "Turk".
User avatar
repulsewarrior
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 7979
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:13 am
Location: homeless in Canada

Re: news: nine candidates will run for President

Postby Sotos » Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:09 am

Get Real! wrote:
Sotos wrote:
Greek nationalism: Belief in dichotomy forming a “Greek” part and “Turkish” part.

That is the most stupid think you ever wrote. Nationalism of any kind is bad and can lead to bad things, but no kind of nationalist, "Greek" or "Cypriot", wants Cyprus to be split in “Greek” and “Turkish” parts. Any Greek Cypriot that accepts such thing accepts it as a compromise (apart maybe from a few traitors). The only nationalist party in Cyprus is ELAM, and they are definitely "Greek nationalists" and they are the ones who openly support a unitary Cypriot state as a solution. So your argument doesn't hold at all.

The Greek government’s collusion in the 1974 dichotomy of Cyprus is a well known fact Sotos, and the Cypriot traitors who were Greek nationalists and executed the dichotomy plan with the removal of Makarios, knew exactly what they were doing... as Sampson later verified.

In fact the Greek government was upset when Turkey went PAST the pre-agreed demarcation line! No honor among criminals! :lol:

Why else would EOKA B carry out a coup to remove the Cypriot democratically elected president of an independent UN-member Cyprus, if not to facilitate dichotomy and destroy this independence?


First of all the Greek government of that time took the power with a coup and did not represent the people of Greece just like Samson did not represent us. They were of course traitors for overthrowing democratically elected governments, but beyond that you are giving them way too much credit when you say that they "knew exactly what they were doing". The Junta fell just 4 days after the Turkish invasion in Cyprus, so clearly they didn't have a clue what they were doing unless maybe it was their plan to spend the rest of their lives in jail.
User avatar
Sotos
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 11077
Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2005 2:50 am

Re: news: nine candidates will run for President

Postby kurupetos » Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:18 pm

Get Real! wrote:
kurupetos wrote:
Sotos wrote:
Greek nationalism: Belief in dichotomy forming a “Greek” part and “Turkish” part.


That is the most stupid think you ever wrote. Nationalism of any kind is bad and can lead to bad things, but no kind of nationalist, "Greek" or "Cypriot", wants Cyprus to be split in “Greek” and “Turkish” parts. Any Greek Cypriot that accepts such thing accepts it as a compromise (apart maybe from a few traitors). The only nationalist party in Cyprus is ELAM, and they are definitely "Greek nationalists" and they are the ones who openly support a unitary Cypriot state as a solution. So your argument doesn't hold at all.

I agree. :mrgreen:

So how do you go about implementing enosis with Greece Kurupet, without the dissolution of the republic? :?

Surely you didn’t assume you can accommodate them both? :? :lol:

That's how it will happen...
1. Dissolution of RoT.
2. The Republic of Kurdistan becomes an independent state.
3. The last Turk leaves Cyprus.
4. North Cyprus, East Thrace, Ionia & Pontus are liberated.
5. Enosis of all Greek territories. Our new capital? Constantinople. :mrgreen:

Ο ΚΑΙΡΟΣ ΓΑΡ ΕΓΓΥΣ
User avatar
kurupetos
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 18375
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:46 pm
Location: Cyprus

Re: news: nine candidates will run for President

Postby kurupetos » Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:24 pm

repulsewarrior wrote:...i remember. Cyprus is temporary, the Flag of Cyprus is a rag. To some this is true; "Greek", or "Turk".

No, Cyprus is not temporary...but the RoC is definitely something we don't need to keep forever. :wink:

The vast majority of Cypriots has expressed a desire for Enosis in 1821, 1878, 1930, 1950 and 1955-1959.
User avatar
kurupetos
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 18375
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:46 pm
Location: Cyprus

Re: news: nine candidates will run for President

Postby repulsewarrior » Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:43 am

kurupetos wrote:
repulsewarrior wrote:...i remember. Cyprus is temporary, the Flag of Cyprus is a rag. To some this is true; "Greek", or "Turk".

No, Cyprus is not temporary...but the RoC is definitely something we don't need to keep forever. :wink:

The vast majority of Cypriots has expressed a desire for Enosis in 1821, 1878, 1930, 1950 and 1955-1959.


...you have it the other way around. Cyprus is not temporary, "Greece" is. Greeks don't need "Greeks", they are Citizens of the world (and this in Cyprus as Cypriots represented, despite "Greeks"/"Turks" and as they represent(ed) themselves').

What is Cyprus is Cyprus, it is an island after all. What is a "motherland" or a "fatherland" is unclear, what are the facts today is that Greece like Cyprus, and Turkey, are equals among many.

One day the city's name may return, what is East to Rome; a dream to "Greeks", what is Greek in Turkey returned, who just like "Turks", have the same sense of "belonging".

"Greeks" and "Turks" are the same. "They" are not the same as Cypriots (or Greeks, or Turks). Greek and Turkish mostly, yes, to describe them, Cypriots as people, but, who in effect, as a People, with roots much older.

Greeks as a Nation have in effect two States to look to as representing Greeks in the Modern world. Indeed the modern world should be looked at by Greeks with a great deal of humility, what with its "Greekness".
User avatar
repulsewarrior
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 7979
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:13 am
Location: homeless in Canada

Re: news: nine candidates will run for President

Postby kurupetos » Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:14 am

repulsewarrior wrote:
kurupetos wrote:
repulsewarrior wrote:...i remember. Cyprus is temporary, the Flag of Cyprus is a rag. To some this is true; "Greek", or "Turk".

No, Cyprus is not temporary...but the RoC is definitely something we don't need to keep forever. :wink:

The vast majority of Cypriots has expressed a desire for Enosis in 1821, 1878, 1930, 1950 and 1955-1959.


...you have it the other way around. Cyprus is not temporary, "Greece" is. Greeks don't need "Greeks", they are Citizens of the world (and this in Cyprus as Cypriots represented, despite "Greeks"/"Turks" and as they represent(ed) themselves').

What is Cyprus is Cyprus, it is an island after all. What is a "motherland" or a "fatherland" is unclear, what are the facts today is that Greece like Cyprus, and Turkey, are equals among many.

One day the city's name may return, what is East to Rome; a dream to "Greeks", what is Greek in Turkey returned, who just like "Turks", have the same sense of "belonging".

"Greeks" and "Turks" are the same. "They" are not the same as Cypriots (or Greeks, or Turks). Greek and Turkish mostly, yes, to describe them, Cypriots as people, but, who in effect, as a People, with roots much older.

Greeks as a Nation have in effect two States to look to as representing Greeks in the Modern world. Indeed the modern world should be looked at by Greeks with a great deal of humility, what with its "Greekness".

:lol: It took you some time to respond, RW. :mrgreen:

...and you're still wrong... RoC not Cyprus, etc. :roll:
User avatar
kurupetos
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 18375
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:46 pm
Location: Cyprus

Previous

Return to Politics and Elections

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests