The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


Will a Clown enter no.10 ??

Feel free to talk about anything that you want.

Re: Will a Clown enter no.10 ??

Postby erolz66 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:51 pm

Paphitis wrote:BREXIT is a true celebration of democracy and it is amazing to see Britain free itself from EU occupation.

You got to worry when Turks are all supportive of the EU despite never having a hope in hell of joining because they want to turn Europe and Cyprus into a Caliphate.

One of them even said Greece needs to re balance it’s population. Mmmm. Let’s rebalance the population with more gangsters and criminals and do away with Greece’s culture completely.

Nice one Turks! :lol:

And you got to worry more when they pretend they are interested in Greece’s well-being by applauding the exit of Golden Dawn with some other foreigners who should butt out! :D

Go Britain Go!


A clearer example of 'demagoguery' in action would be hard to imagine. Thanks for showing so clearly your commitment to and belief in demagoguery and demonstrating that your views are not the result of 'reason' but are all about trying to present a view based on 'faith' as being one based on 'reason' and failing abysmally.
erolz66
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 2111
Joined: Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:31 pm

Re: Will a Clown enter no.10 ??

Postby erolz66 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:57 pm

cyprusgrump wrote: ...but the twists and turns of the Remainers over the past three years - trying to convince everybody that black is white if it suits their argument - are hilarious to watch! :lol:


Trying to convince anyone, let alone everyone, that there is nothing 'democratically deficient' in a system that allows the leader of a country to be chosen by only 0.25% of the population and ignores the will of the other 99.75%, because that suits your argument, is not itself trying to convince everyone that black is white ? You think these attempts by you are not hilarious to watch for me ? LOL.
erolz66
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 2111
Joined: Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:31 pm

Re: Will a Clown enter no.10 ??

Postby erolz66 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:59 pm

Paphitis wrote: Take a look a Twitter. They have their own little echo chamber.


Are you seriously going to try and suggest that those you disagree with have their own little echo chambers on twitter but that those you do agree with do NOT have exactly the same ? LOL. If you want to see an 'echo chamber' in action you only have to look at this thread and see how much you chose to ignore things I have raised vs how much you prefer to 'echo around' with cyprusgrump.
erolz66
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 2111
Joined: Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:31 pm

Re: Will a Clown enter no.10 ??

Postby cyprusgrump » Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:57 pm

erolz66 wrote:Trying to convince anyone, let alone everyone, that there is nothing 'democratically deficient' in a system that allows the leader of a country to be chosen by only 0.25% of the population and ignores the will of the other 99.75%, because that suits your argument, is not itself trying to convince everyone that black is white ? You think these attempts by you are not hilarious to watch for me ? LOL.



Look, we completely understand your position on all this!

You want to change all the unfortunate rules that don’t suit your position of staying in the EU right?

So, changing the way party leaders are chosen, re-run the referendum, no confidence votes, you name it and we get it, we understand. We’ve seen enough of it over the past three years to know that Remainers will do anything to avoid the Brexit that the public voted for.

But please! Don’t in parallel bang on about democratic deficiency because it is clear that Remainers have no interest in democracy whatsoever. :lol:
User avatar
cyprusgrump
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 6908
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2005 4:35 pm
Location: Pissouri, Cyprus

Re: Will a Clown enter no.10 ??

Postby erolz66 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:29 pm

cyprusgrump wrote:Look, we completely understand your position on all this!

You want to change all the unfortunate rules that don’t suit your position of staying in the EU right?


No not at all. My objective here, in the face of your repeated attempts to try and show to yourself and others that you want to leave the EU because of 'logical reasons', is to provide actual evidence, logically consistent evidence, that despite what you want to believe and want others to believe is the 'source' of your desire to leave the EU, it is in fact more based in 'faith' than 'reason'.

cyprusgrump wrote:So, changing the way party leaders are chosen, re-run the referendum, no confidence votes, you name it and we get it, we understand. We’ve seen enough of it over the past three years to know that Remainers will do anything to avoid the Brexit that the public voted for.


I will not generalise on 'leavers' or 'remainers' in the way you do. Such serves no useful purpose and neither does it reflect any objective reality imo. I will say that imo YOU are providing ample evidence that YOU will say anything, do anything. to try and convince yourself and others that your desire to leave is rooted in 'reason' when in reality it is not it is rooted in 'faith'.

cyprusgrump wrote:But please! Don’t in parallel bang on about democratic deficiency because it is clear that Remainers have no interest in democracy whatsoever. :lol:


Mate YOU are the one who first started banging on about 'democratic deficiency' and tried to use it as a 'reason' why you support leaving the EU and then when faced with the reality that such deficiency are not unique to the EU, exist in all democratic system of governance to one degree or another, simply retreat in to denial and insults and in the process add weight to my suggestion that your desire to leave the EU is not in fact rooted in 'reason' but is rooted in 'faith'. Which of course you do not like.

(by the way the public did not vote for a no deal exit from the EU. All the evidence suggest there is no democratic mandate for such an exit, even though we did vote to exit and the only way to show there is such a mandate for such an exit would be to ask that question directly via a referendum, something that you demand is 'unacceptable' and almost certainly your demand that such is unacceptable is linked to the you knowing that there is no such mandate for such an exit and never has been)
erolz66
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 2111
Joined: Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:31 pm

Re: Will a Clown enter no.10 ??

Postby miltiades » Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:39 pm

Erolz, the reason this guy and others like him want out of the EU has nothing whatsoever to do with either the economy or democracy. It is purely down to a virus that affects millions. It's medical name is LEM. Stands for Little Englander Mentality.
You know, we are British, we won the war twice and other such symptoms of the LEM . They don't give a toss that Sterling is suffering, they don't care that they are worst off just as long that Rule Brittania blah blah. Mate I know them well. I lived amongst them for 56 years.
User avatar
miltiades
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 17316
Joined: Thu Apr 13, 2006 10:01 pm

Re: Will a Clown enter no.10 ??

Postby cyprusgrump » Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:34 pm

erolz66 wrote:
cyprusgrump wrote:Look, we completely understand your position on all this!

You want to change all the unfortunate rules that don’t suit your position of staying in the EU right?


No not at all. My objective here, in the face of your repeated attempts to try and show to yourself and others that you want to leave the EU because of 'logical reasons', is to provide actual evidence, logically consistent evidence, that despite what you want to believe and want others to believe is the 'source' of your desire to leave the EU, it is in fact more based in 'faith' than 'reason'.

cyprusgrump wrote:So, changing the way party leaders are chosen, re-run the referendum, no confidence votes, you name it and we get it, we understand. We’ve seen enough of it over the past three years to know that Remainers will do anything to avoid the Brexit that the public voted for.


I will not generalise on 'leavers' or 'remainers' in the way you do. Such serves no useful purpose and neither does it reflect any objective reality imo. I will say that imo YOU are providing ample evidence that YOU will say anything, do anything. to try and convince yourself and others that your desire to leave is rooted in 'reason' when in reality it is not it is rooted in 'faith'.

cyprusgrump wrote:But please! Don’t in parallel bang on about democratic deficiency because it is clear that Remainers have no interest in democracy whatsoever. :lol:


Mate YOU are the one who first started banging on about 'democratic deficiency' and tried to use it as a 'reason' why you support leaving the EU and then when faced with the reality that such deficiency are not unique to the EU, exist in all democratic system of governance to one degree or another, simply retreat in to denial and insults and in the process add weight to my suggestion that your desire to leave the EU is not in fact rooted in 'reason' but is rooted in 'faith'. Which of course you do not like.

(by the way the public did not vote for a no deal exit from the EU. All the evidence suggest there is no democratic mandate for such an exit, even though we did vote to exit and the only way to show there is such a mandate for such an exit would be to ask that question directly via a referendum, something that you demand is 'unacceptable' and almost certainly your demand that such is unacceptable is linked to the you knowing that there is no such mandate for such an exit and never has been)


I see democracy is alive and well in the EU! :lol:

It is a wonder they didn't just print an 'X' in the box on the ballot form and have done with it... :roll:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
cyprusgrump
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 6908
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2005 4:35 pm
Location: Pissouri, Cyprus

Re: Will a Clown enter no.10 ??

Postby miltiades » Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:00 pm

Hi mate !! Still think it's for the good of our country coming out of the EU I note !!
Not bloody good for the pound in your pocket though is it Plonker? Now the MMR BELOW 1.11. You should get around 1.07 euros to the pound. Massive drop from previous Brexit vote, but I dont for a second think the likes of you care, just as long as we ....have our country back !! What a load of first class bonkers!!
User avatar
miltiades
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 17316
Joined: Thu Apr 13, 2006 10:01 pm

Previous

Return to General Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest