The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


Still no confirmed Corona cases in Cyprus, but for how long?

Feel free to talk about anything that you want.

Re: Still no confirmed Corona cases in Cyprus, but for how l

Postby Cap » Sat May 23, 2020 6:17 pm

erolz66 wrote:
Cap wrote:Anyway.

Cyprus records no new cases for the first time since March 9
No deaths in over a week.

https://cyprus-mail.com/2020/05/23/coro ... I3TsKl9IfI


Over a month here with no new positives as well.


Awesome!

We are referring to Northern Cyprus and not some 3rd world Turkish shithole in Anatolia?
Am I right?
User avatar
Cap
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 7145
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2007 12:55 pm
Location: Cypriot Empire

Re: Still no confirmed Corona cases in Cyprus, but for how l

Postby Londonrake » Sat May 23, 2020 6:37 pm

erolz66 wrote:
Londonrake wrote:Fundamentally though, he speaks for himself. So - no - I don't believe I've been guilty of some sort of hypocrisy wrt Paphitis.


You called me out for not being able to admit I am wrong. On this metric by any reasonable judgement I have shown by action more ability to admit I am wrong when I clearly am to a degree that is massively greater than that shown by Paphitis. You called me out but not him. Hypocrisy in my book. Your problem was not really my behaviour per se. Your problem is you do not like me so you call me out for things I do not do anywhere near as much as people you do like who do the same thing to a vastly greater degree. Which is all fine but do not pretend that your calling out was disconnected to you not liking me and was some sort of 'objective' complaint. You are not fooling me and I doubt many other either. Your calling me out says as much about your prejudices as it says anything about me imo.


I'll let you into a little secret. I don't actually read a lot of Paphitis's posts. I enjoy the ones about his personal life, job, family, home and particularly his plans to move to the US. Plus his life in Australia of course. The political stuff though - not usually.

If pointing out that you were deliberately using a short term statistic, in order to give an entirely false impression, in support of your argument, then I confess - I "called you out" and, like CG, I was right.

As far as not liking you's concerned. What on Earth gave you that idea? Anyway, why would you care? :?

Why don't you stop digging? Ohh, I forgot - you never can. :D
Londonrake
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 2192
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:19 pm
Location: ROC

Re: Still no confirmed Corona cases in Cyprus, but for how l

Postby repulsewarrior » Sat May 23, 2020 7:17 pm



...stress.
User avatar
repulsewarrior
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 9240
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:13 am
Location: homeless in Canada

Re: Still no confirmed Corona cases in Cyprus, but for how l

Postby erolz66 » Sat May 23, 2020 7:21 pm

Londonrake wrote:If pointing out that you were deliberately using a short term statistic, in order to give an entirely false impression, in support of your argument, then I confess - I "called you out" and, like CG, I was right.


I was deliberately using the statistic that was most relevant to the point I was making. You were right that it was only in the latest week that Sweden's deaths per head of population had exceeded the UK's just as I was right that in the latest weeks figures this situation had reversed from what had been seen to date over any time period. You are not right that it was with specific intent to deceive that I did not make it explicitly clear that I was talking about latest figures and not year to date ones. That is just your opinion but amazingly I actually have a better insight in to my intent that you do.

Londonrake wrote:As far as not liking you's concerned. What on Earth gave you that idea? Anyway, why would you care? :?


I do not care if you like me or not. I do care when you try and create an impression that your comments about me were an entirely objective response to my behaviour that was so egregious it compelled you to make comment and I think that impression is patently not supported by your actual actions historically. When you systematically ignore much more egregious examples of such behaviour then it clearly is not just my behaviour alone in that specific instance that led you to comment.

Londonrake wrote:Why don't you stop digging? Ohh, I forgot - you never can. :D

Are we tangoing here ? How many does it take ?
erolz66
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 3796
Joined: Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:31 pm

Re: Still no confirmed Corona cases in Cyprus, but for how l

Postby repulsewarrior » Sat May 23, 2020 7:45 pm



...how the virus spreads.
User avatar
repulsewarrior
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 9240
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:13 am
Location: homeless in Canada

Re: Still no confirmed Corona cases in Cyprus, but for how l

Postby Londonrake » Sat May 23, 2020 8:16 pm

erolz66 wrote:I do not care if you like me or not. I do care when you try and create an impression that your comments about me were an entirely objective response to my behaviour that was so egregious it compelled you to make comment and I think that impression is patently not supported by your actual actions historically. When you systematically ignore much more egregious examples of such behaviour then it clearly is not just my behaviour alone in that specific instance that led you to comment.


Did you used to write the small print on insurance policies for a living? :? :lol:

Londonrake wrote:Why don't you stop digging? Ohh, I forgot - you never can. :D


See what I mean?
Londonrake
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 2192
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:19 pm
Location: ROC

Re: Still no confirmed Corona cases in Cyprus, but for how l

Postby erolz66 » Sat May 23, 2020 9:33 pm

Londonrake wrote:Did you used to write the small print on insurance policies for a living? :? :lol:


Have you ever contributed anything to a forum discussion that was not ad hominem attack or an attempt at humour ?

Londonrake wrote:See what I mean?


I am as stubborn as only Cypriots can be. If I think you are wrong and you keep insisting you are not, I will keep insisting you are. Sue me.
erolz66
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 3796
Joined: Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:31 pm

Re: Still no confirmed Corona cases in Cyprus, but for how l

Postby cyprusgrump » Sun May 24, 2020 9:57 am

California doctors say they've seen more deaths from suicide than coronavirus since lockdowns

Doctors in Northern California say they have seen more deaths from suicide than they’ve seen from the coronavirus during the pandemic.

“The numbers are unprecedented,” Dr. Michael deBoisblanc of John Muir Medical Center in Walnut Creek, California, told ABC 7 News about the increase of deaths by suicide, adding that he’s seen a “year’s worth of suicides” in the last four weeks alone.

DeBoisblanc said he believes it’s time for California officials to end the stay-at-home order and let people back out into their communities.

"Personally, I think it's time," he said. "I think, originally, this was put in place to flatten the curve and to make sure hospitals have the resources to take care of COVID patients. We have the current resources to do that, and our other community health is suffering."
User avatar
cyprusgrump
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8008
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2005 4:35 pm
Location: Pissouri, Cyprus

Re: Still no confirmed Corona cases in Cyprus, but for how l

Postby Londonrake » Sun May 24, 2020 10:38 am

Londonrake
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
 
Posts: 2192
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:19 pm
Location: ROC

Re: Still no confirmed Corona cases in Cyprus, but for how l

Postby erolz66 » Sun May 24, 2020 10:55 am

How many people do you know of in last two months who have been hospitalised because of attempted suicide. How many because they have contracted covid-19 ? Before covid-19 outbreak how many people were hospitalised because of attempted suicide in a given time period vs because of covid-19 infection ?

The negative impact on mental health because of the virus , regardless of lock down or not, are real. So are mental health issues specific to lock down. We have knowledge of these issues and means and mechanism to treat and minimise harm and shortened life spans caused by them.

https://fullfact.org/health/covid-deaths/
erolz66
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 3796
Joined: Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:31 pm

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests