The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


Is there god

Feel free to talk about anything that you want.

Re: Is there god

Postby Pyrpolizer » Sat Aug 07, 2021 12:46 pm

Perhaps a bit late for me to jump into this.
Anyway... let's start from the basics. We humans have limited mental abilities. It's humiliating I know,

1)We can not define or understand time without using time related explanations. Try to define it and see for yourselves.
Even Einstein tried using the time-space-speed model but even him stumbled upon sequencial events relating to time. He also said there can be no time without having an observer...
2)We cannot understand existence without referring to time
3)we cannot understand creation without a creator
etc etc etc.
So we end up to paradoxes like beleiving that God created the Universe. But if that's true then who created God??

There's only one concept we can understand: The concept of infinity. Actually even that is hard for us to digest, but at least it fits in our mathematical logic. E.g. Given any number there is an endless series of numbers greater than that.

Using my limited human mental ability, i beleive God is the infinity. The universe/s are just the result of properties of the infinity which in turn have other properties let's call them "law and order of the chaos". There is no design in that, no ultimate wisdom or emotions. It's just properies and sub properties of the infinity.He have infinite number of stars and planets, infinite number of Universes.
On the other hand we know that there are two infinities a + and a minus. Add them up and there is absolute zero.
In summary Imho God is both infinity and absolute zero. To exist there must be a time observer, and in our case the observer is life itself. I was schocked to learn from a Mason (some 30 yearsago) that God HAS THE NEED to project itself as life!! Easy to understand why.

I was also schocked to hear from people who claim to have contacts (via telepathy) with ET beings that ETs also beleive in God, but in a different way, that they can't explain to us.
User avatar
Pyrpolizer
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 10684
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:33 pm

Re: Is there god

Postby Lordo » Sat Aug 07, 2021 2:26 pm

Before we understod how the planets were created humanity assumed there must be a god and he did it. I assume it is indeed a he as no woman could create so much mess. Well yeah the obvious question is then who created god, Leave that aside.

We now know that step before the planets and stars are created is a lot of gas. It is this gas that is used to create the universe and everything in it. it has now been established beyond doubt that it is gravitational pull hat forms the stars and the planets in a universe. More to the point religous nuts did not understand relative motion and believed that the sun and the stars were rotating around the earth which was total nonsense. But you can understand how they came to conclusion at least that the earth was at the centre of the universe. But religous people decided to use religion to control the people and not to question them so they used the idea that it is god people were obeying not the religous order. Add to that without any evidence what so ever to come up with the idea that earth was created in 6 days and god rested on the 7th and that the earth is only 6000 years old andb it was formed as it is today and that if the scientits have found fossils that they date to be millions of years old, it is becasue the devil has put them there to confuse us just goes to show that they are full of shit and anybody who believes in what they say is also full of shit. Considering al the evidence today I am not sure what to call people who understand that they have been lied to for thousands of years but somehow they still hang on to the idea of god other than the fact that they are weak minded and need to believe that somebody is looking over them. But then again the first thing I learn about god is that the swine only helps those who can help themselves. So what the hell is god's role then.
User avatar
Lordo
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 15610
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: softalar, banana republic

Re: Is there god

Postby Maximus » Sun Aug 08, 2021 3:20 am

Lordo wrote:Before we understod how the planets were created humanity assumed there must be a god and he did it. I assume it is indeed a he as no woman could create so much mess. Well yeah the obvious question is then who created god, Leave that aside.

We now know that step before the planets and stars are created is a lot of gas. It is this gas that is used to create the universe and everything in it. it has now been established beyond doubt that it is gravitational pull hat forms the stars and the planets in a universe. More to the point religous nuts did not understand relative motion and believed that the sun and the stars were rotating around the earth which was total nonsense. But you can understand how they came to conclusion at least that the earth was at the centre of the universe. But religous people decided to use religion to control the people and not to question them so they used the idea that it is god people were obeying not the religous order. Add to that without any evidence what so ever to come up with the idea that earth was created in 6 days and god rested on the 7th and that the earth is only 6000 years old andb it was formed as it is today and that if the scientits have found fossils that they date to be millions of years old, it is becasue the devil has put them there to confuse us just goes to show that they are full of shit and anybody who believes in what they say is also full of shit. Considering al the evidence today I am not sure what to call people who understand that they have been lied to for thousands of years but somehow they still hang on to the idea of god other than the fact that they are weak minded and need to believe that somebody is looking over them. But then again the first thing I learn about god is that the swine only helps those who can help themselves. So what the hell is god's role then.


What do you know?

Not a lot and here you are trying to tackle the question of god, that is infinitely complicated, trying to explain that gravity and gas is the reason that the source of creation doesn't exist.

If you lived 2000 years ago, you would have invented the disposable lighter using your bordo and used that to prove Jesus Christ wasn't the son of god.

You stupid plonker.
Maximus
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 6326
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:23 pm

Re: Is there god

Postby Paphitis » Sun Aug 08, 2021 7:19 am

Maximus wrote:
Lordo wrote:Before we understod how the planets were created humanity assumed there must be a god and he did it. I assume it is indeed a he as no woman could create so much mess. Well yeah the obvious question is then who created god, Leave that aside.

We now know that step before the planets and stars are created is a lot of gas. It is this gas that is used to create the universe and everything in it. it has now been established beyond doubt that it is gravitational pull hat forms the stars and the planets in a universe. More to the point religous nuts did not understand relative motion and believed that the sun and the stars were rotating around the earth which was total nonsense. But you can understand how they came to conclusion at least that the earth was at the centre of the universe. But religous people decided to use religion to control the people and not to question them so they used the idea that it is god people were obeying not the religous order. Add to that without any evidence what so ever to come up with the idea that earth was created in 6 days and god rested on the 7th and that the earth is only 6000 years old andb it was formed as it is today and that if the scientits have found fossils that they date to be millions of years old, it is becasue the devil has put them there to confuse us just goes to show that they are full of shit and anybody who believes in what they say is also full of shit. Considering al the evidence today I am not sure what to call people who understand that they have been lied to for thousands of years but somehow they still hang on to the idea of god other than the fact that they are weak minded and need to believe that somebody is looking over them. But then again the first thing I learn about god is that the swine only helps those who can help themselves. So what the hell is god's role then.


What do you know?

Not a lot and here you are trying to tackle the question of god, that is infinitely complicated, trying to explain that gravity and gas is the reason that the source of creation doesn't exist.

If you lived 2000 years ago, you would have invented the disposable lighter using your bordo and used that to prove Jesus Christ wasn't the son of god.

You stupid plonker.


yeh it amazes me how we have a couple of numbskulls on this forum, one of whom just questioned humanities intelligence, and his own (can you believe it? :shock:), who are trying to educate us about God or the ultimate eternal creator if he indeed exists or not.

This who created God question...well it's totally beyond them that they say he is ETERNAL.

But I digress. I am just astonished how anyone can question their own intelligence and ours or all of humanity.

When, we are building Aircraft Carriers like the Gerald Ford.
When, we are sending rovers and have conducted the first powered flight on Mars when we only managed to have our first powered flight a mere 100 or so years ago on planet earth.
When, we are able to make astonishing medical advances and develop vaccines to a virus in just a few months when we need to

I mean, we can spend all day making a massive list of what mankind can achieve, so there is no doubt humans are an intelligent life form and that this intelligence is constantly evolving and expanding with our every advance, which seems to be accelerating so much more faster these days.

I kindly ask, if people have the need to question human inteliigence, to please stop doing that as they have no right to talk for others in that discussion. They should just question themsleves which is the best thing they can do to help themselves and self improve!

Ta! :roll:

I know my intelligence level, and what I can achieve and am very proud of my achievements.

To be told otherwise by Lordo and likeminded numbskulls like him who graphically wrote about penus hygiene, is just friggin most annoying....I am tring to erase that from my memory with little success. :arrow:

Humans also have every right to make up stories and to Philosophise about their origins and purpose. Ancient Egyptians did it, Ancient Greeks did it, Ancient Romans did it, and we still do it today and some of these Philosophers displayed immense intelligence and sophistry. It is another example of our intelligence - that we as a species are able to ponder over extremely complex issues and that we have an immense array of emotion which seperates us from the animal kingdom to a different level.

Some idiots like Lordo, think that because we can't answer all questions, that we are unintelligent. That's a rather very big statement to make when are capable to do so much in every facet of life.
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 29692
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Re: Is there god

Postby Lordo » Sun Aug 08, 2021 3:36 pm

What do you know? Your god has sent you a present. Now thats what I call a friend indeed. The priests all gothered around after spotting this asteroidm with so much precous metal that if harnessed it would make everybody billionaires on earth. Who said the meak shall not inherit the earth. Ohps I meant the asteroid. What a truly maginificent picture. But hang on there is something wrong with this report. How the hell did the priest take thispicture unless it was in his dream.

I wonder how those craters were made on it could it bew gravity naaaaaaaaaaaa it must have been some american monks target practicing. thats it that must be it.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/techandscience/asteroid-is-filled-with-so-much-precious-metal-it-d-make-everyone-on-earth-a-billionaire/ar-AAN1A1w?ocid=entnewsntp
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
Lordo
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 15610
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: softalar, banana republic

Re: Is there god

Postby Lordo » Sun Aug 08, 2021 3:42 pm

Maximus wrote:
Lordo wrote:Before we understod how the planets were created humanity assumed there must be a god and he did it. I assume it is indeed a he as no woman could create so much mess. Well yeah the obvious question is then who created god, Leave that aside.

We now know that step before the planets and stars are created is a lot of gas. It is this gas that is used to create the universe and everything in it. it has now been established beyond doubt that it is gravitational pull hat forms the stars and the planets in a universe. More to the point religous nuts did not understand relative motion and believed that the sun and the stars were rotating around the earth which was total nonsense. But you can understand how they came to conclusion at least that the earth was at the centre of the universe. But religous people decided to use religion to control the people and not to question them so they used the idea that it is god people were obeying not the religous order. Add to that without any evidence what so ever to come up with the idea that earth was created in 6 days and god rested on the 7th and that the earth is only 6000 years old andb it was formed as it is today and that if the scientits have found fossils that they date to be millions of years old, it is becasue the devil has put them there to confuse us just goes to show that they are full of shit and anybody who believes in what they say is also full of shit. Considering al the evidence today I am not sure what to call people who understand that they have been lied to for thousands of years but somehow they still hang on to the idea of god other than the fact that they are weak minded and need to believe that somebody is looking over them. But then again the first thing I learn about god is that the swine only helps those who can help themselves. So what the hell is god's role then.


What do you know?

Not a lot and here you are trying to tackle the question of god, that is infinitely complicated, trying to explain that gravity and gas is the reason that the source of creation doesn't exist.

If you lived 2000 years ago, you would have invented the disposable lighter using your bordo and used that to prove Jesus Christ wasn't the son of god.

You stupid plonker.


Now you mentioning 2000 years ago is very interesting indeed. Did you know that my cousin 2000 years ago who lived in Syria invented a track for his waggons pulled by horse. And also did you know that another cousin invented steam power about the same time in Egypt and used it to turn the revolving thing outside his barber shop. And it took another 1800 years before Stevenson put the two together and invented the steam train.

Fancy that gavole ullisas isasdin vosgimeni.
User avatar
Lordo
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 15610
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: softalar, banana republic

Re: Is there god

Postby Paphitis » Sun Aug 08, 2021 3:50 pm

Lordo wrote:What do you know? Your god has sent you a present. Now thats what I call a friend indeed. The priests all gothered around after spotting this asteroidm with so much precous metal that if harnessed it would make everybody billionaires on earth. Who said the meak shall not inherit the earth. Ohps I meant the asteroid. What a truly maginificent picture. But hang on there is something wrong with this report. How the hell did the priest take thispicture unless it was in his dream.

I wonder how those craters were made on it could it bew gravity naaaaaaaaaaaa it must have been some american monks target practicing. thats it that must be it.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/techandscience/asteroid-is-filled-with-so-much-precious-metal-it-d-make-everyone-on-earth-a-billionaire/ar-AAN1A1w?ocid=entnewsntp


What the hell are you babbling about yet again.

And what do you mean God sent us a present? Are you literally that brain dead?
User avatar
Paphitis
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 29692
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Re: Is there god

Postby Londonrake » Sun Aug 08, 2021 5:21 pm

Speakin’ of the devoutly religious.

I wonder what’s happened to Milti. :?

He’s been letting Paphitis get away with murder. That’s not like him.
Londonrake
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 3104
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:19 pm
Location: ROC

Re: Is there god

Postby Lordo » Sun Aug 08, 2021 5:46 pm

Londonrake wrote:Speakin’ of the devoutly religious.

I wonder what’s happened to Milti. :?

He’s been letting Paphitis get away with murder. That’s not like him.


I did not realise he was devoutly religious? Is it on account that he likes red wine or kosher pork keybabs.
User avatar
Lordo
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 15610
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: softalar, banana republic

Re: Is there god

Postby Londonrake » Sun Aug 08, 2021 5:53 pm

Lordo wrote:
Londonrake wrote:Speakin’ of the devoutly religious.

I wonder what’s happened to Milti. :?

He’s been letting Paphitis get away with murder. That’s not like him.


I did not realise he was devoutly religigous? Is it on account that he likes red one or kosher pork keybabs.


No. I was being sarcastic. Milti hasn’t much time for religion. Mostly down to personal tragedies I believe.

Nevertheless, it’s been quite a while since we heard from him.
Londonrake
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 3104
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:19 pm
Location: ROC

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests