The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


Still no confirmed Corona cases in Cyprus, but for how long?

Feel free to talk about anything that you want.

Re: Still no confirmed Corona cases in Cyprus, but for how l

Postby Paphitis » Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:21 pm

erolz66 wrote:
Paphitis wrote:Europe and Sweden have actually shown the way forward on how to live with COVID based on the Swedish Model.

Today, we have record cases of COVID in Europe but far less deaths than the first wave just by adding the nuance of isolating the vulnerable and let the fit and healthy live normal lives only with masks, sanitisation and social distancing.

Well done to Europe and Sweden.


So the decreasing rate of those dying from covid today is nothing to do with the fact that we now know with vastly more certainty and consensus what existing drugs, treatments and therapies are effective in trying to prevent death of those badly affected, than we did 6 months ago ? Nothing to do with us knowing with increasing certainty and consensus what factors other than just age make you vulnerable to severe reaction to this pathogen, so that they can be protected ?


Say thank you to Trump!

He announced what was affective 4 months ago.

And most countries still won’t administer HCF with Zinc tablets.
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 27224
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Re: Still no confirmed Corona cases in Cyprus, but for how l

Postby erolz66 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:25 pm

Tim Drayton wrote:
erolz66 wrote:
Paphitis wrote:Europe and Sweden have actually shown the way forward on how to live with COVID based on the Swedish Model.

Today, we have record cases of COVID in Europe but far less deaths than the first wave just by adding the nuance of isolating the vulnerable and let the fit and healthy live normal lives only with masks, sanitisation and social distancing.

Well done to Europe and Sweden.


So the decreasing rate of those dying from covid today is nothing to do with the fact that we now know with vastly more certainty and consensus what existing drugs, treatments and therapies are effective in trying to prevent death of those badly affected, than we did 6 months ago ? Nothing to do with us knowing with increasing certainty and consensus what factors other than just age make you vulnerable to severe reaction to this pathogen, so that they can be protected ?


Anyway, let's all rejoice at the fact that very few people are dying any more, even according to the official figures which were being inflated in many different ways. Can we find common ground in this?


There is common ground that it is a good thing that we now know how to prevent death from covid significantly better than we did 6 months ago, in orders of 30% less death or more and even then with a 'currently' caveat. That such even needs stating is indicative to me of how ludicrous such discussion have become here.

As to the statement that very few people are dying any more this is only true or not depending on what you consider 'very few' to be and based on what selected areas you cherry pick. I dispute that this is true in the case of India to pluck one example from the air. I do not 'agree' that in India, 'very few' people today are dying from covid even though we have much better knowledge in how to prevent death from it.
erolz66
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 4101
Joined: Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:31 pm

Re: Still no confirmed Corona cases in Cyprus, but for how l

Postby Paphitis » Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:32 pm

erolz66 wrote:
Tim Drayton wrote:
erolz66 wrote:
Paphitis wrote:Europe and Sweden have actually shown the way forward on how to live with COVID based on the Swedish Model.

Today, we have record cases of COVID in Europe but far less deaths than the first wave just by adding the nuance of isolating the vulnerable and let the fit and healthy live normal lives only with masks, sanitisation and social distancing.

Well done to Europe and Sweden.


So the decreasing rate of those dying from covid today is nothing to do with the fact that we now know with vastly more certainty and consensus what existing drugs, treatments and therapies are effective in trying to prevent death of those badly affected, than we did 6 months ago ? Nothing to do with us knowing with increasing certainty and consensus what factors other than just age make you vulnerable to severe reaction to this pathogen, so that they can be protected ?


Anyway, let's all rejoice at the fact that very few people are dying any more, even according to the official figures which were being inflated in many different ways. Can we find common ground in this?


There is common ground that it is a good thing that we now know how to prevent death from covid significantly better than we did 6 months ago, in orders of 30% less death or more and even then with a 'currently' caveat. That such even needs stating is indicative to me of how ludicrous such discussion have become here.

As to the statement that very few people are dying any more this is only true or not depending on what you consider 'very few' to be and based on what selected areas you cherry pick. I dispute that this is true in the case of India to pluck one example from the air. I do not 'agree' that in India, 'very few' people today are dying from covid even though we have much better knowledge in how to prevent death from it.


HCF right? With Zinc.

HCF which was demonized because it came with Trump’s seal of approval.
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 27224
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Re: Still no confirmed Corona cases in Cyprus, but for how l

Postby Paphitis » Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:37 pm

Gee that Trump ain’t that silly after all.
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 27224
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Re: Still no confirmed Corona cases in Cyprus, but for how l

Postby erolz66 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:14 pm

Paphitis wrote:HCF right? With Zinc.

HCF which was demonized because it came with Trump’s seal of approval.


I have raised the following point with you before Paphtitis. I will do so once more but probably not again after that, given the past experience that it took over 30 pages of arguing with you and the creation of a shaming poll before you could accept that a paedophile, tried in a court of law and found guilty of the most serious offences against children over decades was not in fact someone who had just been subject to 'idle and malicious gossip' from disgruntled accusers.

HCF was not demonised. Trump was , quite rightly, demonised for advocating the use of this drug as both a treatment for and prophylactic against covid-19 BEFORE there was ANY data derived from actual medical studies or trials but purely on the basis that he could and did know it's efficacy before such because he is some kind of savant genius. It does not matter how effective HCF subsequently proves to be or not. Such action by Trump was still dangerous, ill advised and self serving regardless.

The negative impacts of this behaviour on his part still linger today. I doubt you could without looking up, name the cheap existing drugs with less side effects that we now know, via clinical trial and wide consensus, have major impacts on chances of dying from covid-19 far far greater than anything known so far in regards to HCF. Yet you can do and will scream HCF at every opportunity.
erolz66
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 4101
Joined: Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:31 pm

Re: Still no confirmed Corona cases in Cyprus, but for how l

Postby Paphitis » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:07 am

erolz66 wrote:
Paphitis wrote:HCF right? With Zinc.

HCF which was demonized because it came with Trump’s seal of approval.


I have raised the following point with you before Paphtitis. I will do so once more but probably not again after that, given the past experience that it took over 30 pages of arguing with you and the creation of a shaming poll before you could accept that a paedophile, tried in a court of law and found guilty of the most serious offences against children over decades was not in fact someone who had just been subject to 'idle and malicious gossip' from disgruntled accusers.

HCF was not demonised. Trump was , quite rightly, demonised for advocating the use of this drug as both a treatment for and prophylactic against covid-19 BEFORE there was ANY data derived from actual medical studies or trials but purely on the basis that he could and did know it's efficacy before such because he is some kind of savant genius. It does not matter how effective HCF subsequently proves to be or not. Such action by Trump was still dangerous, ill advised and self serving regardless.

The negative impacts of this behaviour on his part still linger today. I doubt you could without looking up, name the cheap existing drugs with less side effects that we now know, via clinical trial and wide consensus, have major impacts on chances of dying from covid-19 far far greater than anything known so far in regards to HCF. Yet you can do and will scream HCF at every opportunity.


Oh I remember the debate and once again, Cardinal Pell was a victim of the disgusting culture war and the war against religions apart from Islam which seemingly get a free pass.

It does turn out that the accusations against the Cardinal were fabricated. I knew that from the beginning as the evidence did not make sense and the Vatican was pretty sure of his innocence. The Cardinal was extremely adamant of his innocence.

He won in the Federal Courts as the overturned the gross miscarriage of justice in Victoria. Yep, the Dan the NaN Communist State which bought Australia to its knees with a second wave due to gross incompetence.

As to HCF. The science was already our. Countries were already administering it with great results. When he first announced it at a press conference, there was a leading medical researcher with him. It was a couple of weeks after he admitted using it after reading many reports from clinical trials and from other countries like Switzerland which were already administering the drug effectively claiming it significantly reduced the mortality rate.
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 27224
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Re: Still no confirmed Corona cases in Cyprus, but for how l

Postby repulsewarrior » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:44 am

http://www.cna.org.cy/WebNews-en.aspx?a ... 50f2eb8589

"Cyprus authorities announced on Tuesday six new COVID-19 cases, after completing 3,157 laboratory tests. The total number of cases detected so far rose to 1,540.

One of the six cases was detected from private initiative, after showing symptoms on September 12.

Another case was detected at a Public Health Clinic after a referral by GP as this person started to show symptoms on September 13.

The rest of the cases were detected after contact tracing. One is a family member of the case announced on September 13, which traveled to Cyprus from Russia on September 11. The remaining three cases are family members of the case announced on Monday and is related to the cluster of a case detected by the Microbiology Labs of General Hospitals on September 9. This cluster numbers 12 cases in total.

According to a Ministry of Health annou..."

...back to reality.
User avatar
repulsewarrior
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 9671
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:13 am
Location: homeless in Canada

Re: Still no confirmed Corona cases in Cyprus, but for how l

Postby Tim Drayton » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:29 am

A Doctors’ Open Letter to Daniel Andrews

https://quadrant.org.au/opinion/qed/202 ... l-andrews/

For a far sharper analysis of what is going on in Victoria, Australia, including a critique of the above letter, see:

From Blue Shirts to Brown

https://off-guardian.org/2020/09/16/fro ... -to-brown/
User avatar
Tim Drayton
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8727
Joined: Sat Jul 21, 2007 1:32 am
Location: Limassol/Lemesos

Re: Still no confirmed Corona cases in Cyprus, but for how l

Postby erolz66 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:38 am

Paphitis wrote:Oh I remember the debate and once again, Cardinal Pell was a victim of the disgusting culture war and the war against religions apart from Islam which seemingly get a free pass.


Your memory is warped. It was not about Cardinal Pell. It was about convicted former teachers at Geelong school. People like John Hamilton Buckley. cyprus47150-10.html#p889797

You can distort and disassemble all you like Paphtis, but what you actually said remains there in the record. You spent pages and pages trying to defend people like John Hamilton Buckley.
erolz66
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 4101
Joined: Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:31 pm

Re: Still no confirmed Corona cases in Cyprus, but for how l

Postby Tim Drayton » Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:07 pm

This is what things have descended to in Victoria, Australia. Police viciously assault a man by the roadside as if they were a gang of thugs, including kicking him in the head. Come on people. Wake up from your trance and let's stop this global drift into fascism facilitated by a false perception that has been created about a disease no worse than the flu while we still can.

https://twitter.com/paul_dowsley/status ... 1856365568
User avatar
Tim Drayton
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 8727
Joined: Sat Jul 21, 2007 1:32 am
Location: Limassol/Lemesos

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest