The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


Greek Elections

Everything related to politics in Cyprus and the rest of the world.

Re: Greek Elections

Postby Zenon33 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:05 pm

miltiades wrote:The EU is not the reason of the Greek economy almost collapsing. The main reason is the endemic to Greeks loathing of paying their taxes, those that pay are seen by most as " malakes" wankers.
The Greeks are entirely responsible for their financial difficulties just as the Cypriots are. Self inflicted without a shadow of a doubt.
Corruption is rampant, the rich get richer, they are selfish, showoffs, manipulative with their heads burried in sand. The worst possible Greek is the rich Greek.
Now they have someone to blame, the EU, before it was Αμερικανικό δάχτυλο, American finger. To think that Cypriots wanted union with this corrupt nation !!




Who wants union?. Maybe in 1970, not now.
And Cyprus is not Greece, our unemployment now is below France and Italy's. The gdp is growing at 3.4% like the USA, we are definitely not Greece.
User avatar
Zenon33
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 677
Joined: Mon Jul 06, 2015 3:49 pm
Location: Limassol, Cyprus

Re: Greek Elections

Postby Paphitis » Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:17 pm

DT. wrote:
erolz66 wrote:
Paphitis wrote:Spot on!

I will always support political pluralism as well. you can't just silence a section of the community even if you disagree with their message.


Yeah because the Greek people choosing in this democratic election to return zero golden dawn members of parliament vs their choice in the previous election where they returned 18, clearly represents an attempt to 'silence a section of the community that they do not agree with'. Plonker.


:roll: sigh....

Logic never been his strong point Erolz


I am completely happy and accepting of the verdict of the Greek populace. I got no problem with them not voting GD and I am hardly a big supporter of them either.

My vote would have gone to New Democracy and I want this Government to work out. History however tells me that these establishment politicians sometimes don’t work well for Greece and hope that is incorrect on this occasion.

As such I am always thinking a strong opposition a voice would be good. I don’t trust Syriza but I was also hoping Varoufakis got a few seats even though I don’t agree with his Communist outlook I always respected him for his hardline anti EU stance.

His daughter is a weird cat though and a Billery supporter. How can anyone literally be a Billery Shortfused supporter? Weird! I guess she also likes Shillery too!

My comment was made because I don’t like shit stirring comments from foreigners and criminal Turks like Erik’s. When people like that rejoice I start to worry and wish we had the pluralism of GD in the house with Varoufakis and others because it adds to our democracy. Plus I also don’t want GD to get back to their old tricks on the streets and start terrorizing people. That’s not right. Better to have them on the inner and under control. Them on the outer isn’t a good thing.
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 24928
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Re: Greek Elections

Postby Paphitis » Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:48 pm

Oh and btw DT, our family is connected to the ND party in Greece.

The God Sister who lives in New York is Greek and the daughter of one of their MPs. He is a Top surgeon in Greece.

That’s because my wife was born in Athens and was quickly baptized by the doctor because they thought she was gonna die.

His wife calls GD the only patriots left in Greece and she votes ND obviously. But neither like their old methods but they acknowledge the fact they do raise good points sometimes.

I think you need to check yourself DT. Our family has an interesting history and we probably know more about Greece than you do.

I talk to this ND MP a lot as well. We get along real well and he is a logical and sophisticated man. Religious and loving and a strong man too. I always see him when I go to Greece.
Last edited by Paphitis on Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 24928
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Re: Greek Elections

Postby Cap » Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:55 pm

miltiades wrote:The EU is not the reason of the Greek economy almost collapsing. The main reason is the endemic to Greeks loathing of paying their taxes, those that pay are seen by most as " malakes" wankers.
The Greeks are entirely responsible for their financial difficulties just as the Cypriots are. Self inflicted without a shadow of a doubt.
Corruption is rampant, the rich get richer, they are selfish, showoffs, manipulative with their heads burried in sand. The worst possible Greek is the rich Greek.
Now they have someone to blame, the EU, before it was Αμερικανικό δάχτυλο, American finger. To think that Cypriots wanted union with this corrupt nation !!


You nailed it Milti.
User avatar
Cap
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 7065
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2007 12:55 pm
Location: Cypriot Empire

Re: Greek Elections

Postby Paphitis » Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:57 pm

Cap wrote:
miltiades wrote:The EU is not the reason of the Greek economy almost collapsing. The main reason is the endemic to Greeks loathing of paying their taxes, those that pay are seen by most as " malakes" wankers.
The Greeks are entirely responsible for their financial difficulties just as the Cypriots are. Self inflicted without a shadow of a doubt.
Corruption is rampant, the rich get richer, they are selfish, showoffs, manipulative with their heads burried in sand. The worst possible Greek is the rich Greek.
Now they have someone to blame, the EU, before it was Αμερικανικό δάχτυλο, American finger. To think that Cypriots wanted union with this corrupt nation !!


You nailed it Milti.


Explain Ireland, Spain, Portugal and Italy please.

Self inflicted too?

If these countries can’t make it in the Eurobond, what makes you think Greece and Cyprus can?

You are all delusional!
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 24928
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Re: Greek Elections

Postby Cap » Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:06 pm

Paphitis wrote:
Cap wrote:
miltiades wrote:The EU is not the reason of the Greek economy almost collapsing. The main reason is the endemic to Greeks loathing of paying their taxes, those that pay are seen by most as " malakes" wankers.
The Greeks are entirely responsible for their financial difficulties just as the Cypriots are. Self inflicted without a shadow of a doubt.
Corruption is rampant, the rich get richer, they are selfish, showoffs, manipulative with their heads burried in sand. The worst possible Greek is the rich Greek.
Now they have someone to blame, the EU, before it was Αμερικανικό δάχτυλο, American finger. To think that Cypriots wanted union with this corrupt nation !!


You nailed it Milti.


Explain Ireland, Spain, Portugal and Italy please.

Self inflicted too?

If these countries can’t make it in the Eurobond, what makes you think Greece and Cyprus can?

You are all delusional!


Easy.
ALL exited the EU financial austerity measures AHEAD of Greece.
Even Cyprus.

Greece was STONE last... as usual.
User avatar
Cap
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 7065
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2007 12:55 pm
Location: Cypriot Empire

Re: Greek Elections

Postby erolz66 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:40 pm

Paphitis wrote: I am completely happy and accepting of the verdict of the Greek populace. I got no problem with them not voting GD and I am hardly a big supporter of them either.


And yet your first response to my comment "Bye bye to Golden Dawn's presence in the Greek parliament." WAS to start waffling on about the dangers of trying to suppress sections of the coumminty you do not agree with. Funny that no ?
erolz66
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 2577
Joined: Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:31 pm

Re: Greek Elections

Postby erolz66 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:49 pm

Paphitis wrote:Explain Ireland, ...


That would be the Ireland that on a list of richest countries by GDP per head of population comes out ahead of the USA and Australia and almost every other (real) country in the world, would it. Is that the Ireland that 'can not make it in the EU' ?

(sources https://www.worldatlas.com/articles/the ... world.html
http://worldpopulationreview.com/countr ... es-by-gdp/
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_GDP_(PPP)_per_capita
and a hundred others that all show the same)

Paphitis wrote:You are all delusional!


Well someone here is but you may have to start looking a bit closer to home that 'you all'.
erolz66
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 2577
Joined: Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:31 pm

Re: Greek Elections

Postby Maximus » Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:33 pm

Cap wrote:
Paphitis wrote:
Explain Ireland, Spain, Portugal and Italy please.

Self inflicted too?

If these countries can’t make it in the Eurobond, what makes you think Greece and Cyprus can?

You are all delusional!


Easy.
ALL exited the EU financial austerity measures AHEAD of Greece.
Even Cyprus.

Greece was STONE last... as usual.


Greece was only last because she was the most indebted of them all. The loan of 320 billion was the biggest bailout of a country in history. She came first here. :)

So, Of all of them, Greece had the biggest up hill battle and some financial commentators are saying her rebound is remarkable compared to the others in a similar boat.
Maximus
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 4948
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:23 pm

Re: Greek Elections

Postby erolz66 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:34 pm

Zenon33 wrote:Who wants union?. Maybe in 1970, not now.


And what about in 1 May 2004 ?

Zenon33 wrote:And Cyprus is not Greece,....


It warms the very cockles of my Cypriot heart to hear you say it :) Now if you could go from there to Cyprus is not Greek - well then Ill be breaking out the bubbly. I would even take Cyprus is not just Greek.
erolz66
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 2577
Joined: Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:31 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Politics and Elections

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest