The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


I just want to express my disgust on Cypriot MEPs

Everything related to politics in Cyprus and the rest of the world.

Re: I just want to express my disgust on Cypriot MEPs

Postby erolz66 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:29 pm

Paphitis wrote:The EU had an opportunity when it asked all EU Member states to approve and ratify the Treaty. On such an important issue with such severe consequences over each member's sovereignty as the Lisbon Treaty, they could have told each member to consult the people. The fact that the EU and most EU States neglected to provide their citizens an opportunity to have their say, leaves them exposed on very shaky undemocratic ground.


Each and every member state had an opportunity to ask its people directly if they supported the new treaty or not. Some chose to do this and some did not. That was their sovereign choice. The EU had no legal or moral right to force individual sovereign states to do so if they did not want to. I personally think and have said before that all member states should have chosen to seek such direct consent from their respective peoples on entry and each and every subsequent treaty revision but I do not have the right, legally or morally, to insist that they must do this and force them to do so against their will and neither does the EU.
erolz66
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 3033
Joined: Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:31 pm

Re: I just want to express my disgust on Cypriot MEPs

Postby Paphitis » Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:44 pm

miltiades wrote:Mate, I live on Paradise island, Im perhaps the happiest man alive, Unlike you I dont have .....tax deductable debts, I go to the sea front every single day, I fish every day, I lay about enjoyong my self, Im still a ypung at heart guy, still like the opposite sex I just can't for the life of me ...remember why.
I have never visited a psychologist or a psychiatrist , I drink a bottle of wine each day, I have a fantastic family, wonderful friends and unlike you not the least pretentious. Almost forgot, I have 2 dogs and ....numerous cats. Pussies always liked me !!!


Well I am sorry but that's a very objective thing.

I'm currently in one of the most beautiful cities of the world, and I feel like I am very happy.

But either way, my tax deductible debts are doing well. My finances are also doing well. I am about to get a massive windfall between now and Christmas from some legal action and all is good.

I don't need to drink to be happy, but I have access to the best wines in the world should I want to.

Now, open the door, kick one of those feral cats for therapy and go for a walk.
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 25684
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Re: I just want to express my disgust on Cypriot MEPs

Postby miltiades » Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:20 pm

Good on you boy. A millionaire plus !!
I'm just an average guy, live on my pension and a bit here and there. But I'm happy being in Paradise island amongst the friendliest people on earth ( fuckung loyst drivers though) . I swim every day, bet you don't do that.!! Besides, who in their right mind would want to live 10,000 miles away from civilization and mingle with descendants of English criminals. Besides Australia is far to ....small for me !!
User avatar
miltiades
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 17793
Joined: Thu Apr 13, 2006 10:01 pm

Re: I just want to express my disgust on Cypriot MEPs

Postby Pyrpolizer » Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:34 pm

Paphitis wrote:
Pyrpolizer wrote:
Paphitis wrote:Only a very few EU members had given their citizens the opportunity to democratically vote whether they want to be part of the EU. According to the Lisbon Treaty, every EU member State was suppose to have a referendum or vote. Only Ireland, Holland, and Denmark did. The rest reneged on that obligation. The EU interfered into the domestic politics of all 3 to ensure a YES vote.



This is nonsense. The treaty of Lisbon was in 2009 (5 years after the last EU enlargement) and just gave the member states the option to leave the EU. However long before that Greenland left the then European Community via referendum.
The EU does not require a referendum from a Country to join on the first place. But the vast majority of member states did it via referendum, Just to remind you North Macedonia just recently held a referendum to join Nato and the EU. I can list you all countries that joined/did not join/or are in the queue for joining, who did a referendum. I have to do a Google search though, but from memory it was nearly all.
You could save me the time and do it yourself as I will be busy today.


yeh the option to leave and no one went and had a plebiscite so that option wasn't put before the people.

Only 3 countries put it before the people - Denmark, Ireland, and Holand.


UK had a referendum, and Hungary and Italy might have one soon under the policies of their current Euro-skeptic anti EU Governments.

It requires a referendum in my book. The fact that most countries didn't hold one is in my view a very terrible thing. I as a citizen of Cyprus and Australia expect as my constitutional right the privilege to have my say in such matters.

The Brits have always said that their 2016 referendum was 7 years overdue from the Lisbon Treaty.

The Brits have had their say. You have not.


I can't figure out what you are talking about? Are you talking for Countries that asked their people via referendum to join the EU or for Countries who asked their people via referendum to leave the EU?
Ireland in particular joined via referendum in 1972.
Ireland also had a referendum in which they rejected the Lisbon Treaty in 2008 and after getting the changes they wanted they had another referendum in 2009 in which they approved it.
I am really puzzled as to what you are claiming here.

EDITING MY POST: After reading the remaining pages it seems you are talking about the treaty of Lisbon. However it's not true that Denmark or Netherlands got the approval of the people via referendum. They got it from their Parliaments. ONLY IRELAND got it via referendum.
Last edited by Pyrpolizer on Wed Oct 16, 2019 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Pyrpolizer
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 10470
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:33 pm

Re: I just want to express my disgust on Cypriot MEPs

Postby Paphitis » Wed Oct 16, 2019 2:42 pm

Pyrpolizer wrote:
Paphitis wrote:
Pyrpolizer wrote:
Paphitis wrote:Only a very few EU members had given their citizens the opportunity to democratically vote whether they want to be part of the EU. According to the Lisbon Treaty, every EU member State was suppose to have a referendum or vote. Only Ireland, Holland, and Denmark did. The rest reneged on that obligation. The EU interfered into the domestic politics of all 3 to ensure a YES vote.



This is nonsense. The treaty of Lisbon was in 2009 (5 years after the last EU enlargement) and just gave the member states the option to leave the EU. However long before that Greenland left the then European Community via referendum.
The EU does not require a referendum from a Country to join on the first place. But the vast majority of member states did it via referendum, Just to remind you North Macedonia just recently held a referendum to join Nato and the EU. I can list you all countries that joined/did not join/or are in the queue for joining, who did a referendum. I have to do a Google search though, but from memory it was nearly all.
You could save me the time and do it yourself as I will be busy today.


yeh the option to leave and no one went and had a plebiscite so that option wasn't put before the people.

Only 3 countries put it before the people - Denmark, Ireland, and Holand.


UK had a referendum, and Hungary and Italy might have one soon under the policies of their current Euro-skeptic anti EU Governments.

It requires a referendum in my book. The fact that most countries didn't hold one is in my view a very terrible thing. I as a citizen of Cyprus and Australia expect as my constitutional right the privilege to have my say in such matters.

The Brits have always said that their 2016 referendum was 7 years overdue from the Lisbon Treaty.

The Brits have had their say. You have not.


I can't figure out what you are talking about? Are you talking for Countries that asked their people via referendum to join the EU or for Countries who asked their people via referendum to leave the EU?
Ireland in particular joined via referendum in 1972.
Ireland also had a referendum in which they rejected the Lisbon Treaty in 2008 and after getting the changes they wanted they had another referendum in 2009 in which they approved it.
I am really puzzled as to what you are claiming here.

EDITING MY POST: I got it after reading the remaining pages.You started with the issue of having referendums to join the EU, and suddenly you got a left turn towards the issue of approving/rejecting the treaty of Lisbon.


I am talking about the ratification of the Lisbon Treaty by most EU countries mostly through Parliament rather than consult the people.

Only one country did the right thing and consulted the people and that was Ireland. Then followed by Denmark and Holland.

UK can't be said they did either but at least they asked the people on whether they wanted to remain or leave the EU.

There was no willful or democratic acceptance of the Lisbon Treaty in the vast majority of EU countries.

This might seem harsh, but in my opinion, the EU project is one of the biggest and most anti democratic con jobs in human history.
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 25684
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Re: I just want to express my disgust on Cypriot MEPs

Postby Pyrpolizer » Wed Oct 16, 2019 2:46 pm

I re-edited my post Paphitis. It's not true that Denmark or Netherlands held a referendum in approving the treaty of Lisbon.
Only Ireland did because her constitution is such that anything that affects it must go through ref/um
User avatar
Pyrpolizer
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 10470
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:33 pm

Re: I just want to express my disgust on Cypriot MEPs

Postby Paphitis » Wed Oct 16, 2019 2:49 pm

Pyrpolizer wrote:I re-edited my post Paphitis. It's not true that Denmark or Netherlands held a referendum in approving the treaty of Lisbon.
Only Ireland did because her constitution is such that anything that affects it must go through ref/um


Well I thought 2 other countries held a referendum. Someone did I just couldn't be bothered looking.

I know Ireland was the most pro-active and definately the very first to consult the people. And the EU criminals made them hold a second referendum to guarantee they will get a result they like as well. But that shouldn't surprise anyone about how far these EU criminals will stoop to circumvent and destroy the democratic process.

We see it again with BREXIT.
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 25684
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Re: I just want to express my disgust on Cypriot MEPs

Postby Pyrpolizer » Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:07 pm

Paphitis wrote:
Pyrpolizer wrote:I re-edited my post Paphitis. It's not true that Denmark or Netherlands held a referendum in approving the treaty of Lisbon.
Only Ireland did because her constitution is such that anything that affects it must go through ref/um


Well I thought 2 other countries held a referendum. Someone did I just couldn't be bothered looking.

I know Ireland was the most pro-active and definately the very first to consult the people. And the EU criminals made them hold a second referendum to guarantee they will get a result they like as well. But that shouldn't surprise anyone about how far these EU criminals will stoop to circumvent and destroy the democratic process.

We see it again with BREXIT.



Oh come on you are not convincing anyone with this project fear against "the criminals of the EU"
No criminals have such an overwhelming magic power to make the people vote by 2 to 1 majority in favor of the Lisbon treaty.
https://www.rte.ie/news/2009/1002/122507-eulisbon1/
User avatar
Pyrpolizer
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 10470
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:33 pm

Re: I just want to express my disgust on Cypriot MEPs

Postby Paphitis » Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:09 pm

Pyrpolizer wrote:
Paphitis wrote:
Pyrpolizer wrote:I re-edited my post Paphitis. It's not true that Denmark or Netherlands held a referendum in approving the treaty of Lisbon.
Only Ireland did because her constitution is such that anything that affects it must go through ref/um


Well I thought 2 other countries held a referendum. Someone did I just couldn't be bothered looking.

I know Ireland was the most pro-active and definately the very first to consult the people. And the EU criminals made them hold a second referendum to guarantee they will get a result they like as well. But that shouldn't surprise anyone about how far these EU criminals will stoop to circumvent and destroy the democratic process.

We see it again with BREXIT.



Oh come on you are not convincing anyone with this project fear against "the criminals of the EU"
No criminals have such an overwhelming magic power to make the people vote by 2 to 1 majority in favor of the Lisbon treaty.
https://www.rte.ie/news/2009/1002/122507-eulisbon1/


Project Fear?

Now come on. Who is engaging project fear here? The Brexiteers or Remoaners.

That is our term to describe all the stupid fear campaigns over BREXIT.

The EU ARE anti democratic criminals. Look at what they have done throughout history to many countries including Greece, Cyprus, Italy, Portugal, Spain and Ireland.

Look at what they are doing over BREXIT. Look at them try to annex a part of The UK. :roll: Just like when they wanted some security over the Greek Islands in order to bail out Greece.

Criminals they are and I am being kind.
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 25684
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Re: I just want to express my disgust on Cypriot MEPs

Postby miltiades » Wed Oct 16, 2019 4:06 pm

You sre being fucking stupid as with everything else you idiot.
Now just shut it and go fly a ...toy aitcraft.
You shouldnt stick your snotty nose into European matters, you are not European.
Ate assixtir malaka
User avatar
miltiades
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 17793
Joined: Thu Apr 13, 2006 10:01 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Politics and Elections

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest