The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


A SHORT LIVED RECOVERY ?

Feel free to talk about anything that you want.

Re: A SHORT LIVED RECOVERY ?

Postby cyprusgrump » Wed Dec 18, 2019 4:36 pm

miltiades wrote:
cyprusgrump wrote:
miltiades wrote:I have been an ardent watcher of financial markets for half a century now. The one thing I have learned is the volatility of markets be it the currency one or stocks.
I was extremely pleased when at just after the election exit polls predicted a Tory majority, at least in financial terms, Sterling shot up by 2 cents on the euro touching 1.205 . The markets reacted promptly in the knowledge that stability was returning to the political scene at last. In fact tge markets were reacting prior to Thursday 12th of January on the strength of election polls. Well it didn't last long, by yestetday Tuesday 17th Stg was traded below the pre election news and it seems that the current downward trend is continuing. Brexit looming, uncertainty in the UK economy will continue for some time yet. I can not predict the level that Stg will be at by the end of this month, suffice to say I have today converted my Stg to euros. I have always believed that Brexit is bad for the UK economy and apparently so does the financial world. I see no viable reason as to why would Stg strengthen in the forthcoming months. I even believe that come Brexit day, January 31st 2020, the pound will be below 1.10 euro.
Time will tell....



If any of your previous predictions (based on your being an ardent watcher of financial markets for half a century) had come true like, Sterling dropping below parity...

...or even Hunt being the next Conservative leader...

...you might have some credibility.

History tells us that they haven't and you haven't any... :lol:

So instead of making a fool of yourself, why not just sit back, drink your Keo and enjoy the ride...? :wink:

You obviously were born stupid. Your command of proper comprehension is abysmal. I did not predict Hunt, more wishful thinking you ignorant little peasant.
As for Stg losing ground, its not wishfull thinking but common sense, something you do not have and never will, once an idiot always an idiot!


Sadly for you (you utter ignoramus), the Interwebz never forget! :lol:

miltiades wrote:Bookies have the Clown odds at 2/9, where as Hunt at 9/2. I'm convinced that the 160 thousand Conservative members , mostly middle class professionals are not that daft surely. The bookies are taking bets on Boris winning, but who are mostly these punters? I suspect working class, the bookies are raking it in, bound to have a field day.
As days go by Boris will undoubtedly drop a clanged or two, it wont make a blind bit of difference to his followers, after all they voted "Leave" not much intellect there !!
I'm still convinced that Boris will not win and Hunt will be the new PM. May ...God help him. What a bloody mess !!



While we are on your terrible prognostications, did you not also post...

miltiades wrote:A vote of no confidence, it has been reported, will take place sometime next week. There is no doubt that the government will lose the vote and the Clown will go down in history as the shortest serving PM EVER.
Reports coming through is that a national unity government will emerge, this will undoubtedly inflame Little Englanders especialy our resident General and of course the Bucket man.
Will Brexit happen on 31st October ? Who knows but my own feeling is that an extension will be requested and prior to that perhaps a General Election.
Apparently hundreds of troops are in Hyde Park right now in anticipation if civil disorder. I have had a belly full of Brexshit
and Im sure most of you also have.


Honestly, Credibility thy name is not Militades! :lol: :lol: :lol:
User avatar
cyprusgrump
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8180
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2005 4:35 pm
Location: Pissouri, Cyprus

Re: A SHORT LIVED RECOVERY ?

Postby miltiades » Wed Dec 18, 2019 4:50 pm

Hey stupid, are you sure that english is your mother tongue?
I said, it has been reported.
Now, remove that idiotic bucket from your head and let your ....singular brain cell get some fresh air. !! What an absolute Plonker .
User avatar
miltiades
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 18056
Joined: Thu Apr 13, 2006 10:01 pm

Re: A SHORT LIVED RECOVERY ?

Postby cyprusgrump » Wed Dec 18, 2019 6:21 pm

miltiades wrote:Hey stupid, are you sure that english is your mother tongue?
I said, it has been reported.
Now, remove that idiotic bucket from your head and let your ....singular brain cell get some fresh air. !! What an absolute Plonker .



miltiades wrote:A vote of no confidence, it has been reported, will take place sometime next week. There is no doubt that the government will lose the vote and the Clown will go down in history as the shortest serving PM EVER.
Reports coming through is that a national unity government will emerge, this will undoubtedly inflame Little Englanders especialy our resident General and of course the Bucket man.
Will Brexit happen on 31st October ? Who knows but my own feeling is that an extension will be requested and prior to that perhaps a General Election.
Apparently hundreds of troops are in Hyde Park right now in anticipation if civil disorder. I have had a belly full of Brexshit
and Im sure most of you also have.


What a prize plonker! :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
cyprusgrump
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8180
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2005 4:35 pm
Location: Pissouri, Cyprus

Re: A SHORT LIVED RECOVERY ?

Postby Paphitis » Thu Dec 19, 2019 12:43 am

cyprusgrump wrote:
miltiades wrote:
cyprusgrump wrote:
miltiades wrote:I have been an ardent watcher of financial markets for half a century now. The one thing I have learned is the volatility of markets be it the currency one or stocks.
I was extremely pleased when at just after the election exit polls predicted a Tory majority, at least in financial terms, Sterling shot up by 2 cents on the euro touching 1.205 . The markets reacted promptly in the knowledge that stability was returning to the political scene at last. In fact tge markets were reacting prior to Thursday 12th of January on the strength of election polls. Well it didn't last long, by yestetday Tuesday 17th Stg was traded below the pre election news and it seems that the current downward trend is continuing. Brexit looming, uncertainty in the UK economy will continue for some time yet. I can not predict the level that Stg will be at by the end of this month, suffice to say I have today converted my Stg to euros. I have always believed that Brexit is bad for the UK economy and apparently so does the financial world. I see no viable reason as to why would Stg strengthen in the forthcoming months. I even believe that come Brexit day, January 31st 2020, the pound will be below 1.10 euro.
Time will tell....



If any of your previous predictions (based on your being an ardent watcher of financial markets for half a century) had come true like, Sterling dropping below parity...

...or even Hunt being the next Conservative leader...

...you might have some credibility.

History tells us that they haven't and you haven't any... :lol:

So instead of making a fool of yourself, why not just sit back, drink your Keo and enjoy the ride...? :wink:

You obviously were born stupid. Your command of proper comprehension is abysmal. I did not predict Hunt, more wishful thinking you ignorant little peasant.
As for Stg losing ground, its not wishfull thinking but common sense, something you do not have and never will, once an idiot always an idiot!


Sadly for you (you utter ignoramus), the Interwebz never forget! :lol:

miltiades wrote:Bookies have the Clown odds at 2/9, where as Hunt at 9/2. I'm convinced that the 160 thousand Conservative members , mostly middle class professionals are not that daft surely. The bookies are taking bets on Boris winning, but who are mostly these punters? I suspect working class, the bookies are raking it in, bound to have a field day.
As days go by Boris will undoubtedly drop a clanged or two, it wont make a blind bit of difference to his followers, after all they voted "Leave" not much intellect there !!
I'm still convinced that Boris will not win and Hunt will be the new PM. May ...God help him. What a bloody mess !!



While we are on your terrible prognostications, did you not also post...

miltiades wrote:A vote of no confidence, it has been reported, will take place sometime next week. There is no doubt that the government will lose the vote and the Clown will go down in history as the shortest serving PM EVER.
Reports coming through is that a national unity government will emerge, this will undoubtedly inflame Little Englanders especialy our resident General and of course the Bucket man.
Will Brexit happen on 31st October ? Who knows but my own feeling is that an extension will be requested and prior to that perhaps a General Election.
Apparently hundreds of troops are in Hyde Park right now in anticipation if civil disorder. I have had a belly full of Brexshit
and Im sure most of you also have.


Honestly, Credibility thy name is not Militades! :lol: :lol: :lol:


It's friggin embarrassing isn't it!

You would think such individuals would give up rather that make fools of themselves as a hobby. :lol:
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 27201
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Re: A SHORT LIVED RECOVERY ?

Postby Paphitis » Thu Dec 19, 2019 12:46 am

MR-from-NG wrote:
Kikapu wrote:For Boris and Farage, Brexit is not Brexit unless it is a no deal Brexit. The sterling does not like a no deal Brexit. Lets see how many monkeys will vote on Friday to make it illegal to extend the agreements talks beyond end of next year. Is Boris going to expel any Tory not voting the way he wants them to vote?

His Turkish genes are evident in everything he says and does. We now have Erdogan the 2nd as our prime minister. Trump, Boris and Erdoagan, different countries same shit :? :?


You can only wish he has Turkish Genes.

Bet let me ask you this. Where has anyone actually see a erson with real Turkish Genes (I mean actually Turkic Genes) be as blonde as BORIS?

If this guy has Turkish genes it would be like 1% or less. Which is a relief because I like BORIS. :D

The guy probably has more Greek Genes than Turkic.
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 27201
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Re: A SHORT LIVED RECOVERY ?

Postby MR-from-NG » Thu Dec 19, 2019 1:49 am

Paphitis wrote:
MR-from-NG wrote:
Kikapu wrote:For Boris and Farage, Brexit is not Brexit unless it is a no deal Brexit. The sterling does not like a no deal Brexit. Lets see how many monkeys will vote on Friday to make it illegal to extend the agreements talks beyond end of next year. Is Boris going to expel any Tory not voting the way he wants them to vote?

His Turkish genes are evident in everything he says and does. We now have Erdogan the 2nd as our prime minister. Trump, Boris and Erdoagan, different countries same shit :? :?


You can only wish he has Turkish Genes.

Bet let me ask you this. Where has anyone actually see a erson with real Turkish Genes (I mean actually Turkic Genes) be as blonde as BORIS?

If this guy has Turkish genes it would be like 1% or less. Which is a relief because I like BORIS. :D

lThe guy probably has more Greek Genes than Turkic.



That would explain a lot now you mention it mate :? :? :D
MR-from-NG
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 3214
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2006 4:58 pm

Re: A SHORT LIVED RECOVERY ?

Postby DT. » Thu Dec 19, 2019 9:39 am

MR-from-NG wrote:
Paphitis wrote:
MR-from-NG wrote:
Kikapu wrote:For Boris and Farage, Brexit is not Brexit unless it is a no deal Brexit. The sterling does not like a no deal Brexit. Lets see how many monkeys will vote on Friday to make it illegal to extend the agreements talks beyond end of next year. Is Boris going to expel any Tory not voting the way he wants them to vote?

His Turkish genes are evident in everything he says and does. We now have Erdogan the 2nd as our prime minister. Trump, Boris and Erdoagan, different countries same shit :? :?


You can only wish he has Turkish Genes.

Bet let me ask you this. Where has anyone actually see a erson with real Turkish Genes (I mean actually Turkic Genes) be as blonde as BORIS?

If this guy has Turkish genes it would be like 1% or less. Which is a relief because I like BORIS. :D

lThe guy probably has more Greek Genes than Turkic.



That would explain a lot now you mention it mate :? :? :D



:lol: :lol: :lol:
User avatar
DT.
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 12456
Joined: Sun Nov 12, 2006 8:34 pm
Location: Lefkosia

Re: A SHORT LIVED RECOVERY ?

Postby MR-from-NG » Thu Dec 19, 2019 4:34 pm

DT. wrote:
MR-from-NG wrote:
Paphitis wrote:
MR-from-NG wrote:
Kikapu wrote:For Boris and Farage, Brexit is not Brexit unless it is a no deal Brexit. The sterling does not like a no deal Brexit. Lets see how many monkeys will vote on Friday to make it illegal to extend the agreements talks beyond end of next year. Is Boris going to expel any Tory not voting the way he wants them to vote?

His Turkish genes are evident in everything he says and does. We now have Erdogan the 2nd as our prime minister. Trump, Boris and Erdoagan, different countries same shit :? :?


You can only wish he has Turkish Genes.

Bet let me ask you this. Where has anyone actually see a erson with real Turkish Genes (I mean actually Turkic Genes) be as blonde as BORIS?

If this guy has Turkish genes it would be like 1% or less. Which is a relief because I like BORIS. :D

lThe guy probably has more Greek Genes than Turkic.



That would explain a lot now you mention it mate :? :? :D



:lol: :lol: :lol:

Hello DT. Nice of you to make an appearance. You and GR are greatly missed mate. The forum is not the same without you guys. Come back guys, please.
MR-from-NG
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 3214
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2006 4:58 pm

Re: A SHORT LIVED RECOVERY ?

Postby MR-from-NG » Thu Dec 19, 2019 5:16 pm

Paphitis wrote:
MR-from-NG wrote:
Kikapu wrote:For Boris and Farage, Brexit is not Brexit unless it is a no deal Brexit. The sterling does not like a no deal Brexit. Lets see how many monkeys will vote on Friday to make it illegal to extend the agreements talks beyond end of next year. Is Boris going to expel any Tory not voting the way he wants them to vote?

His Turkish genes are evident in everything he says and does. We now have Erdogan the 2nd as our prime minister. Trump, Boris and Erdoagan, different countries same shit :? :?


You can only wish he has Turkish Genes.

Bet let me ask you this. Where has anyone actually see a erson with real Turkish Genes (I mean actually Turkic Genes) be as blonde as BORIS?

If this guy has Turkish genes it would be like 1% or less. Which is a relief because I like BORIS. :D

The guy probably has more Greek Genes than Turkic.

Come to think of it after half a millennium how much Greek do you think you have in you? Horny bastards them Ottomans were :lol: :lol:
MR-from-NG
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 3214
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2006 4:58 pm

Re: A SHORT LIVED RECOVERY ?

Postby Maximus » Thu Dec 19, 2019 9:15 pm

MR-from-NG wrote:
Paphitis wrote:
MR-from-NG wrote:
Kikapu wrote:For Boris and Farage, Brexit is not Brexit unless it is a no deal Brexit. The sterling does not like a no deal Brexit. Lets see how many monkeys will vote on Friday to make it illegal to extend the agreements talks beyond end of next year. Is Boris going to expel any Tory not voting the way he wants them to vote?

His Turkish genes are evident in everything he says and does. We now have Erdogan the 2nd as our prime minister. Trump, Boris and Erdoagan, different countries same shit :? :?


You can only wish he has Turkish Genes.

Bet let me ask you this. Where has anyone actually see a erson with real Turkish Genes (I mean actually Turkic Genes) be as blonde as BORIS?

If this guy has Turkish genes it would be like 1% or less. Which is a relief because I like BORIS. :D

The guy probably has more Greek Genes than Turkic.

Come to think of it after half a millennium how much Greek do you think you have in you? Horny bastards them Ottomans were :lol: :lol:


Trying to insult someone like that is actually an insult to yourself. :roll:
Maximus
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 5679
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:23 pm

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests