The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


Well looks like the Surrender Bill might be illegal

Everything related to politics in Cyprus and the rest of the world.

Re: Well looks like the Surrender Bill might be illegal

Postby Paphitis » Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:25 pm

MR-from-NG wrote:
B25 wrote:
MR-from-NG wrote:
B25 wrote:what odds do you give??

How does 2 to 1 sound?


With such small odds you don't even sound sure of yourself!

Give me 5 to 1, if I win you give the money to a charity of my choosing and I will do the same if you do. I will wager 100 pounds on those odds. Are you in??

B25, nobody knows what will happen, we're all speculating, going with our gut feeling. I like giving to charity and I'm happy to go along with your suggestion but my odds are fair and realistic so my offer stands at 2 to 1.


You guys are lying out of your arses.

The rest of us know what is going to happen. Trade will continue and Britain will gain control.
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 32303
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Re: Well looks like the Surrender Bill might be illegal

Postby Lordo » Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:49 pm

i thought this was about surrender bill and it was meant to be ilegal. you are one stpid idiot. find out how much it costs to be a member of the eu and then compared that to how much it would cost under wto rules by any country and than you will see what shitty set up it is. there is a reason why of all the countries in the world only 3 trade with wto only, the rest are with ftas and it takes years to negotiate ftas. stop talking shit and concentrate on your driving boy.
User avatar
Lordo
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 21729
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: From the river to the sea, Palestine will be free. Walk on Swine walk on

Re: Well looks like the Surrender Bill might be illegal

Postby Paphitis » Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:47 pm

Lordo wrote:i thought this was about surrender bill and it was meant to be ilegal. you are one stpid idiot. find out how much it costs to be a member of the eu and then compared that to how much it would cost under wto rules by any country and than you will see what shitty set up it is. there is a reason why of all the countries in the world only 3 trade with wto only, the rest are with ftas and it takes years to negotiate ftas. stop talking shit and concentrate on your driving boy.


It's about sovereignty and control.

Britain doesn't want to surrender to the EU.

This isn't about money.

It does not cost other countries outside of the EU anything to trade with the EU either. Most of it is Free Trade.

What you do not understand that whatever tariffs the EU places on British Products, can be matched my British Tariffs on EU products and services. And that is why the cost to the EU is far greater because Britain can leverage its trade with products from outside the EU and some things will be cheaper.

At the end of the day, sovereignty and control is priceless. Britain wants to be free from the ECB, ECJ and Brussels. It's a proud country with its own Crown, it's own currency and its own ways. It's not a Gypsy country.
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 32303
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Re: Well looks like the Surrender Bill might be illegal

Postby Pyrpolizer » Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:44 pm

The problem with import tax is that the money is paid by the the people (in this case the British) and end up to the Government treasury.
It's like taxing your own people over and above the taxes they already pay..

Same applies to imports from the UK to EU member states.
However the EU member states already have a plethora of choices to replace British products that might be imported at high prices.

The solution to this would be for the UK to subsidize those exports, creating a new problem that of the people paying (import taxes) to sustain the viability of some industries...some of which would eventually die because there won't be enough money to subsidize everybody.

The greater loss of the UK in case of Brexit with no deal will be the financial and services business mark my words.
User avatar
Pyrpolizer
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 12892
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:33 pm

Re: Well looks like the Surrender Bill might be illegal

Postby Paphitis » Sat Sep 14, 2019 1:38 am

Pyrpolizer wrote:The problem with import tax is that the money is paid by the the people (in this case the British) and end up to the Government treasury.
It's like taxing your own people over and above the taxes they already pay..

Same applies to imports from the UK to EU member states.
However the EU member states already have a plethora of choices to replace British products that might be imported at high prices.

The solution to this would be for the UK to subsidize those exports, creating a new problem that of the people paying (import taxes) to sustain the viability of some industries...some of which would eventually die because there won't be enough money to subsidize everybody.

The greater loss of the UK in case of Brexit with no deal will be the financial and services business mark my words.


The EU will commit suicide by doing such a thing.

They are already in decline or in recession. Britain is growing at record levels for an OECD country at present.

If the EU places Tariffs on British Products, then the Brits will place massive Tariffs on EU products and Britain can hedge itself with imports from the USA, Australia, Canada, NZ, and China.

EU has more to lose.

Of course, the reality is this. The most likely outcome is that there will be no Tariffs laced on either EU imports or British Exports for the next 2 years because neither country wants these protectionist Tariffs. It does not suit either party and will only plunge the fragile EU into further recession.
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 32303
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Re: Well looks like the Surrender Bill might be illegal

Postby Lordo » Sat Sep 14, 2019 10:59 am

Paphitis wrote:
Pyrpolizer wrote:The problem with import tax is that the money is paid by the the people (in this case the British) and end up to the Government treasury.
It's like taxing your own people over and above the taxes they already pay..

Same applies to imports from the UK to EU member states.
However the EU member states already have a plethora of choices to replace British products that might be imported at high prices.

The solution to this would be for the UK to subsidize those exports, creating a new problem that of the people paying (import taxes) to sustain the viability of some industries...some of which would eventually die because there won't be enough money to subsidize everybody.

The greater loss of the UK in case of Brexit with no deal will be the financial and services business mark my words.


The EU will commit suicide by doing such a thing.

They are already in decline or in recession. Britain is growing at record levels for an OECD country at present.

If the EU places Tariffs on British Products, then the Brits will place massive Tariffs on EU products and Britain can hedge itself with imports from the USA, Australia, Canada, NZ, and China.

EU has more to lose.

Of course, the reality is this. The most likely outcome is that there will be no Tariffs laced on either EU imports or British Exports for the next 2 years because neither country wants these protectionist Tariffs. It does not suit either party and will only plunge the fragile EU into further recession.

you don't really understand what you are saying. you want a no deal brexit but do not understand that in wto there are no free trade facilities. eu will not be placing taxes on british products wto does and there are tax rates for trade product by product, which is why it takes years to start using wto. russia just completed agreements under wto after 18 years. thay had to have the agreement of all wto members. so it really is not freedom to trade but instead have an agreement with 164 members of the wto.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-16212643
User avatar
Lordo
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 21729
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: From the river to the sea, Palestine will be free. Walk on Swine walk on

Re: Well looks like the Surrender Bill might be illegal

Postby Paphitis » Sat Sep 14, 2019 12:17 pm

Lordo wrote:
Paphitis wrote:
Pyrpolizer wrote:The problem with import tax is that the money is paid by the the people (in this case the British) and end up to the Government treasury.
It's like taxing your own people over and above the taxes they already pay..

Same applies to imports from the UK to EU member states.
However the EU member states already have a plethora of choices to replace British products that might be imported at high prices.

The solution to this would be for the UK to subsidize those exports, creating a new problem that of the people paying (import taxes) to sustain the viability of some industries...some of which would eventually die because there won't be enough money to subsidize everybody.

The greater loss of the UK in case of Brexit with no deal will be the financial and services business mark my words.


The EU will commit suicide by doing such a thing.

They are already in decline or in recession. Britain is growing at record levels for an OECD country at present.

If the EU places Tariffs on British Products, then the Brits will place massive Tariffs on EU products and Britain can hedge itself with imports from the USA, Australia, Canada, NZ, and China.

EU has more to lose.

Of course, the reality is this. The most likely outcome is that there will be no Tariffs laced on either EU imports or British Exports for the next 2 years because neither country wants these protectionist Tariffs. It does not suit either party and will only plunge the fragile EU into further recession.

you don't really understand what you are saying. you want a no deal brexit but do not understand that in wto there are no free trade facilities. eu will not be placing taxes on british products wto does and there are tax rates for trade product by product, which is why it takes years to start using wto. russia just completed agreements under wto after 18 years. thay had to have the agreement of all wto members. so it really is not freedom to trade but instead have an agreement with 164 members of the wto.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-16212643


Yes there are Free Trade rules under WTO - it’s called Article 24.

Many countries are trading under this article with zero tariffs. All that is required is a bilateral agreement.

Australia has zero tariffs with the EU. So does the USA but I think Trump has changed that as he has placed tariffs on European and Chinese steel. No Tariffs between USA and Australia though.

Australia is very much pro Free Trade with the EU but the US is going protectionist.
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 32303
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Re: Well looks like the Surrender Bill might be illegal

Postby Lordo » Sat Sep 14, 2019 12:37 pm

Paphitis wrote:
Lordo wrote:
Paphitis wrote:
Pyrpolizer wrote:The problem with import tax is that the money is paid by the the people (in this case the British) and end up to the Government treasury.
It's like taxing your own people over and above the taxes they already pay..

Same applies to imports from the UK to EU member states.
However the EU member states already have a plethora of choices to replace British products that might be imported at high prices.

The solution to this would be for the UK to subsidize those exports, creating a new problem that of the people paying (import taxes) to sustain the viability of some industries...some of which would eventually die because there won't be enough money to subsidize everybody.

The greater loss of the UK in case of Brexit with no deal will be the financial and services business mark my words.


The EU will commit suicide by doing such a thing.

They are already in decline or in recession. Britain is growing at record levels for an OECD country at present.

If the EU places Tariffs on British Products, then the Brits will place massive Tariffs on EU products and Britain can hedge itself with imports from the USA, Australia, Canada, NZ, and China.

EU has more to lose.

Of course, the reality is this. The most likely outcome is that there will be no Tariffs laced on either EU imports or British Exports for the next 2 years because neither country wants these protectionist Tariffs. It does not suit either party and will only plunge the fragile EU into further recession.

you don't really understand what you are saying. you want a no deal brexit but do not understand that in wto there are no free trade facilities. eu will not be placing taxes on british products wto does and there are tax rates for trade product by product, which is why it takes years to start using wto. russia just completed agreements under wto after 18 years. thay had to have the agreement of all wto members. so it really is not freedom to trade but instead have an agreement with 164 members of the wto.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-16212643


Yes there are Free Trade rules under WTO - it’s called Article 24.

Many countries are trading under this article with zero tariffs. All that is required is a bilateral agreement.

Australia has zero tariffs with the EU. So does the USA but I think Trump has changed that as he has placed tariffs on European and Chinese steel. No Tariffs between USA and Australia though.

Australia is very much pro Free Trade with the EU but the US is going protectionist.

of course it wil be protectionist. eu wants to protect her citizens from your hormpned beef from the american chlorinated chicken and hormoned beef as well as all her other manufacturing. wto is also about protectionsist. you ignorance knows no bounds.

"Better keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than open it and remove all doubt."
User avatar
Lordo
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 21729
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: From the river to the sea, Palestine will be free. Walk on Swine walk on

Re: Well looks like the Surrender Bill might be illegal

Postby Londonrake » Sat Sep 14, 2019 1:11 pm

A fool? Idiot? :roll:

At least on the majority of occasions Paphitis’s posts are grammatically correct and free of spelling errors. You can’t seem to string a sentence together which doesn’t contain mistakes in both.
Londonrake
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 5803
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:19 pm
Location: ROC

Re: Well looks like the Surrender Bill might be illegal

Postby Lordo » Sat Sep 14, 2019 2:01 pm

Londonrake wrote:A fool? Idiot? :roll:

At least on the majority of occasions Paphitis’s posts are grammatically correct and free of spelling errors. You can’t seem to string a sentence together which doesn’t contain mistakes in both.


here is a comment you would be advised to take on board.

“I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character.” — Martin Luther King Jr.

how i write is very similar to colour of the skin and what i post is similar to content of the character. if you don't agree with the post, or if it is wrong in some way you are free to challenge it. if you do not understand it, you are free to ask for an expelenation.

otherwise "Better keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than open it and remove all doubt." .

if you disagree with the content fire away and challenge if it is grammar i am afraid for me two write for you grammatically correct posts you would have to pay for it. nothing is free in this world my friend.

if you don't understand inglish i can write terggish or even griikish? which would you prefer.
User avatar
Lordo
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 21729
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: From the river to the sea, Palestine will be free. Walk on Swine walk on

PreviousNext

Return to Politics and Elections

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests