The Best Cyprus Community

Skip to content


La La Land

Everything related to politics in Cyprus and the rest of the world.

Re: La La Land

Postby Lordo » Fri Dec 02, 2022 1:55 am

I get the feeling the Bullshit Broadcasting Corporation is out to destroy the Royalty. This story has been at the front page for days.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-63819482
User avatar
Lordo
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 21002
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: From the river to the sea, Palestine will be free. Walk on Swine walk on

Re: La La Land

Postby Lordo » Fri Dec 02, 2022 2:49 am

User avatar
Lordo
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 21002
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: From the river to the sea, Palestine will be free. Walk on Swine walk on

Re: La La Land

Postby Londonrake » Fri Dec 02, 2022 6:27 am

Lordo wrote:I get the feeling the Bullshit Broadcasting Corporation is out to destroy the Royalty. This story has been at the front page for days.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-63819482


It was the lead news item. A distant second being the announcement of a potential breakthrough drug in the fight against Alzheimer's.
Londonrake
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 5557
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:19 pm
Location: ROC

Re: La La Land

Postby Londonrake » Fri Dec 02, 2022 6:44 am

Londonrake wrote:Today’s YouGov poll:


Labour - 47%

Conservatives - 22%

Reform - 9%


Today’s Chester by election………………


Held by Labour but with their biggest win for the seat ever.
Londonrake
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 5557
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:19 pm
Location: ROC

Re: La La Land

Postby Lordo » Fri Dec 02, 2022 11:47 am

How the hell does an individual who has been an NHS nurse actually decides to stand for an MP for the Swine party?

Can anybody explain it?
Has she not seen or heard anything in the last 12 years?
Does she not realise how underfunded and understaffed NHS is?
Does she not realise how the backers to the Swine party are undertaxed?
User avatar
Lordo
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 21002
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: From the river to the sea, Palestine will be free. Walk on Swine walk on

Re: La La Land

Postby Londonrake » Fri Dec 02, 2022 12:41 pm

Lordo wrote:....................................Does she not realise how underfunded and understaffed NHS is?.......................................



1.2 million people work in the NHS (clinical staff 700,000+).

https://digital.nhs.uk/data-and-informa ... s/may-2022

It's in the top 20 largest employers on the planet.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_largest_employers

Last year £192 billion was spent on the Department of Health and Social Care. The wage bill is £56 billion per year.

https://www.kingsfund.org.uk/audio-vide ... igures-nhs

This year about 12% of GDP was allocated, 2% more than Labour were spending at their peak in 2010.

Between 2010 and 2025 the health budget will have increased by 42%. England's to £162 billion.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/317 ... d-kingdom/

There are problems. Not least of which is the number of NHS managers. 7000 take home between £80k to £130k a year. A further 1000 between £139k - £200K. 114 each earn between £200-£250k. 36 annually a minimum of a quarter of a million.

The current starting salary of a nurse is about £26k pa. Go figure.

For a long time the NHS has been in need of root and branch reform. The main obstacle is it's - uniquely among major countries healthcare systems - regarded as being on a par with a religion and thus untouchable.

Not an election goes by without the Labour party screaming that the NHS is in danger. "Two weeks/24 hours to save the NHS!" "Revealed - Tory plan to sell NHS to Trump". Etc, etc, etc. Predictable as a sunrise.

Clearly, the pandemic has played havoc, in multiple ways. Not least, currently leaving the country with a related huge backlog of cases.

As usual Lordo, you spin the story without any recourse to facts, in order to fit your hard-left Socialist agenda and personal penchant for doom-and-gloom depressive posting (BAAAHHHH, HUMBUG!! :wink: ).

FWIW, I'm sure you absolutely believe it all though.
Londonrake
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 5557
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:19 pm
Location: ROC

Re: La La Land

Postby Lordo » Fri Dec 02, 2022 2:50 pm

Nope. That does not explain it.
Turkey cannot vote for Christmas if it knows what's good for it.
Perhaps she is a turkey in disguise.
User avatar
Lordo
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 21002
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: From the river to the sea, Palestine will be free. Walk on Swine walk on

Re: La La Land

Postby Londonrake » Fri Dec 02, 2022 2:53 pm

Lordo wrote:Nope. That does not explain it.
Turkey cannot vote for Christmas if it knows what's good for it.
Perhaps she is a turkey in disguise.





:wink: :lol:
Londonrake
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 5557
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:19 pm
Location: ROC

Re: La La Land

Postby Lordo » Fri Dec 02, 2022 2:58 pm

Londonrake wrote:
Lordo wrote:....................................Does she not realise how underfunded and understaffed NHS is?.......................................



1.2 million people work in the NHS (clinical staff 700,000+).

https://digital.nhs.uk/data-and-informa ... s/may-2022

It's in the top 20 largest employers on the planet.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_largest_employers

Last year £192 billion was spent on the Department of Health and Social Care. The wage bill is £56 billion per year.

https://www.kingsfund.org.uk/audio-vide ... igures-nhs

This year about 12% of GDP was allocated, 2% more than Labour were spending at their peak in 2010.

Between 2010 and 2025 the health budget will have increased by 42%. England's to £162 billion.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/317 ... d-kingdom/

There are problems. Not least of which is the number of NHS managers. 7000 take home between £80k to £130k a year. A further 1000 between £139k - £200K. 114 each earn between £200-£250k. 36 annually a minimum of a quarter of a million.

The current starting salary of a nurse is about £26k pa. Go figure.

For a long time the NHS has been in need of root and branch reform. The main obstacle is it's - uniquely among major countries healthcare systems - regarded as being on a par with a religion and thus untouchable.

Not an election goes by without the Labour party screaming that the NHS is in danger. "Two weeks/24 hours to save the NHS!" "Revealed - Tory plan to sell NHS to Trump". Etc, etc, etc. Predictable as a sunrise.

Clearly, the pandemic has played havoc, in multiple ways. Not least, currently leaving the country with a related huge backlog of cases.

As usual Lordo, you spin the story without any recourse to facts, in order to fit your hard-left Socialist agenda and personal penchant for doom-and-gloom depressive posting (BAAAHHHH, HUMBUG!! :wink: ).

FWIW, I'm sure you absolutely believe it all though.

Do the above figures include all the 29 million this Sow got for winning a contract to supply PPE 5 days beofre the company was even formed?

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2022/nov/24/lady-mone-tories-ppe-scandals-angela-rayner?amp;amp;amp
User avatar
Lordo
Leading Contributor
Leading Contributor
 
Posts: 21002
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: From the river to the sea, Palestine will be free. Walk on Swine walk on

Re: La La Land

Postby Londonrake » Fri Dec 02, 2022 4:15 pm

Straw man.

When people of your political leanings spin tales about things like the NHS being “starved” I like to have my three ‘halfpence worth. :)

There’s obviously lots wrong with the Conservative Party - currently busy imploding, although still finding time for “rebellions” - and barring a miracle (England winning the World Cup? :lol: ) we are clearly heading for another 1987. I still take issue when political dogma surfaces, presenting itself as reality.

It always used to be the case that with a Labour administration defence was usually safe. Conversely, the case with the Tories and NHS. Both seeming terrified of getting pounced on with “Typical………….. vindictiveness”. My quite long experience has given some weight to that. For decades there seemed hardly a day when we weren’t subject to some Tory defence “review”.
Londonrake
Main Contributor
Main Contributor
 
Posts: 5557
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:19 pm
Location: ROC

PreviousNext

Return to Politics and Elections

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests