The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


the role media plays in elections

Everything related to politics in Cyprus and the rest of the world.

the role media plays in elections

Postby Lordo » Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:21 am

i could not believe the comment today by a presenter when he was describing what is going on in the uk. responding to the comment that corbyn has written to the leaders of all opposition parties exlaining to them that he will ask for a no confidence vote and will then ask for their support in winning a confidence vote so they can:
1. delay brexit temporarily
2. call for an election
3. if he wins continue to nogotiate with the eu and get a deal
4. put the deal to the people to confirm that it iindeed what they voted for in 2016

this was discribed by nico ferrari on lbc as a coup. in which universe is the opposition holding the government to account a coup. what other function does an opposition have in parliament.

another described corbyn as untrustworthy and went on a tirade on how if he gets in he may not hold election. without even considering that he heads a minority government with the support of other parties and how long would they support him if he does not do as he promissed.
User avatar
Lordo
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 12613
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: softalar, banana republic

Re: the role media plays in elections

Postby Londonrake » Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:42 pm

Lordo wrote:i could not believe the comment today by a presenter when he was describing what is going on in the uk. responding to the comment that corbyn has written to the leaders of all opposition parties exlaining to them that he will ask for a no confidence vote and will then ask for their support in winning a confidence vote so they can:
1. delay brexit temporarily
2. call for an election
3. if he wins continue to nogotiate with the eu and get a deal
4. put the deal to the people to confirm that it iindeed what they voted for in 2016

this was discribed by nico ferrari on lbc as a coup. in which universe is the opposition holding the government to account a coup. what other function does an opposition have in parliament.

another described corbyn as untrustworthy and went on a tirade on how if he gets in he may not hold election. without even considering that he heads a minority government with the support of other parties and how long would they support him if he does not do as he promissed.


It ain’t gonna happen. Corbyn couldn’t even command the confidence of his own MPs, let alone a cross-party affair.

In a parliamentary Labour Party vote of confidence 172 wanted to get rid of him. It was only Ed Miliband’s daft new rules, which allowed every Citizen Smith to join Labour, for the price of a cheese sandwich, then vote in the leadership contest, from their bedroom on a smartphone, even after the contest had started, that saved his arse. Ironically, Milliband’s a Jew. So funny! :lol:

I believe Corbyn said he would call an election and campaign for a second referendum, within which one of the options would be to stay in the EU. Thus neatly splitting the leave vote.

I think the leader of a political party which was never voted into government becoming Prime Minister, without one of those annoying election things, could reasonably be described as a coup.

Let’s not forget history (again). This is a man who, as a backbencher, voted against every piece of EU related legislation for 37 years.
Londonrake
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 1405
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:19 pm
Location: ROC

Re: the role media plays in elections

Postby Lordo » Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:12 pm

Londonrake wrote:
Lordo wrote:i could not believe the comment today by a presenter when he was describing what is going on in the uk. responding to the comment that corbyn has written to the leaders of all opposition parties exlaining to them that he will ask for a no confidence vote and will then ask for their support in winning a confidence vote so they can:
1. delay brexit temporarily
2. call for an election
3. if he wins continue to nogotiate with the eu and get a deal
4. put the deal to the people to confirm that it iindeed what they voted for in 2016

this was discribed by nico ferrari on lbc as a coup. in which universe is the opposition holding the government to account a coup. what other function does an opposition have in parliament.

another described corbyn as untrustworthy and went on a tirade on how if he gets in he may not hold election. without even considering that he heads a minority government with the support of other parties and how long would they support him if he does not do as he promissed.


It ain’t gonna happen. Corbyn couldn’t even command the confidence of his own MPs, let alone a cross-party affair.

In a parliamentary Labour Party vote of confidence 172 wanted to get rid of him. It was only Ed Miliband’s daft new rules, which allowed every Citizen Smith to join Labour, for the price of a cheese sandwich, then vote in the leadership contest, from their bedroom on a smartphone, even after the contest had started, that saved his arse. Ironically, Milliband’s a Jew. So funny! :lol:

I believe Corbyn said he would call an election and campaign for a second referendum, within which one of the options would be to stay in the EU. Thus neatly splitting the leave vote.

I think the leader of a political party which was never voted into government becoming Prime Minister, without one of those annoying election things, could reasonably be described as a coup.

Let’s not forget history (again). This is a man who, as a backbencher, voted against every piece of EU related legislation for 37 years.

you can always tell a tory boy from a mile away. now lets have a look at reality.

corbyn took ver the party at thelowest point of the labour party with 5 milion labour voters did not vote
labour was 20 points behind in the polls when may foolishly decided to go for an election thinking she would increase her majority not that it would make a blind bit of dfference to the eu
wallah the result.

torys got 13 million votes and corbyn got 12 million. and that was with all the mess that the labour mps and shadow cabinet misters caused. but hey sometimes the old wood has to be cleared. all those who opposed corbyn in such a underhand maner have lost control forever. an i see you don't like a party being in control of its own members. i love your idea of democracy. you are closer to stalinf then thatcher was

een if the bitch is does not support corby, when it comes to no deal crash, they will. after all what is it for, to extend article 50, get a new deal and put it to the vote.

i love these democrats who keep talking about respecting democracy but are scared shitless from a vote. notice corbyn aint afraid of nobody. his concience is clear. he is here to serve us not his own interests.

all tories deserve a fair trial and locked up for what they have done to this country in the last 9 years. and i mean all of them including those who vote for them.

any labour mp who does not support corbyn in a confidence vote will be removed by their local party.
User avatar
Lordo
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 12613
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: softalar, banana republic

Re: the role media plays in elections

Postby Londonrake » Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:57 pm

Blah, blah. :roll:

It won’t happen. Swinson has already said they won’t accept Corbyn. Corbyn that it’s got to be him. Soubry’s saying over my dead body. Some of the Tory rebels - not a chance. The lot of them wouldn’t be able to agree on the day of the week.

And the idea of a cobbled together group of odds ‘n’ sods, without a single representative for the 17,410,742 who voted to leave the EU, unelected by the population, calling itself a “Government of National Unity” is too funny for words. But then, apparently I’m looking at “Democracy” all wrong. :roll:

BTW. Drop the slagging off, or talk to your fucking self. Which you seem to be doing most of the time anyway. :wink:
Last edited by Londonrake on Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Londonrake
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 1405
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:19 pm
Location: ROC

Re: the role media plays in elections

Postby Paphitis » Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:07 pm

Lordo wrote:i could not believe the comment today by a presenter when he was describing what is going on in the uk. responding to the comment that corbyn has written to the leaders of all opposition parties exlaining to them that he will ask for a no confidence vote and will then ask for their support in winning a confidence vote so they can:
1. delay brexit temporarily
2. call for an election
3. if he wins continue to nogotiate with the eu and get a deal
4. put the deal to the people to confirm that it iindeed what they voted for in 2016

this was discribed by nico ferrari on lbc as a coup. in which universe is the opposition holding the government to account a coup. what other function does an opposition have in parliament.

another described corbyn as untrustworthy and went on a tirade on how if he gets in he may not hold election. without even considering that he heads a minority government with the support of other parties and how long would they support him if he does not do as he promissed.


There is a block of at least 20 Labor MPs that will break off and vote for BOJO.

There may even be 30 to 50 of them that will vote for BOJO.

the reason being is that even Labor MPs hate Corbyn because they think he is a radical communist with stupid ideas and that he is dangerous for the country. There are also those Labor MPs hat actually support BREXIT as well.

So GOOD LUCK! :lol:

Now stop complaining about the media. they are on YOUR side. BBC, Channel 4 and you name it - all on your side.

But the people are not stupid and they appear to be fed up with you lot.
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 24249
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Re: the role media plays in elections

Postby Lordo » Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:26 pm

Paphitis wrote:
Lordo wrote:i could not believe the comment today by a presenter when he was describing what is going on in the uk. responding to the comment that corbyn has written to the leaders of all opposition parties exlaining to them that he will ask for a no confidence vote and will then ask for their support in winning a confidence vote so they can:
1. delay brexit temporarily
2. call for an election
3. if he wins continue to nogotiate with the eu and get a deal
4. put the deal to the people to confirm that it iindeed what they voted for in 2016

this was discribed by nico ferrari on lbc as a coup. in which universe is the opposition holding the government to account a coup. what other function does an opposition have in parliament.

another described corbyn as untrustworthy and went on a tirade on how if he gets in he may not hold election. without even considering that he heads a minority government with the support of other parties and how long would they support him if he does not do as he promissed.


There is a block of at least 20 Labor MPs that will break off and vote for BOJO.

There may even be 30 to 50 of them that will vote for BOJO.

the reason being is that even Labor MPs hate Corbyn because they think he is a radical communist with stupid ideas and that he is dangerous for the country. There are also those Labor MPs hat actually support BREXIT as well.

So GOOD LUCK! :lol:

Now stop complaining about the media. they are on YOUR side. BBC, Channel 4 and you name it - all on your side.

But the people are not stupid and they appear to be fed up with you lot.

you are clearly clueless about these matters. not paying attention to what is going on here. during the votes about brexit when the thee line whip was used not more than 5 labour mps rebelled. any labour mp that does not vote to bring this government down will be deslected. their career is over. simples even the bloomin meercat understand this.

as to the bbc being on brexit side, you are clearly not paying attention. bbc is the mouth piece of the tory party. most the media is under control of murdoch another bustard fascist australian.

you really have had a very sheltered life. has your daddy taught you nofink boy.
User avatar
Lordo
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 12613
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: softalar, banana republic

Re: the role media plays in elections

Postby Paphitis » Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:33 pm

Lordo wrote:
Paphitis wrote:
Lordo wrote:i could not believe the comment today by a presenter when he was describing what is going on in the uk. responding to the comment that corbyn has written to the leaders of all opposition parties exlaining to them that he will ask for a no confidence vote and will then ask for their support in winning a confidence vote so they can:
1. delay brexit temporarily
2. call for an election
3. if he wins continue to nogotiate with the eu and get a deal
4. put the deal to the people to confirm that it iindeed what they voted for in 2016

this was discribed by nico ferrari on lbc as a coup. in which universe is the opposition holding the government to account a coup. what other function does an opposition have in parliament.

another described corbyn as untrustworthy and went on a tirade on how if he gets in he may not hold election. without even considering that he heads a minority government with the support of other parties and how long would they support him if he does not do as he promissed.


There is a block of at least 20 Labor MPs that will break off and vote for BOJO.

There may even be 30 to 50 of them that will vote for BOJO.

the reason being is that even Labor MPs hate Corbyn because they think he is a radical communist with stupid ideas and that he is dangerous for the country. There are also those Labor MPs hat actually support BREXIT as well.

So GOOD LUCK! :lol:

Now stop complaining about the media. they are on YOUR side. BBC, Channel 4 and you name it - all on your side.

But the people are not stupid and they appear to be fed up with you lot.

you are clearly clueless about these matters. not paying attention to what is going on here. during the votes about brexit when the thee line whip was used not more than 5 labour mps rebelled. any labour mp that does not vote to bring this government down will be deslected. their career is over. simples even the bloomin meercat understand this.

as to the bbc being on brexit side, you are clearly not paying attention. bbc is the mouth piece of the tory party. most the media is under control of murdoch another bustard fascist australian.

you really have had a very sheltered life. has your daddy taught you nofink boy.


Your edumication continues. Don't say I don't do anything for you OK.. :lol:

User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 24249
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Re: the role media plays in elections

Postby cyprusgrump » Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:39 pm

Londonrake wrote:Blah, blah. :roll:

It won’t happen. Swinson has already said they won’t accept Corbyn. Corbyn that it’s got to be him. Soubry’s saying over my dead body. Some of the Tory rebels - not a chance. The lot of them wouldn’t be able to agree on the day of the week.

And the idea of a cobbled together group of odds ‘n’ sods, without a single representative for the 17,410,742 who voted to leave the EU, unelected by the population, calling itself a “Government of National Unity” is too funny for words. But then, apparently I’m looking at “Democracy” all wrong. :roll:

BTW. Drop the slagging off, or talk to your fucking self. Which you seem to be doing most of the time anyway. :wink:



:lol: :lol: :lol:

Excellent! :D

It has been a long wait for Brexit...

...but once it happens, imagine how much fun we are going to have - going through the old posts of Tweedle-Dumb and Tweedle-Dumber and reminding them how completely fucking wrong they were about everything! :lol:
User avatar
cyprusgrump
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 7143
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2005 4:35 pm
Location: Pissouri, Cyprus

Re: the role media plays in elections

Postby Paphitis » Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:44 pm

cyprusgrump wrote:
Londonrake wrote:Blah, blah.

It won’t happen. Swinson has already said they won’t accept Corbyn. Corbyn that it’s got to be him. Soubry’s saying over my dead body. Some of the Tory rebels - not a chance. The lot of them wouldn’t be able to agree on the day of the week.

And the idea of a cobbled together group of odds ‘n’ sods, without a single representative for the 17,410,742 who voted to leave the EU, unelected by the population, calling itself a “Government of National Unity” is too funny for words. But then, apparently I’m looking at “Democracy” all wrong. :roll:

BTW. Drop the slagging off, or talk to your fucking self. Which you seem to be doing most of the time anyway. :wink:



:lol: :lol: :lol:

Excellent! :D

It has been a long wait for Brexit...

...but once it happens, imagine how much fun we are going to have - going through the old posts of Tweedle-Dumb and Tweedle-Dumber and reminding them how completely fucking wrong they were about everything! :lol:


:lol: :lol:

Oh so much fun to be had with tweedledumb and tweedledumber.

Oh wait, which one is Miltiades? I am guessing Tweededumber! :lol:
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 24249
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Re: the role media plays in elections

Postby Lordo » Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:44 am

cyprusgrump wrote:
Londonrake wrote:Blah, blah. :roll:

It won’t happen. Swinson has already said they won’t accept Corbyn. Corbyn that it’s got to be him. Soubry’s saying over my dead body. Some of the Tory rebels - not a chance. The lot of them wouldn’t be able to agree on the day of the week.

And the idea of a cobbled together group of odds ‘n’ sods, without a single representative for the 17,410,742 who voted to leave the EU, unelected by the population, calling itself a “Government of National Unity” is too funny for words. But then, apparently I’m looking at “Democracy” all wrong. :roll:

BTW. Drop the slagging off, or talk to your fucking self. Which you seem to be doing most of the time anyway. :wink:



:lol: :lol: :lol:

Excellent! :D

It has been a long wait for Brexit...

...but once it happens, imagine how much fun we are going to have - going through the old posts of Tweedle-Dumb and Tweedle-Dumber and reminding them how completely fucking wrong they were about everything! :lol:

when push comes to shove you will learn how to shit inwards.

can you imagine the balls on the bitch, trying to tell labour who can be their leader. she can shove it.

here is a thought.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
Lordo
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 12613
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: softalar, banana republic

Next

Return to Politics and Elections

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest