The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


Countdown to British Independence Day

Everything related to politics in Cyprus and the rest of the world.

Countdown to British Independence Day

Postby Paphitis » Tue Dec 22, 2020 3:33 pm

Only 39 days to go.

been a long hard fought war for British Independence.

Should the UK declare 1st of February a Public Holiday?

Image
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 32303
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Re: Countdown to British Independence Day

Postby miltiades » Tue Dec 22, 2020 3:49 pm

More like a countdown to self destruction.
Albert was so right. Human stupidity is infinite.
The mighty euro will thrive the British pound will take a dive.
User avatar
miltiades
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 19837
Joined: Thu Apr 13, 2006 10:01 pm

Re: Countdown to British Independence Day

Postby Londonrake » Tue Dec 22, 2020 7:36 pm

From the beginning, over 4 years ago, I've always held the view that I'll believe Brexit when it actually happens. I don't trust any UK politician, of any party/hue and events since June 2016 have only served to reinforce that. We've been plagued with what seems to me the worst bunch of leaders in living memory, at a time when somebody exceptional was needed. Corbyn/May/Johnson/Swinson/Sturgeon. You couldn't make it up. :roll:

If Brexit happens it happens. I've never held my breath. I don't see any reason to hold a party though TBH. Just let's get on with things.
Londonrake
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 5802
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:19 pm
Location: ROC

Re: Countdown to British Independence Day

Postby Kikapu » Tue Dec 22, 2020 8:37 pm

Paphitis wrote:Only 39 days to go.

been a long hard fought war for British Independence.

Should the UK declare 1st of February a Public Holiday?


UK was never under occupation by the EU. :roll:

UK became a member of the EU willingly. :roll:

UK is leaving the EU membership willingly. :D

UK wants the benefits of the EU after Brexit, but not the obligations of fair trade. :roll:

Errrr, NO! :lol:
User avatar
Kikapu
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 18011
Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2006 6:18 pm

Re: Countdown to British Independence Day

Postby Londonrake » Tue Dec 22, 2020 9:06 pm

Kikapu wrote:
Paphitis wrote:Only 39 days to go.

been a long hard fought war for British Independence.

Should the UK declare 1st of February a Public Holiday?


UK was never under occupation by the EU. :roll:

UK became a member of the EU willingly. :roll:

UK is leaving the EU membership willingly. :D

UK wants the benefits of the EU after Brexit, but not the obligations of fair trade. :roll:

Errrr, NO! :lol:


Some of those points are complex and multi-faceted factors of course. All surely having been done to death in the past? :wink:
Londonrake
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 5802
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:19 pm
Location: ROC

Re: Countdown to British Independence Day

Postby Kikapu » Tue Dec 22, 2020 9:09 pm

Londonrake wrote:
Kikapu wrote:
Paphitis wrote:Only 39 days to go.

been a long hard fought war for British Independence.

Should the UK declare 1st of February a Public Holiday?


UK was never under occupation by the EU. :roll:

UK became a member of the EU willingly. :roll:

UK is leaving the EU membership willingly. :D

UK wants the benefits of the EU after Brexit, but not the obligations of fair trade. :roll:

Errrr, NO! :lol:


Some of those points are complex and multi-faceted factors of course. All surely having been done to death in the past? :wink:


I thought so too, but our friend Paphitis does not seem to be aware of them. :wink:
User avatar
Kikapu
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 18011
Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2006 6:18 pm

Re: Countdown to British Independence Day

Postby Londonrake » Tue Dec 22, 2020 9:15 pm

Kikapu wrote:I thought so too, but our friend Paphitis does not seem to be aware of them. :wink:


Paphitis is probably the principle focal point for most issues on this forum. I don't know what you'd do without him TBH. :?
Londonrake
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 5802
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:19 pm
Location: ROC

Re: Countdown to British Independence Day

Postby miltiades » Tue Dec 22, 2020 9:19 pm

Londonrake wrote:
Kikapu wrote:I thought so too, but our friend Paphitis does not seem to be aware of them. :wink:


Paphitis is probably the principle focal point for most issues on this forum. I don't know what you'd do without him TBH. :?

He is after all the forum's idiot :lol:
User avatar
miltiades
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 19837
Joined: Thu Apr 13, 2006 10:01 pm

Re: Countdown to British Independence Day

Postby Kikapu » Tue Dec 22, 2020 9:33 pm

Londonrake wrote:
Kikapu wrote:I thought so too, but our friend Paphitis does not seem to be aware of them. :wink:


Paphitis is probably the principle focal point for most issues on this forum. I don't know what you'd do without him TBH. :?


It would be disrespectful in not responding to his posts, especially on topics which affects most members on CF directly and indirectly. Anytime anyone posts something, by default, it invites responses of an agreement views or counter argument views. :wink:
User avatar
Kikapu
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 18011
Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2006 6:18 pm

Re: Countdown to British Independence Day

Postby Paphitis » Wed Dec 23, 2020 4:42 am

Kikapu wrote:
Paphitis wrote:Only 39 days to go.

been a long hard fought war for British Independence.

Should the UK declare 1st of February a Public Holiday?


UK was never under occupation by the EU. :roll:

UK became a member of the EU willingly. :roll:

UK is leaving the EU membership willingly. :D

UK wants the benefits of the EU after Brexit, but not the obligations of fair trade. :roll:

Errrr, NO! :lol:


What the UK joined decades ago was a trade block.

What the EU has become lately is something a lot more restrictive and controlling infringing on the member states exercising effective sovereignty.

Hence why all member states should have a referendum like the UK did.

The UK voted for independence and will be liberated soon. A clear inspiration to the states like Greece and Cyprus which are still under the EU tyranny. :wink:
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 32303
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Next

Return to Politics and Elections

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests