The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


Still no confirmed Corona cases in Cyprus, but for how long?

Feel free to talk about anything that you want.

Re: Still no confirmed Corona cases in Cyprus, but for how l

Postby Tim Drayton » Mon Sep 14, 2020 6:04 pm

In early August, an estimated 460,000 motorcyclists took part in the annual pilgrimage to South Dakota. The Sturgis Biker Rally, which has been a major draw since 1938, is a 10-day event that generates hundreds of millions of dollars in revenue, much of it made on alcohol-fueled fun and revelry. In other words, as the party poopers would say, the ideal conditions for a deadly virus to sweep through a broad swath of the population, leaving behind incalculable loss of life in its wake.

So now that the coronavirus has surpassed its Sturgis incubation period, how many reckless bikers lost their lives for not honoring social-distancing protocols at crowded hotspots for multiple days and nights on end? You may want to have a seat, this will shock you. The current death rate stands at just one (1) person. That’s right, as USA Today reported, the unidentified victim was a “Minnesota man…in his 60s and had underlying health conditions.” In other words, not exactly the sort of outcome one would expect under a code-red pandemic.


https://www.strategic-culture.org/news/ ... -protests/
User avatar
Tim Drayton
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8727
Joined: Sat Jul 21, 2007 1:32 am
Location: Limassol/Lemesos

Re: Still no confirmed Corona cases in Cyprus, but for how l

Postby Kikapu » Mon Sep 14, 2020 6:36 pm

Tim Drayton wrote:
In early August, an estimated 460,000 motorcyclists took part in the annual pilgrimage to South Dakota. The Sturgis Biker Rally, which has been a major draw since 1938, is a 10-day event that generates hundreds of millions of dollars in revenue, much of it made on alcohol-fueled fun and revelry. In other words, as the party poopers would say, the ideal conditions for a deadly virus to sweep through a broad swath of the population, leaving behind incalculable loss of life in its wake.

So now that the coronavirus has surpassed its Sturgis incubation period, how many reckless bikers lost their lives for not honoring social-distancing protocols at crowded hotspots for multiple days and nights on end? You may want to have a seat, this will shock you. The current death rate stands at just one (1) person. That’s right, as USA Today reported, the unidentified victim was a “Minnesota man…in his 60s and had underlying health conditions.” In other words, not exactly the sort of outcome one would expect under a code-red pandemic.


https://www.strategic-culture.org/news/ ... -protests/

It is funny how those who were against BLM demonstrations were always ready to accuse them for spreading the coronavirus despite most wearing masks and not having the 460,000 people at one time at one place?

If the above story is factual, then future demonstrations should be encouraged, yes?
User avatar
Kikapu
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 15215
Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2006 6:18 pm

Re: Still no confirmed Corona cases in Cyprus, but for how l

Postby repulsewarrior » Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:09 pm

...and i read that 6,000 cases can be attributed to this meeting.
User avatar
repulsewarrior
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 9671
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:13 am
Location: homeless in Canada

Re: Still no confirmed Corona cases in Cyprus, but for how l

Postby cyprusgrump » Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:25 am

Those annoying ONS numbers again... :D

Main points from latest release

The number of deaths registered in England and Wales in the week ending 28 August 2020 (Week 35) was 9,032; this was 599 deaths fewer than in Week 34.

In Week 35, the number of deaths registered was 9.6% above the five-year average (791 deaths higher); this is the third consecutive week that weekly deaths have been above the five-year average, however, the rise was not driven by the coronavirus (COVID-19).

The number of deaths in hospitals was below the five-year average in Week 35, while the number of deaths in private homes, care homes and other locations was above the five-year average.

Of the deaths registered in Week 35, 101 mentioned “novel coronavirus (COVID-19)”, the lowest number of deaths involving COVID-19 in the last 24 weeks and a 26.8% decrease compared with Week 34 (37 deaths), accounting for 1.1% of all deaths in England and Wales.

The number of deaths involving COVID-19 decreased across the majority of the English regions, however all regions had higher overall deaths than the five-year average.

In Wales, the number of deaths involving COVID-19 decreased to three deaths (from 11 deaths in Week 34), while the total number of deaths in Week 35 was above the five-year average (52 deaths) for the third consecutive week.

Of all deaths involving COVID-19 registered up to Week 35, 63.4% occurred in hospital, with the remainder mainly occurring in care homes (29.6%), private homes (4.7%) and hospices (1.4%).

The number of deaths registered in the UK in the week ending 28 August 2020 (Week 35) was 10,337, which was 882 deaths higher than the five-year average and 630 deaths lower than Week 34; of the deaths registered in the UK in Week 35, 110 deaths involved COVID-19, 39 fewer deaths than Week 34.


Dying out... :wink:
User avatar
cyprusgrump
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8180
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2005 4:35 pm
Location: Pissouri, Cyprus

Re: Still no confirmed Corona cases in Cyprus, but for how l

Postby cyprusgrump » Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:35 am

Kikapu wrote:
Tim Drayton wrote:
In early August, an estimated 460,000 motorcyclists took part in the annual pilgrimage to South Dakota. The Sturgis Biker Rally, which has been a major draw since 1938, is a 10-day event that generates hundreds of millions of dollars in revenue, much of it made on alcohol-fueled fun and revelry. In other words, as the party poopers would say, the ideal conditions for a deadly virus to sweep through a broad swath of the population, leaving behind incalculable loss of life in its wake.

So now that the coronavirus has surpassed its Sturgis incubation period, how many reckless bikers lost their lives for not honoring social-distancing protocols at crowded hotspots for multiple days and nights on end? You may want to have a seat, this will shock you. The current death rate stands at just one (1) person. That’s right, as USA Today reported, the unidentified victim was a “Minnesota man…in his 60s and had underlying health conditions.” In other words, not exactly the sort of outcome one would expect under a code-red pandemic.


https://www.strategic-culture.org/news/ ... -protests/

It is funny how those who were against BLM demonstrations were always ready to accuse them for spreading the coronavirus despite most wearing masks and not having the 460,000 people at one time at one place?

If the above story is factual, then future demonstrations should be encouraged, yes?



Good!

You finally admit that Lockdowns, masks and social distancing have been necessary and inappropriate for a flu like disease....

Your fellow sceptics welcome you... :wink:
User avatar
cyprusgrump
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8180
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2005 4:35 pm
Location: Pissouri, Cyprus

Re: Still no confirmed Corona cases in Cyprus, but for how l

Postby cyprusgrump » Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:36 am

repulsewarrior wrote:...and i read that 6,000 cases can be attributed to this meeting.



I think you'll find that was a computer model of how many might possibly be infected...

...and we know how accurate the computer models have been throughout this entire fiasco don't we...? :wink:
User avatar
cyprusgrump
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8180
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2005 4:35 pm
Location: Pissouri, Cyprus

Re: Still no confirmed Corona cases in Cyprus, but for how l

Postby erolz66 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:18 am

cyprusgrump wrote:Dying out... :wink:


Since your claim back in June 24th that the virus was rapidly dying out almost everywhere

Global confirmed positives have gone from 9.4 million to 29 million. An increase of around 20 million.
Global covid deaths have gone from 482,000 to 924,000. An increase of around 450,000.

The ongoing rate, 7 day average, then and now, of

Global confirmed positives was 154,472 per day then and is 270,140 per day now.
Global covid deaths was 4813 per day then and is 4942 per day now.

Dictionary

rapidly
/ˈrapɪdli/
adverb
very quickly; at a great rate.
erolz66
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 4101
Joined: Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:31 pm

Re: Still no confirmed Corona cases in Cyprus, but for how l

Postby Tim Drayton » Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:53 am

James Corbett draws connections between 9-11 and covid:

https://youtu.be/opAyJt94Kmo
User avatar
Tim Drayton
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8727
Joined: Sat Jul 21, 2007 1:32 am
Location: Limassol/Lemesos

Re: Still no confirmed Corona cases in Cyprus, but for how l

Postby Get Real! » Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:08 am

Tim Drayton wrote:James Corbett draws connections between 9-11 and covid:

https://youtu.be/opAyJt94Kmo

Yeah, I myself have started to draw connections between my balls and a couple of planets from a neighboring solar system... food for thought for YouTubers!
User avatar
Get Real!
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 
Posts: 42682
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:25 am
Location: Nicosia

Re: Still no confirmed Corona cases in Cyprus, but for how l

Postby Tim Drayton » Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:14 am

Tim Drayton wrote:James Corbett draws connections between 9-11 and covid:

https://youtu.be/opAyJt94Kmo


A comment posted below the above video:

'It's just a mask.

It’s just voluntary social distancing.

It's just two weeks – to “flatten the curve.”

It’s just temporary.

It's just to prevent an overwhelming surge of the health care system.

We’re all in this together.

It's just 'non-essential' businesses.

It’s just until the surge is over.

Its just to keep others from being scared.

It’s just a sign of caring.

It's just two more weeks.

It’s just six feet.

It's just communion or singing.

You can still meet on videochat.

It’s the new normal.

Anyone who does not comply is making things worse.

It's just until October.

It's just until more cases go down.

It's just until we get a vaccine.

It’s just until the virus is no longer an issue.

It's just the deletion of a YouTube video.

It’s just the deletion of a Facebook post.

It's just the deletion of a YouTube account.

It’s just the deletion of a Facebook account.

It's just to protect others from misinformation.

Anybody who does not agree must be a right wing extremist or a white supremacist.

It’s just a nasal swab.

It just hurts for a few seconds.

It’s just for everyone’s safety.

We will need for you to return for repeat testing once every week.

You ideally should wear goggles or an eye mask for “more perfect” protection.

It’s recommended that you wear a mask while you are at home with family members.

It’s advised that you maintain social distance while you are at home with family members.

It’s just until there are less than 6 new cases per 100,000 people.

This may not end until the second half of 2021 or in 2022.

We need to ramp up the testing and tracing.

This is a testing checkpoint. You must submit to a test.

It's just an app.

It's just to let us know who you've been in contact with.

It's just to let others know you're safe to be around.

It's just a few places that don't accept cash.

It’s only a temporary coin shortage.

It’s just a no-cash policy.

It’s a convenient card that tracks all your transactions.

It’s just a ban on singing in public.

It’s only facial recognition.

It's just an ankle bracelet.

It’s just to let us know that you are complying with isolation.

The drones will be monitoring you for your protection to make sure you are complying with quarantine.

You should not have sex without wearing a mask.

You are not allowed to have sex with anyone who is not a member of your household.

It’s just a little prick.

It’s just a quantum-dot tattoo embedded into your skin.

This device provides a brief electrical current to allow the RNA or DNA to enter your cells.

It’s for your health security..

That’s just a conspiracy theory.

It’s so we can keep track of your immunization status.

It's just a temporary side effect.

It’s just a coincidence – it has nothing to do with the vaccine.

If you feel sick at any time or for any reason, it just means it’s the virus is causing it.

If you get sick, then you just have to start again with more isolation and injections.

It looks like we will need multiple booster injections to give you the best protection.

It’s just a new type of mask with a built-in temperature and virus sensors that you need to wear all day.

It's just for medical information and paying for things.

It’s just an immunization passport.

It's completely voluntary, but you need it if you want to be able to participate in society.

It's just that you can't board an airplane without it.

It's just that you are not allowed to be employed without it.

It's just that you cannot go to school or university without it.

It's just that you cannot enter any stores without it.

It's just that you cannot renew your driver's license without it

It's just that you are not allowed to leave your house without it.

It's just so you can be allowed to drive on the roads.

It's just so you can be allowed to vote.

It’s just so you are allowed to keep your job.

It’s just so you can allowed inside stores.

It’s only a restaurant closure.

It’s only one small business that has closed.

It’s just a one-time stimulus check.

The economy will eventually bounce back – it will be a “V” shaped curve.

It’s just a temporary job loss.

It’s just a temporary unemployment check.

It’s was just a temporary moratorium on evictions and foreclosures.

It’s just an eviction notice.

It’s just a foreclosure notice.

It’s only needed in order for you to be allowed government assistance.

It’s just a temporary bank closure.

It’s just a bank holiday.

It’s just a ban on cash.

The dollar has been devalued.

It’s a brand new digital cryptocurrency designed by Microsoft.

If you care, then you reduce your talking, or stop talking completely when in public.

It’s only required if you want to leave your house.

It's voluntary but your children will need to be removed from your care.

It's mandatory.

Without it you will be fined.

If you don't have it you will be placed in a quarantine facility.

This should end no longer than one year after the entire world has been vaccinated with all four doses.

It’s just until there are no more new cases.

It’s just until we completely irradicate the virus.

It’s unrealistic to think that we can completely irradicate this because it mutates and adapts.

We now believe that the virus will always be with us.

It’s the onset of a brand new pandemic. It’s called “Pandemic Two.”

It's just a little chip. It’s for health security.

Stop asking questions. This is the law and you are expected to follow it.

This is a lawful order. We are here to remove you and your children from your home. We will be taking you to a safe facility. Please get into the van.

Welcome to the quarantine facility. This is a locked facility for your safety.

You will need to wear a hazmat suit.

It’s just a mask.

"The more we do to you, the less you seem to believe we are doing it". - Joseph Mengele.'
User avatar
Tim Drayton
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8727
Joined: Sat Jul 21, 2007 1:32 am
Location: Limassol/Lemesos

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests