The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


Getting a speeding fine removed from my passport (The North)

Ask any specific question related to Cyprus.

Getting a speeding fine removed from my passport (The North)

Postby Delphy2001 » Sat May 26, 2018 7:02 pm

Afternoon all,

I took my car over to the North and got a speeding fine. I only found out when I came over the nicosia crossing again and was told by the custom lady. I promptly paid it and kept my receipt. However every time I go through for a visit I have to show it and they look very confused at the receipt that I have now laminated so it doesn't disintigrate. They always accept it and allow me to move on but it normally involves phone calls and a 20min delay holding up the queue. They say they haven't the power to remove it but don't tell me what to do...

Any advice greatly appreciated
Delphy2001
Trial Member
Trial Member
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat May 26, 2018 11:52 am

Re: Getting a speeding fine removed from my passport (The No

Postby Sotos » Sat May 26, 2018 7:23 pm

How is all that related with your passport? And why do you need to go to the occupied areas so often?
User avatar
Sotos
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 11107
Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2005 2:50 am

Re: Getting a speeding fine removed from my passport (The No

Postby Delphy2001 » Sat May 26, 2018 7:38 pm

Sotos wrote:How is all that related with your passport? And why do you need to go to the occupied areas so often?


Thanks for the reply. Not exactly what I was asking. But if you feel the information may help you answer my legitimate question.

The speeding fine is linked to your passport hence the customs officers ask me everytime they scan me in. I visit 3 times a year..... Just because

Anything else?
Delphy2001
Trial Member
Trial Member
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat May 26, 2018 11:52 am

Re: Getting a speeding fine removed from my passport (The No

Postby Sotos » Sat May 26, 2018 7:53 pm

Delphy2001 wrote:
Sotos wrote:How is all that related with your passport? And why do you need to go to the occupied areas so often?


Thanks for the reply. Not exactly what I was asking. But if you feel the information may help you answer my legitimate question.

The speeding fine is linked to your passport hence the customs officers ask me everytime they scan me in. I visit 3 times a year..... Just because

Anything else?


A) Ask them to remove the record from their system
B) Get a new passport
C) Stop visiting
User avatar
Sotos
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 11107
Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2005 2:50 am

Re: Getting a speeding fine removed from my passport (The No

Postby Delphy2001 » Sat May 26, 2018 8:03 pm

Best

Cypriot (TNRC and Republic)

Community

Forum

Ever
Delphy2001
Trial Member
Trial Member
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat May 26, 2018 11:52 am

Re: Getting a speeding fine removed from my passport (The No

Postby GreekIslandGirl » Sat May 26, 2018 10:06 pm

Troll2001 wrote:Any advice greatly appreciated


Yes, brush your teeth at least twice a day.
User avatar
GreekIslandGirl
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 9083
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:03 am

Re: Getting a speeding fine removed from my passport (The No

Postby repulsewarrior » Sat May 26, 2018 11:07 pm

...yiasou Delphy.

option four, get another speeding ticket, don't pay it so that you can see a judge if it gets to it.

...but i would not recommend this choice.
User avatar
repulsewarrior
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8056
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:13 am
Location: homeless in Canada

Re: Getting a speeding fine removed from my passport (The No

Postby Get Real! » Sun May 27, 2018 12:29 am

In other words…

“I’ve been a very naughty boy and now I’m getting punished… what should I do?”

Well here’s an idea… take it like a man and shut up!
User avatar
Get Real!
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 41954
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:25 am
Location: Nicosia

Re: Getting a speeding fine removed from my passport (The No

Postby Lordo » Sun May 27, 2018 11:24 am

Delphy2001 wrote:Afternoon all,

I took my car over to the North and got a speeding fine. I only found out when I came over the nicosia crossing again and was told by the custom lady. I promptly paid it and kept my receipt. However every time I go through for a visit I have to show it and they look very confused at the receipt that I have now laminated so it doesn't disintigrate. They always accept it and allow me to move on but it normally involves phone calls and a 20min delay holding up the queue. They say they haven't the power to remove it but don't tell me what to do...

Any advice greatly appreciated


The record is in the Central Nicosia Police Station in the north. There is only one way to update the record of the fine on the system and that is to produce the evidence in that office. If by any chance they do not do it there, they will know exactly which office does it. The border control office may be a seperate office attached to them. The Central Nicosia Station in the north is walking distance from Ledra Street crossing opposite the Saray Hotel.

If I was you, I would grab a TC to take you around and speak for you, you will not be so fustrated. If you pop into Buyuk Han one any Saturday at 11 am, you will find the Cyprus Coffee Club members there and I am sure a TC there would offer to help free of charge. And of course you will make a lot of TCs and GCs friends who are friendly and totally unlike some of the swine who reside in certain quarters on the digital world.
User avatar
Lordo
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 11644
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: softalar, banana republic

Re: Getting a speeding fine removed from my passport (The No

Postby B25 » Sun May 27, 2018 1:05 pm

Delphy2001 wrote:Afternoon all,

I took my car over to the North and got a speeding fine. I only found out when I came over the nicosia crossing again and was told by the custom lady. I promptly paid it and kept my receipt. However every time I go through for a visit I have to show it and they look very confused at the receipt that I have now laminated so it doesn't disintigrate. They always accept it and allow me to move on but it normally involves phone calls and a 20min delay holding up the queue. They say they haven't the power to remove it but don't tell me what to do...

Any advice greatly appreciated


You are dealing with crooks and criminals in the occupied areas. There is no such place as 'The North', it is illegally held by invading Turkish forces.

By going that side you are supporting the occupation regime, preventing 200,000 GCs that are waiting to return to their homes and insulting the memory of the GCs that were brutally murdered when Turkey invaded in 1974.

Do you really expect and legality in this fine business??
User avatar
B25
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 6246
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:03 pm
Location: ** Classified **

Next

Return to Cyprus Questions and Answers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests